You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
scubaroo - 22 Nov 2017 9:09 AM
Munrubenmuz - 22 Nov 2017 7:57 AM

Look hes a great bloke, and im not the kind of guy to have issues with friends partners or anything but this girl who i knew for 10 years before they got together has broken him. 
For the first few years he stayed with her because she financially bailed him out. Then he wanted out but didn't have the balls. About 6 months ago she turned "vegan" still has the leather handbags and shoes etc... but made him go vegan, this is a guy that could sit in front of his smoker for 12 hours cooking brisket.
Then he confided in a friend that he wanted out probably 2 months ago... crazy!

Seen this happen many times, always to suggestive, low energy blokes who get sucked in to the marriage game. Or the chick falls pregnant and refuses to abort for personal reasons, taking no input from the other half of the relationship, effectively leaving the bloke anchored to this band-aid baby that stuck with you for life, along with the myopic, self-obsessed and, after pregnancy, even uglier woman who'd drop you in an instant if a bloke with money came knocking.

First person to call me cynical will be thrashed by a book written by Diogenes 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

marconi101 - 22 Nov 2017 10:11 AM
scubaroo - 22 Nov 2017 9:09 AM

Seen this happen many times, always to suggestive, low energy blokes who get sucked in to the marriage game. Or the chick falls pregnant and refuses to abort for personal reasons, taking no input from the other half of the relationship, effectively leaving the bloke anchored to this band-aid baby that stuck with you for life, along with the myopic, self-obsessed and, after pregnancy, even uglier woman who'd drop you in an instant if a bloke with money came knocking.

First person to call me cynical will be thrashed by a book written by Diogenes 

Bitter divorcee or lonely twenty-something?

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Aha while having to reorganise plans is annoying, some of you guys are seriously bitter for what I can only assume are relatively young men.

I'm 35 and got married 6 months ago. I asked for no strippers coz they are tacky as fuck and I'm not a child anymore and the bucks and hens met up for a fucking ripper house party at mine after about 8pm. It was a perfect day/night.

After almost 20 years of going out and partying like a mad man you realise that it's all pretty boring and spending time with your best friend you are marrying is easily as much fun as anything you could do with the lads. It's a shame that for this fella it sounds like the decisions I made for the right reasons were made for him. Hopefully for his sake that's not the whole story.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Davide82 - 22 Nov 2017 1:42 PM
Aha while having to reorganise plans is annoying, some of you guys are seriously bitter for what I can only assume are relatively young men.

I'm 35 and got married 6 months ago. I asked for no strippers coz they are tacky as fuck and I'm not a child anymore and the bucks and hens met up for a fucking ripper house party at mine after about 8pm. It was a perfect day/night.

After almost 20 years of going out and partying like a mad man you realise that it's all pretty boring and spending time with your best friend you are marrying is easily as much fun as anything you could do with the lads. It's a shame that for this fella it sounds like the decisions I made for the right reasons were made for him. Hopefully for his sake that's not the whole story.

Yeah / nah.  His fiancee wants to come to his buck's do !

That's just poor form all round.  

Member since 2008.

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Not 20something. I myself am 32... married 3 years with first child on the way.
The change in plans is not so much of a big deal if it doesn't happen 5 or 6 times... the stripper was what he initially wanted. His bucks was just gonna be beers and bbq at his place. 
Then hens and bucks meet up didn't bother me either but for the fact that we had interstate travellers and everything was locked in... however when it was decided that it would be a bucks party with one female in attendence that being his mrs... that is pretty fucked up.

She is incredibly insecure, as the bloke has had some very nice girlfriends in the past, however he cheated on almost all of them (which i had words with him on many occassions)... ironically he always cheated on past partners with the current fiancé... probably deserve each other really.
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

WGMG: 
Started a new job in september snd everything's been going great.

Untill this week...

So the bloke i work in tandem with is leaving the buisness and i dont resent him for that. His choice hope he does well. 

The issue is, he handed in his notice a month ago and i was told by my boss yesterday that they arent replacing him. 

So im picking up his work. Which i dont know how to do. As well as still learning my side of the job. 

Im happy to take on the extra responsibility but he had 6 months of training for his job. Im going to have 2 days.

Im really not looking forward to the next couple of months right now.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

thejollyvic - 22 Nov 2017 3:16 PM
WGMG: 
Started a new job in september snd everything's been going great.

Untill this week...

So the bloke i work in tandem with is leaving the buisness and i dont resent him for that. His choice hope he does well. 

The issue is, he handed in his notice a month ago and i was told by my boss yesterday that they arent replacing him. 

So im picking up his work. Which i dont know how to do. As well as still learning my side of the job. 

Im happy to take on the extra responsibility but he had 6 months of training for his job. Im going to have 2 days.

Im really not looking forward to the next couple of months right now.

pretty good time to put in for a rise

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Buggalugs 2.0 - 22 Nov 2017 3:49 PM
thejollyvic - 22 Nov 2017 3:16 PM

pretty good time to put in for a rise

Ive only been here 3 months didnt want to jimp the gun to be honest.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

scubaroo - 22 Nov 2017 3:02 PM

Not 20something. I myself am 32... married 3 years with first child on the way.
The change in plans is not so much of a big deal if it doesn't happen 5 or 6 times... the stripper was what he initially wanted. His bucks was just gonna be beers and bbq at his place. 
Then hens and bucks meet up didn't bother me either but for the fact that we had interstate travellers and everything was locked in... however when it was decided that it would be a bucks party with one female in attendence that being his mrs... that is pretty fucked up.

She is incredibly insecure, as the bloke has had some very nice girlfriends in the past, however he cheated on almost all of them (which i had words with him on many occassions)... ironically he always cheated on past partners with the current fiancé... probably deserve each other really.

Yeah....sounds like a great couple. I foresee no problems there aha
I was more speaking in general I guess and thebitter comment was directed at Marconi to be honest

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Davide82 - 22 Nov 2017 4:37 PM
scubaroo - 22 Nov 2017 3:02 PM

Yeah....sounds like a great couple. I foresee no problems there aha
I was more speaking in general I guess and thebitter comment was directed at Marconi to be honest

Haha yeah fair enough. 

Honestly until he met this women he would never think of cheating on anyone, he was in a terrible relationship first up and cheating mustve looked like an easy out for him.  She corrupted him so badly... its funny.... its that sad.

There are alot of mental issues on both sides... pretty glad ive resigned from all responsibilities in they wedding. 

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

scubaroo - 22 Nov 2017 5:10 PM
Davide82 - 22 Nov 2017 4:37 PM

Haha yeah fair enough. 

Honestly until he met this women he would never think of cheating on anyone, he was in a terrible relationship first up and cheating mustve looked like an easy out for him.  She corrupted him so badly... its funny.... its that sad.

There are alot of mental issues on both sides... pretty glad ive resigned from all responsibilities in they wedding. 

Oh just watch it from the sidelines without a care in the world. Good you got out. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

I know someone who planned her friend's hen night during her time backpacking around Australia. WhatsApp makes it easier but the constant bickering and changing of plans by those women invited and the cynicism at any suggestion did her head in. First Amsterdam, no too prude and costly. OK Hamburg? All indecisive as hell. As local, easy day in Hannover it is.  Once in agreement about activities etc everything seems be ok. Best is the bride ignored her best friend a good 8 weeks before the night.

Awkward meeting up with an attitude of 'since you went backpacking I'm different and better than you' day begins with an innocent brunch. The place was low on food and many dishes couldn't be served. No fault of the planner. Absolute wrath of 10 women.

Activities begin. Pretty sure it was a massage and spa thing. Bride sits around like a dead corpse just out of it and disinterested while the rest comment on how poor the selection and price was despite all of them scanning the website due to mistrust of the maid of honour and still signing off on it in the end with enough positivity.

The evening rolls on. Alcohol comes into play and a well behaved maid encourages the bride to enjoy herself. Drinking a single shot is just too immature though and why would anyone go to a bar in a hen night she says. Maid keeps distance and dodges but survives the night. Bride ignores for weeks and maid isn't even sure what is going on.

Wedding comes around and the maid is mostly ignored and gossiped about the entire night. She pulls through quite wounded but talks to other guests to get away from it. Friendship pretty much ends and one thankfully doesn't have to put up with bullying anymore. 
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Man, weddings do crazy things to people. I know so many horror stories and we were told them all while planning our wedding. I count my lucky stars we got out of ours with no simmering resentments anywhere aha

I was nervous as hell coz dad left my mum about 2 years prior (after 40 years together) and they hadn't seen each other since so I did all I could to keep them on separate tables etc knowing what mum's like after a few wines but she held it together and I managed to relax and not keep half an eye on them for the bulk of the reception.
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Davide82 - 23 Nov 2017 11:05 AM
Man, weddings do crazy things to people. I know so many horror stories and we were told them all while planning our wedding. I count my lucky stars we got out of ours with no simmering resentments anywhere aha

I was nervous as hell coz dad left my mum about 2 years prior (after 40 years together) and they hadn't seen each other since so I did all I could to keep them on separate tables etc knowing what mum's like after a few wines but she held it together and I managed to relax and not keep half an eye on them for the bulk of the reception.

I put my mum on a separate table to my dad at my wedding and she has barley spoken to me since. I wasn't really worried about her but her husband is an argumentative arsehole and I thought it would be smart to keep him and my dad separate. F*ck me, the drama that has caused.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Why can't parents just behave for one day for the sake of their child getting married? They put on a happy face long enough to hide the marriage problems. Why not for that one day. My girlfriend's parents thankfully just say hello and stay apart but never come to blows. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Our wedding was easy... i have no real attachment to family so i only invited mum dad and sister.

My wifes parents broke up years ago though the mrs hated her dads partner she still invited her (idiot) other than that it was her mum and 2 of 3 sister's came otherwise... tonnes of friends. 

Never understood the attachment of people you don't like.  Family is overrated. 
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

This sounds like your mate, scuba:

WGMG: This one is a bit out of left-field, but I nominate the NSW Roads 'Destination Zero' campaign.

For those of you outside the Premier State, we've got these ads with 'random' people being asked what they think would be a 'good' number of road fatalities per year, then that number being illustrated to them by actual people walking along (plenty of women and children, of course) to which they quickly change their answer to zero. If that isn't an Appeal To Emotion at it's most blatant, I don't know what is... 

Now before I'm accused of being a cold-hearted reptilian? I get that the intention is a good one- we all would like to see less deaths on our roads. I spent 2 years as an Uber driver on the side and clocked up more than 50,000k's doing this- I'm well aware just how bad some people are at driving. I never take driving for granted, I recognise that it's the most dangerous thing most of us do in a given day. BUT... the notion of ever having 0 road deaths is in the realms of fantasy. Perhaps I'm reading too far into this, but this campaign just seems to present a convenient excuse for the government to introduce ever more invasive and far reaching laws, enabling them to pocket more revenue into their coffers through law enforcement under the excuse that they're aiming for 0 road deaths and, on these grounds "no step taken is a step too far". And if you disagree, you must not care about all those poor women and children dying on our roads must you, you heartless bastard. 

The end result of emotional blackmail like this are things like our ridiculous seat-belt laws and the MDT's- both of which (in their current state) are clearly just thinly-veiled excuses to issue more fines and give law enforcement a licence to further invade a civilians' right to privacy. Essentially as soon as you sit behind the wheel, you are fair game to them. What frustrates me most is how many people assume these groups in power have our best interests at heart, without bothering to stop and consider what they have to gain from introducing new legislation unopposed on a sunshine and rainbows fantasy where nobody ever dies. If they were REALLY serious about aiming for 0 road deaths, they'd make everybody ride bicycles- and even then some of the clowns I've seen behind the wheel would probably still find a way to write themselves off...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
7 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

WGMG: Anyone who likes the unfunny posts put up on Facebook by State Police. It is an instant, undeniable normie alert, the cops are the enemies you fools, the instruments of the totalitarian globalists hell bent on limiting your liberty. Buzzkills are not cool, no matter how witty they are 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 25 Nov 2017 12:24 PM

The end result of emotional blackmail like this are things like our ridiculous seat-belt laws and the MDT's- both of which (in their current state) are clearly just thinly-veiled excuses to issue more fines and give law enforcement a licence to further invade a civilians' right to privacy. 

Sorry but can you explain what you have against seat belts?  (Or have I misread this.)

Member since 2008.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

marconi101 - 27 Nov 2017 4:54 PM
WGMG: Anyone who likes the unfunny posts put up on Facebook by State Police. It is an instant, undeniable normie alert, the cops are the enemies you fools, the instruments of the totalitarian globalists hell bent on limiting your liberty. Buzzkills are not cool, no matter how witty they are 

Haha. Put the tinfoil hat back on matey. 

I have a mate who says shit like this who has a thing against cops because he got too pissed to handle himself and resisted arrest. The result was he got thrown on the ground and cuffed. He believes it was abuse of power. The reality is that he was being a fuckwit. He's the only one who believes he didn't do anything wrong too. Very amusing. 

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
WGMG:  the cops are the enemies you fools,

This is meant to be a joke right
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 27 Nov 2017 5:47 PM
Captain Haddock - 25 Nov 2017 12:24 PM

Sorry but can you explain what you have against seat belts?  (Or have I misread this.)

I imagine his answer is it's nanny state bullshit and that people who are stupid enough to die deserve to die and they are just doing it so they can fine you $$ anyway (when you are too stupid to put your seatbelt on)
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Davide82 - 28 Nov 2017 12:26 PM
Munrubenmuz - 27 Nov 2017 5:47 PM

I imagine his answer is it's nanny state bullshit and that people who are stupid enough to die deserve to die and they are just doing it so they can fine you $$ anyway (when you are too stupid to put your seatbelt on)

Not quite...

For instance you might know that as it stands, if you have a passenger in your car and they are found without their seatbelt on, not only do they receive a fine and loss of points but you also receives a fine and loss of points- and unless you have a dash cam or seat-belt chime for the rear seat of your car that can prove otherwise, you're fucked. Let me give you an example:

During my 2 years moonlighting as an Uber driver, I picked up a bunch of young blokes one night in Broadbeach. They hopped in and once they were seated, I looked behind me to check they were fully in and sitting down, ready to go, like I always did. I asked if they were buckled in and we were ready to go, and they said they were. In the darkness I could see their belts tight across their lap and I'd heard the clicking of their seat-belts. Fair enough. So off we went...

Now, this was the night club strip of the Gold Coast late on a Saturday night. My car was full, the roads were typically busy with traffic and I had the radio on- in between making conversation with my front seat passenger, checking my speed, keeping an eye on the stop-start traffic on the Gold Coast Highway and checking for idiots making a dash across the road. Basically, what any safe driver would do, right?

We turn up a one-way street in Surfers when a cop van flashes its' lights behind us. I pull over, cops walk up and reckon I didn't use my indicator as I made the turn (I'm suspicious of this because I ALWAYS use my indicator- there are enough dickheads that don't, as is). Then he points out two blokes in the back seat who don't have their belts on. Fines and loss of points for these idiots in the back... and fine/ loss of points for me. I pointed out the absurdity of this to the cop there who rattled off the road rules, I'm not a taxi driver so if I crashed and the passengers died I'd be fucked etc etc textbook cop talk. Just another officer fresh on shift and eager to make a haul for his employers in an area that's a gold mine for law enforcement...

I took the matter to court (because being a commercial driver, I needed every drivers' point I had). The actual court appearance was unbelievable. The arresting officer said as my car had turned up the street, one of the guys in the back had leaned right forward in his seat and that's when they'd flicked the warning lights on. Then when I took the stand, the Police prosecutor ran through all these ridiculous scenarios, looking for any line of reason, no matter how far detached from reality, to justify them upholding the charges against me. Essentially, because I stopped short of tugging each one of those pricks' belts when they got in to make absolutely sure they were buckled in- and because I had other things to be doing during the 10 minute trip (check my speed, watch the traffic in both lanes ahead of me, check my rear-vision mirror for cars behind me, watch for pedestrians, make friendly conversation with a paying rider etc) it was apparently still not good enough. Supposedly I should also have been checking every seat belt in the car every minute to make sure these morons in the back hadn't decided, at some point, to go "Hey, let's unclip our seat-belts- that'll make this trip better!" The Police prosecutor and the judge seemingly found it difficult to believe that a) I could have known they were all buckled in at the start, and b) I hadn't known this idiot in the back was leaning forward in the 10 seconds before the cops flashed their lights at me...

So I fought the law, and the law won. They did so using all kinds of laughable arguments that never apply in the real world, just to maintain their case against me. I felt no malice towards the Police prosecutor or the arresting officer. But fuck me if it isn't a statement on how idiotic and over-regulated this country is, when I can be charged and fined because a bunch of guys old enough to vote, old enough to serve our country, old enough to drink and old enough to hit the clubs made the conscious decision to put their own lives at risk. It'd be different if these guys were young children- but it's basically like if somebody at a party smoked ice and I was charged for not stopping them. My grievance isn't with the cops- like any other job, there are fuckwits and there are decent ones. But I have a big problem with the system itself and how clearly it's been set up as a revenue raising scam, thinly disguised as giving a shit about the welfare of John and Jane Citizen. Unfortunately, too many people don't give a shit because beer footy cricket pokies renovation shows what about fuckin' Don Burke aye best country in the world straya caaaarnt at least we aren't like those muricans shooting each other every week aye- now pass me a beer caaarnt....

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
7 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

BETHFC - 28 Nov 2017 10:33 AM

Haha. Put the tinfoil hat back on matey. 

I have a mate who says shit like this who has a thing against cops because he got too pissed to handle himself and resisted arrest. The result was he got thrown on the ground and cuffed. He believes it was abuse of power. The reality is that he was being a fuckwit. He's the only one who believes he didn't do anything wrong too. Very amusing. 

Excessive use of force, totalitarianism defined 

Muz
Muz
Legend

Captain Haddock - 28 Nov 2017 2:35 PM
Davide82 - 28 Nov 2017 12:26 PM

Not quite...

For instance you might know that as it stands, if you have a passenger in your car and they are found without their seatbelt on, not only do they receive a fine and loss of points but you also receives a fine and loss of points- and unless you have a dash cam or seat-belt chime for the rear seat of your car that can prove otherwise, you're fucked. Let me give you an example:

During my 2 years moonlighting as an Uber driver, I picked up a bunch of young blokes one night in Broadbeach. They hopped in and once they were seated, I looked behind me to check they were fully in and sitting down, ready to go, like I always did. I asked if they were buckled in and we were ready to go, and they said they were. In the darkness I could see their belts tight across their lap and I'd heard the clicking of their seat-belts. Fair enough. So off we went...

Now, this was the night club strip of the Gold Coast late on a Saturday night. My car was full, the roads were typically busy with traffic and I had the radio on- in between making conversation with my front seat passenger, checking my speed, keeping an eye on the stop-start traffic on the Gold Coast Highway and checking for idiots making a dash across the road. Basically, what any safe driver would do, right?

We turn up a one-way street in Surfers when a cop van flashes its' lights behind us. I pull over, cops walk up and reckon I didn't use my indicator as I made the turn (I'm suspicious of this because I ALWAYS use my indicator- there are enough dickheads that don't, as is). Then he points out two blokes in the back seat who don't have their belts on. Fines and loss of points for these idiots in the back... and fine/ loss of points for me. I pointed out the absurdity of this to the cop there who rattled off the road rules, I'm not a taxi driver so if I crashed and the passengers died I'd be fucked etc etc textbook cop talk. Just another officer fresh on shift and eager to make a haul for his employers in an area that's a gold mine for law enforcement...

I took the matter to court (because being a commercial driver, I needed every drivers' point I had). The actual court appearance was unbelievable. The arresting officer said as my car had turned up the street, one of the guys in the back had leaned right forward in his seat and that's when they'd flicked the warning lights on. Then when I took the stand, the Police prosecutor ran through all these ridiculous scenarios, looking for any line of reason, no matter how far detached from reality, to justify them upholding the charges against me. Essentially, because I stopped short of tugging each one of those pricks' belts when they got in to make absolutely sure they were buckled in- and because I had other things to be doing during the 10 minute trip (check my speed, watch the traffic in both lanes ahead of me, check my rear-vision mirror for cars behind me, watch for pedestrians, make friendly conversation with a paying rider etc) it was apparently still not good enough. Supposedly I should also have been checking every seat belt in the car every minute to make sure these morons in the back hadn't decided, at some point, to go "Hey, let's unclip our seat-belts- that'll make this trip better!" The Police prosecutor and the judge seemingly found it difficult to believe that a) I could have known they were all buckled in at the start, and b) I hadn't known this idiot in the back was leaning forward in the 10 seconds before the cops flashed their lights at me...

So I fought the law, and the law won. They did so using all kinds of laughable arguments that never apply in the real world, just to maintain their case against me. I felt no malice towards the Police prosecutor or the arresting officer. But fuck me if it isn't a statement on how idiotic and over-regulated this country is, when I can be charged and fined because a bunch of guys old enough to vote, old enough to serve our country, old enough to drink and old enough to hit the clubs made the conscious decision to put their own lives at risk. It'd be different if these guys were young children- but it's basically like if somebody at a party smoked ice and I was charged for not stopping them. My grievance isn't with the cops- like any other job, there are fuckwits and there are decent ones. But I have a big problem with the system itself and how clearly it's been set up as a revenue raising scam, thinly disguised as giving a shit about the welfare of John and Jane Citizen. Unfortunately, too many people don't give a shit because beer footy cricket pokies renovation shows what about fuckin' Don Burke aye best country in the world straya caaaarnt at least we aren't like those muricans shooting each other every week aye- now pass me a beer caaarnt....

Well in this instance I do sympathise with you.

I had my own run in with the police when I was pinged for going through a red light camera even though in the red light camera photos you could clearly see there was a green arrow and I had my blinker on.  (The red light at the intersection was for continuing straight.  A left turn was still permitted.) 

My crime?  Leaving from the wrong lane.  (There were 2 lanes heading straight, one swinging left.  When I realised I was in the middle lane and needed to be in the left I put my blinker on and turned left crossing the white line perpendicular to the road with half a car, the other half being in the left lane).  This was due, according to me, to the lack of arrows or signage on the approach to the intersection whereby the offence occurred.  In addition the 'straight' lanes swept around to quite a hard right to continue straight (I exited left more or less straight ahead).  I decided to contest it with photographic evidence of the intersection in hand and examples of better/normal intersection lane markings and signage.  (This is not a great explanation I realise but rest assured the police prosecutor told me that complaints about this particular intersection had reached minister level on more than one occasion.)

So here’s a tip don't waste your time contesting it.

I took the day off work, went there, waited for hours, got called up before you front the judge (you meet the prosecutor and a police officer), tell them you want to plead not guilty and then they say to you 'well you need to come back on such and such a day' because they won't deal with it on that day. 

So then you need to take another day off and if it all goes wrong and they still find you guilty you need to pay the original fine plus court costs.

Such a bunch of bullshit they put you through. No doubt to put others from doing the same. So I pleaded guilty, copped the original fine, a court imposed fee or some bullshit and a ‘victim’ levy.

That’s when  realised the whole thing is rigged against the average punter having a crack.  Pay your money and shut up is what they want and apply no common sense.

Member since 2008.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Wgmg:  being under  the pump at work. Since they  sacked the other driver ive been put under immense  pressure to do double the amount  of deliveries..i don't  mind  but they expect me to say go to shepparton and cone back  and load up and deliver  another job. But forget ive been up since 330 and started work at 530 . And know its summer  ive been unloading  in the sun  so ive getting heat stress
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Munrubenmuz - 28 Nov 2017 3:27 PM
Captain Haddock - 28 Nov 2017 2:35 PM

Well in this instance I do sympathise with you.

I had my own run in with the police when I was pinged for going through a red light camera even though in the red light camera photos you could clearly see there was a green arrow and I had my blinker on.  (The red light at the intersection was for continuing straight.  A left turn was still permitted.) 

My crime?  Leaving from the wrong lane.  (There were 2 lanes heading straight, one swinging left.  When I realised I was in the middle lane and needed to be in the left I put my blinker on and turned left crossing the white line perpendicular to the road with half a car, the other half being in the left lane).  This was due, according to me, to the lack of arrows or signage on the approach to the intersection whereby the offence occurred.  In addition the 'straight' lanes swept around to quite a hard right to continue straight (I exited left more or less straight ahead).  I decided to contest it with photographic evidence of the intersection in hand and examples of better/normal intersection lane markings and signage.  (This is not a great explanation I realise but rest assured the police prosecutor told me that complaints about this particular intersection had reached minister level on more than one occasion.)

So here’s a tip don't waste your time contesting it.

I took the day off work, went there, waited for hours, got called up before you front the judge (you meet the prosecutor and a police officer), tell them you want to plead not guilty and then they say to you 'well you need to come back on such and such a day' because they won't deal with it on that day. 

So then you need to take another day off and if it all goes wrong and they still find you guilty you need to pay the original fine plus court costs.

Such a bunch of bullshit they put you through. No doubt to put others from doing the same. So I pleaded guilty, copped the original fine, a court imposed fee or some bullshit and a ‘victim’ levy.

That’s when  realised the whole thing is rigged against the average punter having a crack.  Pay your money and shut up is what they want and apply no common sense.

I hear you on that.

Such a waste of time, agreed.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

I tried to take them on once and found out the hard way that it was a futile exercise.

Just pay up is my advice. The odds are against the average Joe all the time.

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I know a guy from my Uber days who is very cluey about dealing with the authorities, what you legally can get away with etc. If there's any trouble he's my first port of call, and if he reckons it's worth fighting then I fight it.

RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

This is a WGMG also.  Maybe we need an app to disrupt the "Court Challenges" industry.

My story was due to a few things I had to drive my brother in laws ute for a couple of days.  It was beat up and a bit crap but nothing structurally wrong with it and the drive was 20 minutes which was fine for an engine that just had to start to be useful.

So I am driving home one summers day, window down, metal hair blowing in the breeze.  Awesome song comes on the radio so I turn it up, rest my head against my hand which is leaning against the car door and start singing along to it.

Immediately I am pulled over by a cop.  "Yeh righto, wtf is wrong with the ute now?" I start pondering.  My brother in law isn't the most trustworthy so I start preparing my head for the list of insults and things wrong with his car after dealing with the police.

Police walks up to my window and flat out asks me why I didn't see him coming up on my outside.  "Were you that unaware of your surroundings?"  

As a socially awkward person, this definitely didn't go to script from the start so suddenly I was on the back foot.

The offense turned out to be talking on my phone while driving.  WTF!?  I said as much and all I got back was the police talk about how he saw me on it therefore i'm wrong and could have killed someone.

I was wondering whether I should challenge such crap in court but felt they'd back the farfetched story.  My phone was black, my car was working class, I had my arm up to my head and my lips were moving.  3 DP's and $500 or something.  Didn't really want to take time off work for a court appearance either.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search