You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Probably 2019. I did a scoreless Year 12 pathway and I don't know what I want to study. I'm going to take a year to work on myself and hopefully pass the STAT test.

WGMG: My closest mate and I aren't speaking. I believe she's cut me off cos my poor mental health has been too much for her. Woo.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

WAGMG: Make that three mates. My three closest mates have all cut me off. I deserve it.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class

Oh also I'm sick, I feel like I'm gonna vomit or pass out and I haven't heard back from my GP about a referral to see a new psychiatrist.

2018 is so lit fam :^)

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

salmonfc - 5 Jan 2018 6:13 PM
Oh also I'm sick, I feel like I'm gonna vomit or pass out and I haven't heard back from my GP about a referral to see a new psychiatrist.2018 is so lit fam :^)

Have you tried EMDR ?

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class

Nope, just talk therapy. My last shrink suggested mindfulness and meditation.

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

I never understood exactly what “mindfulness” really was anyway.

I got told I’m going through a grieving process, which does makes sense of why I feel so shit.

It’s really strange, I can feel the pain of a lost relationship slipping away, but I almost don’t want it to go because it’s my last memory and I know that when it goes, there will be nothing left....
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

salmonfc - 5 Jan 2018 10:05 PM
Nope, just talk therapy. My last shrink suggested mindfulness and meditation.

Buddhist crap, won't fix Trauma related stuff

Find someone who can do EMDR

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

WGMG:

The weather of late- slept fitfully several times, then after I finally get to sleep I'm awakened a few hours later by the sound of a downpour or storm. I manage to drift off again sooner or later with the same difficulty as before, only for the early sun to come and bring it to the point where I wake up tired. 

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
GMG...  Latest flood of click-bait shit on Facebook...  I typically avoid clickbait on principal, but every now and then you see a picture that is so obviously clickbait that you click it just to see how the fuck they can justify using it...  Did so yesterday and was within a millimetre of confirming that I wanted to sign up to a paid subscription service.  The "continue" button suddenly replaced by a "agree" button the same font, colour and position as the "continue" button had previously been.  It's grinding my gears to imagine how many have accidently hit that button and how long they will spend trying to cancel said service.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Benjamin - 11 Jan 2018 10:03 AM
GMG...  Latest flood of click-bait shit on Facebook...  I typically avoid clickbait on principal, but every now and then you see a picture that is so obviously clickbait that you click it just to see how the fuck they can justify using it...  Did so yesterday and was within a millimetre of confirming that I wanted to sign up to a paid subscription service.  The "continue" button suddenly replaced by a "agree" button the same font, colour and position as the "continue" button had previously been.  It's grinding my gears to imagine how many have accidently hit that button and how long they will spend trying to cancel said service.

How to fight the 'dark patterns' websites deploy to trick you to spend more

http://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-01-11/the-internet-is-full-of-dark-patterns-its-time-to-fight-back/9316968

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Benjamin - 11 Jan 2018 10:03 AM

Just got slogged $99.99 for a 'free' antivirus software. Rang up their customer service in India who said I had to pay them $77 to get my $99 back. SCAM SCAM SCAM 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

WGMG: Organised to have an air conditioner installed yesterday (perfect timing for the two 40+ degree days) but, the installers brought the wrong model air con and now they can't get the right one til next tuesday!
So I'm still awake cause its too damn hot! 
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

WGMG:

The knobs at the Australian Open thinking they're funny disrupting the game. Should be a minimum $500 fine for it. Everyone knows the expectations. If you can't be quiet, don't go. 

To the knob who ran down the stairs to create some social media hit and then calling it "the greatest thing ever", people like you are whats wrong with the world. 

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

BETHFC - 19 Jan 2018 9:46 AM
WGMG:

The knobs at the Australian Open thinking they're funny disrupting the game. Should be a minimum $500 fine for it. Everyone knows the expectations. If you can't be quiet, don't go. 

To the knob who ran down the stairs to create some social media hit and then calling it "the greatest thing ever", people like you are whats wrong with the world. 

WGMG: TENNIS. cannot stand it. Up there with a American football for worst game on the planet. Will commend tennis players for their athletic prowess. Unlike american football players. 

But tennis ruins summer.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Wgmg: iinet. 2 weeks now ive been trying get my net connected. First  they said they'll  ring opticomm to connect my fibre . Nothing  so i rang  opticomm myself  and they  said  its already connected they just need iinet to connect. So i rang  iinet yesterday  and they said 24 to 48 hrs business days  😠😠😠 . I told them  i wont be paying anything  as i had no service for the two weeks we lived in this  house
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

BETHFC - 19 Jan 2018 9:46 AM
WGMG:

Noticed it a lot during Federer's match yesterday. Absolute clowns
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 20 Jan 2018 7:32 PM
Wgmg: iinet. 2 weeks now ive been trying get my net connected. First  they said they'll  ring opticomm to connect my fibre . Nothing  so i rang  opticomm myself  and they  said  its already connected they just need iinet to connect. So i rang  iinet yesterday  and they said 24 to 48 hrs business days  😠😠😠 . I told them  i wont be paying anything  as i had no service for the two weeks we lived in this  house

Fucking hate opticomm. So bloody expensive and none of the big providers service it.
We had iinet for less than a month, it was so expensive and never worked. Been with telesurf for 12 months, its rubbish too but not nearly as expensive as iinet.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

scubaroo - 21 Jan 2018 11:38 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 20 Jan 2018 7:32 PM

Fucking hate opticomm. So bloody expensive and none of the big providers service it.
We had iinet for less than a month, it was so expensive and never worked. Been with telesurf for 12 months, its rubbish too but not nearly as expensive as iinet.

They're  scum. I was with iinet at my old house. So stuck with them. Since i live in an opticomm estate (harpley in werribee) i rather  use  what i had before. Hopefully when we move to our new house in the next year we can finally get limitless fibre 
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

WGMG: John Goodman not getting an Oscar for 10 Cloverfield Lane. Good heavens the screen presence

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

WGMG - regret, lack of closure and replaying conversations in my mind. Also standing in the backyard at 3am I the morning wishing I’d done things differently.

God Van Marwijk better be good and give me a reason to hope again.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Wgmg: half of my work havent been paid. Boss did the pays really late Thursday.  Argh annoying as fuck
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

WGMG-

This old mate of mine who is fucking annoying. We met many years ago when I was younger, more passive and more willing to give people my advice. This guy has a form of schizophrenia where he'll imagine entire conversations with people that never happened or situations that didn't happen to the point he can't differentiate fact from imagination. Guess who he'd call freaking out about shit that supposedly happened 3 years previous or conversations that never happened? He also suffers from co-dependancy. He's a friendly, well-connected guy but he pushes a lot of people away because of how needy he gets with guys, and while a lot of girls like him he can push them away through being so intense and paranoid about every little thing. You know those guys who think every second guy is looking at their girlfriend? That's him to a tee. He also has this ability to take something you could understand in a 1 minute conversation and milk it into 10 minutes of making the same point over and over and over and over and over.

He's got better in the 10 years I've known him, but it's still fucking annoying when he calls me 3 or 4 times a week just to chat, and nothing majorly of note has happened in his life. I don't know how many times I've told him I'm not a big phone-talker (not with most people anyway) and that I'd be happy if he sent me a text seeing what's been going on, but it never sinks in. The thing is, if I didn't hear from him for a couple of weeks I'd call him of my own accord, but he doesn't give people the gift of missing him- at least not with me. It pisses me off that I was so patient, generous with my time and passive in my early 20's and now it's like I can't reverse this shit. He's not on Fb so his only real way of contacting me is through my number- especially since I moved interstate. But I'm not going to change my phone number of 15 years for just one person- that's retarded.

Sometimes I'll get so frustrated with him I'll go on a rant about his bad habits and people will think I'm being harsh on him. It's like nobody gets it. I don't want to cut this guy off, at the same time I don't want to have to be dealing with this shit for the next 20, 30, 40 years. As you get older and your social circles shrink, maybe I should be more grateful for somebody who actually cares about what goes on with my life? At the same time, I don't want to be the one expected to drop everything and come to the rescue if he makes a bad decision and it blows up in his face. I'm not going to bore you with the details but it's happened in the past and again- guess who was his first port of call? Even his family have thanked me numerous times for being there for him but fucks sake, I'm nobody's Mr-Fix-It. I don't give people free advice anymore because all that happens is other people's problems become your problems and I don't get a cent for it. A little while back there was this girl I had a thing going with, and I felt a real connection with her. I've rarely felt it with other girls I've met/ dated/ fooled around with over the years. But even then, she could contact me from overseas (where she's currently living) tomorrow, say she wanted to come back here for me and I'd have to turn her down because there's an indecisiveness and an instability to her I couldn't live with. I picked up on it early, but reserved my judgement until (yet again) my early hunch about somebody proved correct and I knew it couldn't be. I even told another mate of mine "Whatever happens, don't fucking let me get next to her if the situation presents itself." I regret that nothing could happen with this girl, but I'd rather have that regret than spend the next ___ years waking up every day going "Why the fuck did I get myself into this?"

In similar fashion, I like this old mate of mine- in many ways he's a useful person to know. He's gregarious and well-connected. A number of times when I've been downcast, he's been around. But it's all the other things that piss me off, and I also blame myself for not putting the foot down when I was younger. If I keep my number, he'll have it until/ unless he loses it somehow. I don't want to do something so drastic as to change my number or go cold on him completely. But WGMG is facing the fact that he might never learn the simple truth that "Absence makes the heart grow fonder", and that I'm paying the price because of a few years back in my early 20's when I had lower standards and much more patience.

I just needed to vent, because I've never done it in a constant train of thought like this before. /rant.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 27 Jan 2018 12:09 PM
Wgmg: half of my work havent been paid. Boss did the pays really late Thursday.  Argh annoying as fuck

Hopefully the last time !

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-04/how-will-instant-payments-actually-work/9010400

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Buggalugs 2.0 - 29 Jan 2018 11:01 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 27 Jan 2018 12:09 PM

Hopefully the last time !

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-04/how-will-instant-payments-actually-work/9010400

Got paid an hour ago. Due to boss doing pays late on Thursday.  Westpac stopped processing at 430 due to public holiday. 

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

WGMG: My wife lent our victory memberships to a workmate of hers as we couldn't go to the australia day game, so her workmate took her husband and two kids. 
They were loving it until an avocado was thrown from the Sydney section and hit a guy behind them and rebounded to hit one of the kids (didn't upset him but he was a little wary of more coming) then about 20 minutes later Sydney got full on feral and a drink bottle filled with what she assumed was fish sauce hit her other son. They had police around them and st.john ambos helped out with an ice pack but the child was too upset to stay at the game.  i think the kids are only 6 and 7.
Nothing done by stadium management or police even though they were told by police theyd identified who had done it. 

One of the kids is now too petrified to go back to a game. 

On a positive note a victory supporter (i don't have a description) actually gave the upset child a Melbourne victory shirt. Which is pretty damn amazing from a stranger. 

Just really annoyed. I've been going to victory games for 12 years and not once had a problem and this happens to someone at their first game. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

scubaroo - 30 Jan 2018 1:03 AM
WGMG: My wife lent our victory memberships to a workmate of hers as we couldn't go to the australia day game, so her workmate took her husband and two kids. 
They were loving it until an avocado was thrown from the Sydney section and hit a guy behind them and rebounded to hit one of the kids (didn't upset him but he was a little wary of more coming) then about 20 minutes later Sydney got full on feral and a drink bottle filled with what she assumed was fish sauce hit her other son. They had police around them and st.john ambos helped out with an ice pack but the child was too upset to stay at the game.  i think the kids are only 6 and 7.
Nothing done by stadium management or police even though they were told by police theyd identified who had done it. 

One of the kids is now too petrified to go back to a game. 

On a positive note a victory supporter (i don't have a description) actually gave the upset child a Melbourne victory shirt. Which is pretty damn amazing from a stranger. 

Just really annoyed. I've been going to victory games for 12 years and not once had a problem and this happens to someone at their first game. 

Such a shame. Unfortunately such a story will circulate amongst parents and kids stamping an A League match as a risky thing for families. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

johnszasz - 30 Jan 2018 3:52 AM
scubaroo - 30 Jan 2018 1:03 AM

Such a shame. Unfortunately such a story will circulate amongst parents and kids stamping an A League match as a risky thing for families. 

Look, from what I've been told they absolutely loved it (The kids) and it was only one that was majorly upset otherwise i think they would go again, they are a football family.

I guess the issue of seating arrangement is more of an issue, we have general admission memberships and for this game you had to lock in seats and i did it on the first day and these were the only seats available, between the away bays and the south end, not a smart place to place families. Wed sat in the area before and no issues, just the regular stuff.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 29 Jan 2018 6:34 PM
Buggalugs 2.0 - 29 Jan 2018 11:01 AM

Got paid an hour ago. Due to boss doing pays late on Thursday.  Westpac stopped processing at 430 due to public holiday. 

I used to have issues with Qld CBA working on Daylight Saving

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

WGMG: My old uni (Sydney) and the new mandatory online sexual consent 'course'. Its unrealistic (almost seems like it was developed by someone who has never had sex before), condecending to the majority of people who do the right thing and does absolutely nothing to address the actions of those who do the wrong thing.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 31 Jan 2018 6:48 PM
WGMG: My old uni (Sydney) and the new mandatory online sexual consent 'course'. Its unrealistic (almost seems like it was developed by someone who has never had sex before), condecending to the majority of people who do the right thing and does absolutely nothing to address the actions of those who do the wrong thing.

Come on now, every girl grows up dreaming of a man awkwardly asking her "May I please kiss you?" and wanting a signed consent form for every other act that carries on afterwards, with an enthusiastic "Yes!" for every minute of action that takes place...

You've nailed it on the head with who comes up with this stuff- it's the socially retarded, inexperienced (no experienced?) losers who want to get back at everybody else for not being a sexual reject like they are. Think Miss Chokesondick in that episode of 'South Park' where she scares all the girls in Sex Ed about what a horrible thing sex is and how they'll all die of STD's- then suddenly lightens up when Mr Mackey bangs her...

Thing is, we could make it law that every single sex act must have signed consent forms and enthusiastic verbal consent for every minute that takes place- but within a month our legal system would be clogged up with women claiming they felt "pressured" into signing the consent forms and giving verbal consent and we'll be right back to where we started with the "He said/ she said" bullshit.

Culture's fine folks, nothing to see here...

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search