Adelaide sign Džengis Čavušević

Adelaide sign Džengis Čavušević

Author
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/reds-sign-dzengis-cavusevic-bolster-squad
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

We finally made a signing although I was hoping for a 10. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing him and Georgie playing upfront together,
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

From the Swiss second division

Hope he's another one that "finds his level" here
sub007
sub007
World Class

bohemia - 6 Feb 2018 7:23 PM
From the Swiss second division

Hope he's another one that "finds his level" here

His last club Zurich are in the first division although he has yo-yoed between the two throughout his career.
Bozza1#
Bozza1#
Amateur
Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)

What happened to the black guy? (Wasn’t going to post this but how is it really offensive? Honest question?)
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Looks underwhelming but I would have faith in Kurtz, he seems to know what he is doing.

Beaten by Eldar

sub007
sub007
World Class

Bozza1# - 6 Feb 2018 8:14 PM
What happened to the black guy? (Wasn’t going to post this but how is it really offensive? Honest question?)

You really could have looked up his name. To answer your question, Baba has been injured and will be out for some time.

Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

For example, imagine if you reffered to Berisha as "the white guy", not really offensive as much as ignorant.

Beaten by Eldar

If I must
If I must
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)

Baba (Papa Babacar Diawara) has been injured most of the season and is going to be injured for a while now. He also missed most of preseason after going back to Senegal with his wife to have their first child and then having problems getting a visa to bring the baby back to Australia. He arrived very unfit and it just has not happened, a pity because I think he could have been a good quality A-league striker, he showed enough at the end of last season.
redcup
redcup
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Well he is a person. The most important thing that has made us apex sentient beings is our brain and thus our ability to think in the abstract. This amazing ability is equal no matter race, creed, skin colour.
Whether it offends the person is up to them, what you said was just ignorant, so if you had doubts its a pretty good indicator to leave it alone.
What many can't understand is why you didn't just look his name up - it takes less than a minute?
Edited
6 Years Ago by redcup
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Well at least they’re having a crack for this season.
Could be the missing link they need to really challenge.
If I must
If I must
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)

aussie pride - 6 Feb 2018 10:25 PM
Well at least they’re having a crack for this season.Could be the missing link they need to really challenge.

Johan Absalonsen is the missing link to really challenge, get him fit then anything is possible. Having a better striker than Blackwood would help, whether that be Baba or Cavusevic, but it is really quality into the box that the team is lacking.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

redcup - 6 Feb 2018 10:05 PM

Well he is a person. The most important thing that has made us apex sentient beings is our brain and thus our ability to think in the abstract. This amazing ability is equal no matter race, creed, skin colour.
Whether it offends the person is up to them, what you said was just ignorant, so if you had doubts its a pretty good indicator to leave it alone.
What many can't understand is why you didn't just look his name up - it takes less than a minute?

Bah.  It was a descriptor.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Imagine he said 'the red headed bloke' or 'that fella with the rough head'.

Jesus Christ.  That 'black guy' is in no way offensive at all.  Just ridiculous the lengths people will go to be offended on someone else's behalf.

And it's hardly ignorant.  Ignorant would be calling him 'Paul' if his name was Baba.

Member since 2008.

Eldar
Eldar
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 6 Feb 2018 11:24 PM

Bah.  It was a descriptor.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Imagine he said 'the red headed bloke' or 'that fella with the rough head'.

Jesus Christ.  That 'black guy' is in no way offensive at all.  Just ridiculous the lengths people will go to be offended on someone else's behalf.

And it's hardly ignorant.  Ignorant would be calling him 'Paul' if his name was Baba.

or "the white guy".....anyway, Mark Ochieng is still there as far as I know.

Beaten by Eldar

Edited
6 Years Ago by Eldar
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Not wanting to get in to the argument. But just saying, we actually have had a black guy in the aleague. As in, a guy named "Black guy". Isaka Čerňák has a Czech mother, hence being of half African heritage but having a Czech name. The word root is černý which means black. The ák suffix converts the adjective to a person or thing which assumes the form. He's a black guy literally named black guy.

Wouldn't know it from the piss dreadful pronunciation by the commentators though. Sirnack. Lol. Not even farkn close.
Edited
6 Years Ago by bohemia
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

When Facebook comments on the announcement have more to do with football than the 442 forum comments, you know it be dark days round here.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Looks like a big lad so should have no trouble with the physicality of CBs
Blackwood tries but is not strong enough yet, or at least not angry enough yet.

Looks like he can finish the 1 in however many chances he gets the videos don't show so who knows.
I thought Absalonsen crossing to Baba was going to be lethal this season and still feel ripped off that we will never see it. Honestly feel we would be pushing Newcastle had they been fit and firing.

Anyway, all about how quickly this guy fits in now given we have 8(?) games left.
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Thank God ..a voice of reason...Black people talk about white guys all the time  ...I get so sick of people jumping on the "I am better than you because I am so non racist" band wagon...there was quite obviously no malice or racist intent in that comment. It was simply a descriptive term to illustrate who he meant .Some of you wankers need to get a life and worry about more important matters .Would you all be jumping up and down if it was a redhead he was describing  ? No... not a word would be mentioned .
BTW...... I suspect his reason for mentioning that he wasn't sure if he should mention it was more to do with knowing there are so many dickheads intent on showing how wonderfully non racist they are at every possible opportunity.
Edit : just realised you also sited "the redhead" analogy ...didn't mean to steal your thoughts .

Edited
6 Years Ago by miron mercedes
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Wait was redcup being serious? Thought he was taking the mick
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

miron mercedes - 7 Feb 2018 9:43 AM

BTW...... I suspect his reason for mentioning that he wasn't sure if he should mention it was more to do with knowing there are so many dickheads intent on showing how wonderfully non racist they are at every possible opportunity.

To be honest, the poster got exactly what he wanted from the comment. Don't be sucked in.

Exhibit A 
Our country is now a multi cultural country. When did this come about? Who decided this was what we are? It seems like it kinda just popped up sometime in the early 90s. Did you vote about this? 

New Signing
New Signing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Thank God ..a voice of reason...Black people talk about white guys all the time  ...I get so sick of people jumping on the "I am better than you because I am so non racist" band wagon...there was quite obviously no malice or racist intent in that comment. It was simply a descriptive term to illustrate who he meant .Some of you wankers need to get a life and worry about more important matters .Would you all be jumping up and down if it was a redhead he was describing  ? No... not a word would be mentioned .
Edit : just realised you also sited "the redhead" analogy ...didn't mean to steal your thoughts .

I'm with you blokes. People just looking for a reason to be offended on someones behalf so they can claim the holier than thou title. Wankers.
Eldar
Eldar
Pro

Davide82 - 7 Feb 2018 9:48 AM

To be honest, the poster got exactly what he wanted from the comment. Don't be sucked in.

Exhibit A 
Our country is now a multi cultural country. When did this come about? Who decided this was what we are? It seems like it kinda just popped up sometime in the early 90s. Did you vote about this? 

Yeah and a self confessed Trump supporter, his motives and meanings are pretty clear.
Wankers

Beaten by Eldar

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Eldar - 7 Feb 2018 10:40 AM
Davide82 - 7 Feb 2018 9:48 AM

Yeah and a self confessed Trump supporter, his motives and meanings are pretty clear.
Wankers

Yep always these sorts of people that make it out like it's so hard to be respectful to others. Such a straight forward process to build a straw effigy and light it.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Give the little fucking pussies a safe space. 

Bozza1#
Bozza1#
Amateur
Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)

I said ‘Black guy’ cause I couldn’t be bothered looking it up when I knew saying that then ppl would get who I meant. So by being a Trump supporter you know my motives? I support gay marriage, I support equal rights. By not making a fuss of my post u are supporting equal rights. But no some dickheads had to show that they are do gooders.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Bozza1# - 7 Feb 2018 12:42 PM
I said ‘Black guy’ cause I couldn’t be bothered looking it up when I knew saying that then ppl would get who I meant. So by being a Trump supporter you know my motives? I support gay marriage, I support equal rights. By not making a fuss of my post u are supporting equal rights. But no some dickheads had to show that they are do gooders.

1. new tab
2. type "adelaide united striker"
3. type his name here

Took me 5 seconds...
I personally don't care how you described him, I just think the fact you couldn't be bothered doing that shows the internet has been wasted on idiots.
Bozza1#
Bozza1#
Amateur

And it takes 2 seconds for people to realise who I’m talking about. Like others have said if I said white cracker,ranga,obese guy. No one would of battered an eye lid. But the same old do gooders found an opportunity to shine.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Bozza1# - 7 Feb 2018 1:07 PM
And it takes 2 seconds for people to realise who I’m talking about. Like others have said if I said white cracker,ranga,obese guy. No one would of battered an eye lid. But the same old do gooders found an opportunity to shine.

It would take only 1 second to realise who you meant by writing Baba.

It took you longer to type your insincere "i don't know if this is offensive but it's not really" caveat than it did for me to find his name.

So basically you knew what you were doing trying to illicit a response or you are a lazy, useless fuck wit.

I could be sold on either option pretty easily
Edited
6 Years Ago by Davide82
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Davide82 - 7 Feb 2018 1:01 PM
Bozza1# - 7 Feb 2018 12:42 PM

1. new tab
2. type "adelaide united striker"
3. type his name here

Took me 5 seconds...
I personally don't care how you described him, I just think the fact you couldn't be bothered doing that shows the internet has been wasted on idiots.

Yes, but on the flip side, to-be-internet people used to roam the streets.

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Buggalugs 2.0 - 7 Feb 2018 1:19 PM
Davide82 - 7 Feb 2018 1:01 PM

Yes, but on the flip side, to-be-internet people used to roam the streets.

I actually laughed
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search