Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Stoke fighting relegation, always been a bogey club for us and after the intense high of the Roma game I'm not surprised us not grabbing the 3points But it was a clear cut hand ball pen not given late in the 2nd that pretty much confirmed it just wasn't meant to be.
We created enough, Salah missed an earlier chance that had everyone shocked in disbelief.
The stats are compelling to say the least.
We deserved it but Stoke were/are desperate.
Thats 12 draws to date ! give me half that and we'd be 2nd without much to worry about top4 wise.

Were thin in the mid ranks now, concerning.
Lallana,Can and Ox out rest of season, were getting thin now at the business end.
We played TAA at RH, looking likely we may have to consider this vsing Roma.
Either Clyne or Gomez in at RB that I'd be happy with anyway.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Well, what tomorrow may bring !

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Brings a CL Final in Kiev !
No matter the semantics that occurred at the end of it all we came out winners as it should have with a 3goal cushion.
A qualifier to the Final amazing effort by LFC ! YNWA.

Love Football

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

If only the champions league had VAR....
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Works both ways....but have to say and Not on our account but for the game in general I hope FIFA regards to the CL never approves it.
VAR is BS, what the Ref and officials miss or error is "life", human error and should be accepted as we have for decades.
You win some you lose some, goes your way next time it doesn't.
We played to the whistle - the Only tech that should be mandatory is goal line confirmation if at all.
Tech gets OTT, next every offside will be run by VAR and then what next, tackles in the box area, next and next and next.
Fucking joke.
How much tech do people want slowing up the game.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Just like back to the future eh, take us to the edge last game done it on purpose you buggas.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I count on them, with a week's rest and knowing what's at stake, to get the job done next weekend against Brighton. Been a hectic fortnight for the club with a lot of pressure on, I think the players will welcome the time to train and re-focus.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer look, were all with them no doubt about it, I expect them to play this game like there is no tomorrow.
Lock up top4 so as the Final only has the focus of the game itself not with the added pressure gaining the result for next season CL.
I'm expecting Lallana will be on the bench for this.

Go hard city tomorrow re Brighton and Hudders desperation snuffs out a draw.

Poor Joey Gomez, has had a trying season the young fella.
Champion going through those last 2games for us and would be gutted having to have had another op on the ankle looking ahead.
Look forward to he recovering over the break, fitter stronger for 2019.

RM have 3 more league games to play.
tomorrow away @ Seville - please make them run their pants off and they need wins for Europa I think ?.
13/5 Celta @ home - should be a RM win.
20/5 away Villareal - hopefully they also go hard in the box seat for Europa at this stage.
They have 6days recovery to Final on 26th.

After Anfield game we have 12days to recover/regroup !

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Go figure I called it, thanks Mooysi !.
Now just up to us........

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

How sweet it is ! :)
What a season of could have's when looking back.
12 draws - next worst of the 4 is spurs 8, mind boggles.

Have a great recovery fellas and team, you've earned it !

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

A fairly clinical finish on a day where everything went LFC's way that could- except if Leicester could've held Spurs to a point.

Aside from that, more records and recognition for Mo, another CL campaign sealed with a dominant performance where Brighton never looked a remote threat, no injuries- and now preparing for the biggest night of the European football season!

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I'm not complaining but I sure wouldn't say everything went our way regards our game mind you.
The ref officials were useless in the 1st half.
Dunk obvious hand ball early on - ok we accept that but soon after another raid he took down Mo right in front of the ref in the box, commentators even said that was blatantly obvious.
Thankfully he finally sees a handball by Schelotto having his arms rapted around Mane.
Overall a dominate display at home and a good end result for the lads.
Mo's goal was typical low hard and near the posts.
Lovrens don't mess with me goal from the corner showed confidence.
Good Solanke finally got off the mark, what build up play and finish.
Hendo was superb as was Wijnaldum, TAA as usual and I'm loving Robertson, great finish for our 4th.
Have to say Ryan played very well, saved quite a few, he by no means looked the weak link for them.

I had hope the Foxs getting on top but once you heard from the commentry Kane had scored the first I was thinking - oh know don't you get a hat trick or so, glad Foxs' came back shame they didn't get the result just for kicks would have a pissa picking up 3rd.
Just wow by the Toons, great last game for them and Jono played a cracker by the sounds of it and thankyou Rafa even though we made sure of it ourselves.

I'm sensing were gonna be so on the up for Kiev.

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

LFC. - 14 May 2018 12:04 PM
I'm not complaining but I sure wouldn't say everything went our way regards our game mind you.
The ref officials were useless in the 1st half.
Dunk obvious hand ball early on - ok we accept that but soon after another raid he took down Mo right in front of the ref in the box, commentators even said that was blatantly obvious.
Thankfully he finally sees a handball by Schelotto having his arms rapted around Mane.
Overall a dominate display at home and a good end result for the lads.
Mo's goal was typical low hard and near the posts.
Lovrens don't mess with me goal from the corner showed confidence.
Good Solanke finally got off the mark, what build up play and finish.
Hendo was superb as was Wijnaldum, TAA as usual and I'm loving Robertson, great finish for our 4th.
Have to say Ryan played very well, saved quite a few, he by no means looked the weak link for them.

I had hope the Foxs getting on top but once you heard from the commentry Kane had scored the first I was thinking - oh know don't you get a hat trick or so, glad Foxs' came back shame they didn't get the result just for kicks would have a pissa picking up 3rd.
Just wow by the Toons, great last game for them and Jono played a cracker by the sounds of it and thankyou Rafa even though we made sure of it ourselves.

I'm sensing were gonna be so on the up for Kiev.

For all the shit LFC fans have talked this year it's pretty awesome to finish ahead of them haha.

In saying that I do hope you guys win the Champions League. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

We have every right being excited how the season has gone but as you know I don't frequent any other sites for just as you say, the shit some people go on about is most challenging to read - its bad enough seeing the crap on here I couldn't put myself through other places it would drive me nuts.
In saying that it works both ways as you know the banter, tbh for me as long as were in the 4 please's me greatly, be it 4th no matter to me for in the big picture its consolation for all 3 for everyone is a loser below 1st lol.....
Our 12 draws were our achilles heal this season but I'd guess to say we have won the most awards up for grabs for 2018. 

Love Football

Stevie G
Stevie G
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

Hey guys, long time RAWK contributor and thought i'd venture into a forum more close to home! 

Can't wait until next weekend. Although it was Brighton, the game on Sunday night was at a similar standard we played for the first 70mins against Roma. High intensity and relentless on the counter. Hopefully we can carry it into the final. 

Great to see Lovren play well and no doubt he'll gain a lot of confidence from that performance. Got to love Andy Roberston, what a find he's been! 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Welcome SG !
Yer can't wait.
Lovren showed great authority and Robertson is brilliant and great he got off the mark as well.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

tick tock Sunday am koff countdown...........

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Ah the shit talking as expected more so from ol ex spanish players/coachs but the one smart one Zidane, all close to the chest as you'd expect but I like seeing the trash talk, can only inspire our boys.
Hey they have it all, guns most positions, experience out of this world and hate to say it probably one of the best ever up front but whoah, watch out for those counters of ours.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Still haven't felt anxious about this one. 

Playing the reigning European Champs and the team of the era when it comes to continental football. They'll be going for an outright win, as opposed to Mourinho-style football or trying to hack their way to victory. Just making the final, in LFC's first year back in competition, is a huge achievement. Winning would just be the cherry on top and it's totally doable. 

Ole ole ole...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Its a win win for us no doubt about it :).......

Dear LFC Supporters,

A friend of mine has 2 tickets for the CL Final.
They are bow seats,and include travel and hotel accommodation.
He didn't realise when he bought the tickets that this is the same day as his wedding, so he can't go.

If your interested and want to go instead of him :
Its at St James Church in Bootle at 3pm.
Her name is Susan.
She will be the one in the white dress.

Thankyou & You'll Never Walk Alone ! :)

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I had a dream a while back (maybe before the 5-0 result against Porto, definitely before LFC were drawn against City) that I was watching a 'Road To Kiev' highlights video a lot like this one:

And I also saw myself walking into the stadium for the final, surrounded by LFC flags and scarves. Had no idea who we were playing, just that it was the CL Final. After that, I never felt too concerned about the upcoming fixtures as I thought this dream was a good sign.

Last night I dreamt I was in a huge venue packed with LFC fans and we were busting out 'YNWA'. It was mighty.

Hopefully a good omen.

Fucking get in you Red men!

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well.........
I'm sure were all still hurting on the outcome but I just have to admire our boys getting there and putting in as much as they could.
Our backline was impressive - 19yr old TAA, what a bloody future for our scouser !
Andy Robertson, just wow, what a world class last ditch tackle on Ronaldo, you were watching a pen in the making and his technique was brilliant what a future at LB for us.
Lovren was bloody brilliant ! VVD his usual best what a difference he has made, worth every dollar and more.
Under the circumstances our midfield missed OX so much - Milly and Hendo worked their butts off but we lacked some penetration from there, Wijnaldum just couldn't get in to spark but he did his best.
Mane, a beast !
Bobby sadly just couldn't be as effective as usual with Mo out.
With Mo on we were worrying them greatly - you could sense it was coming but then we saw what occurred, bad luck.
They have a sub like Bale and the rest of the bench is another step up, we have no choice to play a under done Lallana that was not effective whereas Bale.......
In form and from the bench can't deny his helicopter, what a feat but after replays I kept thinking why did we leave him un contested but it is what it is.
No keeper would have got that.
The other 2 were gimme's what can you say.
Gutted for Karius but what a time to error, we all need this break to reflect re charge.
Keita in, Henry you better give the support now for Klopp more than ever to strengthen and finish off this squad, were ready to challenge them all now once the rest of pieces are in place through the summer.

Love Football

Stevie G
Stevie G
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

LFC. - 28 May 2018 1:12 PM
Well.........
I'm sure were all still hurting on the outcome but I just have to admire our boys getting there and putting in as much as they could.
Our backline was impressive - 19yr old TAA, what a bloody future for our scouser !
Andy Robertson, just wow, what a world class last ditch tackle on Ronaldo, you were watching a pen in the making and his technique was brilliant what a future at LB for us.
Lovren was bloody brilliant ! VVD his usual best what a difference he has made, worth every dollar and more.
Under the circumstances our midfield missed OX so much - Milly and Hendo worked their butts off but we lacked some penetration from there, Wijnaldum just couldn't get in to spark but he did his best.
Mane, a beast !
Bobby sadly just couldn't be as effective as usual with Mo out.
With Mo on we were worrying them greatly - you could sense it was coming but then we saw what occurred, bad luck.
They have a sub like Bale and the rest of the bench is another step up, we have no choice to play a under done Lallana that was not effective whereas Bale.......
In form and from the bench can't deny his helicopter, what a feat but after replays I kept thinking why did we leave him un contested but it is what it is.
No keeper would have got that.
The other 2 were gimme's what can you say.
Gutted for Karius but what a time to error, we all need this break to reflect re charge.
Keita in, Henry you better give the support now for Klopp more than ever to strengthen and finish off this squad, were ready to challenge them all now once the rest of pieces are in place through the summer.

Yeh agree with all of your comments. I watched the game at Cheers Bar in Sydney and it was a sombre mood at full time to say the least!

TAA and Roberston played out of their skin. Ronaldo was completely ineffective. Clearly Salah going off had a psychological impact for both sides but take out Bale's worldy and Karius' brainsnaps, I think we were the better side. Just gutted we couldn't take advantage of it. 

Will be a very interesting transfer window for us. Obviously Keita comes in but we lose Can so that's a like for like. Think we will need to bolster the midfield and can't see Klopp not going in search for a keeper now! Will be interesting to see how Karius bounces back from this. I'm hoping we stick with him (not 1st choice) as i still think he has talent.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Watched the game at the Star City Sports Bar. Crashed at a mates' place in North Sydney and then walked into town the following day. Crossing the bridge, I looked down and saw the hotel at The Rocks where the team stayed for their post-season friendly against SFC 12 months back. I remembered being out the front, hoping for a glimpse of Jurgen or the boys- and it made me think how far the club has come since then. If you told us this team would hold Real Madrid for all but the final 20 minutes of the next Champions League Final, would you have believed it?

I wouldn't day LFC deserved to win, but they could've won. I had a real feeling of "What if"

What if Ramos hadn't taken Mo down and he'd played the full match?

What if Karius played one more decent game between the sticks in this campaign, like we've come to expect of him?

What if Mane's second shot on goal had gone just a few more centimetres to the right?

TBF Real had more chances on goal, were given a narrow off-side call and had another shot rebound off the cross-bar. Plus a player of Bale's quality on the bench underlines the difference between the two sides.

It sucks that of the 5 Cup finals LFC have appeared in this decade, the only one we got the silverware in was the least important one of the lot- and against the weakest opposition. But I wouldn't say I'm devastated in the wash-up from Sunday morning. It's more a 'flat' feeling as I come to terms with the fact the ride is over and there's no more chapters in this campaign to look forward to. My biggest concern is that this isn't a false dawn because the last two times I felt like LFC was on the dawn of a new era of success, after falling short and pondering the "What if's" I was wrong...

After the 08/09 season (only lost 2 games all season but finished second after too many draws), I thought that squad under Rafa was destined to go one better in the PL and continue being a major chance in the CL. But instead the Hicks/ Gillette rubbish happened, Rafa left (as did Torres) and we got to enjoy Woy's tactical genius turning us into also-rans. Then after the "nearly" season of 13/14, Suarez left and BR's tactical naivety well and truly revealed itself, with the club falling on a downward spiral until Klopp was signed.

This time around LFC have locked in another shot at the Champions League next season and the squad only looks to get stronger. I really hope Sunday's Final wasn't the last time we enjoy getting to the CL Final for the next decade or so. Klopp has done better with this team every season he's been in charge so I'm hoping that (at last) there's sustained success and major trophies just around the corner...

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Fucking LOL at the Liverpool supporters making death threats at their keeper, YNWA right?

Also another fucking LOL at the petition for Ramos to be charged with assault. Salah wrapped his arm inside Ramos and was over-powered. Maybe if the idiot ate something before the game he might not have been so soft.....

I actually wanted Liverpool to win before I saw the reaction to them losing. Now I hope they never win anything again haha

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Jeeez BETHFC, I thought you had more between the ears than let your judgement be swayed on whatever via drivel from fanatics no matter who they support.
For eg, I was at the Spurs supporter end vsing chelski at WHL last season, the crap that comes out of those one eyes had me loling and then the level went to the beyond I couldn't believe it lol - but I wouldn't judge the club/brand/team over these type of idiots, I like your club and would never quote as you for I feel its just as similar behavior no ?
I have the feeling we already won something this season - were back, the world loved seeing our brand of football even though we still haven't got all the pieces to the puzzle in place but the foundation now is there.
Broke many CL records to the final....RM sure have the Cup and plenty about them media wise But there is also so much about us in the limelight good and bad, comes with the run of making the final.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Nice to see your posts Stevie G and CH post final.

Keita in and now Fabinho ! this is a good signing and great start, welcome.
Fekir next ?

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

LFC. - 29 May 2018 5:38 PM
Jeeez BETHFC, I thought you had more between the ears than let your judgement be swayed on whatever via drivel from fanatics no matter who they support.
For eg, I was at the Spurs supporter end vsing chelski at WHL last season, the crap that comes out of those one eyes had me loling and then the level went to the beyond I couldn't believe it lol - but I wouldn't judge the club/brand/team over these type of idiots, I like your club and would never quote as you for I feel its just as similar behavior no ?
I have the feeling we already won something this season - were back, the world loved seeing our brand of football even though we still haven't got all the pieces to the puzzle in place but the foundation now is there.
Broke many CL records to the final....RM sure have the Cup and plenty about them media wise But there is also so much about us in the limelight good and bad, comes with the run of making the final.

Dude 400,000 people have signed the petition against Ramos. 400,000!

I love seeing the gif's of Salah wrapping his arm under Ramos' and then seeing LFC supporters completely ignore it and carry on. Liverpool has a lot of supporters in Oz, even a lot of my mates are still carrying on about the ref, Ramos, Real, Karius. It's great tbh. 

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
BETHFC - 30 May 2018 9:46 AM
LFC. - 29 May 2018 5:38 PM

Dude 400,000 people have signed the petition against Ramos. 400,000!

I love seeing the gif's of Salah wrapping his arm under Ramos' and then seeing LFC supporters completely ignore it and carry on. Liverpool has a lot of supporters in Oz, even a lot of my mates are still carrying on about the ref, Ramos, Real, Karius. It's great tbh. 

I'm gonna guess 399,000 of them are Egyptian lol
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

haha yer ok.....without looking up the crap I find it funny reading about it.
jlm, like that song, walk like a Egyptian - now click like a Egyptian ! lol.....
Ramos is the typical CB everyone would want and what top team doesn't have one similar, beasts thats their craft just some do it worse or better than others, for me it is what it is, final whistle its game over and results stand for better or worse.
Its like the newy supporters over the GF here. 

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search