The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
paladisious - 13 Sep 2018 9:08 PM
A rather well done video of Kamsoba's highlights from last season with Melbourne Knights that deserves more than it's current 84 views: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cs88o

>Fast
>Left footed
>Scores goals
>Backflips
>Spiffy haircut

Sign him up!
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Anyone watch the full interview introducing Toivenen the other day (yesterday?), it was mentioned that since like 6 months ago we have started investing more in our recruitment department and that our current crop of international recruits are a result of this. Anyone know what that's all about? The reporter (was either Davutovic or Lynch) asked Muscat about it and it sounded as if it was old news to all involved 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sanchez - 14 Sep 2018 5:54 PM
Anyone watch the full interview introducing Toivenen the other day (yesterday?), it was mentioned that since like 6 months ago we have started investing more in our recruitment department and that our current crop of international recruits are a result of this. Anyone know what that's all about? The reporter (was either Davutovic or Lynch) asked Muscat about it and it sounded as if it was old news to all involved 

Hmm intresting.  Might of been trimmers asking for more help
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
:(

My professional football journey has come to an end. Playing for this amazing club has been a dream come true and I wouldn’t change it for the world.
I feel as if being here with you all for nine years has made me a more complete and well-rounded person.
Being part of a team has taught me skills that I can use in more than just professional football. My relationships on a personal level are in a great place, thanks to some of the things I've learned from many of you along my footballing journey.
I've come to realize that being a part of a team is a lot more than just sharing credit. A team effort takes compromise.
When you are on a team you have to at times lead, follow, and more often than not, meet in the middle.
If I could stay here forever I would, but sometimes life creates you a different path that you need to follow.
My wish for everyone here is that you all continue to experience success, to feel fulfilled in all you do, and to have nothing but great results with each game and season.
It's been a pleasure playing for Melbourne Victory and I will truly miss it. I take with me fond memories, friendships and gratitude.
Thank you to everyone who supported me along the way, coaches, team mates, medical staff, my family and friends and the fans! I will never forget the hot and cold day/ nights and long drives you all made to support me and my team and for that I will be forever great full.
Finally my team mates! I love you all so much and no one will ever understand the sacrifices we have made and keep making for the sport we love. I am so proud of you all and wish nothing but the best for you all and your footballing careers. I will be following your progress and cheering you on every game.

Melbourne Victory #17
Gulcan Koca

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn0QFPdn9MP/?taken-by=gulcankoca_

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Corey Brown's insta stories giving up some gold from the preseason camp up north right now.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Honda = legend: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9zxSsBRUe/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1b8b0mvcl5rpy
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

The guy is such a lad - he is fitting so well into Victory life
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Why does Insta not have video controls?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

walnuts
walnuts
Legend

Small snippet of all initiation songs - https://twitter.com/gomvfc/status/1042979228428447744
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

walnuts - 21 Sep 2018 2:05 PM
Small snippet of all initiation songs - https://twitter.com/gomvfc/status/1042979228428447744

Fucking Brown hahahahah

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

walnuts - 21 Sep 2018 12:38 PM

The guy is such a lad - he is fitting so well into Victory life

An japanese lad . Awesome 🤣🤣
arshavin23
arshavin23
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)

Check out King Kenny's insta if you want to see all the initiations in full.... Raul Bauena's my favourite, even incorporates a bitta dancing haha
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)

Brown ha ha....useless last year at Roar and when he did play made poor effort to get back when he had gone forward.
Kid showed so much promise but all went out the window. Good luck
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)Rising Star (977 reputation)

Roar were happy to offload him. Surprised Muscat took him, he normally only goes for Roars better players. You guys got Brown and Roar got Nigro, no prises for who came out on top there.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Jimo8 - 21 Sep 2018 6:26 PM
Roar were happy to offload him. Surprised Muscat took him, he normally only goes for Roars better players. You guys got Brown and Roar got Nigro, no prises for who came out on top there.

You never know.  A change of scenery can revitalise players.  Hello kruse
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I miss Rojas
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

jlm8695 - 26 Sep 2018 11:38 AM
I miss Rojas

Can we shave his head and call him Troisi?
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Victory signed Brown this time last year. It was an open secret he was going so I wouldn’t worry about last seasons form. Muscat just needs to motivate him.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

i never rated Brown as a player when he was at Brisbane, so I'm far from convinced about him being a good signing. but I was just happy at the time that we actually signed a fullback instead of trying to turn a midfielder into one. But if he doesn't produce the goods, I can see Deng taking his spot. Deng is too good to not be in our starting 11 for mine. 
Tbone
Tbone
Hacker
Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)

Just saw Honda doing laps of collingwoods Olympic Park ground by himself... good to see he is putting in the hours and training hard!
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star

If you want to be successful at pro football of course you gotta put in the yards. Especially as you get older. For me it's nothing special.
Football is about explosive short sprints and recovery, not jogging around the oval.
Anyway we'll see how he goes soon enough. Some say he's a bit too temperamental.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Jimo8 - 29 Sep 2018 10:56 PM
If you want to be successful at pro football of course you gotta put in the yards. Especially as you get older. For me it's nothing special. Football is about explosive short sprints and recovery, not jogging around the oval. Anyway we'll see how he goes soon enough. Some say he's a bit too temperamental.

I'd hazard a guess that Honda probably knows what he's doing when it comes to fitness
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

433 - 30 Sep 2018 1:05 AM
Jimo8 - 29 Sep 2018 10:56 PM

I'd hazard a guess that Honda probably knows what he's doing when it comes to fitness

This. Seems like jim08 is a a bot

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Just tweeted by the club; 2 August 2009, 3-3 PSV v VVV Venlo.

Two goals and an assist for Toivonen, a goal and an assist for Honda:

https://twitter.com/gomvfc/status/1046318652968980480

PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

paladisious - 30 Sep 2018 6:51 PM
Just tweeted by the club; 2 August 2009, 3-3 PSV v VVV Venlo.

Two goals and an assist for Toivonen, a goal and an assist for Honda:

https://twitter.com/gomvfc/status/1046318652968980480

Living in the past
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

So John Erin, the state's sport minister, just announced that state funds will go towards statues at AAMI Park for two Storm players: https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl/storm-legends-set-to-be-immortalised/cjmprjlrq004e0hrtv9mo721f

Where the fuck is Archie's?
Edited
6 Years Ago by paladisious
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

paladisious - 1 Oct 2018 4:19 PM
So John Erin, the state's sport minister, just announced that state funds will go towards statues at AAMI Park for two Storm players: https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl/storm-legends-set-to-be-immortalised/cjmprjlrq004e0hrtv9mo721f

Where the fuck is Archie's?

Totally understand why they are getting statues but archie should be there alongside. 
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

scubaroo - 1 Oct 2018 5:08 PM
paladisious - 1 Oct 2018 4:19 PM

Totally understand why they are getting statues but archie should be there alongside. 

Should be 2 Victory statues at AAMI. Archie and Super Kev.
Love him or hate him, no-one can deny the HUGE impact Super Kev has had on Victory, the A League, and football in this country.

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 1 Oct 2018 5:44 PM
scubaroo - 1 Oct 2018 5:08 PM

Should be 2 Victory statues at AAMI. Archie and Super Kev.
Love him or hate him, no-one can deny the HUGE impact Super Kev has had on Victory, the A League, and football in this country.

People who hate KM are just sooks.
I do not agree with all he does but I am so over people who dislike him because he put in a few strong tackles years ago.
That is what defenders are suppose to do. Get over it. If the striker can not handle it they should take up table tennis.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Iknowbest - 1 Oct 2018 6:17 PM
MarkfromCroydon - 1 Oct 2018 5:44 PM

People who hate KM are just sooks.
I do not agree with all he does but I am so over people who dislike him because he put in a few strong tackles years ago.
That is what defenders are suppose to do. Get over it. If the striker can not handle it they should take up table tennis.

> REEEEEEEEEs in 144p youtube video reposts of a tackle from nine years ago.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search