12.82% - 5 votes Ninkovic
12.82% 5 votes
10.26% - 4 votes Berisha
10.26% 4 votes
7.69% - 3 votes Carlos Hernandez
7.69% 3 votes
0% - 0 votes Isais
0% 0 votes
Member Votes: 39, Guest Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
"best"
"best at what" ?
He put other as an option.
I have provided an other that is the best. I put my criteria as to why Brox is best (in an overall sense when you take into account stuff like salary caps) to the question of "A league Best".
I did not just say "Brox" without explaining why.
Redkat asked for this in his first post.

I have not said Castro is not the best at a point in time. Or another player for that matter. 

My answer is correct. If you want to refine the topic to specific criteria that is ok. The criteria will change my answer.
But to the question asked I have provided the correct answer and why it is the correct answer.

Refine the criteria and you will get various different answers that change with the different criteria.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 12:39 PM
"best"
"best at what" ?
He put other as an option.
I have provided an other that is the best. I put my criteria as to why Brox is best (in an overall sense when you take into account stuff like salary caps) to the question of "A league Best".
I did not just say "Brox" without explaining why.
Redkat asked for this in his first post.

I have not said Castro is not the best at a point in time. Or another player for that matter. 

My answer is correct. If you want to refine the topic to specific criteria that is ok. The criteria will change my answer.
But to the question asked I have provided the correct answer and why it is the correct answer.

Refine the criteria and you will get various different answers that change with the different criteria.

You said Brox and proved Youdonotknowbest. 
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

vanlassen - 15 Feb 2019 1:32 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 12:39 PM

You said Brox and proved Youdonotknowbest. 

I stick with Brox for the reasons I pointed out.
It is correct given the question and the explanation.
(Other and specify where options - not sure why you are all having issues with my answer unless you know it is correct and just can bring yourself to say so).
If you do not think I know best then why would you still be disagreeing with me. You would just let it go as somebody who knows nothing. You have not chosen that path. So you obviously care that as the smartest person here you need to try to "correct" me.
If you want to say somebody and why go for it. If you make the criteria right your answer will possibly be right too.

Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 1:52 PM
vanlassen - 15 Feb 2019 1:32 PM

I stick with Brox for the reasons I pointed out.
It is correct given the question and the explanation.
(Other and specify where options - not sure why you are all having issues with my answer unless you know it is correct and just can bring yourself to say so).
If you do not think I know best then why would you still be disagreeing with me. You would just let it go as somebody who knows nothing. You have not chosen that path. So you obviously care that as the smartest person here you need to try to "correct" me.
If you want to say somebody and why go for it. If you make the criteria right your answer will possibly be right too.

Fuck me, are you still on here peddling your ridiculous shit about this.  Can you review this thread and observe that literally no one on here is agreeing with you, and just accept it.
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Keeper66 - 15 Feb 2019 3:47 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 1:52 PM

Fuck me, are you still on here peddling your ridiculous shit about this.  Can you review this thread and observe that literally no one on here is agreeing with you, and just accept it.

They all keep talking about the greatest player for a short period of time.
If there is a time frame in the question then I would not go with Brox.
I explained this right at the beginning.
The original post  is extremely opened ended.
I took the thread as it is stated.
I explained my criteria in my first response.
Alternative answers and why were encouraged in the first post.
Most other people have not put their criteria.
I have pointed out some very good reasons for my logic. Everybody else has just gone with a name and very little explaining why.
Castro has played some beautiful football. He has also contributed to Perth underachieving for the last few season with his approach to football.
I am pleased that this year he has taken it more seriously and you can see the results.
I take it as a compliment that you feel the need to address my post but try to do it with logic rather than a rant.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 3:59 PM
Keeper66 - 15 Feb 2019 3:47 PM

They all keep talking about the greatest player for a short period of time.
If there is a time frame in the question then I would not go with Brox.
I explained this right at the beginning.
The original post  is extremely opened ended.
I took the thread as it is stated.
I explained my criteria in my first response.
Alternative answers and why were encouraged in the first post.
Most other people have not put their criteria.
I have pointed out some very good reasons for my logic. Everybody else has just gone with a name and very little explaining why.
Castro has played some beautiful football. He has also contributed to Perth underachieving for the last few season with his approach to football.
I am pleased that this year he has taken it more seriously and you can see the results.
I take it as a compliment that you feel the need to address my post but try to do it with logic rather than a rant.

It's hard to use logic when you're so frustrating.

You constantly move the goal posts, one post you say these sort of debates are subjective (I agree) then in another arrogantly claim you are "correct" (despite NOBODY, not even Victory fans, agreeing with you). 

"Best at what"? You say in another post. Good question! 'A-League's best' is clearly an open invitation for debate and subjectivity, with different posters valuing different factors (success, contribution, talent etc) as higher or lower in importance.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 15 Feb 2019 5:00 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 3:59 PM

It's hard to use logic when you're so frustrating.

You constantly move the goal posts, one post you say these sort of debates are subjective (I agree) then in another arrogantly claim you are "correct" (despite NOBODY, not even Victory fans, agreeing with you). 

"Best at what"? You say in another post. Good question! 'A-League's best' is clearly an open invitation for debate and subjectivity, with different posters valuing different factors (success, contribution, talent etc) as higher or lower in importance.

I clearly stated my criteria of why I thought Brox was the A leagues best.
I have not moved my goal posts.
I have said that if there was a set criteria it would be somebody else.
I struggle to see how that is confusing.
Given the factors I stated and have not changed then Brox is the A leagues best.
You are welcome to have your own caveats.
Nobody has suggested somebody better than Brox for my criteria.

How am I being annoying?
I am only replying to people talking to me. I am not bumping the thread.

Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Iknowbest, the point you are continuing to miss here is that no one is interested in your criteria.
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Keeper66 - 15 Feb 2019 6:07 PM
Iknowbest, the point you are continuing to miss here is that no one is interested in your criteria.

So why then do they keep replying to it?
If you do not like my criteria then move on and leave it alone.

Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro

The replies are to tell you that we don’t agree with your criteria. But you seem not to understand that (or more likely deliberately ignore it).
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 6:17 PM
Keeper66 - 15 Feb 2019 6:07 PM

So why then do they keep replying to it?
If you do not like my criteria then move on and leave it alone.

If you just said "my own opinion" then we would of.

But no, you start by telling everybody they are "missing the point", then proceed to say "I am correct", insinuating that your comments are not opinion but a stated fact. In other words, "I am right and everybody else is wrong". 

And you don't see how that is frustrating? 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Great game tonight Broxham.
Thanks for proving yet again why you should be at the top of this thread.
Tonight, this time as a left back you win the pen and get in the commentators points.
Nobody will say you were the most attractive on ground.
But when you do this week in week out for over a decade for the price you cost then you are the A leagues best.

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 15 Feb 2019 9:17 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 6:17 PM

If you just said "my own opinion" then we would of.

But no, you start by telling everybody they are "missing the point", then proceed to say "I am correct", insinuating that your comments are not opinion but a stated fact. In other words, "I am right and everybody else is wrong". 

And you don't see how that is frustrating? 

It would only be frustrating if you felt inferior.
Every comment a person makes in their life is "in their opinion". The phrase is never required in life. If you find yourself using it you should check yourself and move on.
My reasons for putting Broxham are valid. I do not require your consent or approval. You are free to choose who ever you want. For me it is Broxham for the reasons I have stated and given that Iknowbest (a proven point) then I can state it like I have. I guess next year you will all have to combine and try and beat me in the tipping. One against many. Still think I will win.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 9:29 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 15 Feb 2019 9:17 PM

It would only be frustrating if you felt inferior.
Every comment a person makes in their life is "in their opinion". The phrase is never required in life. If you find yourself using it you should check yourself and move on.
My reasons for putting Broxham are valid. I do not require your consent or approval. You are free to choose who ever you want. For me it is Broxham for the reasons I have stated and given that Iknowbest (a proven point) then I can state it like I have. I guess next year you will all have to combine and try and beat me in the tipping. One against many. Still think I will win.

Well well well. As the A League's best player, obviously Leigh Broxham would improve Brisbane Roar in their finer years having him swap with Thomas Broich. Similarly, swapping him for Milos Nincovic would improve Sydney FC's performances immeasurably. I can see it now, Broxham out on the left wing for Brisbane, switching inside an MV defender who looks very like Leigh Broxham, he sends an exquisite cross to the far post where Bersart Berisha cranes his neck to get a magnificent header past the flailing MV Keeper for a great goal.

The A League's best, nah, a great servant to the game, absolutely!
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

NIKOLAI TOPOR-STANLEY

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

perthjay85
perthjay85
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

CASTRO! ! ! 
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

perthjay85 - 17 Feb 2019 12:41 AM
CASTRO! ! ! 

It is a shame his poor attitude in previous years held Perth back,
Good to see with his new approach the positive effect it has has on Perth.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Check out the DFS Mondays Podcast.
I think they address the Castro issue well. 
(Perhaps they could have mentioned his negative impact over previous years).

Bump this thread at the end of the season if Perth win and then Castro is a contender.

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 6:02 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 15 Feb 2019 5:00 PM

I clearly stated my criteria of why I thought Brox was the A leagues best.
I have not moved my goal posts.
I have said that if there was a set criteria it would be somebody else.
I struggle to see how that is confusing.
Given the factors I stated and have not changed then Brox is the A leagues best.
You are welcome to have your own caveats.
Nobody has suggested somebody better than Brox for my criteria.

How am I being annoying?
I am only replying to people talking to me. I am not bumping the thread.

Your criteria was trophies.

Other players have won more. Therefore Brox isn't the best by your own criteria lol.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

sub007 - 19 Feb 2019 2:00 PM
Iknowbest - 15 Feb 2019 6:02 PM

Your criteria was trophies.

Other players have won more. Therefore Brox isn't the best by your own criteria lol.

Looks as though he's changed his tune again. He just stated Castro could be contender for "best" provided Perth win the league this year (two trophies maximum compared to 9 for the original "best" in Broxham).

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search