The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Feed_The_Brox - 27 Feb 2019 3:11 PM
received mine weeks ago

:/

I'll call on the Monday if mine doesn't come through then I guess.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Don't think you'll have any trouble getting a walk-up ticket 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

433 - 27 Feb 2019 4:47 PM
Don't think you'll have any trouble getting a walk-up ticket 

True, but I'm sure I paid for the 3 game pass with my membership.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

I havent  bought the acl superpass the last two . I probably end up going to one game instead of all three. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Looking at the schedule including the break we get in the A-League for ACL followed by the March international window, Georg will only get the one game against Brisbane in a five-week period leading up to the two vital A-League matches against Perth and Sydney thanks to his suspension.

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

paladisious - 28 Feb 2019 12:27 PM
Looking at the schedule including the break we get in the A-League for ACL followed by the March international window, Georg will only get the one game against Brisbane in a five-week period leading up to the two vital A-League matches against Perth and Sydney thanks to his suspension.

Happy to go with a double DD (Donks and Deng) for rest of the year.
If they can stay on the park then they will do OK.
Just have to decide if Brox takes Brown or Roux position (probably a bit of both knowing Brox).

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

griff1
griff1
Amateur
Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)

I imagine Brown will play LB consistently, in either ACL or A-League for squad rotation, with Brox to fill in wherever needed match to match.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

I was hoping Brown would ride the pine.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Iknowbest - 28 Feb 2019 12:33 PM
paladisious - 28 Feb 2019 12:27 PM

Happy to go with a double DD (Donks and Deng) for rest of the year.
If they can stay on the park then they will do OK.
Just have to decide if Brox takes Brown or Roux position (probably a bit of both knowing Brox).

He has taken storms spot atm  . Weird considering it's Brown who has been meh
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 28 Feb 2019 4:35 PM
Iknowbest - 28 Feb 2019 12:33 PM

He has taken storms spot atm  . Weird considering it's Brown who has been meh

I think KM is still hopeful that CB might be able to get left foot crosses into OT.
CB has actually done some really good passes lately but is his good worth his bad?
Think we will see KM go with his preferred option on Tuesday.

Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Iknowbest - 28 Feb 2019 4:49 PM
I think KM is still hopeful that CB might be able to get left foot crosses into OT.
CB has actually done some really good passes lately but is his good worth his bad?
Think we will see KM go with his preferred option on Tuesday.

Broxy will start on Saturday and Tuesday due to the week off next week. but Brown will start the ACL games when we have to play 3 games in a week and Broxy will probably rotate with Roux. Our biggest concern will be if the double D's get into yellow card trouble. Then Brown, Roux and Broxy will have to play all games (unless they are also in yellow card trouble).  
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

As a branding thing i don't necessarily agree but most of the other a-league clubs tend to have a different kit for the ACL, I'm assuming we're not again?
I like to see new kits but can see why the club would want the continuity heading into Asia.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

scubaroo - 3 Mar 2019 3:06 PM
As a branding thing i don't necessarily agree but most of the other a-league clubs tend to have a different kit for the ACL, I'm assuming we're not again?
I like to see new kits but can see why the club would want the continuity heading into Asia.

Can see us use our other builder  sponsor  as the acl sponsor.  Mancini made . Which the company I work for make kitchens for . They really into mv 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

are you blokes expected to win tomorrow night? 
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Melbcityguy - 4 Mar 2019 11:14 AM

Depends almost entirely on Ola.
MV used up a lot of the salary cap to fit Ola in.
It was/is a great move when he plays but the sacrifice made to squeeze him in hurts when he does not play.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Iknowbest - 4 Mar 2019 11:38 AM

Depends almost entirely on Ola.
MV used up a lot of the salary cap to fit Ola in.
It was/is a great move when he plays but the sacrifice made to squeeze him in hurts when he does not play.

he has almost been as good as honda this season his touches and movement is something to watch 
Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

I'm expecting Victory to win. Ola was out sick, but we clearly rested him with an eye on this ACL match. Daegu have no continental experience.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Bocca - 4 Mar 2019 12:07 PM
I'm expecting Victory to win. Ola was out sick, but we clearly rested him with an eye on this ACL match. Daegu have no continental experience.

we have a crazy good home record and an equally crazy bad away record. expecting to win. and its very important to get off to a good start. 
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

azzaMVFC - 20 Feb 2019 2:14 PM
Seb Pasquali likely to come back to Aus to join Western Melbourne... heard it here first :)

Media now starting to report it.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

azzaMVFC - 4 Mar 2019 1:31 PM
azzaMVFC - 20 Feb 2019 2:14 PM

Media now starting to report it.

I hold you entirely responsible.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

paladisious - 4 Mar 2019 2:09 PM
azzaMVFC - 4 Mar 2019 1:31 PM

I hold you entirely responsible.

Yup, azza gave them the idea.

azza is a West United plant.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Birraz unfollowed City on insta and followed Victory which would imply that he’s signed for Victory.

I don’t get why they would have signed him unless Thomas is leaving. There’s no way that they’d both be competing for the same spot.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Maybe birra signed with wmg?
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Why would he follow Victory then?

I think Thomas has signed with a European or Asian club and Birraz is his replacement.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Some Asian gambling company is our ACL sponsor. 

Can't say I'm a massive fan. 

sub007
sub007
World Class

It’s against AFC regulations too.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

sub007 - 4 Mar 2019 7:09 PM
It’s against AFC regulations too.

It is but maybe just maybe mv and company said it's a gaming ie esports 🤣🤣
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Looks like chicken dinner is off to ccm next season.  
sub007
sub007
World Class

He’s probably paying them, not the other way round lol.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

sub007 - 4 Mar 2019 8:52 PM
He’s probably paying them, not the other way round lol.

I got a weird feeling he'll kill it with them. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search