The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
walnuts - 6 Mar 2019 8:35 AM
melbourne_terrace - 5 Mar 2019 8:03 PM

Bit rough - difficult for me living in Geelong to get to midweek fixtures but I'm there for every regular season game on the weekend. I'm a platinum member throughout the A-League season, so I'm definitely contributing a lot of cash to the club, so I'd feel pretty shitty if I was sent down the priority list for A-League finals because I wasn't able to attend midweek ACL fixtures.

I understand what you're saying, and definitely get the frustration, but there are a few more layers to it imo. One of the best ways to reward people is to play all of our games (including finals) at AAMI Park. This is a natural way to ensure that the people who invest time and money throughout the season get first access to the game, and then casual fans can get what's left. You'd have something like this for a priority list for tickets:

1) Full season members (13 games)
2) 5 game members
3) 3 game members
4) Non-matchday members (this includes country, interstate & international members)
5) General public

Once we start filling the stadium with majority of full season members, then we can start introducing incentives/points systems for those who attend the most matches (like they do in Europe).
Concur. I had to leave the game 10 mins early just to get back to Ballarat before midnight. I also get up at 5.30 every day, hence this being my first ACL game in years.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
No Deng or Donachie against Brisbane....

Here's hoping Tommy withdraws from the U23 squad after the knock he copped last night!
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

jlm8695 - 6 Mar 2019 9:54 AM

Here's hoping Tommy withdraws from the U23 squad after the knock he copped last night!

So it'll be a backline of:

Roux  - Broxham - Niedermeier - Brown

Thankfully it's just Brisbane...
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Once we start filling the stadium with majority of full season members, then we can start introducing incentives/points systems for those who attend the most matches (like they do in Europe).

are you able to explain how this points system works in europe? Victory has some serious issues filling AAMI Park when the full house sign is up. I think the club needs to look at alternate options to resolve this issue. We can't continue to accept 23,000 "sellouts." 
Solano
Solano
Fan
Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)

walnuts - 6 Mar 2019 9:56 AM

So it'll be a backline of:

Roux  - Broxham - Niedermeier - Brown

Thankfully it's just Brisbane...

At this rate, a state league team would fancy their chances against our defence :-)

The_Captain
The_Captain
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)

Even if he did isn't there a rule stating you can't play for you club during the time they'd have been in camp for?
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 6 Mar 2019 11:49 AM

are you able to explain how this points system works in europe? Victory has some serious issues filling AAMI Park when the full house sign is up. I think the club needs to look at alternate options to resolve this issue. We can't continue to accept 23,000 "sellouts." 

Club needs to promote our ticket exchange more. 50% of the sold ticket price isn't a bad return for a game you're unable to attend, but from people I've spoken to, not many people know about it. 

The main AAMI problem is corporate which is something out of the control of the club. 
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

jlm8695 - 6 Mar 2019 2:24 PM
Feed_The_Brox - 6 Mar 2019 11:49 AM

Club needs to promote our ticket exchange more. 50% of the sold ticket price isn't a bad return for a game you're unable to attend, but from people I've spoken to, not many people know about it. 

The main AAMI problem is corporate which is something out of the control of the club. 
Geez, I actually know about it but had forgotten all about it. I generally miss 2 to 3 games a season with weddings / bucks days / holidays etc. Need to get onto that, you're right it's handy enough for (presumably) a few clicks. Has anyone here used it before?

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

sanchez - 6 Mar 2019 3:10 PM
Geez, I actually know about it but had forgotten all about it. I generally miss 2 to 3 games a season with weddings / bucks days / holidays etc. Need to get onto that, you're right it's handy enough for (presumably) a few clicks. Has anyone here used it before?

The problem with the system is that it only really works when groups of people use it. For example, I have season seats next to 3 of my mates. All the seats next to us are also taken by members. If I can't make it to a game but the other 3 of my mates go, that is a single seat on it's own. It's not really worth the ticket exchange process as that seat would never get sold. It would be a rarity that someone wants to buy a single seat on their own. Typically, if I can't make it to a game, we ask around to see if anyone wants to go. Usually someone we know will put their hand up for the free ticket.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

sanchez - 6 Mar 2019 3:10 PM

Yeah, we have used it three times (2 seats) about 2 years ago and it sold once,  we got around $35 back for the 2 of us.  (Cat C seats)

Its true though,  no one knows about it.

It was also be good if they revamped the opt in/,opt out option for big games. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Solano - 6 Mar 2019 1:06 PM
walnuts - 6 Mar 2019 9:56 AM

At this rate, a state league team would fancy their chances against our defence :-)

I would fancy a crack @ Brown tbh.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 6 Mar 2019 10:40 PM
Solano - 6 Mar 2019 1:06 PM

I would fancy a crack @ Brown tbh.

-PB

So would I and I'm a fat delivery driver who last played football In high school 😂😂
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Kosta and his missus just announced on insta that they're expecting with one of those gender reveal balloon burst things.

Big congrats to them, and a selfish congrats to us Victory fans as it's a pretty good reason to be staying put.
Edited
5 Years Ago by paladisious
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

I'm not sure i agree with that, the club promoted the hell out of it a while ago but got little interest. There was one time I tried it, but as I am a Southender, I wasn't elligible (not sure why). We need to find alternative solutions for mine.   
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 7 Mar 2019 1:15 PM

I'm not sure i agree with that, the club promoted the hell out of it a while ago but got little interest. There was one time I tried it, but as I am a Southender, I wasn't elligible (not sure why). We need to find alternative solutions for mine.   

Isn't the south end all general admin? Ticket exchange is only for reserved seats.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Troisi plays football like he's constantly concerned by how he will look on the replay. 
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Not even joking, but Broxham offers us a LOT from CB and i'm more comfortable with him there then Donachie at the moment. 

His passing range from deep has improved out of site, the long ball he hits over the backline is actually threatening and adds a different threat to our game.

There were 2 last night that were successful (1 unfortunately offside) and 1 absolute pearler a week ago against Daegu at home.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

So is Thomas #gone? Musky wouldn't be drawn into an answer at the presser 

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

433 - 17 Mar 2019 1:08 PM

Has to be surely. 

I think Victory have already signed Birighitti to replace him. It would explain why he unfollowed City and followed Victory on Insta.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

jlm8695 - 17 Mar 2019 9:07 AM
Not even joking, but Broxham offers us a LOT from CB and i'm more comfortable with him there then Donachie at the moment. 

Broxy is having a career best season. Donks seems disinterested.

433 - 17 Mar 2019 1:08 PM

really? i haven't heard any rumour at all.  

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro

Feed_The_Brox - 18 Mar 2019 10:11 AM
jlm8695 - 17 Mar 2019 9:07 AM

Broxy is having a career best season. Donks seems disinterested.

The thing about Broxham is that he would have zero expectations about being a starting player (because he never really has been one), so he would never take his spot for granted. That means he knows he has to work harder than anyone else for a spot. This season he has been a solid performer because he has started nearly every game and played out 90mins on most occasions. Other players would be a bit lazy because they operate under the assumption that as long as they are fit their spot is secure.
I do wonder though, if we didn't have a salary cap would Broxham have had the opportunities he has received at MV. Probably not.
I do hope he takes on some sort of role at the club once he retires. You could probably even put him in the accounts department, and he'd just work it out and be fine.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

someguyjc - 18 Mar 2019 11:13 AM
I do wonder though, if we didn't have a salary cap would Broxham have had the opportunities he has received at MV. Probably not.
I do hope he takes on some sort of role at the club once he retires. You could probably even put him in the accounts department, and he'd just work it out and be fine.

he's the heart and soul of the club and deserves to benefit from the loyalty allowance more than anyone. and with triplets, he needs all the help he can get!! he will be aorund forever. Will surely get a token gig once his days are up. I'm sure he could teach the youth coming through about the importance of conditioning.  
BA81
BA81
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 18 Mar 2019 11:24 AM
he's the heart and soul of the club and deserves to benefit from the loyalty allowance more than anyone. and with triplets, he needs all the help he can get!! he will be aorund forever. Will surely get a token gig once his days are up. I'm sure he could teach the youth coming through about the importance of conditioning.  

Lemme guess, you were an AFL zombie before 2005?

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Hope Thomas is giving Europe a crack. He’s good enough imo.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Bowden - 18 Mar 2019 2:12 PM
Hope Thomas is giving Europe a crack. He’s good enough imo.

Apparently  mv recieved  a very good offer for  Thomas from Japan.  
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 18 Mar 2019 3:05 PM
Bowden - 18 Mar 2019 2:12 PM

Apparently  mv recieved  a very good offer for  Thomas from Japan.  

Fuck that

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

J.League would be a decent move too in terms of uplift in playing standard, just harder to move on from there vs going to Belgium, Eredivisie etc.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Bowden - 18 Mar 2019 9:11 PM
J.League would be a decent move too in terms of uplift in playing standard, just harder to move on from there vs going to Belgium, Eredivisie etc.

If hulk can get a move from Tokyo verdy to Porto then lt  could do it as well
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Bowden - 18 Mar 2019 9:11 PM

Plenty of players from Japan and Korea end up in Germany.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

The Germans love the Japanese players . Now the Japanese teams are looking at Thai players.  
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search