Western United Thread

Western United Thread

Author
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
someguyjc - 6 May 2019 3:04 PM
Melbcityguy - 6 May 2019 2:53 PM

Nope. They haven't even finalised their branding yet. With roughly 5 months before the start of the season, they really need to get a move on. My prediction is that they will make a few announcements the week after the grand final.

that sucks i might get a interstate membership or something to support them 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

sub007 - 6 May 2019 2:58 PM
He hinted at not coaching next year. I think he’ll get the Macarthur job after Milicic knocked it back.

that doesnt make sense. he quit wellington well before Milicic knocked back the Macarthur job. 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 6 May 2019 3:25 PM
sub007 - 6 May 2019 2:58 PM

that doesnt make sense. he quit wellington well before Milicic knocked back the Macarthur job. 

It does. Rudan wants to be with his family who are very settled in Sydney and won’t move. The Macarthur team doesn’t have a coach. Match made in heaven even if Macarthur didn’t get their first choice.

What doesn’t make sense is that people think he’ll take another job that is away from his family, especially when his family are very settled in Sydney and won’t move away.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sub007 - 6 May 2019 4:06 PM

It does. Rudan wants to be with his family who are very settled in Sydney and won’t move. The Macarthur team doesn’t have a coach. Match made in heaven even if Macarthur didn’t get their first choice.

What doesn’t make sense is that people think he’ll take another job that is away from his family, especially when his family are very settled in Sydney and won’t move away.

he should of stayed at wellington for another year they get kicked out of the comp sws join and he jump ships 
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Just because that was the reason given to the media, doesn't mean it is true.
Also, Melbourne and Sydney share the same time zone and is only a short 1.25 hour flight away. Whereas Wellington is 2 hours ahead of Sydney and takes 3.5 hours to fly there.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

did you even read what i said dude? Think through this logically and you will find your answer...  if Rudan quit Wellington before Milicic was offered (and rejected) the MSWS job, that would mean he already has a job lined up. and it aint MSWS.   
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

someguyjc - 6 May 2019 4:12 PM

Just because that was the reason given to the media, doesn't mean it is true.
Also, Melbourne and Sydney share the same time zone and is only a short 1.25 hour flight away. Whereas Wellington is 2 hours ahead of Sydney and takes 3.5 hours to fly there.

He said it himself in the press conference and if you watched it, it's obvious that it's the sole reason he's leaving.

sub007
sub007
World Class

Feed_The_Brox - 6 May 2019 4:25 PM

did you even read what i said dude? Think through this logically and you will find your answer...  if Rudan quit Wellington before Milicic was offered (and rejected) the MSWS job, that would mean he already has a job lined up. and it aint MSWS.   

Yes I did and I don't think he has a job lined up, simple as that.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

sub007 - 6 May 2019 4:32 PM
someguyjc - 6 May 2019 4:12 PM

He said it himself in the press conference and if you watched it, it's obvious that it's the sole reason he's leaving.

I did watch it, and like I said, just because someone says something to the media, doesn't mean it's entirely true. It may very well be part of the reason, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have another coaching gig within then next few months.
Hypothetically, let's say he had agreed to coach WUFC next season. He couldn't really come out and say "I'm leaving the Nix mid contract because WUFC offered me more money". He'd look like a massive prick.

RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

He said something in his departure press conference about it being easier for his family to move them elsewhere in Australia where things like schooling systems are more similar. Was very much making justifications for a move to Melbourne

ARNIE= LEGEND

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
someguyjc - 6 May 2019 4:47 PM

I did watch it, and like I said, just because someone says something to the media, doesn't mean it's entirely true. It may very well be part of the reason, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have another coaching gig within then next few months.
Hypothetically, let's say he had agreed to coach WUFC next season. He couldn't really come out and say "I'm leaving the Nix mid contract because WUFC offered me more money". He'd look like a massive prick.

To follow on, he never said that his family would stay in Sydney.

Wherever he ended up, his family would be under the same roof.

Rudan explained it was easier to move his family interstate in Australia than internationally, which ultimately counted against the Phoenix.

"We have a lot of friends in different cities. Let's say if it is Melbourne ... the schooling curriculum is the same, for football for the kids as well, all those things are different to how they are in New Zealand," he said.

"I'm a professional coach and whatever I do decide to go next, my family will be with me.

Edited
5 Years Ago by jlm8695
sub007
sub007
World Class

If that were the case, then why did Rudan say he tried to move his family over to Wellington on multiple occasions?

Also when he leaves why aren't Wellington receiving compensation? If he were to join WU, surely they would have to pay compensation?
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro

sub007 - 6 May 2019 4:52 PM

If that were the case, then why did Rudan say he tried to move his family over to Wellington on multiple occasions?

Also when he leaves why aren't Wellington receiving compensation? If he were to join WU, surely they would have to pay compensation?

Again, just because he said something to the media, doesn't mean it's the whole story. All coaches are notoriously coy with the media. They have been conditioned that way.

Compensation from who? Rudan? Not likely. There would be various exit clauses in his contract. Even if there was some sort of compensation, it would definitely not be publicly disclosed. There would be no way of us knowing anything about the contractual obligations of either party.
sub007
sub007
World Class

someguyjc - 6 May 2019 4:59 PM
sub007 - 6 May 2019 4:52 PM

Again, just because he said something to the media, doesn't mean it's the whole story. All coaches are notoriously coy with the media. They have been conditioned that way.

Compensation from who? Rudan? Not likely. There would be various exit clauses in his contract. Even if there was some sort of compensation, it would definitely not be publicly disclosed. There would be no way of us knowing anything about the contractual obligations of either party.

True but you could tell he was being genuine. 
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

Because of the cluster F**k in season 2017/18 with coaches  the #Wenix Group put in an 8 week out clause but to keep it even it had to work both ways.
So Rudan had an out when Family chose not come to The Best Little Capital in the world. Simple as that. No compo etc:  But Fu.ck the Carlsberg was great tonight!

Clear Contact There

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

sub007 - 6 May 2019 4:33 PM
Yes I did and I don't think he has a job lined up, simple as that.

if he didn't have a job lined up, he would not have activated the 8 week clause in his contract and accounced he was leaving so early. he would have bit his tongue and waited until the end of the season to give the Nix the best chance possible of competing. Their season went to shit after his resignation was made public. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

one thing this club has done well is their signings have been really good no deadwood so far i hope they get a better known marquee 
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

From facebook:

[Western United FC]
Stay tuned across our socials tomorrow. We're unveiling our new team identity. WUFC is uniting the West & tomorrow we'll show you how.

ARNIE= LEGEND

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

RedKat - 7 May 2019 2:44 PM
From facebook:

[Western United FC]
Stay tuned across our socials tomorrow. We're unveiling our new team identity. WUFC is uniting the West & tomorrow we'll show you how.

their supporters page is suggesting kit and crest. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 7 May 2019 1:42 PM
one thing this club has done well is their signings have been really good no deadwood so far i hope they get a better known marquee 

Pain is good???  They also signed a marquee in kone
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 7 May 2019 5:16 PM

Never heard of Kone but pain is ok Squadie
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

RedKat - 7 May 2019 2:44 PM
From facebook:

[Western United FC]

Can't wait. Maybe Shakespeare is somehow involved. 

The_Captain
The_Captain
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)

They can have two marquees. Next one would want to be a decent name. None of the players they’ve signed so far really stand out. Kone also their only foreigner so once they fill out the rest of those then we’ll have a decent gauge on them. Most of their current squad probably need some polish around to bring out the best in them.

sub007
sub007
World Class

Melbcityguy - 7 May 2019 6:49 PM

Never heard of Kone but pain is ok Squadie

Pain's much better than an "ok squaddie".
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

I see they signed goalkeeper Kurto. I really hope he's not going to be number one. Young Aussie keepers need the chance in goal as do many of the strikers. 
sub007
sub007
World Class

johnszasz - 8 May 2019 1:17 AM
I see they signed goalkeeper Kurto. I really hope he's not going to be number one. Young Aussie keepers need the chance in goal as do many of the strikers. 

They haven't yet. He was rumoured to be going there a while back but he is also rumoured to be going back to Europe.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

sub007 - 8 May 2019 1:29 AM
johnszasz - 8 May 2019 1:17 AM

They haven't yet. He was rumoured to be going there a while back but he is also rumoured to be going back to Europe.

Ah OK nothing official then yet. 
Catfield
Catfield
Weekender
Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)

This just showed up on the IP Australia website. Trademark Image
RedKat
RedKat
Pro

Surprised theyve got black as the predominant colour if thats the case

ARNIE= LEGEND

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I don't mind that logo tbh, nice and clean. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search