Academies that tour Asia

Academies that tour Asia

Author
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Yes, yes, of course.

The production line of superstars who eventually go on to become legendary district AA12 players remains strong.

This thread is living proof that the step up from EPL to Rydalmere is doable, under the guidance of the right coaching akadumy.

Bless all sockah shysters, spivs, dopes, deadbeats, and this wonderful thread.

All other posts apart from mine are pissers.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Aussiesrus - 20 Nov 2011 9:19 AM
Been very quiet here so I thought I would update the latest news from ASA. As posted before ASA not only tours Asia but also organises trials for top ASA students in the UK which is organised by our UK football guru Jim Petruzzi.

It would appear that UK football guru eventually concluded that there was no money in EPL sockah and has since rebranded himself as a rock star.

From this

To this

WhereTF are you, Aussiesrus? :)

Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Have been overseas a few times for football trials and training.
Have also seen that the number of boys going over to Europe off their own bat.

As far as I can see if its something you want to do the first consideration is to trial at Clubs that are achievable.

In 2016 we went to Raith Rovers one boy from South Melbourne got signed up and another boy from Heidelberg United was keenly sort by Raith, St Mirren and St Johnstone.
But they also had advantages, their parents and Grand parents were from the Perth region of Scotland so they had family support. They both had British Passports (though both were born in the UK). The boys played in full and official U20 Development League matches (As did some others) as trialists (Playing as a "trailist" is a great advantage in the UK allowing players to participate in official matches to ascertain their competitiveness).
Scotland is a great destination for Australians firstly its achievable, both these boys play U20 NPL and both have not been in the official FFV and FFA pathways.
Scotland is a mature Football Market with four Divisions comprising 42 Clubs mostly full time Professional with a small playing pool.
Scotland is an easier environment for Australian Footballers to adapt to culturally linguistically and legally.
Scotland is a "SCOUTED" market especially by English Clubs from EPL to Conference League.

Having been to Greece and Cyprus for many its a similar scenario if you're of Greek heritage.
Having also been to France this is an environment that would be very hard to break into.

This appeared recently;
http://www.3aw.com.au/news/melbourne-teenager-signs-to-italian-aleague-team-20170103-gtlm7e.html
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/teenager-snapped-up-to-play-with-genoa-cfc/news-story/5f4932e4d5635dc66994ed2e6bb60594

I don't know how this will work based on FIFA transfer regulations for minors unless the family moves over.

In the end if your an Aussie kid who wants to be a professional you need to get overseas, if not to play then to experience at least.
You have more chance playing professionally in Scotland that in Australia.

Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Arthur - 17 Jan 2017 9:58 AM

As far as I can see if its something you want to do the first consideration is to trial at Clubs that are achievable.

In 2016 we went to Raith Rovers one boy from South Melbourne got signed up and another boy from Heidelberg United was keenly sort by Raith, St Mirren and St Johnstone.
But they also had advantages, their parents and Grand parents were from the Perth region of Scotland so they had family support. They both had British Passports (though both were born in the UK). The boys played in full and official U20 Development League matches (As did some others) as trialists (Playing as a "trailist" is a great advantage in the UK allowing players to participate in official matches to ascertain their competitiveness).
Scotland is a great destination for Australians firstly its achievable, both these boys play U20 NPL and both have not been in the official FFV and FFA pathways.
Scotland is a mature Football Market with four Divisions comprising 42 Clubs mostly full time Professional with a small playing pool.
Scotland is an easier environment for Australian Footballers to adapt to culturally linguistically and legally.
Scotland is a "SCOUTED" market especially by English Clubs from EPL to Conference League.

Having been to Greece and Cyprus for many its a similar scenario if you're of Greek heritage.
Having also been to France this is an environment that would be very hard to break into.

This appeared recently;
http://www.3aw.com.au/news/melbourne-teenager-signs-to-italian-aleague-team-20170103-gtlm7e.html
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/teenager-snapped-up-to-play-with-genoa-cfc/news-story/5f4932e4d5635dc66994ed2e6bb60594

I don't know how this will work based on FIFA transfer regulations for minors unless the family moves over.

In the end if your an Aussie kid who wants to be a professional you need to get overseas, if not to play then to experience at least.

^ not sure how any of the above supposedly justifies the previous 14 pages of unadulterated (and now proven) bollox perpetuated by the spivs and dills but anyhow.....

I don't doubt for a second that the lower tiers of Scottish football could be seen as a fertile ground for insufficiently-talented aussie kids and their unrealistic parents to continue with their pro-footy fantasies.  

As for life experiences for sockah numpties. Fuck me dead up the arse, why would any sockah numpty want their sockah numpty kiddy to be holed up in a god forsaken shit-hole chasing peanuts at the direct expense of a post-school aussie education.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Good to see you're back Judy Free.
Always need a Grumpy Old Man around the place. Makes life interesting.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Just a short cameo, Arfur. Please do not mistake 'grumpiness' for realism. FWIW I don't think I could sleep at night if I gave false hope to strayan sockah yoof  at the direct expense of their financial future. Jobless and directionless at 30, due to very poor advice from two bob gumby daddies  who really should know better. I get pissed off all these useless know nothing  mummy and daddy knob jockeys in strayan sockah know SFA compared to me.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
GaryBoulder
GaryBoulder
Fan
Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)

Dickhead he may be, but at least Chips can spot a fraud unlike 95% of the numpties here.

It's a shame there are so many without his ability to talk big.

It's a shame people allow frauds to flourish.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

This appeared recently;

In a football sense Scotland seems better than the US college system for Australian players to grasp professional opportunities.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Brew - 21 Jan 2017 12:15 PM

In a football sense Scotland seems better than the US college system for Australian players to grasp professional opportunities.

Decentric, sending in the multis, lol.

Can't say I blame him given all his idiocy within this thread. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by Judy Free
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Judy Free - 21 Jan 2017 12:57 PM
Brew - 21 Jan 2017 12:15 PM

Decentric, sending in the multis, lol.

Can't say I blame him given all his idiocy within this thread. 

Good to see the renowned and well esteemed coach brew make a return to the forum, and bestow his profound insights on us mere mortals.

Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

localstar - 23 Jan 2017 10:01 AM

Good to see the renowned and well esteemed coach brew make a return to the forum, and bestow his profound insights on us mere mortals.

He's part of the aristocratic coaching milieu that resides inside decentric's head.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Judy Free
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

localstar - 23 Jan 2017 10:01 AM

As for multis add 'mango' to that list as well as 'footballking55'.  (As well as countless others.) The man has no shame.  

Check the feedback section for a bloke with 6 posts talking about threads that have been going on for ages.

'Deranged' to quote a KNVB guru.

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Arguably the best thread in FFT's history.

Zoltan
Zoltan
Hacker
Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)

Judy Free - 10 Jun 2019 9:13 PM
Arguably the best thread in FFT's history.

Nice bump - Little bit too enamoured by your own work?
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Zoltan - 12 Jun 2019 11:29 AM
Judy Free - 10 Jun 2019 9:13 PM

Nice bump - Little bit too enamoured by your own work?

Possibly.

But being enamoured to the point of posting about the abilities of your own kid is a stretch too far.

Fingers crossed he doesn't let your ego down. 
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Judy Free - 18 Jan 2017 3:28 PM
Just a short cameo, Arfur. Please do not mistake 'grumpiness' for realism. FWIW I don't think I could sleep at night if I gave false hope to strayan sockah yoof  at the direct expense of their financial future. Jobless and directionless at 30, due to very poor advice from two bob gumby daddies  who really should know better. I get pissed off all these useless know nothing  mummy and daddy knob jockeys in strayan sockah know SFA compared to me.

That last sentence is not mine.

Decentric, on the job, during his 10 minutes of moderator fame.

Still my fav thread tho’.

3 years tops
3 years tops
Weekender
Weekender (34 reputation)Weekender (34 reputation)Weekender (34 reputation)Weekender (34 reputation)Weekender (34 reputation)Weekender (34 reputation)Weekender (34 reputation)Weekender (34 reputation)Weekender (34 reputation)Weekender (34 reputation)Weekender (34 reputation)

Guess none will be this year
 :D

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search