Australian Football TV Ratings Season 2018-19

Australian Football TV Ratings Season 2018-19

Author
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
its frustrating that the streaming data release by kayo doesn't include the HAL. seems to be more recent data only. hopefully they continue to release this going forward. 

bettega - 4 Sep 2019 8:08 AM

I'm just starting to understand that if TEN gets the two games per week, it involves an outlay of cash to Fox, NOT to the FFA.  The FFA get zero, and when they say they are involved in negotiations, well, they are a bit like an innocent bystander.  The ball is entirely in Fox's court, and they are trying to offset a bit of what they paid for the rights, maybe looking for $10 mill per annum, or something similar, and TEN are obviously wanting the product for next to nothing,

whatever is agreed to would surely have to be ratified by the FFA or new independent HAL? we don't wanna see a repeat of what happned on ch 10 over the last 2 years

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 4 Sep 2019 10:02 AM
its frustrating that the streaming data release by kayo doesn't include the HAL. seems to be more recent data only. hopefully they continue to release this going forward. 

bettega - 4 Sep 2019 8:08 AM

whatever is agreed to would surely have to be ratified by the FFA or new independent HAL? we don't wanna see a repeat of what happned on ch 10 over the last 2 years

That's a good point, but one wonders what say the FFA has in it.  Looks like Fox holds all the cards and makes the final decision on it.  Fox's only interest appear to be getting some of its money back.  The FFA can't just tell Fox to do it.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

as i said in the other thread i can't believe i have heard nothing about the basketball world cup. how many people watched last night? 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Melbcityguy - 12 Sep 2019 7:02 AM
as i said in the other thread i can't believe i have heard nothing about the basketball world cup. how many people watched last night? 

I was at the Australia v Czech match, I don't know anything about basketball but if we can get past Spain in the semi we may well find ourselves world champions.

Unfortunately I'm just working in Shanghai and my last match is a classification match tomorrow, but I will watch the Aussies from home.

The Australian team has players at the highest level of the sport, despite its modest resources at home. Can we learn something from them? Perhaps, but not if we stick solely to the AFL and NRL model.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

paladisious - 12 Sep 2019 7:24 AM
Melbcityguy - 12 Sep 2019 7:02 AM

I was at the Australia v Czech match, I don't know anything about basketball but if we can get past Spain in the semi we may well find ourselves world champions.

Unfortunately I'm just working in Shanghai and my last match is a classification match tomorrow, but I will watch the Aussies from home.

The Australian team has players at the highest level of the sport, despite its modest resources at home. Can we learn something from them? Perhaps, but not if we stick solely to the AFL and NRL model.

Definitely things to learn from the NBL. The top tier for both sports are not in Australia. Yes, the NBL has problems but they must be doing a few things right and you can also learn from their mistakes.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Burztur - 12 Sep 2019 8:43 AM
paladisious - 12 Sep 2019 7:24 AM

Definitely things to learn from the NBL. The top tier for both sports are not in Australia. Yes, the NBL has problems but they must be doing a few things right and you can also learn from their mistakes.

Football and basketball are two of the biggest beneficiaries of the shift of youth away from high contact sports such as Australian Rules and Rugby (both League and Union). They also both have a glittering overseas competition that provides a pathway for our best and brightest. There is also a strong international aspect to the game (although football is stronger at the moment, with basketball struggling to attract the truly elite players away from the NBA - but I feel that will change over time). Finally, and this one is probably a bit left field, but both also have very successful video game franchises (FIFA/PES and NBA 2K) which help to expose the younger generations to the elite levels of the game via their consoles - something which Aussie Rules and Rugby can't compete with.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search