Official AUFC Thread

Official AUFC Thread

Author
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
It seems there is no thread dedicated to AUFC - at least that I can find - so I have decided we need to start one.

Please feel free to comment on the team, matches, who we should be looking to sign, who we should let go etc etc.

Other supporters please feel free to post - I know you will anyway - but try and make it constructive.

As for AUFC fans - don't get into stupid name calling arguments, if we get a post that is just trolling ignore it.

And with that load of drivel off my chest lets get into it!

Edited for obvious reasons.

Edited by general ashnak: 25/4/2014 04:30:53 PM

Edited by pv4: 2/5/2016 12:40:44 PM

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

Edited
3 Years Ago by General Ashnak
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

It seems we are going to lose Salley at the end of his contract and I cannot blame him as he is getting basically zero game time. I for one am unhappy with this, not that he is looking for greener pastures - but that he feels he has no choice. Viddie has stamped his mark on AUFC and is definately trying to shape the club and players into a mould that he feels will work best, and given the results he has achieved I don't want to stop him. But I would like Salley to be apart of that vision.

There has been reports that Spagnuolo will be anouncing which team he is signing up for next year at the end of the CWC, FNQ is who I last heard.

Anyone know if someone, anyone? is after Sarkies? He could do well in a different team - especially one where he does not try and take free kicks and just gets on with his game.

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.

GazGoldCoast
GazGoldCoast
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

Did you see this story today?
Quote:
Gyawe Jonas Salley wants out of Adelaide united

By Val Migliaccio
December 17, 2008

DISHEARTENED Gyawe Jonas Salley wants out.

Salley said he's had enough of Adelaide United once his contract expires at the end of the season.

He was adamant that his time was up after winning a two-year Reds deal in 2007.

Red's hardman Salley hasn't featured in any of the Reds two FIFA Club World Cup matches in Japan.

And he's highly unlikely to play in the fifth place Club World Cup play off against Egypt's Al Ahly at Yokohama Stadium.

Salley started his last match on October 31 in a 2-3 loss to Melbourne Victory at Hindmarsh Stadium.

He has seen just 56 minutes out of a possible six matches of game time.

"For me I need to move on," Salley said.

"I've already made up my mind. I don't know what's going on.

"I was looking forward to playing here but it doesn't look like it's going to happen and that's the way it is."

Salley said he doesn't know the reason why he has fallen out of favour.

"I haven't spoken to anyone about it," he said.

"For me it's not the best way, if you're not going to use someone tell him why he's not playing.

"I'm here just training, training, I don't know what I'm here for."

The Ivorian-born defensive midfielder became an Australian citizen this year.

But he was cruelly dumped from Adelaide's knockout AFC Champions League campaign after FIFA had changed its new citizenship eligibility rules this year.

Salley played as an import during Adelaide's Champions League group stage earlier this year.

But he was wrongly deemed to be eligible by football authorities for the knock out stage after taking out Australian citizenship.

But the AFC rejected Salley for the Champions League as a local player because he needed to live in Australia for five years before becoming a local according to FIFA.

He missed the cut by 18 months.

The paperwork bungle perhaps signalled the demise of Salley.

He was a regular feature of coach Aurelio Vidmar's starting XI until the second stage of the Asian campaign.

Salley is set to be the eighth player to leave the club either willingly or reluctantly at the end of the season.

He will join departing Reds Jason Spagnuolo, who agreed to terms for North Queensland's after requesting an early release, and Angelo Costanzo a target of Newcastle Jets.

There is also uncertainty on whether United will retain pending out of contract players Mike Valkanis, Daniel Beltrame, Isyan Erdogan, Paul Agostino and Diego.

But Adelaide's Robert Cornthwaite and Fabian Barbiero are due to win fresh contracts before their terms expire next year.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24810964-5000940,00.html?from=public_rss

Plenty to discuss right there!!!
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend

I don't usually go to fox sports I must say, but I knew most of what was in the article.

As for Agostino - he can get cut as far as I and I reckon every AUFC supporter is concerned.

Beltrame is a long term injury so I doubt they will re-sign him.

And I better get some work done this morning! Will be back at lunch time, one of the guys I work with is quite involved with the Raiders and played with Malik's older brother and has seen a fair bit of Malik as well.

GazGoldCoast
GazGoldCoast
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

General Ashnak wrote:
I don't usually go to fox sports I must say, but I knew most of what was in the article.

Well, I don't go for FAUX much either but it was linked from the HAL site (and the original story was from The Advertiser, which as you know is also Murdoch trash)... *sigh*

Anyway, 8 players leaving is a fair bit of turnover, a pity Salley didn't have a word to the club before he went public, might say something about the back room culture? I'm wondering if the successful Reds 08/09 team will implode next year, like the Jets did this year, and SFC before them... ?
Ted Jefferys
Ted Jefferys
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

We'll be ok because of Adelaide's fantastic scouting skills. Salley isn't too much of a loss but it would be nice to keep him. Erdogan, Valkanis and Beltrame can go if they feel and so can Costanzo. He's the most over rated player in the A-League (after Reinaldo). Fyfe and Mullen will be in there next year so we'll be fine.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

You would have thought that the Adelaide players in question be transferred or leave to other OS clubs, after their exposure to the Asian market.
We got plenty of room. C'mon Salley, C'mon Costanzo, not you Sarkies =;
So A-League clubs have 3 representatives on this website in terms supporter threads.

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend

Can't really call yourself the definative website for football in Australia without team threads can you?

I think that the Jets could really do with Salley & Costanzo for the ACL next year, both have experience and were definately useful cogs in AUFCs road through the qualifying process. Shipping goals is definately not the way to go in the ACL.

MidfieldMaestro
MidfieldMaestro
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

I think if the jets management had half a brain, Ange Costanzo and Salley would be good for the ACL. Perhaps along with these two they could loan out some of the a-league's best for the campaign?

I wouldn't mind seeing Spagnoooooooolo here too.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

We were thiiiiiiissss close to signing Spags but NQF got him first. :evil:

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

pippinu
pippinu
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
An AU supporters' thread??!!

C'mon guys, we've got enought threads to worry about without anything superfluous being added.

Besides, I thought these supporters' threads were reserved for teams that had actually won the championship?
MidfieldMaestro
MidfieldMaestro
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

pippinu wrote:
An AU supporters' thread??!!

C'mon guys, we've got enought threads to worry about without anything superfluous being added.

Besides, I thought these supporters' threads were reserved for teams that had actually won the championship?

Ohhhhh!!!!!!:lol:I'm in no situation to be laughing at other teams, so I wont. Bit harsh there Pip I think! I reckon this year will be an AU vs MV GF, so who knows, Adelaide are in good shape ATM.

Torak
Torak
Amateur
Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)

Was just reading the AUFC reds forum, and i cant beleive the amount of negativity there is on there surronding Viddie. Eventhough we are top, got to the ACL GF, performed admireably in the CWC match vs Gamba.

I think its a bit harsh, what do others think of him.
a1118868
a1118868
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

It seems as if our squad is going to have some serious upheaval this off season. I will keep this post updated with any news. If you have any different opinions, or have any official/reported news that I have missed, post it below:

Goalkeepers
1. Daniel Beltrame - injured for the season. Hard to see him being offered another contract.
Almost certainly gone

20. Eugene Galekovic - linked to Japan.
More likely than not to stay

30. Mark Birighitti - progressing nicely.
Staying

Defenders
2. Robert Cornthwaite - linked to a couple of Championship clubs, apparently being offered a new contract.

4. Angelo Costanzo - the finals series will be a farewell to our own Divine Ponytail.
Gone - confirmed

5. Michael Valkanis - taking a full time coach's role at the club.
Retiring at season's end - confirmed

14. Scott Jamieson - linked to Japan. Don't really see him leaving United except for Europe. Think we'll get 1 more out of him.

16. Daniel Mullen - no rumours. Expect a big one from him next season.
Staying

17. Isyan Erdogan - the forgotten man. Needed a big season to earn a new contract.
Gone

19. Sasa Ognenovski - Off to Macedonia via Korea. Got a great season out of the big man.
Signing for Seongnam at season`s end - confirmed

Midfielders
3. Alemao - an enigma. You'd think he'd be around next season.
Probably staying

6. Cassio - has signed a new contract, despite being linked abroad.
Probably staying

7. Lucas Pantelis - has had a rough season on and off the pitch. Will be given a chance to make amends.
Staying

8. Kristian Sarkies - diabolical, but contracted. Unfortunately.
Almost certainly staying

13. Travis Dodd - has said he will go for the right offer. It would make all that badge kissing look a bit shallow.

15. Jonas Salley - Possible destinations reportedly include Gold Coast and China.
Gone - confirmed

18. Fabien Barbiero - seems certain to stay.
Staying

21. Jason Spagnuolo - all the best at the Fury Spags.
Signing for North Qld at season's end - confirmed

22. Diego - hopefully he can rediscover his best across the ditch. One of the best in the league when fit.
Signing for Wellington at season`s end - confirmed

24. Paul Reid - imagine if Perth had signed this bloke...
Staying

Forwards
9. Paul Agostino - has called it a day.
Retiring at season's end - confirmed

10. Cristiano - no rumours around this guy.
Almost certainly staying

25. Robert Younis - hard to see him ever getting opportunities while we play one up front. Contracted for another season though.
Staying

Potential signings
Iain Fyfe
Done deal

Osama Malik, Michael Marrone - will surely get call ups.
Almost certainly promoted to seniors

Ante Covic - apparently likely to sign if Eugene leaves, Nik Mrdja
Unsubstantiated rumour

Carlos Hernandez - negotiations with his Costa Rican club may be a stumbling block, even if he can be convinced to trade blue for red.
Unlikely

Edited by a1118868: 31/1/2009 08:47:01
Rumourinho
Rumourinho
Weekender
Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)

Torak wrote:
Was just reading the AUFC reds forum, and i cant beleive the amount of negativity there is on there surronding Viddie. Eventhough we are top, got to the ACL GF, performed admireably in the CWC match vs Gamba.

As a regular on said forum, i couldn't agree more. The negativity towards Viddie is terrible.

In my opinion Viddie has done a stand out job. Sure his tactics and substitutions are questionable at times, but lets face no one agrees 100% of the time.

Salley is a whinning prat who has an over inflated belief in himself. The guy can tackle sure - but he has a penchant for picking up cards because of it. His first touch is worse than Cristiano's (which is woeful) and the guy can not place a 5 metre pass (which is essential to be an effective DM). With Reid & Barbs we have two very effective central midfielders. Salley was going anyway so we could try and find a better back up CM.

I also expect Diego to go as we search for another foreign striker.

Also a111

Sarkies is staying. He has 1 more year on his contract. No doubts there. Who else would want him.

Younis is staying. He has 1 more year on his contract.

From my understanding Covic is holding of Newcastle contract negotiations while he waits to see if Eugene goes to Japan as he is heavily rumoured to be doing (but i can't confirm). If Eugene goes, strong chance Covic comes.

Edited by rumourinho: 18/12/2008 09:04:55 AM
Jessesdad
Jessesdad
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

About time we had this thread. Good stuff. If A(verylargenumber) is right (and of course he usually is) then next year is already looking ok. With a couple of good pick-ups we might be even better. But if we lose Dodd and Eugene then we could be in trouble. Need another quick striker - or rather - another stiker who's quick. Whatever happens this has been a great year for the reds. Why the Reds forum bags Viddie I can't understand - but that's the nature of forums.

As for Pip, threads like this are reserved for teams who have won in the last few weeks.:)
a1118868
a1118868
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

jessesdad wrote:
If A(verylargenumber) is right (and of course he usually is)

I am...? :shock:

Rumourinho - good stuff. My post is basically guesswork - I don't know anything you guys don't (unless you don't read the Advertiser), so keep any inside info or whatnot coming and I'll keep editing the post to keep it up to date. Also I don't know how long any guys have left on their contracts, so if I've said a guy is likely to leave who is still under contract or something, let me know.

The players we'll be losing, although a large number, seem mostly to be fringe players. Losing Diego (as it seems we will) will hurt. It's only if guys like Eugene, Big O and Dodd take off that the squad might look a bit thin.

I see our biggest challenge in the off season as maintaining our strength in depth - because we will be losing a lot of our depth players.
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I can see where a1118868 is comming from, why is it that once a good thing gets broken up, ego and money what a combination.
UnitedGal
UnitedGal
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Rumourinho wrote:
Torak wrote:

As a regular on said forum, i couldn't agree more. The negativity towards Viddie is terrible.

In my opinion Viddie has done a stand out job. Sure his tactics and substitutions are questionable at times, but lets face no one agrees 100% of the time.

THANK YOU!!!

I really get embarresd but how our supporter carry on like this re Viddie

as for Tatics/subs, well for one no coach will get it 100% right 100% of the time and team wont be able to beat opponents 6-1 all the time either - sport doesnt happen that way

and secondly getting that right all comes from experiance - the guy is a second year coach FFS and look what we have achieved under so far has been remarkable

I dont know [shurg shoulders]
Laughingman
Laughingman
Hacker
Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)

Viddie leaving for a bigger club would be much more detrimental to AU than loosing a couple of "stars". Hopefully we can hold onto him for a few years to come, tho I wouldn't hold it against him if he went abroad to gain experience and acclaim in three or more years time.
Jessesdad
Jessesdad
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

a1118868 wrote:
jessesdad wrote:
If A(verylargenumber) is right (and of course he usually is)

I am...? :shock:

Aren't you? Next you'll tell me there's no Santa. (Please don't)
Actually I do usually agree with your posts....
Jessesdad
Jessesdad
Pro

UnitedGal wrote:
Rumourinho wrote:
Torak wrote:

THANK YOU!!!

I really get embarresd but how our supporter carry on like this re Viddie

as for Tatics/subs, well for one no coach will get it 100% right 100% of the time and team wont be able to beat opponents 6-1 all the time either - sport doesnt happen that way

and secondly getting that right all comes from experiance - the guy is a second year coach FFS and look what we have achieved under so far has been remarkable

I dont know [shurg shoulders]

+1
a1118868
a1118868
Semi-Pro

Well I sure think I am... I didn't know anyone else thought so though!

And as for Santa - who else would drink the beer you leave out on Christmas Eve... undeniable proof of his existence!
UnitedGal
UnitedGal
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Laughingman wrote:
Viddie leaving for a bigger club would be much more detrimental to AU than loosing a couple of "stars". Hopefully we can hold onto him for a few years to come, tho I wouldn't hold it against him if he went abroad to gain experience and acclaim in three or more years time.

he's signed for 3 years no and according to him one of the reasons is he doesnt think hes ready yet for going oversease

its only a matter of time though
Ted Jefferys
Ted Jefferys
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Wooo! Another $700,000.

Where do you think we should look for a new marquee. Assuming we dump Agostino.

Asia? Europe? Brazil? Even steal someone from another A-League team?
Laughingman
Laughingman
Hacker
Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)

Ted Jefferys wrote:
Wooo! Another $700,000.

Where do you think we should look for a new marquee. Assuming we dump Agostino.

Asia? Europe? Brazil? Even steal someone from another A-League team?

Get the last laugh over gamba and pinch endo or lucas :twisted:.

Getting an Asian marquee would be great tho, especially with new ACL rules allowing an extra foreign player if they are from Asia.
Rumourinho
Rumourinho
Weekender
Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)Weekender (39 reputation)

Ted Jefferys wrote:
Wooo! Another $700,000.
Yeah. Woo... We might actually break even and could possible squeak a minute profit from this sojurn. Its certainly not going to be 'extra' money to spend on a 'marquee'.
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend

We are never going to get Endo, he is on the millions not hundred thousands of dollars. We could try and lure him for a 6 week quest stint through the finals... =p~

I am very interested in AUFCs NYL players, does anyone know much about them? I know that Malik has been playing forever and was part of the Raiders - but what about the rest of them?

Also not having been able to see a single NYL match due to the fact they play at bad times for me to go and it isn't televised I only have hearsay to go by. Has anyone seen a few of the matches?

Edited by General Ashnak: 19/12/2008 12:47:09 PM

UnitedGal
UnitedGal
Semi-Pro

id give my right arm for Endo

some asian teams are looking at Jammo and Euguene and Urawa want Sash from what ive heard - we could ask for less transfer money and they repay us with the same in kind

then there are the aussies are in lower leauges (just like Jammo and Reid) oversease or fringe socceroos looking for a home

We are partnered atmo with Kashima - they are back to back j leauge champs after all

failing that I propose we make Dodd the marquee - wed be lost without him on the pitch half the time

oh and another thing - hopefully we could sare Fred as well

Edited by unitedgal: 19/12/2008 08:08:57 PM
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

Quote:
We could try and lure him for a 6 week quest stint through the finals

Getting Endo even on a guest stint would be incredible, he can show a few of the players first hand how to properly play the No. 10 role.

Quote:
some asian teams are looking at Jammo and Euguene and Urawa want Sash from what ive heard - we could ask for less transfer money and they repay us with the same in kind

IMO Japan will be the least of your worries about losing Jamieson, many European are going to be interested. I don't think Eugene will be a big loss TBH, he's in form but Australia's got a large talent pool of GK's locally and overseas. Sash would be big a loss but if Adelaide recruit smart they should fill the void.

Quote:
failing that I propose we make Dodd the marquee - wed be lost without him on the pitch half the time

Same can be said about Cassio.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search