Sri Lanka and Pakistan in Australia 2019/20

Sri Lanka and Pakistan in Australia 2019/20

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ThingyBob - 15 Nov 2019 6:20 PM
baggygreenmania - 15 Nov 2019 10:18 AM

So apparently they agreed with you on one:

Jake Carder
Jayden Goodwin
Matthew Spoors
Jonathan Merlo
Jake Doran (wk/c)
Bradley Hope
Daniel Drew
Tom O’Connell
Mitchell Perry
Tim Oakley
David Grant
Lloyd Pope. 

Are you having a loan Bobbie:P  I knew most of my picks were no chance as they had just finished four days of shield cricket. That list tho wud make a fairly talented team. The 'jinja ninja' Pope continues to impress. btw this tour match is only two days.. not three or four as has been reported.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 16 Nov 2019 10:03 AM
ThingyBob - 15 Nov 2019 6:20 PM

Are you having a loan Bobbie:P  I knew most of my picks were no chance as they had just finished four days of shield cricket. That list tho wud make a fairly talented team. The 'jinja ninja' Pope continues to impress. btw this tour match is only two days.. not three or four as has been reported.

Haha nah, I thought that was a pretty good list too. I had no clue who they would have picked. So we have just got back from the waca. 40 degrees and outfielders receiving wet towels to their necks. Tell you what, the teenager Musa was getting a few to rear up sharply and hit Spoors and Merlo in the grill. Beat the bat plenty of times. Looked impressive. The two young batters were using their feet very nicely to spin before lunch but looked a bit tied down after the break.

The WACA crew hospitable as always. They put the misters on in Langer’s Loft, even though we were the only ones in there apart from a couple of staff. The ground crew brought out stumps and put them on the hill for us when we playing a family match (the sun doesn’t deter my 8yo!). Shaheen Afridi threw the ball back to my kids when it rolled onto the field and one of the Pakistan coaches stopped to play catch with them during the start of the lunch break. Such a lovely atmosphere 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

ThingyBob - 16 Nov 2019 6:15 PM
baggygreenmania - 16 Nov 2019 10:03 AM

Haha nah, I thought that was a pretty good list too. I had no clue who they would have picked. So we have just got back from the waca. 40 degrees and outfielders receiving wet towels to their necks. Tell you what, the teenager Musa was getting a few to rear up sharply and hit Spoors and Merlo in the grill. Beat the bat plenty of times. Looked impressive. The two young batters were using their feet very nicely to spin before lunch but looked a bit tied down after the break.

The WACA crew hospitable as always. They put the misters on in Langer’s Loft, even though we were the only ones in there apart from a couple of staff. The ground crew brought out stumps and put them on the hill for us when we playing a family match (the sun doesn’t deter my 8yo!). Shaheen Afridi threw the ball back to my kids when it rolled onto the field and one of the Pakistan coaches stopped to play catch with them during the start of the lunch break. Such a lovely atmosphere 
Lucky you. Not even live streamed on the net.
Young bats using feet to spin sounds very encouraging.
Sounds as tho you had a cool day with the kids.. even tho it was a sweltering 40. Langers Loft.. please explain. You mean mist as in water spray.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 16 Nov 2019 8:08 PM
ThingyBob - 16 Nov 2019 6:15 PM
Lucky you. Not even live streamed on the net.
Young bats using feet to spin sounds very encouraging.
Sounds as tho you had a cool day with the kids.. even tho it was a sweltering 40. Langers Loft.. please explain. You mean mist as in water spray.

Yes, very lucky. Would have liked to have copped more of a look at Pakistan but just too hot. I think they may have been letting people into members just to get into the shade. Yep water misters, as opposed to messers with bow ties and umbrellas twirling Fred Astaire style. :D Very refreshing thanks very much. Langer’s Loft is a nice little 2 storey shaded decked area with bar stools etc. I think they probably use it as a corporate entertaining area at times. It’s square on to the wicket unfortunately, but it’s right next to the hill and the player rooms / commentary area and plenty of room for the kids to run around under the scoreboard.
Well I think the young Aus XI can hold their head up high with not letting Pakistan bowl them out and scoring three 50s to boot. And I have just seen on the match summary that only 5 of the team have first class experience. Well done, lads! 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

water misters, as opposed to messers with bow ties and umbrellas twirling Fred Astaire style

Oh what a wit you are. That would be Gene Kelly style "Singing In the Rain"?

You sound like a cricket purist.. like moir. I am betting I saw my first game of Test cricket a little before you. I recall being taken to the SCG by my mother (rather reluctantly I may add as I had no interest in cricket at that time) and watching the great Dennis Lillee and Thommo take down the Pommies. I was hooked. I will let you speculate what decade that was. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 17 Nov 2019 9:02 AM
water misters, as opposed to messers with bow ties and umbrellas twirling Fred Astaire style

Oh what a wit you are. That would be Gene Kelly style "Singing In the Rain"?

You sound like a cricket purist.. like moir. I am betting I saw my first game of Test cricket a little before you. I recall being taken to the SCG by my mother (rather reluctantly I may add as I had no interest in cricket at that time) and watching the great Dennis Lillee and Thommo take down the Pommies. I was hooked. I will let you speculate what decade that was. 

Haha good stuff. No wonder you are so fond of the Ashes! 
I stand corrected on my tuxedo gentlemen of yore.
One of the first matches I attended was the Pakistan Aus tri series at Bellerive that ended in a tie. Featured most of the World Cup winning Pakistan line up. I became a TCA junior member after that and particular enjoyed the Ashes tour a couple of years later where I think I already mentioned my claim to fame - Gatting made me a cup of tea lol.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

ThingyBob - 20 Nov 2019 3:11 PM
baggygreenmania - 17 Nov 2019 9:02 AM

Haha good stuff. No wonder you are so fond of the Ashes! 
I stand corrected on my tuxedo gentlemen of yore.
One of the first matches I attended was the Pakistan Aus tri series at Bellerive that ended in a tie. Featured most of the World Cup winning Pakistan line up. I became a TCA junior member after that and particular enjoyed the Ashes tour a couple of years later where I think I already mentioned my claim to fame - Gatting made me a cup of tea lol.

So you are from Tassie. When did you move to WA.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 22 Nov 2019 8:10 AM
ThingyBob - 20 Nov 2019 3:11 PM

So you are from Tassie. When did you move to WA.

Coming up 24 years. I had a friend get me on the list for SCG membership then changed my mind and moved here when I got into a particular uni course.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search