2020 American Election Megathread

2020 American Election Megathread

Author
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I haven’t seen a thread on this topic yet (mods please delete if wrong). I expect this will be a significant topic throughout the year, as the Democratic primaries come to a head, Trump’s impeachment trial continues and the election draws closer. 

Will Bernie get the nod?
Will Trump stand again (or be in gaol)?
How do you pronounce Buttigieg?
What part will Hillary play?
Most of all, how is this going to affect us here in Australia?

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Aljay - 2 Feb 2020 7:51 PM
I haven’t seen a thread on this topic yet (mods please delete if wrong). I expect this will be a significant topic throughout the year, as the Democratic primaries come to a head, Trump’s impeachment trial continues and the election draws closer. 

(1) Will Bernie get the nod?
(2a) Will Trump stand again (2b)(or be in gaol)?
(3) How do you pronounce Buttigieg?
(4) What part will Hillary play?
(5) Most of all, how is this going to affect us here in Australia?

(1) No
(2a) Yes, and win (2b) No.
(3) Butt - e - gig
(4) Little-to-none.
(5) No more or less than any other previous election/President.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
4 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Aljay - 2 Feb 2020 7:51 PM

Will Bernie get the nod?
Will Trump stand again (or be in gaol)?
How do you pronounce Buttigieg?
What part will Hillary play?
Most of all, how is this going to affect us here in Australia?

1: Yes.
2a: Yes. 2b: No
3: I’m calling him booty judge.
4: Doing everything in her power to screw over Bernie.
5: I’m worried that a few of the candidates are going to start some more illegal wars and Australia will obviously help because we are America’s dumb best friend who will help them do whatever they like regardless of how illegal or morally wrong the wars are.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Comrade sanders will verbally guillotine Trump on the debate stages
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

433 - 2 Feb 2020 11:32 PM
Comrade sanders will verbally guillotine Trump on the debate stages

Reckon the Dems will let him get past Tuesday lol?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

That impeachment is going to backfire big time.   It was the Dem's only way to get him out of the way,  they fucked up.   

I like Bernie personally however I don't think his own party does.   

Oh & Mini Mike is trending,  Trump knows how to take the piss out of people.  
Edited
4 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Bernie will probably get the nod. I'm a fan of Yang though. 

As for the impeachment, I think the Dems knew and the play was to take back the Senate. 
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Burztur - 3 Feb 2020 8:24 PM
Bernie will probably get the nod. I'm a fan of Yang though. 

As for the impeachment, I think the Dems knew and the play was to take back the Senate. 

Not sure I understand, how does a (potentially) failed impeachment take back the Senate?

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Aljay - 3 Feb 2020 9:40 PM
Burztur - 3 Feb 2020 8:24 PM

Not sure I understand, how does a (potentially) failed impeachment take back the Senate?

There are around 25 senate seats up for re-election in November. Most of them are Republican and I think 5-6 of them will be close. If the Democrats flip 3, then they have the majority for both Houses.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Burztur - 3 Feb 2020 9:57 PM
Aljay - 3 Feb 2020 9:40 PM

There are around 25 senate seats up for re-election in November. Most of them are Republican and I think 5-6 of them will be close. If the Democrats flip 3, then they have the majority for both Houses.

Could go the other way as well. Would those sitting Democrats be comfortable with this impeachment?  Republicans should or will start slamming those Democrats who voted for this nonsense NOW via campaigns to turn it over.  Sitting Presidents are rarely unseated after their first terms but if they can turn this around on the Democrats then things will get interesting.  
Burztur
Burztur
World Class

ErogenousZone - 5 Feb 2020 9:27 AM
Burztur - 3 Feb 2020 9:57 PM

Could go the other way as well. Would those sitting Democrats be comfortable with this impeachment?  Republicans should or will start slamming those Democrats who voted for this nonsense NOW via campaigns to turn it over.  Sitting Presidents are rarely unseated after their first terms but if they can turn this around on the Democrats then things will get interesting.  

There are 4-5 Dem seats at risk. It’s a big move by the Dems but this is what I think their play is. No way would they get 2/3 of the Senate to kick Trump out. More risk and return for them imo.
Aljay
Aljay
Pro

A failed impeachment by the Dems when they didn’t even bother to call witnesses in the lower house runs a considerable risk of the Republicans getting a lot of sympathy votes for Trump. At least as much chance as winning more seats.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Aljay
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Aljay - 5 Feb 2020 4:20 PM
A failed impeachment by the Dems when they didn’t even bother to call witnesses in the lower house runs a considerable risk of the Republicans getting a lot of sympathy votes for Trump. At least as much chance as winning more seats.

They had the ability to do that? In the lower house?

Thought it was only for during the trial or that they didn't have the power to subpoena people there.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Burztur
Burztur
World Class

paulbagzFC - 5 Feb 2020 4:32 PM

They had the ability to do that? In the lower house?

Thought it was only for during the trial or that they didn't have the power to subpoena people there.

-PB

They had the Ukraine ambassador etc testify. The only change was when it moved to the Senate and Bolton flipped. They wanted to call him then but couldn’t due to the lack of numbers.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

It wasn't a failure. As trump is still impeached. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 5 Feb 2020 5:05 PM

But he's still President & will remain President. 

That crazy clown Pelosi was a disgrace yesterday.   
Aljay
Aljay
Pro

Yes, I should have prefaced with “Given the likely failure..”
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 6 Feb 2020 3:06 PM

So was Clinton and Andrew johnson.  They were both impeached and both stayed President 
rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I know its wrong and i shouldnt say it, but if I had a vat of acid I would throw Elizabeth Warren in it, she is that insufferable.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

rusty - 6 Feb 2020 10:18 PM
I know its wrong and i shouldnt say it, but if I had a vat of acid I would throw Elizabeth Warren in it, she is that insufferable.

She's native American !!  How dare you !!!   

I like how she connect with her spiritual Navahoe roots by flying in a private jet everywhere.   
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 7 Feb 2020 8:58 AM
rusty - 6 Feb 2020 10:18 PM

She's native American !!  How dare you !!!   

I like how she connect with her spiritual Navahoe roots by flying in a private jet everywhere.   

Fuck her

Tried to muckrake my boi Bernie with the gender card. No respect for her at all.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Seriously guys, winning just doesn't seem to have as big a thrill these days because we end up winning everything.

I can't remember the last time I was wrong or on the losing side.

Trump has it in the bag.

Near zero unemployment and record job growth and record economic growth. Trump has hit it out of the ballpark.

And he just got acquitted! At this point we need to send our gratitude to Pelosi for all she has done for the Trump campaign. Thank you Pelosi.

I really loved how she tore the president's speech. Great work!

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

She certainly has but Trump can't complain as she has done so much for his campaign and getting Trump back in.

Thank You Pelosi!

Cheers to another 4 years of Trump coming up. The best US President in many decades.

Edited
4 Years Ago by mouflonrouge
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 7 Feb 2020 12:09 PM

She certainly was but Trump can't complain as she has done so much for his campaign and getting Trump back in.

Thank You Pelosi!

Cheers to another 4 years of Trump coming up. The best US President in many decades.

Yep.

And it had to happen

The divisive identity politics, the class warfare, the social and economic engineering, petulance and the virtue signalling and general insane and out of control Far Left Democrats would have destroyed the US.

Trump has kept the nation together, even as the Democrats campaign to tear it apart. 

If by some miracle the Dems win I have no doubt it will bring the US closer to Civil Way than at any other time after the Civil War.

Four More Years!  Four More Years!

Edited
4 Years Ago by Enzo Bearzot
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Enzo Bearzot - 7 Feb 2020 7:03 PM

Yep.

And it had to happen

The divisive identity politics, the class warfare, the social and economic engineering, petulance and the virtue signalling and general insane and out of control Far Left Democrats would have destroyed the US.

Trump has kept the nation together, even as the Democrats campaign to tear it apart. 

If by some miracle the Dems win I have no doubt it will bring the US closer to Civil Way than at any other time after the Civil War.

Absolutely.

The far left lunatics just keep on losing in the USA, Australia, UK, Hungary, Poland, Italy and Greece. Long may it continue.

In fact, it is a big hope of mine that the Far Left continue with their social and economic engineering because that takes them further away from the masses and working people of all our Nations.

We have all had enough of all the virtue signalling.

Even in Australia, Scott Morrison is assured of another term thanks to their petty petulance. Whenever they open their mouths, we put more runs on the board.

They all live inside their Twitter Echo Chamber - which I got to admit I now enjoy as my favourite Social media outlet because of it. I got to watch my blood pressure though from all the salt. So easy to OD on it.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Yep.

And it had to happen

Lol.  Thanks Tucker.

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Im certain that stefcep has lost the plot.  Seriously noone can be that deluded
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 8 Feb 2020 10:56 AM
Im certain that stefcep has lost the plot.  Seriously noone can be that deluded

You are deluded for thinking Trump has been impeached and what's even funnier is how you think bogus impeachments will hurt his re-election prospects. LOL

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

mouflonrouge - 8 Feb 2020 11:06 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 8 Feb 2020 10:56 AM

You are deluded for thinking Trump has been impeached and what's even funnier is how you think bogus impeachments will hurt his re-election prospects. LOL

Umm he has been impeached.  Its in the records . Same with Clinton and andrew johnson.  
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 8 Feb 2020 8:30 AM

Lol.  Thanks Tucker.

Your name calling ( not that I know or care what it means ) is why your side of politics is becoming irrelevant everywhere if it sin't already

Do you think that the Right will retaliate with internet memes should the Dems  implement their nut-job policies of division?  There is a reason why Americans are so protective of  the right to keep and bear arms.... 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search