The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
invicta
Weekender
Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Waz - 16 Feb 2020 6:46 PM
I’ve pretty much given up on the match day thread. It used to be people talking football with the odd troll, now it’s people trolling with the odd bit about the football. 

That was an excellent performance from Roar, defensively and from the midfield. 

The forward line needs much improvement but really Inman and O’Shea should have scored and, bar an outstanding save, O’Neill should have scored as well from a brilliant O’Shea set up. 

If we’d won that 3-0 the conversations would be different. But the truth is up front we are lacking, and even a hard-working midfield lacks teeth. 

DWH looks to have lost confidence. RF needs to figure that out. Mouratovic offers something different but they are different players - in form, both could start up front. 

It’s obvious this Roar team don’t fear anyone in this competition, not even Sydney. Who would have thought that in preseason!

O neill adds a lot to the team.  Odd mistake but links play well and makes forward runs.  Pepper is surprising me. His best attribute maybe to allow o Neil more licence to attack. 

Some of the passing triangles is exceptional. The improvement in results and performance since xmas has been brilliant.  Leaving suncorp after the wu game I was pretty disgruntled. 

Fowler has tough calls to make - o shea and inman... I d be tempted to keep inman as an aussie but o shea disappoints. Holds the ball in tight spaces well but finishing is awful.

Hingert frustrates again with poor crossing. 

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

I’ve pretty much given up on the match day thread. It used to be people talking football with the odd troll, now it’s people trolling with the odd bit about the football. 

That was an excellent performance from Roar, defensively and from the midfield. 

The forward line needs much improvement but really Inman and O’Shea should have scored and, bar an outstanding save, O’Neill should have scored as well from a brilliant O’Shea set up. 

If we’d won that 3-0 the conversations would be different. But the truth is up front we are lacking, and even a hard-working midfield lacks teeth. 

DWH looks to have lost confidence. RF needs to figure that out. Mouratovic offers something different but they are different players - in form, both could start up front. 

It’s obvious this Roar team don’t fear anyone in this competition, not even Sydney. Who would have thought that in preseason!

Never miss an opportunity to put the boot in.Lol
Every player did good and bad stuff.Including Inman and JOS.
The plan is clear.
Work hard in the first half  and stay tight .Then go hard the second half.Get the goal and stay tight.
Inman and Marutovic as a second half combo works.But it makes sense to change it up from time to time so opposition defences dont get set.
The good thing is our defensive structure is looking confident.Very SFC.WU couldnt get through.
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

invicta - 16 Feb 2020 10:24 PM

O neill adds a lot to the team.  Odd mistake but links play well and makes forward runs.  Pepper is surprising me. His best attribute maybe to allow o Neil more licence to attack. 

Some of the passing triangles is exceptional. The improvement in results and performance since xmas has been brilliant.  Leaving suncorp after the wu game I was pretty disgruntled. 

Fowler has tough calls to make - o shea and inman... I d be tempted to keep inman as an aussie but o shea disappoints. Holds the ball in tight spaces well but finishing is awful.

I have to agree .JOS as the playmaker makes as many mistakes as good plays.If we were to upgrade,I would be inclined to replace him .
Macca is better technically.Just old and slow.
When Macca comes back,should JOS be pushed back or should he be left out so Pepper and AON can stay as a pairing?
Bring on JOS in the second half with Marutovic when defences are tiring.
Marutovic at this stage is wasted playing in the first half.So probably DWH and AAH are the options for the first half.

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

That was O’Neills best game for me - don’t think he put a foot wrong. 
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Waz - 16 Feb 2020 11:35 PM

That was O’Neills best game for me - don’t think he put a foot wrong. 

And don't forget that O'Neil is only 21, so he's got plenty of improvement in his game.
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

blob:https://forum.insidesport.com.au/0438cfe9-1f69-4fcb-ac37-cb9624ba3a46

Clear Contact There

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Dwh reminds me of raso, always falling over.
Hingert was poor
Gillespie poor
O'Neil couple of decent killer passes

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

dirkvanadidas - 17 Feb 2020 7:07 AM
Dwh reminds me of raso, always falling over.
Hingert was poor
Gillespie poor
O'Neil couple of decent killer passes

Gillesphey was superb again and close to man of the match although that probably went to Kurto who made several excellent saves to keep it 1-0, and if it went to a Roar player it’s probably Aldred’s for that superb tackle he made on Diamanti to stop what looked a certain goal. 
sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

Brown and hingert cop quite a bit of flack both here and in the match day threads, (yesterday they were were definitely not outstanding) but I don't think it is any coincidence that we have looked a lot better since they have started playing. 

Yes they make mistakes  and fluff crosses but they are our main wide outlet and get forward and back willingly. Are they the best in the competition, no, but do they deserve to be harranged constantly, absolutely not particularly when we have looked a whole lot better with them in the team
90 Minutes
90 Minutes
Fan
Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)

sirhcdobo - 17 Feb 2020 8:50 AM
Brown and hingert cop quite a bit of flack both here and in the match day threads, (yesterday they were were definitely not outstanding) but I don't think it is any coincidence that we have looked a lot better since they have started playing. 

Yes they make mistakes  and fluff crosses but they are our main wide outlet and get forward and back willingly. Are they the best in the competition, no, but do they deserve to be harranged constantly, absolutely not particularly when we have looked a whole lot better with them in the team

Everyone makes mistakes look at the big picture.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

should be a cracker against perth 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 17 Feb 2020 9:22 AM
should be a cracker against perth 

Hopefully the weather is kind and we get a dry and comfortable day
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

aok - 17 Feb 2020 9:28 AM
Melbcityguy - 17 Feb 2020 9:22 AM

Hopefully the weather is kind and we get a dry and comfortable day

Redcliffe should be bursting at the seams for this one. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Footballking55 - 17 Feb 2020 9:48 AM
aok - 17 Feb 2020 9:28 AM

Redcliffe should be bursting at the seams for this one. 

Not sure what the capacity is now the hill has been lost but I’d say 9500 and most of those should be gone. 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

One of the most pleasant side effects of this recent run (1 loss in the last 8) is the massive reduction in shit posting and condescending lectures from twats telling everyone how shit the Roar are.  These same tools have been conspicuous in there absence. Still a long way to go for the team, and I'm sure we'll be bombarded in here again if there is a run of poor results.  But is is refreshing to be able to read civilised discussions and differing opinions about the roar in one place.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

That game proves that a well organized team with tenacity, guts and grit will get results. Roar deserves its mid table status.

Best player for as per most games so far was Jamie Young. Didn't have much to do thanks to a crowded defence but what  he did was solid and safe. Having his best season yet IMO.

In a resort somewhere

Edited
4 Years Ago by paulc
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

aok - 17 Feb 2020 10:27 AM
One of the most pleasant side effects of this recent run (1 loss in the last 8) is the massive reduction in shit posting and condescending lectures from twats telling everyone how shit the Roar are.  These same tools have been conspicuous in there absence. Still a long way to go for the team, and I'm sure we'll be bombarded in here again if there is a run of poor results.  But is is refreshing to be able to read civilised discussions and differing opinions about the roar in one place.

How correct you are and how much I imagine we all agree with your observations. 

Just goes to show the shit posters had only one objective......to post negative rubbish about Brisbane, Robbie, Brits and anything to do with Roar.

Now that they will look clueless if they do that they have disappeared.....probably to troll on WU or Victory threads. 
Thing is they always did look clueless. 

But yes intelligent constructive discussion is really what we as genuine fans enjoy......and yes that can be critical. 

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I am all for both of them in the team.

Hingert works his bum off and does a bloody good job of it. He is getting back a lot of what he had before his injury - confidence, fitness and speed both forwards and backwards.

Corey may be a bit slower coming back after his runs forward, but when they come down his side I am not worried - where I was always worried at the start of the season. They may beat him or they may not - but it is no longer an open door (on either side for that matter).

All our defenders are standing in for each other well and are working each other out. We have looked less vulnerable to good attacks and are getting stronger each game.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

invicta
invicta
Weekender
Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 17 Feb 2020 1:35 PM

I am all for both of them in the team.

Hingert works his bum off and does a bloody good job of it. He is getting back a lot of what he had before his injury - confidence, fitness and speed both forwards and backwards.

Corey may be a bit slower coming back after his runs forward, but when they come down his side I am not worried - where I was always worried at the start of the season. They may beat him or they may not - but it is no longer an open door (on either side for that matter).

All our defenders are standing in for each other well and are working each other out. We have looked less vulnerable to good attacks and are getting stronger each game.

The improvement has been immense since having fit, correct footed and quick wing backs. Hingert frustrates me as he has most things except a final ball. He has never had it. I don t understand why this can t be improved. I'd like to see how many assists he has ? As soon as he gets in a promising position he hits the first defender or takes the wrong option. 

I'd like to see a fit Dane ingham play rwb. He can beat a man and is quick. 

I d like to see isaac Powell given a few mins in case brown is out. Brown looks stuffed after about 70 mins.  

Any news on jcp? 
sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

invicta - 17 Feb 2020 2:20 PM
Roar in me Blood - 17 Feb 2020 1:35 PM

The improvement has been immense since having fit, correct footed and quick wing backs. Hingert frustrates me as he has most things except a final ball. He has never had it. I don t understand why this can t be improved. I'd like to see how many assists he has ? As soon as he gets in a promising position he hits the first defender or takes the wrong option. 

I'd like to see a fit Dane ingham play rwb. He can beat a man and is quick. 

I d like to see isaac Powell given a few mins in case brown is out. Brown looks stuffed after about 70 mins.  

Any news on jcp? 

Dane ingham had plenty of chances and showed that he is nowhere near as good as Hingert. i would have him nowhere near the first team, Mcging is better and i do not rate mcging higher than an low standard NPL player. I would like to see powel (and JCP when he is fit again) getting minutes but probably more off the bench rather than as a starter. 

I think it is no coincidence that gillesphie has looked better (and the defence as a whole) with brown and hingert coming in.
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

sirhcdobo - 17 Feb 2020 3:38 PM
invicta - 17 Feb 2020 2:20 PM

Dane ingham had plenty of chances and showed that he is nowhere near as good as Hingert. i would have him nowhere near the first team, Mcging is better and i do not rate mcging higher than an low standard NPL player. I would like to see powel (and JCP when he is fit again) getting minutes but probably more off the bench rather than as a starter. 

I think it is no coincidence that gillesphie has looked better (and the defence as a whole) with brown and hingert coming in.

Don't think Dane Ingham will be taking Hingert's place this season, as he is with Perth Glory. And despite that, I agree he is nowhere near the quality of Hingert.
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro

Jimo8 - 17 Feb 2020 1:09 PM

Just goes to show the shit posters had only one objective......to post negative rubbish about Brisbane, Robbie, Brits and anything to do with Roar.

Now that they will look clueless if they do that they have disappeared.....probably to troll on WU or Victory threads. 

But yes intelligent constructive discussion is really what we as genuine fans enjoy......and yes that can be critical. 

Interesting too, how many other Brits are in the A League. Good to see Hooper and Ball work together to get their team a win on the weekend. There hasn't been the invective about their roles in the resurgence of the Nix this year. Even ALF at Sydney is not all that dissimilar to our players.

That is the other interesting question, where do we fit into the world football pyramid? It would appear that top League 1 in the UK may be appropriate for the League as a whole. Certainly there are some better players, but the overall quality is not at Championship level. Hence why there is the guld between SFC and the rest.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Footballking55
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Footballking55 - 17 Feb 2020 4:35 PM

Interesting too, how many other Brits are in the A League. Good to see Hooper and Ball work together to get their team a win on the weekend. There hasn't been the invective about their roles in the resurgence of the Nix this year. Even ALF at Sydney is not all that dissimilar to our players.

ALF - not dissimilar in that he is English. Otherwise chalk and cheese.
thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

I think its more a case of the "trolls" not watching anymore Brit Roar games because all there games put viewers to sleep by half time. However i shall be watching very closely this Saturday afternoon....
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

I haven't changed your view of this Brisbane side. This is a poor side in a League of far too many poor sides. In terms of overall standards this season has seen the third consecutive year {at least} of falling standards. 

I have genuine hope for Brisbane next season. I have been turned around on Fowler. He's showing he has the chops for coaching. But the team is poor and recent results are an indictment of the competition, not an affirmation of Brisbane Roar. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Poor side? I'm calling bullshit on that.

The way we passed the ball through traffic against WU would have seen us passing the ball through any team.

We are certainly well short of consistent, and well short of 90 minutes of that sort of play - but it was not accidental or lucky - it was skill, composure, training, effort and quality - clearly apparent.

Hate the way we play 85 minutes by all means - but ignoring the quality they show when they get it right is self serving in my opinion.

This team is developing and the more we play together and train under Robbie and his team the more quality we demonstrate. Long way to go for some players, less so for others. It is a team getting better and showing its worth to anyone who chooses to see it.

Loving the improvements.
Loving the progress.

This is my team and there are sphincters clenching at every club we face ;)

notarobot
notarobot
Rising Star
Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 17 Feb 2020 8:43 PM
Poor side? I'm calling bullshit on that.

The way we passed the ball through traffic against WU would have seen us passing the ball through any team.

We are certainly well short of consistent, and well short of 90 minutes of that sort of play - but it was not accidental or lucky - it was skill, composure, training, effort and quality - clearly apparent.

Hate the way we play 85 minutes by all means - but ignoring the quality they show when they get it right is self serving in my opinion.

This team is developing and the more we play together and train under Robbie and his team the more quality we demonstrate. Long way to go for some players, less so for others. It is a team getting better and showing its worth to anyone who chooses to see it.

Loving the improvements.
Loving the progress.

This is my team and there are sphincters clenching at every club we face ;)

AON is a class player and Fowler should try to lock him down to a long term deal ASAP , have a feeling he maybe heading to Mexico though.
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

notarobot - 17 Feb 2020 8:51 PM

AON is a class player and Fowler should try to lock him down to a long term deal ASAP , have a feeling he maybe heading to Mexico though.

Why Mexico?
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

sportaddict - 17 Feb 2020 8:55 PM

Why Mexico?

@notarobot - do you mean Mexico as in 'Mexicans' South of the Border (eg Victory/City/WU) - or Mexico for real?

Waz
Waz
Legend

He’s got two more years on contract with Burnley who apparently want a loan within the UK next year before deciding what to do with him. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search