*Official* Celtic Thread: Darkest before the Dawn.

*Official* Celtic Thread: Darkest before the Dawn.

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
BrisbaneBhoy - 16 Feb 2020 1:32 PM
LFC. - 15 Feb 2020 9:36 PM

Hehe.... Yep chalk and cheese.  Today they won't be in a job long with those types of training philosophies and tactics.  That said, I wouldn't mind seeing it happen every now and then to sort out some of the prima donnas that we have in the game. 😁

I'm with you ! nothing like a decent hard smashing tackle by MF's or CB's, no studs up but full blooded proper hit, love to see Neymer rolling after those ones !!!!
SPL and Championship still has a good robust game but nothing like my days.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Watched most of the 2nd half vsing Aberdeen,
Good game to win away and you could see the importance by Lennon's reaction at FT.
Rogic came on what 70th odd minute.
It seemed like 10mins or so before I even saw him on the ball.
Just not in the game mostly but for a few times to kill time as the clock ran down holding possesion in their corner.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

LFC. - 19 Feb 2020 10:09 AM
Watched most of the 2nd half vsing Aberdeen,
Good game to win away and you could see the importance by Lennon's reaction at FT.
Rogic came on what 70th odd minute.
It seemed like 10mins or so before I even saw him on the ball.
Just not in the game mostly but for a few times to kill time as the clock ran down holding possesion in their corner.

With the wind blowing at 60-70mph it was never going to be a pretty, expansive, type of game. The wind pretty much null and void our style of play and usage of our attacking midfielders.

To get the win in those conditions, against a very stubborn Aberdeen team was awesome, and extremely important. It keeps us 10pts ahead of that other lot, which adds to the pressure that they are already under trying to keep pace with us.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
4 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep true, the wind was bad for both, Aberdeen were doing well at 1-1.
That 2nd goal was great lead up work and then put away clinically by Ajer.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

LFC. - 19 Feb 2020 11:31 AM
yep true, the wind was bad for both, Aberdeen were doing well at 1-1.
That 2nd goal was great lead up work and then put away clinically by Ajer.

Absolutely.  I agree with all that.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy - 19 Feb 2020 3:21 PM
LFC. - 19 Feb 2020 11:31 AM

Absolutely.  I agree with all that.

Thanks God for that lol...
Cap G for I am brought up with the C faith fyi BUT you can blame Craig Moore for my first interest in Rangers following an Aussie from '95ish.....then his 2nd tenure but I cross checked then due to Dukes playing for the Bhoys.
Being I'm from here hey. I can swing right ? I know you'll say No haha.....
Obviously now with one of my idol Pool players there I can't not keeping an eye on them.
Heck a strong Rangers makes the comp and the Hoops need that to keep on top right :)
I like the SPL (kind of still got that ol skool about it, similar to the Championship) but for its lack of competition - yes its common with with many other leagues I know.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

That's that then.  Bunch of shite!!!  🤬😡🤬

Oh well - On to the Quadruple Treble, I guess 🙂
Though we will probably lose to St Johnstone on Sunday if we have a repeat of lastnight performance 😔😕

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

not a good day at home at all.......

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

BB, sorry to pollute your thread - https://www.football365.com/news/hagi-tactical-genis-gerrard-rangers-europa-league-win

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 29 Feb 2020 7:55 AM

Hehe, post away... For the record this isn't my thread - Though it may seem like it as it is often me talking to myself and I 😄😞😢

But while talking about Gerrald, things don't look to good for him.  Unless Celtic have a crazy run of losses in the league, while at the same time his lot wins all their matches. Or if he can get that other lot to win Europa League Final, he and them won't be winning any silverware once again (yippy 🤣), as they have now (last night) been eliminated from the Scottish Cup.

I can't see him staying for much longer at that other lot, if he doesn't walk (quietly told to hand in his P45), then being forced out/fired could be a real possibility.

Me personally, it doesn't really matter if he stays or go.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer it is yours for I'm about the lone Red in mine.
I reckon he'll get next season still but football, anything can happen.

Love Football

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

I pop in for a read on this one and the Liverpool one every now and then.
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro

Celtic and rangers will be the only clubs to ride out the financial implications from football shutting. Down for six months

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

dirkvanadidas - 12 Mar 2020 11:00 PM
Celtic and rangers will be the only clubs to ride out the financial implications from football shutting. Down for six months

I'm not to sure how the other clubs would cope if football was shut down for 6 months (as the example you used), as quite a few of them are run rather well financially, and they live well within their means.  That said, any shutdown will cause plenty of hurt financially - Loss of sponsorship monies. Losing out on the gate revenue from when Celtic and that other lot come to visit etc. How they will cover any extra losses would be interesting.

Celtic will be fine as we make a decent profit year-on-year, and have a very healthy back balance. If, in an absolute very worst case scenario happens to happen - where Celtic finances start to look worrisome, and become in danger of causing the club financial hardship, - we have ""assets"" (players) that would be sold to cover any damage done due to the league shutting down for 6 months for an example.

The Huns on the other hand could be in real trouble financially. From my understanding, as it stands at the minute they have plenty of debt, and lose approximately £15m annually, and needs someone to cover/right off those annual loses.  If football is stopped for 6 months etc, I don't know what or how they will look financially (other than not good). Nor what they would do to cover even more losses then that of which they are currently already have.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Championes, championes! Ole! Ole! Ole!

So, that's nine now out of the way. Next up the 10!!

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Good they made a call, be it play out remaiding games or as done called the Winner - congrats mate 9in a row is massive.
Also shows those behind need to lift and I hope so.
Hearts is not happy https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-reiterate-legal-action-threat-22045270

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 19 May 2020 9:40 AM
Good they made a call, be it play out remaiding games or as done called the Winner - congrats mate 9in a row is massive.
Also shows those behind need to lift and I hope so.
Hearts is not happy https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-reiterate-legal-action-threat-22045270

Aye, although not ideal as we all wanted the remaining games to be played, it just wasn't going to happen.  So IMO, and I dare say along with most level-headed people it was the only fair way to call it.

Clubs can now put onto action their plans for the new season, and hopefully things return to normal-ish sooner rather than later. As for Hearts?? Has the outcome been hard on them?? Yeah, I can see that argument, that said, they have been the worst team all season so only really have themselves to blame for relegation. 

Back to Celtic though - WHAT A SEASON!!! Not only have we won the League and League Cup Double, and on our way to a possible Domestic Quadruple Treble (still to be decided what's to happen with regards to the Scottish Cup). We also beat Lazio twice (who are currently 2nd in Serie A, 1 point behind Juventus), and Rennes (finished 3rd in Ligue 1) in the Europa League.

It is an awesome time to be a Tim 😃
- Hail, Hail 🍀🇮🇪🇳🇬🍀

EDIT:  BRING ON THE 10!!!

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

https://www.espn.com.au/football/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4099099/liverpool-take-note-celtic-show-how-to-celebrate-title-without-fans

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

I love reading these articles about comments made from the whos-who-of-who in world football regarding Celtic Park. There is no place like Paradise 🙂🇳🇬🍀🇮🇪

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtics-list-atmosphere-acclaim-messi-22265884

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

haha, yer some very good quotes made by huge players........
I'd love to be there one day to soak it in.....vsing Rangers lol
Imagine IF you ever had a squad that went deeper in the CL in recent times.
Is KK still in the top 10 scorers of all time ?

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 30 Jun 2020 8:49 AM
(1) some very good quotes made by huge players........
(2) I'd love to be there one day to soak it in.....vsing Rangers lol
(3) Imagine IF you ever had a squad that went deeper in the CL in recent times.
(4) Is KK still in the top 10 scorers of all time ?

(1) Agreed - Although I wouldn't call Messi or Xavi "huge" 😜😀
(2) I haven't experienced an Old Firm match, YET!!! But have had the pleasure of a couple of European nights - Magical ☺ 
(3) I wish we had the ability and an environment where we would be able to reach our full potential. Just think about that for a moment - If we could.... We would become a true powerhouse in the world of football. Unfortunately it will never happen 😞
(4) Yes. Just. He is 10th overall. 🍀YNWA🍀

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Lennon has to answer for his role in lastnight's result, so does EVERY! SINGLE! ONE! OF! THOSE! who took to the field in that match...

They ALL, need to have a long hard look at THEMSELVES!! They need to find out what's wrong mentally within themselves, followed by, what they need to do to fix themselves MENTALLY!!!! AND THEY NEED TO DO IT NOW!!!! Otherwise, this season will be lost before it even starts 🤬😢🤕

As for the money men who deal with the shit off the field!!!!!  Do not screw this up by being your cheap usually selves!!! IF YOU DO!!!.... YOU ALL, will be HOPING that you only find yourselves filling out P45's....
(and not some other type of forfeit!!!)

For far to long you have been getting away with taking the cheap route!!!! Taking us fans for a ride.  We have turned the cheek many times in the past. We will not be as forgiving this time around!!  If you screw us out of this history making season, you will never be forgiven!! Do not screw this opportunity up. There is only a wee amount of of time before things become to late.
DON'T MISS THIS/YOUR OPPORTUNITY!!

-----

As for tonight's performance??....
With the amount of ball we had!!
With where on the field we had that ball!!
Along with the amount of chances we had??.....
WE SHOULD HAVE WON BY.... 5!! 6!! 7!! GOALS!!!
MINIMUM!!! 🤬🤯🤕

As for the defense??... The less said the better!!! 🤬😢🤕
To allow two soft goals, from their only two shots on target is beyond belief. Especially that final goal we conceded!!!

-----

'MON THE HOOPS 🍀🇮🇪🇳🇬🍀
Bring home the 10-I-A-R 🍀🇳🇬🇮🇪🍀

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

The CL result was ugly man.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 28 Aug 2020 1:09 PM
The CL result was ugly man.

Yep 🤬😥

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Hey BB.
I know I know, early days and it won't last but 7 games in for SG GA is nil is pretty good in any top league if you ask me.
As you know we shipped 3 1st game vsing Leeds, equal to your tally to date after 7.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 17 Sep 2020 2:14 PM
Hey BB.
I know I know, early days and it won't last but 7 games in for SG GA is nil is pretty good in any top league if you ask me.
As you know we shipped 3 1st game vsing Leeds, equal to your tally to date after 7.

No, they are going fine at the minute. As you say early days. All we can do is concentrate on our own games and go from there.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Due to both Celtic and Rangers having qualified for the Europa League group stage this season, it should see Scotland's coefficient raise to 12th (possibly as high as 11th). 

So winning the League this season just got a whole lot more important...  Besides the chance to make history by winning the League for a 10th straight season, there is now the possibility of direct qualification to next seasons Champions League group stage,  and the £30mil+ prize money that goes with it.

I'm going to be a wreck this season. 😟

Mon the Hoops 🇮🇪🇳🇬🍀

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

haha, pressure mate pressure !
Table very close at this early stage of 33games, both no loss for now.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 6 Oct 2020 11:19 AM
haha, pressure mate pressure !
Table very close at this early stage of 33games, both no loss for now.

Pressure indeed.  Part of me has really missed the pressure I used to feel all those years back (and starting to feel again) when the League used to go down to the wire. At the same time, I love the feeling of smashing everyone - Especially 'Them' the past few seasons.

-----

I guess what it comes down to, for me this season, if we fail to win the League... Besides the obvious hurt/frustration/anger at missing/failure of making/witnessing history by clinching the '10' - Besides all that.....

..... I would hate to see 'Them' win the League and claim an automatic CL group stage place (along with all the money that goes with it) after us pretty much battling alone for the past 9 or 10 seasons, where we alone (solo) have been keeping Scotland's coefficient up higher enough over the seasons, that finally, with the wee bit of help we received the past two seasons has allowed Scotland's coefficient to reach a ranking were an automatic CL group stage place could be possible. For the past 9 or 10+ seasons, Celtic have had to navigate 3 or 4 qualifying rounds every season to reach the group stages in European football. Something that we have done every season for the past 10 straight seasons now. Moreso then not, progressing out of the groups to participate in European Knockout football after Christmas.

-----

As for both teams undefeated at the minute... If I'm honest, The Huns have been playing some very nice football to date, with us on the other hand only been scrapping through with results - Playing horribly. We are not playing anywhere near the level we were last season.  So I guess I can spin that into a positive... That we have been still winning while playing horribly.

-----

To top things off,  as of lastnight Edouard has tested positive to Coronavirus, and will now most likely miss the Old Firm game next weekend 🥺😢🤬🤬

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

modern football has changed the feelings of the past.
Traditions are fading and money is all that matetrs, yes its damn important but the culture is changing barring for ol skool supporters.....
Them can't stay down forever and like I'm rejoicing the fall of my ol nemisis at OT winning doesn't last forever as you know.
10yrs of winning would be a massive feat and it just may go down to the wire this time for a change and I think Hoops will be in the drivers seat come 2nd round on but we shall see.

Hey count yourself lucky you only have Edouard to worry about out, I'm in much more hurt atm lol :(

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search