The Aussies Abroad Thread

The Aussies Abroad Thread

Author
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Pretty much all football off. Got plenty of books to read and shit around the home to throw away.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
johnszasz - 14 Mar 2020 4:00 AM
Pretty much all football off. Got plenty of books to read and shit around the home to throw away.

This is Marie Kondo's time to shine.

Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Everything's off. I'd make do with just afl and nrl in an emergency, but they'll call them off too. There will be literally no sport, which almost feels scarier than the virus itself. I'll be bored a lot more. 

2020 was looking so good too. Olympics, Euros, Copa, WC qualifiers, and that's on top of all the usual leagues and sports I liked to follow. It's a massive letdown going from that to no sports at all in a blink. I can already feel the withdrawal symptoms coming on.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Derider - 14 Mar 2020 8:27 PM

Everything's off. I'd make do with just afl and nrl in an emergency, but they'll call them off too. There will be literally no sport, which almost feels scarier than the virus itself. I'll be bored a lot more. 

2020 was looking so good too. Olympics, Euros, Copa, WC qualifiers, and that's on top of all the usual leagues and sports I liked to follow. It's a massive letdown going from that to no sports at all in a blink. I can already feel the withdrawal symptoms coming on.

Gotta make do with a multi bet on Turkish and Russian football.
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Zenit absolutely destroying Ural.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Degenek starting
David Williams played 90 in the Indian Super League final, 3-1 win.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Clean sheet for Jordan Holmes as ebbsfleet win one nil,. Superb hoofing from goal kicks and drop kicks, bit of a culture shock after Bournemouth

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Miss this. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

johnszasz - 31 Mar 2020 1:04 AM
Miss this. 

:(
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/academy/profiles/midfielder/zak-gilsenan/
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Got to be grounded as we've had a lot of disappointing results before. Nevertheless he's bound to have some good technical ability and playing U23 at 16 is positive. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

John Iredale is the guest on this podcast that I hadn't heard of before: https://twitter.com/PLNightclub/status/1245596100179853312?s=19
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

paladisious - 3 Apr 2020 10:16 AM
John Iredale is the guest on this podcast that I hadn't heard of before: https://twitter.com/PLNightclub/status/1245596100179853312?s=19

Great. So this is an update and not a download of the July interview last summer? I already said it but this virus is at least a good thing for those to really get over those injuries and not miss football.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Come back come back *Rose's voice in the icy water in Titanic*

Betting on Belarus, Burundi and Nicaragua leagues. At least Belarus and Nicaragua also have their reserve leagues to expand the multi.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

TWG with another one of these articles, but still worth a read.

Rangers starlet Miller picks Australia over Scotland
Rising Rangers midfielder Murray Miller has pledged his international future to the country of his birth, opting for Australia ahead of Scotland.
BY DAVE LEWIS

Born in Sydney but raised in Glasgow, the newly-minted Young Socceroo and lifelong ‘Gers fan speaks with a distinctive Scottish brogue.

But his heart lies with the green and gold.

The Scottish FA were hoping the 18-year-old - who has caught the eye of Light Blues head coach Steven Gerrard - would add to the smattering of caps he’s already won for Scotland at U-16 and U-17 level.

But Miller told The World Game: "Although the family left Australia when I was 18 months old (his Scottish father and Irish mother met there), I still feel a strong connection to the country.

"I’ve got uncles and cousins there - and I want to get more involved with the national team.

"I used to wear Australian strips growing up. When I told people I was born there, people would say ‘no way you’d come back to Scotland if you were born in Australia’!"

A combative and clever midfielder, Miller made three appearances for Trevor Morgan’s Joeys leading into last year’s FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil.

He transitioned into Gary van Egmond’s Young Socceroos set up in February, playing in a 4-3 victory over FC Twente in a tour match in the Netherlands.

“I’ve been doing my best to make a good impression and want to get in as many games as I can - I’d love to play for the Socceroos one day,” he added.

Miller has already trained with Rangers’ first team, as well as appearing regularly for the U-21s and U-18s.

He looks at the career path of former Liverpool great Gerrard for inspiration, adding: “The gaffer came up through the Liverpool Academy and broke into the first team.

“I feel like he has a good connection with the academy here and there’s always a good chance.

“You always get a call if he’s been watching games, and you can sometimes see him up there watching from the balcony.

“I’ve spoken to him a wee bit in the times I’ve trained with the first team. I didn’t felt overwhelmed by those sessions, which is a good thing.”

From the moment Gerrard walked through the door at Ibrox two years ago, the club was infused with a new “energy” said Miller.

“You could definitely feel a difference - from the academy to the first team,” he added.

“The first time we walked past him in the corridor and shook his hand it was surreal because you’re so used to just seeing him on the TV.

“I think he’s made a difference and is on the right track to taking the club back to where they were in the past (as Celtic’s main challengers at the top end of Scottish football).”

The Miller clan have followed Rangers for generations, with father Brian once on their books as a youngster.

Miller junior idolises the likes of Andres Iniesta, and plays a possession-based style which, he said, is all about “keeping the ball ticking over, picking up second balls and playing forward”.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/rangers-starlet-miller-picks-australia-over-scotland?fbclid=IwAR2H604IthqYRmdULRSKA4koGYYCtG-blBhDl8Xc0mb4LWcgRl2lI7wkO0M

Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Welcome back, Football. ⚽❤️

The beautiful game is slowly beginning to return to us as the K리그(K LEAGUE) takes the first step to returning to competitive action, albeit with strict COVID-19 precaution laws, giving us a glimpse into the future of football restrictions for us all.

Join us on COPA90 Football YouTube as we bring a selected full-length game LIVE each week (streaming in selected territories outside the Korean Peninsula) so we can all get our football fix.

Starting from Friday 8th May at 11am BST as three-time reigning champions Jeonbuk host Suwon Bluewings in the curtain raiser! 📺⚽️🇰🇷
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Wonder how Arzani is doing . Perfect period for his current situation. All the players will be putting on sub performances as well when things return perfect opportunity to break through. 

saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)Amateur (502 reputation)

highkick05 - 7 May 2020 11:09 AM
Wonder how Arzani is doing . Perfect period for his current situation. All the players will be putting on sub performances as well when things return perfect opportunity to break through. 

Back at Man City isn't he? Would be good to see him at a club where he gets game time
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

saweston - 7 May 2020 12:00 PM

Back at Man City isn't he? Would be good to see him at a club where he gets game time

he ain't even training right now.. living it up in melbourne with his cuz.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

johnszasz - 9 Mar 2020 12:29 AM
Bunch of Hacks - 8 Mar 2020 11:36 PM
Imagine if this forum had been around in the Kewell days? Wouldn't have enough dial up to vent :D

Kewell had done more by 21 than Rogic has done in his entire career.
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

saweston - 7 May 2020 12:00 PM

Contract with Man City for another year. Probably get loaned out somewhere in Europe soon- maybe belgian, danish or bundesliga the last i heard?
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

So it seems Copa 90 Youtube will sort the  Suwon game for me tomorrow. Optus are showing it and all the promotion is picking up. 
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/fighting-fit-arzani-opens-up-on-celtic-frustration-as-next-career-step-looms
Arzani aiming for Dutch league 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xRIaHZvjipo&feature=emb_title

Worldwide K league official 

Can't find the COPA90 YouTube stream as yet. 

Which stream is Simon Hill apparently commentating on? 
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend

Taggart, Antonis both starting

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Aussies Abroad is back! 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

How good is this? Simon Hill is commentating the official K League worldwide stream. Bloke is a gem. Just finished his biography.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

How good are the club themed face masks lol, sponsor and all.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

johnszasz - 8 May 2020 8:01 PM
How good is this? Simon Hill is commentating the official K League worldwide stream. Bloke is a gem. Just finished his biography.

The football's back, Aussies abroad are playing, and Simon Hill is on the mic. You love to see it.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Yellow for Taggart for a high boot.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search