The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

Author
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Melbcityguy - 4 May 2020 7:00 PM
aufc_ole - 3 May 2020 9:44 PM

I haven’t seen a show that good since breaking bad.

lalo Salamanca is the best villain I’ve seen 

Agreed. The last scene of the last ep got my hyped for season 6
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

aufc_ole - 5 May 2020 10:13 PM

Agreed. The last scene of the last ep got my hyped for season 6

Except now you have to wait almost a full year.  Bloody nightmare.

Remember when TV shows had runs of 20 or so episodes a season?

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
aufc_ole - 3 May 2020 9:44 PM

I haven’t seen a show that good since breaking bad.

lalo Salamanca is the best villain I’ve seen 

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Mexican-American actor Tony Dalton who plays Lalo is no relation to Timothy, but I can't say I don't see a resemblence!
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

paladisious - 3 May 2020 11:02 PM
Have we talked about Money Heist in this thread yet?

Let's just say maybe Melbourne Victory should keep Salvachua's contract, just in case he takes another career opportunity, just saying...

Loved Money Heist !
Had the wife and I captivated - there isn't one character from the Professor team you didn't like imo and how well they were casted.
What a plan, bloody loved how he predicted and 5moves ahead.
Shame S2 has gone pear shaped some but thats typical.
Noticed Berlin (Pedro Alonso) is in another movie on Netflix just released.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

F is for family season 4 coming next month if you like family guy type humor  
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

LFC. - 6 May 2020 10:34 AM
paladisious - 3 May 2020 11:02 PM

Loved Money Heist !
Had the wife and I captivated - there isn't one character from the Professor team you didn't like imo and how well they were casted.
What a plan, bloody loved how he predicted and 5moves ahead.
Shame S2 has gone pear shaped some but thats typical.
Noticed Berlin (Pedro Alonso) is in another movie on Netflix just released.

Definitely a drop off in quality across the board in season 2, which is weird because that was bankrolled by Netfix, but still a good show.
I like having Tokyo as an unreliable narrator, the show is from her perspective and she seems so cool, but actually she's impulsive and aggressive and only screws up and harms others. Terrific casting all around as you mention. Great to see a show from somewhere other than usual make it big.
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

a real shame S2 dropped off.
Tokyo is brilliant yet there's that trigger where she lose's the plot risking all very true......

A funny movie watched the other night on netflix, The Wrong Missy with David Spade.
Some funny scenes.

Love Football

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

The Last Dance goes alright. Jordan is such an asshole but you can't not respect his level of competitiveness. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 18 May 2020 12:14 PM
The Last Dance goes alright. Jordan is such an asshole but you can't not respect his level of competitiveness. 

yep Last Dance I've enjoyed as well.
I understand his pov, a winner is a winner - harsh yes at times but he put it on all his fellow players not just one more than another, either stand up or not/out.....some of the players as they say, they got it even though at first it pissed them off.
This doco is the first BB one I've ever watched for I couldn't ignore what Jordan had done.
What pressure - got to hand it to him.
Telling the wife he's been the - Pele or Maradona - Messi - Ronaldo type of "winners".
Probably Maradona/Ronaldo would be the assholes of those 4 I expect :)

Love Football

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

LFC. - 18 May 2020 12:24 PM

I understand his pov, a winner is a winner - harsh yes at times but he put it on all his fellow players not just one more than another, either stand up or not/out.....some of the players as they say, they got it even though at first it pissed them off.
This doco is the first BB one I've ever watched for I couldn't ignore what Jordan had done.
Telling the wife he's been the - Pele or Maradona - Messi - Ronaldo type of "winners".

I kinda forgot just how huge basketball and Michael Jordan was at the time. I was massively into it too, went to a Sydney Kings BB camp and everything.  No wonder the NBLs heyday was during that period. Purely a flow on effect. You can see something similar with Messi and Ronaldo in football over the last 10 years. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer it was huge back then, he was the inspiration.
Other things in this Last Dance that I didn't really care to read about back then was his so called gambling and the media as they usually do spice things up.
To him whatever he spent was chicken feed the kind of coin he was on but they beat it up.
Then worse was his Fathers murder. Imagine the world of hurt he would have been in and some in the press were linking him, like WTF.
Another huge one re his skill set, going to baseball for BB had sapped him up.
Amazing doing 2yrs and they say he could have turned Pro.
To then come back into the court cauldrom and following year kick butt kudos to him and the team.
I hope our Luke gets some more air time pardon the pun in the next ones for they are saying this was the best Bull's team.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Last Dance finished last night.
What a well done sports doco, one of those series wish would never end.
I take my hat off to MJ/Phil Jackson/Pippen and their entire squad - would have loved Luke getting some more airtime.

Love Football

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

oooo shit I better not read any of the Better Call Saul posts.  Still have to watch the more recent seasons.  

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I have played football with and against former Socceroos and for the most part, most were incredibly demanding of their teammates. 
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

LFC. - 18 May 2020 12:24 PM

I've heard people say "oh he's an asshole" blah blah blah.

At the end of the day i totally get it.
To be THAT elite at your chosen sport you need a combination of talent, pure drive, determination, dedication and self assurance to be at the peak of the game.

He would be no different in his standards to say a Zlatan as a footballing example.

If he took his foot off the pedal, accepted lower standards he woudn't be the player we remember him for.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes mate I see it completely re Jordan, very rare any toptop of the heap sportsperson is Mr wonderful personality.

Anyone seen Operation Odessa doco netflix ?
Man o man what a caper that was.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Jeffrey Epstein documentary is interesting 
Abbey Wackrow
Abbey Wackrow
Under 7s
Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 5 May 2020 10:33 PM
aufc_ole - 5 May 2020 10:13 PM

Remember when TV shows had runs of 20 or so episodes a season?

I hate to wait for new episode every week....its good that many platforms releases all episodes in once go now ;)  

Any one watched WACO series its supper good!! some may find it pro cult and vomit inducing plus you have to hump through american version of Netflix for this

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Just started Defending Jacob after finishing The Tunnel Season 1.

Both recommended.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

So jules, pala, whoever else was involved in the conversation - Netflix went ahead and removed the Advanced D&D episode from their platform. I'm really confused how they can hook the Boosh completely, yet only remove one episode of Community? Anyway, for any new fans first off I feel sorry they haven't had this show in their lives for the last decade but then I also feel sorry for them that in future eps when Fat Neil drops they played D&D, when Abed brings up that Pierce raped the Dusquene family, and the entire second D&D ep with multiple references to doing a repeat, I sympathise with their confusion. All because of a dark elf. Still blows my mind that out of all the self-aware racism that show portrays, they hammer down on this one lone example. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

@PB.  Season 2 of the Boys is about to drop.  Thanks for putting me on to that.   Awesome show.

Rewatching the first season now with the kids.  They're loving it.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-shows/what-to-stream-this-week-searching-ted-lasso-dirty-john-the-boys-and-more/news-story/bc2af7cd61c99751eb9a3876acbbc1fd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rueu_fh30

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

The daughter and wife got me into watching The Good Girls.
A softish similar line towards Ozark.
Overall not bad viewing.

Currently into S2 of BlackList that is doing a good job keeping me going back for more..

Love Football

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 11 Aug 2020 5:40 PM
@PB.  Season 2 of the Boys is about to drop.  Thanks for putting me on to that.   Awesome show.

Rewatching the first season now with the kids.  They're loving it.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-shows/what-to-stream-this-week-searching-ted-lasso-dirty-john-the-boys-and-more/news-story/bc2af7cd61c99751eb9a3876acbbc1fd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rueu_fh30

No wukkas mate, strangely addictive show hey haha

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Can't seem to find the movie thread so I'll just drop this here - watching Tenet tomorrow (Y)
Muz
Muz
Legend

4 EPs into The Great Heist.  Excellent viewing so far. 2 EPs to go.

Member since 2008.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

The social dilemma was really good on Netflix 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Melbcityguy - 12 Sep 2020 7:08 AM
The social dilemma was really good on Netflix 

I'll have to look into this when I finish other stuff I'm mid through but is it not surprising being a social dilemma.

I've just started the first month free on Prime.
Like seeing alot of football doco's as All or Nothing.
Nearing end of Spurs and Mourinho, not surprising how he plays the mind games with players and all but good to hear players own pov's on matters and pre game meetings etc.....

I'm nearing the end of Black List on netflix.

Love Football

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Cobra Kai. Binged both seasons in a day.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

NicCarBel - 26 Sep 2020 2:05 PM
Cobra Kai. Binged both seasons in a day.

I watched 1 episode on YouTube red when it first came out.  I should actually finish it lol
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search