The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Waz - 21 Feb 2021 11:33 AM
Roar in me Blood - 21 Feb 2021 11:30 AM

Can’t argue with that. 

The biggest problem in this side is the distribution from the keeper and Brown, how many chances did he give Sydney through poor positioning. 

I would add a definitive DM is needed as well but Akbari did okay yesterday. 

the only argument i have with that is if we need more control and distribution in the last 30 so moon has told macca to play slow from the start, why start him at all. surely you start one of the other strikers and bring macca on at half time. this would save DWH from overloading himself making up for macca not doing anything as well as tire out the defence with champness/parsons/gol gol/ kudo told to run the defence into the ground in the opening half. 

cant argue that we need macca less because others have grown into their roles (picking up Riku was also a big bonus as well), but at some point his use to the team starts to be a drag. 

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

thekingmb - 22 Feb 2021 3:52 PM
Brisbane have recently come up against teams in the top 6 who actually know how to defend and have now gone scoreless in 3 games. Are Brisbane in trouble? 

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

The king is back.  Yep 2nd on the ladder would suggest a massive malaise.  
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

There is no doubt Roar need some fine tuning with their attack.
Long balls and crosses to DWH is not that smart.Defences will never be that worried unless there is some badluck with a bounce.
Get the ball to his feet in the box and he is pretty accurate with his shots.
We still dont  know what Kudo can do.Because noone has passed him the ball yet.
Golgol may add some intrigue.But like Kudo he probably needs a lot of game time to get his touch.
So hopefully some improvement  to come.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

aok - 22 Feb 2021 5:57 PM

Yeah but you’re ignoring our away form 🥴

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

sirhcdobo - 22 Feb 2021 5:11 PM
Waz - 21 Feb 2021 11:33 AM

the only argument i have with that is if we need more control and distribution in the last 30 so moon has told macca to play slow from the start, why start him at all. surely you start one of the other strikers and bring macca on at half time. this would save DWH from overloading himself making up for macca not doing anything as well as tire out the defence with champness/parsons/gol gol/ kudo told to run the defence into the ground in the opening half. 

cant argue that we need macca less because others have grown into their roles (picking up Riku was also a big bonus as well), but at some point his use to the team starts to be a drag. 

Without Macca to be at least a bit crafty from the start we risk a lot of headless chook attacks. We'd be looking to O'Shea to break open the middle and feed our forwards - but we would not have the calm that Macca can still bring under pressure. O'Shea will beat a player or two by speed of foot and skill over distance, where Macca will use the ball to do that. Having both options is an advantage for us as defenders are torn by smart passing from one and destructive runs from the other (not that O'Shea can't pick a pass too mind you - just always seems so busy when he is doing it).

3 goal scorers without someone calm to guide them from the start is likely to allow other teams to be more settled in defence because they have less to fear from us bombing the high ball to DWH or passing to their keeper in hope.

One thing that Sydney possesses that we don't in my mind is consistently using the ball to build their attacks through positioning. We have O'Shea, who will take the ball at his feet and beat a player or two. He then passes to DWH maybe, who also tries to beat his player before shooting. Sydney on the other hand have players in such dangerous spaces that they just have to pass the ball to them to create the opportunity - rather than having to beat an opponent. Fight your enemy where he is not.

Macca from the start still adds value to me. Without him I think we would have an even more tired DWH and Danzaki from trying to run past defenders by the time Macca came on to give them the guidance.

We are not mature enough as an attacking side to do it without the skill of an experienced, calm and capable general yet.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Mells has been released. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Mello-D - 23 Feb 2021 9:38 PM
Mells has been released. 

One of those players that you just never got to see in orange. I always think it a shame when we don't get to see them play with the team to at least have some understanding of their abilities and qualities.

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 23 Feb 2021 9:52 PM
Mello-D - 23 Feb 2021 9:38 PM

One of those players that you just never got to see in orange. I always think it a shame when we don't get to see them play with the team to at least have some understanding of their abilities and qualities.

There’s normally a reason tbh. 

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Waz - 24 Feb 2021 7:07 AM
Roar in me Blood - 23 Feb 2021 9:52 PM

There’s normally a reason tbh. 

I agree with that and if he was a triallist I would be content never to see him play in the main team. If he just did not have something crucial and had come in and lost us a game or two I would no doubt be questioning his selection - just I find it hard to equate his signing with such a limited return. Maybe he was seen as a third replacement for O'Shea who did not have the decency to get injured enough, or a Pepper 'anytime anyplace anywhere' handy squaddie that just never fitted the occasion.

Not disputing his lack of game time. My fault for not getting out to training and seeing more of him to be fair.

Mells Snr
Mells Snr
Under 7s
Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 24 Feb 2021 10:46 AM
Waz - 24 Feb 2021 7:07 AM

I agree with that and if he was a triallist I would be content never to see him play in the main team. If he just did not have something crucial and had come in and lost us a game or two I would no doubt be questioning his selection - just I find it hard to equate his signing with such a limited return. Maybe he was seen as a third replacement for O'Shea who did not have the decency to get injured enough, or a Pepper 'anytime anyplace anywhere' handy squaddie that just never fitted the occasion.

Not disputing his lack of game time. My fault for not getting out to training and seeing more of him to be fair.

Good Morning I’ve just been informed your taking about my Son. I’m George Mells Snr if you want to know about  George. I suggest you talk to Jamie Young, Scott McDonald, Jay O’Shea, Cory Brown. There you will find your answer. I’m not used to posting here so please have some respect. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Mells Snr - 24 Feb 2021 11:07 AM

Good Morning I’ve just been informed your taking about my Son. I’m George Mells Snr if you want to know about  George. I suggest you talk to Jamie Young, Scott McDonald, Jay O’Shea, Cory Brown. There you will find your answer. I’m not used to posting here so please have some respect. 

If you are who you say you are, then welcome to posting.

I am not able to chat to those players, I doubt they would tell me anything that you do not feel comfortable including in your post, and have no way of even telling whether you think they would support him or pay out on him.

Please include something more in your post to explain what you know.

If you are not who you claim to be, and perhaps have posted before with another fine name, like Theo for example, then fair enough - but again, please explain something of what you know rather than just saying 'go find out and you will know'.

Mells Snr
Mells Snr
Under 7s
Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 24 Feb 2021 12:14 PM

If you are who you say you are, then welcome to posting.

I am not able to chat to those players, I doubt they would tell me anything that you do not feel comfortable including in your post, and have no way of even telling whether you think they would support him or pay out on him.

Please include something more in your post to explain what you know.

If you are not who you claim to be, and perhaps have posted before with another fine name, like Theo for example, then fair enough - but again, please explain something of what you know rather than just saying 'go find out and you will know'.

I am amazed that you have no connection to these players. But nevertheless I’m on Twitter and Instagram. It is never right for a father to comment on his children. Unless there in trouble Have you access to Barcelona Guillermo Amor? Rangers Michael Beale, they are good people and honest. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Mells Snr - 24 Feb 2021 1:01 PM

I am amazed that you have no connection to these players. But nevertheless I’m on Twitter and Instagram. It is never right for a father to comment on his children. Unless there in trouble Have you access to Barcelona Guillermo Amor? Rangers Michael Beale, they are good people and honest. 

I am not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram - just choose to have nothing to do with those platforms.

And now you point me to two other people I have no access to. Do they have knowledge of what Roar is doing too?

Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Amazed that fans have no connection to be able to ask direct questions to players? And asking if you have access to Gui Amor and Michael Beale?
????????????
AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)

Young Mells was, supposedly, alright when he was young. Doesn't always translate as they grow up. As we know, reputation in football, in this country,  lasts for years and
years.

AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)

Every player, whether we agree or not, who makes a NYL squad is a good to excellent player. Only a few make it.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Keeper66 - 24 Feb 2021 1:30 PM

Amazed that fans have no connection to be able to ask direct questions to players? And asking if you have access to Gui Amor and Michael Beale?
????????????

One would almost question the author's authenticity given the lack of relevance to the issue being discussed...but not for me to doubt what I read on this forum...;)

Would prefer people to post what they know 'as their opinion' at least rather than the "when you hear what is going on you will be disgusted" type of posts we sometimes get.

I saw a fine quote in a signature block on a caravanning forum the other day.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet.   Abraham Lincoln"

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 24 Feb 2021 2:36 PM
Keeper66 - 24 Feb 2021 1:30 PM

One would almost question the author's authenticity given the lack of relevance to the issue being discussed...but not for me to doubt what I read on this forum...;)

Would prefer people to post what they know 'as their opinion' at least rather than the "when you hear what is going on you will be disgusted" type of posts we sometimes get.

I saw a fine quote in a signature block on a caravanning forum the other day.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet.   Abraham Lincoln"

What were you doing on a caravanning forum, lol?

In a resort somewhere

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

paulc - 24 Feb 2021 3:02 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess he was discussing caravans ..... and possibly how to drive really slow on highways.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Waz
Waz
Legend

Anyone who either is in the public eye or has someone close to them in the public eye has my sympathy. Everyone has an opinion and to see that posted can be challenging. 

If it were me I think I’d stay clear of social media - there be devils. George moves on, and I would say goes with the best wishes of most if not all Roar fans. 

“Why” has nothing to do with Roar fans - we support, not pick players. There’s been plenty of “if only you knew” type posts on here which some how seems pointless - the workplace is full of ‘two sides to every story’ so I’d say “we” get that and react accordingly. 

All the best to you and young George. He is a good player. 

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Where do you go to talk to sensible people? :P

Actually I have been casually looking at caravans for over a year now. If you have ever travelled with a camper trailer and had to set it up every evening and take it down every morning you would know my pain.

Best place to get info on football is a football forum. Best place to get info on problems with vans...

We don't all own resorts :(

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

Disappointed not to have seen Mells play at least some games over his time at Roar. 

Opportunities sometimes come and sometimes don't. 

However over that period of time surely some opportunities much have come his way, so we are left in the dark. 

In any case, chin up George, you are and will always be a better player than me!!

small consolation maybe but we wish you good luck. 

Larrygdwl
Larrygdwl
Under 7s
Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)

GoalGola is really fast with very good technic. Kai played much much better than he played against Newcastle. We need Josh Brindell-South as the centre back with  Tom Aldred and move as defending or attacking midfielder Gillesphey Corey Brown could play as a left-winger ( Melbourne Victory used him as a left-winger) Akbari played very well as a Dnazaki and O'Shea DWH is running everywhere but we need to play with a long ball and to use him more productively. I can not say anything about Champness and Kudo. McDonald is perfect.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 24 Feb 2021 5:04 PM

Where do you go to talk to sensible people? :P

Actually I have been casually looking at caravans for over a year now. If you have ever travelled with a camper trailer and had to set it up every evening and take it down every morning you would know my pain.

Best place to get info on football is a football forum. Best place to get info on problems with vans...

We don't all own resorts :(

Good on you. I hired a luxury 21ft van a few months ago to gauge my interest and and see if the resorts 😝 have generous parking spaces. The camping at wineries was a bonus find. Imagine being able to get to your accommodation by crawling lol. 🍷 🍷 🍷 

In a resort somewhere

Edited
3 Years Ago by paulc
Waz
Waz
Legend

Scotty out. Aldred in. 
paulc
paulc
Legend

Waz - 25 Feb 2021 3:41 PM
Scotty out. Aldred in. 

Recovered already? Miracle!!!!!

In a resort somewhere

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Waz - 25 Feb 2021 3:41 PM
Scotty out. Aldred in. 

Aldred in is huge. Hope we aren't risking him.

It is good to be excited before every game :)

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Kudo and Parsons both in the extended squad at this point.

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

Larrygdwl - 25 Feb 2021 6:36 AM

GoalGola is really fast with very good technic. Kai played much much better than he played against Newcastle. We need Josh Brindell-South as the centre back with  Tom Aldred and move as defending or attacking midfielder Gillesphey Corey Brown could play as a left-winger ( Melbourne Victory used him as a left-winger) Akbari played very well as a Dnazaki and O'Shea DWH is running everywhere but we need to play with a long ball and to use him more productively. I can not say anything about Champness and Kudo. McDonald is perfect.

You make some good assessment but I'm not for shifting Gillesphey out of the back line. 
He is part of the reason our defence is reasonably solid. Aldred and Gillesphey have built up a decent partnership that can be managed in a 4 or 3 man backline with whoever else in my view. 
Why risk it ??
If you don't concede you don't lose. 
Gillespheys forays forward throw an extra man into the attack at times, suddenly causing an overload. I like that. 
And it had paid dividends and will again. 
But it's good to see sensible discussion on the forum. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search