European Super league.

European Super league.

Author
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
tsf - 20 Apr 2021 4:46 PM
Football was so authentic before this....95k genuine scousers supporting their local club liverpool, in their kits doing a mix of karaoke and bumbling through 'you will never walk alone' at the MCG on that historic night will testify to that

football hasn't been authentic for almost two decades now.
But was does an exhibition match, half way around the world got to do anything with ESL that will be the demise of all footballing pyramids? 

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Midfielder - 19 Apr 2021 11:16 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 19 Apr 2021 11:13 PM

Very very very depressing we let the money people in and they don't give a flying F .... its all about making more money....

damn those money people forcing the players to take the millions and all for kicking a ball.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 20 Apr 2021 3:16 PM
"A plastic competition, watched by plastic fans, of plastic clubs. These might as well be new clubs, in a new league, and newly moulded, in plastic,” he wrote.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/european-super-league-fury-at-snake-americans-for-killing-football/news-story/90649f949f9175eacc88a88a1eee4cba

Ouch, thats gotta hurt the feelings of a few on here...
They can rail and rant all they want in Europe though, this is happening. Like someone wrote on the other thread, The financiers of this couldn't care less about the average football supporter in England, Italy or Spain... What do they care if no one at Anfield or Trafford speaks English next year and its full of selfie snapping tourists? There are millions and millions of pimply Asian and North American kids sitting in front of their tablets and Iphones fondling themselves in their Real Madrid and Juve tops hassling mum and dad to subscribe as soon as possible.
It absolutely sucks balls for the true fans but financially, to the investors, it could be a huge goldmine .... why the Aleage owners think they can sustain the same thing is a different story all together here .. their customers are walking away and nobody in the rest of the world cares.
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I  guess the Lesson  to  be be  learned  here  is  that  Times  change s &you  have  to  change  with   the Times , and  Promotoin  &Relagating  is  just  a  old model  of  a  bygone  era.  Even  the  founding  Fathers   of  our  beLoved  Aleague   knew   that!  
Its  obvious  now  whythe  F.A   has   NO  PLAN   for  promoting  &relagation .
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 20 Apr 2021 5:49 PM

.. their customers are walking away and nobody in the rest of the world cares.

Someone quote an exec who said that the A-League is surprisingly popular overseas.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Ouch, thats gotta hurt the feelings of a few on here...
They can rail and rant all they want in Europe though, this is happening. Like someone wrote on the other thread, The financiers of this couldn't care less about the average football supporter in England, Italy or Spain... What do they care if no one at Anfield or Trafford speaks English next year and its full of selfie snapping tourists? There are millions and millions of pimply Asian and North American kids sitting in front of their tablets and Iphones fondling themselves in their Real Madrid and Juve tops hassling mum and dad to subscribe as soon as possible.
It absolutely sucks balls for the true fans but financially, to the investors, it could be a huge goldmine .... why the Aleage owners think they can sustain the same thing is a different story all together here .. their customers are walking away and nobody in the rest of the world cares.

Have to laugh at Luzy Zelic, Rugari, Foster, Schwarzer and all these other journos and commentators railing against this new league with absolute no sense of irony that the A League is supposedly what they all hate.

Member since 2008.

GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

I'm surprised that they haven't courted Celtic and Rangers as members of the ESL
kill off the SPL in one go

Edited
3 Years Ago by GDeathe
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 20 Apr 2021 9:11 PM

Have to laugh at Luzy Zelic, Rugari, Foster, Schwarzer and all these other journos and commentators railing against this new league with absolute no sense of irony that the A League is supposedly what they all hate.

Zelic and Foster have never really supported the A-League.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

GDeathe - 20 Apr 2021 9:19 PM
I'm surprised that they haven't courted Celtic and Rangers as members of the ESL
kill of the SPL in one go

I believe there’s rumours
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 20 Apr 2021 9:53 PM

He was the face of that abortion that was going to play out of 3 stadiums down Sutherland way.

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Best one I heard today was that the difference between ESL and Aleague is that by not having relegation in the Aleague this is protecting teams from going into financial ruin and folding...... by a Newcastle fan .... hahaha I have been laughing since lunch time.....
Also a Victory supporting mate tells me he is praying for UEFA/FIFA to punish all of CFGs clubs and he hopes Melbourne City get enough of a point deduction to drop them below Victory on the table....... hahahahah
This whole thing would  be such a huge hilarious thing to watch unfold if  not for the few true fans of some of these clubs involved.... I'm a 35-40 year fan of both Liverpool and Barca but not really going to care one way or the other, my respect for these clubs has just disappeared  but I know a lot of people are hurting by this and considering the year we've all had its not good. 
As for Rugari and his ilk ... what the f@ck does that muppet know? He is so busy defending his indefensible hypocrisy that he is slowly disappearing up his own asshole, just like the APL who must be horrified by how many of their "customers" here are pissed off by this... I can imagine DiPietro and the fruit shop boys  all in zoom meetings going " hope the plebs in Australia don't put two and two together and realise we've been getting away with this shit for 16 years"
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I  dunno , it just  make  me   Wonder  why  we   have  All  being  worshipping  at  the  alter  of  promoting &relagation  ,  a  relic  of  the  past , a   hangover  from  last  century  - -  when  theFuture   was  right   under  our  Very   own  noses !!
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

And as quick as that the rebellion was over 
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Burztur - 21 Apr 2021 5:37 AM
And as quick as that the rebellion was over 

Yes, but the intent was there and always will be. They played their hand and it will be just a matter of time when the planets align a bit better for the clubs.

In a resort somewhere

huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 20 Apr 2021 11:27 PM

Best one I heard today was that the difference between ESL and Aleague is that by not having relegation in the Aleague this is protecting teams from going into financial ruin and folding...... by a Newcastle fan .... hahaha I have been laughing since lunch time.....
Also a Victory supporting mate tells me he is praying for UEFA/FIFA to punish all of CFGs clubs and he hopes Melbourne City get enough of a point deduction to drop them below Victory on the table....... hahahahah
This whole thing would  be such a huge hilarious thing to watch unfold if  not for the few true fans of some of these clubs involved.... I'm a 35-40 year fan of both Liverpool and Barca but not really going to care one way or the other, my respect for these clubs has just disappeared  but I know a lot of people are hurting by this and considering the year we've all had its not good. 
As for Rugari and his ilk ... what the f@ck does that muppet know? He is so busy defending his indefensible hypocrisy that he is slowly disappearing up his own asshole, just like the APL who must be horrified by how many of their "customers" here are pissed off by this... I can imagine DiPietro and the fruit shop boys  all in zoom meetings going " hope the plebs in Australia don't put two and two together and realise we've been getting away with this shit for 16 years"

Laugh away, if relegation occurred in the ALeague the comp would shrink to 6 team (max) as the others would fold, team's to fold if religated CCM, Newy, Brissie, Wellington, Perth, and the new team's too.
And you think a 3000  person crowds from SM, will cut the mustard?
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro

paulc - 21 Apr 2021 6:48 AM
Burztur - 21 Apr 2021 5:37 AM

Yes, but the intent was there and always will be. They played their hand and it will be just a matter of time when the planets align a bit better for the clubs.

That goes for both sides.  Now that the intent of the club owner is out in the open, UEFA will do things to makes sure the clubs do not get any more powerful.  They might even do things to make them less powerful. 

Edited
3 Years Ago by Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro

huddo - 21 Apr 2021 8:14 AM

Laugh away, if relegation occurred in the ALeague the comp would shrink to 6 team (max) as the others would fold, team's to fold if religated CCM, Newy, Brissie, Wellington, Perth, and the new team's too.

Spot on.  Relegation is a not starter.

huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 21 Apr 2021 8:18 AM
paulc - 21 Apr 2021 6:48 AM

That goes for both sides.  Now that the intent of the club owner is out in the open, UEFA will do things to makes sure the clubs do not get any more powerful.  They might even do things to make them less powerful. 

It's a good point, if you know these bastards endgame, you ensure they never get a sniff of it ever again, if CL does expand it be giving the smaller league's the positions
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

I don't understand how people can be anti-Super League but pro-A League. It's the same concept.

This is going to be a controversial opinion but it is my opinion. I think people need to realise that these owners have realised that these clubs are global brands and people will pay to watch them, whatever league they decide to play in. I think football fans are also at fault.. clubs were created to represent a geographical area and yet we have people on here who support clubs in London, Manchester, etc and they've never even travelled to that city for a holiday, let alone lived there. Watching them on TV is not the same, no matter what reasons you want to give me.
tomw
tomw
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

huddo - 21 Apr 2021 8:22 AM
Enzo Bearzot - 21 Apr 2021 8:18 AM

It's a good point, if you know these bastards endgame, you ensure they never get a sniff of it ever again, if CL does expand it be giving the smaller league's the positions

They've known they want this for a bloody long time already.

huddo
huddo
Pro

theFOOTBALLlover - 21 Apr 2021 8:44 AM
I don't understand how people can be anti-Super League but pro-A League. It's the same concept.

This is going to be a controversial opinion but it is my opinion. I think people need to realise that these owners have realised that these clubs are global brands and people will pay to watch them, whatever league they decide to play in. I think football fans are also at fault.. clubs were created to represent a geographical area and yet we have people on here who support clubs in London, Manchester, etc and they've never even travelled to that city for a holiday, let alone lived there. Watching them on TV is not the same, no matter what reasons you want to give me.

Ones and endgame play looking to crush competition, the other is a safety net that is forming the security needed for growth.
Thought it was pretty simple.

As for the club's being a global brand that is above the game, their clubs was built on the back of the EFL, so the idea that their some how above it is rediculous, Leicester is well on the way to joining the super clubs, does this mean their progress should be stopped because it's legitimate competition to the big 6?
huddo
huddo
Pro

tomw - 21 Apr 2021 8:56 AM
huddo - 21 Apr 2021 8:22 AM

They've known they want this for a bloody long time already.

Chamberlain appeased Hitler, no one wants war but it comes sometimes and when it does you wanna make sure your ready.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

huddo - 21 Apr 2021 9:01 AM

Ones and endgame play looking to crush competition, the other is a safety net that is forming the security needed for growth.
Thought it was pretty simple.

As for the club's being a global brand that is above the game, their clubs was built on the back of the EFL, so the idea that their some how above it is rediculous, Leicester is well on the way to joining the super clubs, does this mean their progress should be stopped because it's legitimate competition to the big 6?

I have to strongly disagree with you on your opinion of the A-league.

In regards to the Super League, my point was that football fans created a monster by supporting clubs that have no connection to. Support your local club.
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

THIS!
Pick and choose the concept when it suits them.... 

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

huddo
huddo
Pro

theFOOTBALLlover - 21 Apr 2021 9:10 AM
huddo - 21 Apr 2021 9:01 AM

I have to strongly disagree with you on your opinion of the A-league.

In regards to the Super League, my point was that football fans created a monster by supporting clubs that have no connection to. Support your local club.

I strongly disagree with you on your position about the Aleague.

I think the being a fans fault, and this being because a club is too popular is also rediculous, this is all down to team's not liking losses, if you go 400 million in the hole, and it doesn't improve your standing on thats, that's on your recruitment, not on supporters who expect a standard, or other clubs that beat you, this is squarely on the owner.
maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

I think a lot of people that are pro-A-league are also in favour of pro/rel in the A-league.

Whether you agree with the argument or not, the closed shop A-league was implemented to protect the clubs from the financial costs of relegation so they could attract investment from owners to build a league strong enough for our players to develop in. Those owners wouldn't have put in money if they didn't have that assurance. I personally don't think this worked but I understand the theory of it. A-league clubs are also not historic clubs - they were created exclusively to exist in this environment. 

The ESL is about making money. The owners came in and snatched clubs that were built by their communities over the course of a century, clubs that were only valuable in the first place because they succeeded in the performance-based environment that the ESL is trying to isolate and protect itself from. Now that they sit at the top they're trying to pull the ladder up to stop anyone doing what they did.

huddo
huddo
Pro

19-SU-58 - 21 Apr 2021 9:17 AM

THIS!
Pick and choose the concept when it suits them.... 

It's not picking and choosing, it's Horses for Coarse, we can't afford to have an open comp at this time in Australia (although I'd like to see it in the future), they can't afford to have a closed comp in Europe (As it would destroy 150 years of history, and probably multiple smaller clubs).
Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 20 Apr 2021 9:53 PM

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

huddo - 21 Apr 2021 8:14 AM

Why would professional clubs fold when relegated? Dont they have fans that would still suppoort them in the lower tiers and sponsors that would stick with them? How did the ex NSL clubs survive their relegation (actually being excluded from top flight for 17 years is a fate much worse than relegation)?
Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)

maxxie - 21 Apr 2021 9:18 AM

I think a lot of people that are pro-A-league are also in favour of pro/rel in the A-league.

You're either ProPyramid or not

The A-League is a closed shop

If you're Pro A-league, you're Pro Closed-Shop

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search