Coronavirus Megathread

Coronavirus Megathread

Author
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 1 Oct 2021 11:52 AM
Davide82 - 1 Oct 2021 10:57 AM

I'll put up with masks in closed areas/office etc but the first moment i'm out in fresh air fuck no its off.
I also can't believe how many on the ir own in the car have them on, like wtf.
If with a non family member I get it - if with fam and they are vaxxed no worries.
Walking around on the streets, the walkers in my burb some with masks, seriously I think wtf.

Oh congrats mate - sorry about the back.

Oh yeah I agree.
I rip it off the second my first foot has crossed over the doorway of wherever I am!
Might have to start beeping drivers I see alone in their cars with one on ha ha

If they carry it on much longer I'll just ask my doctor for an exemption letter.
Say I have anxiety and shallow breathing from claustrophobic feelings.
It's half (well, maybe 1/5th) true anyway.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Davide82 - 1 Oct 2021 12:26 PM
LFC. - 1 Oct 2021 11:52 AM

Oh yeah I agree.
I rip it off the second my first foot has crossed over the doorway of wherever I am!
Might have to start beeping drivers I see alone in their cars with one on ha ha

If they carry it on much longer I'll just ask my doctor for an exemption letter.
Say I have anxiety and shallow breathing from claustrophobic feelings.
It's half (well, maybe 1/5th) true anyway.

I think we all do. I get sweaty easily and wearing a mask in summer is going to be a bit more uncomfortable. I reckon it's unlikely mask wearing in shops will end by Christmas though and if you're finding it that difficult then you definitely should get an exemption letter. It's a perfectly valid reason to.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Davide82 - 1 Oct 2021 11:35 AM
tsf - 1 Oct 2021 11:31 AM

And ha ha - 39 is the new 29 for kid nowadays :) 

That's what I said BEFORE I did my back ha ha
Hope you didnt do your back while making the kid old man? Hahahahah sorry mate, jokes.
Congrats on the bambino(a)

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

LFC. - 1 Oct 2021 11:49 AM

When you berate and dictate and punish people do the opposite.

Yeah totally 

Will be interesting to see the NRL this weekend...apparently they took away tickets to now do social distancing. Be interesting to see if they have taken corporates and politician's tickets...

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 1 Oct 2021 10:33 AM
Can't win either way. Gladys haphazard approach obviously screwed us but reality is lockdown gone on far too long. People will not listen now. 
So they face a real challenge at state level, keep restrictions and risk people just not listening - or keep easing them and hope it's enough for people to abide, for example families can visit each other in the house, curfew lifted etc then a week or so later extra people in the house, large groups outside.

The first few lockdowns I abided by them. Now, I have broken curfew a bunch of times and been hanging out with mates, visiting family etc. I have been double vaxxed for months same with all in my family. Whats the point of us doing the right thing of we are forced to still live in a bubble? 

The government had a year to get the vax rates up - they failed, We should not have to suffer, Scotty or Hunt will not face any reprecussions though.

Your not alone on this mate...... I rushed out and was fully vaccinated by end of June......  Its gonna be a rough ol time when even the most law abiding start seeing the futility of it all.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

mcjules - 1 Oct 2021 1:40 PM
Davide82 - 1 Oct 2021 12:26 PM

I think we all do.

Some people genuinely like them though. They have told me themselves. 
You see people walking alone on suburban streets with them.
That can't be for public health.

It's like some people like wearing dark sunnies for that feeling of anonymity.

I agree it's unlikely it will end by xmas. I think it's unlikely to end for another year or more frankly.

The trouble is when there has been an outbreak i have been 100% on board wearing one. We haven't had a case here in how many months? Even when we do, we identify it in the first 1-2 cases. In that time what % of the public could have come into contact with the ONE case?

Having to wear one since the last mini outbreak when Paediatrician Spurier finally lost her mind has meant I have lost so much of the goodwill I have had for 18 months.

Take it off at a table, walk to the counter 1.8 metres and put one on.
All breathing the same recycled air, all touching the same surfaces, touching hands when you pay eftpos, people pulling them down to be understood better.

Go to the footy with 20,000 people not spaced out effectively but don't sing at a bar.
It's all mental.

I also have reasonably bad hearing from years of guitar/drums abuse and I never realised how much I rely on reading people's lips to understand them.

Making myself sound even more old and broken but that part is even more true than the claustrophobia thing. I feel completely left out of conversations in places where they are required.

I know these are petty concerns vs public health and safety but it's just legitimately how I feel and people have to know that even relatively rational people like me are staring to not care anymore.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 Oct 2021 1:48 PM
Hope you didnt do your back while making the kid old man? Hahahahah sorry mate, jokes.
Congrats on the bambino(a)

ha ha nah, initially carrying a 34 kg guitar amp into a car then gardening like a psycho trying to get my lawn nice before my daughter learns to crawl/walk. That's what did it. You keep digging hours past being exhausted you start to lose all good practices. ugh.

Thanks man, she's amazing
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

tsf - 1 Oct 2021 11:31 AM

That's what I said BEFORE I did my back ha ha

Did your back while trying aye?
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 Oct 2021 1:50 PM

Your not alone on this mate...... I rushed out and was fully vaccinated by end of June......  Its gonna be a rough ol time when even the most law abiding start seeing the futility of it all.

This is the thing. Most people (we're at more than 50% vaccinated for adults), have done everything possible and expected of them now. It's a little rough to have full lockdown measures for these people. 

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Burztur - 1 Oct 2021 2:03 PM

Did your back while trying aye?

I'm genuinely laughing at these,  please see above.
In retrospect I left myself wide open there (that's what.............nah)
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

tsf - 1 Oct 2021 1:50 PM

Yeah totally 

Will be interesting to see the NRL this weekend...apparently they took away tickets to now do social distancing. Be interesting to see if they have taken corporates and politician's tickets...

I think they have decreased numbers by 25%, refunded those people.
No chance the corporates were targeted as you'd expect, the cheap seats for sure, they must be so bummed.

There has been word IF their infections go up it might be postponed BUT wait its hot off the press IF things do go sour in the next 24hrs it might get played back in Sydney LOL....
Like wtf.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-grand-final-2021-tickets-covid-outbreak-suncorp-stadium-refund-penrith-panthers-vs-south-sydney-rabbitohs-update/news-story/3fb6edadf3bd89bf4ae05637944c1db6

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Davide82 - 1 Oct 2021 2:06 PM
Burztur - 1 Oct 2021 2:03 PM

I'm genuinely laughing at these,  please see above.
In retrospect I left myself wide open there (that's what.............nah)

Mate if you were the one wide open then you were doing it wrong brother. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry mate that sort of day... you mention 20,000 people at the footy and not being able to sing at a bar???? Mate we havent seen the sun in 230 DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 Oct 2021 2:18 PM

Mate if you were the one wide open then you were doing it wrong brother. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry mate that sort of day... you mention 20,000 people at the footy and not being able to sing at a bar???? Mate we havent seen the sun in 230 DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha 
a) that's not how :"that's what she said" works and
b) I wasn't complaining we can only have 20k etc

I'm saying each rule is more arbitrary than the last and each rule is contradicted by another depending on how important your hobbies are to the people making the rules

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 Oct 2021 2:18 PM

whats a sun? doesnt he play for spurs?

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Can't win either way. Gladys haphazard approach obviously screwed us but reality is lockdown gone on far too long. People will not listen now. 
So they face a real challenge at state level, keep restrictions and risk people just not listening - or keep easing them and hope it's enough for people to abide, for example families can visit each other in the house, curfew lifted etc then a week or so later extra people in the house, large groups outside.

The first few lockdowns I abided by them. Now, I have broken curfew a bunch of times and been hanging out with mates, visiting family etc. I have been double vaxxed for months same with all in my family. Whats the point of us doing the right thing of we are forced to still live in a bubble? 

The government had a year to get the vax rates up - they failed, We should not have to suffer, Scotty or Hunt will not face any reprecussions though.

I hear ya.

Member since 2008.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Davide82 - 1 Oct 2021 1:58 PM
mcjules - 1 Oct 2021 1:40 PM

Some people genuinely like them though. They have told me themselves. 
You see people walking alone on suburban streets with them.
That can't be for public health.

It's like some people like wearing dark sunnies for that feeling of anonymity.

I agree it's unlikely it will end by xmas. I think it's unlikely to end for another year or more frankly.

The trouble is when there has been an outbreak i have been 100% on board wearing one. We haven't had a case here in how many months? Even when we do, we identify it in the first 1-2 cases. In that time what % of the public could have come into contact with the ONE case?

Having to wear one since the last mini outbreak when Paediatrician Spurier finally lost her mind has meant I have lost so much of the goodwill I have had for 18 months.

Take it off at a table, walk to the counter 1.8 metres and put one on.
All breathing the same recycled air, all touching the same surfaces, touching hands when you pay eftpos, people pulling them down to be understood better.

Go to the footy with 20,000 people not spaced out effectively but don't sing at a bar.
It's all mental.

I also have reasonably bad hearing from years of guitar/drums abuse and I never realised how much I rely on reading people's lips to understand them.

Making myself sound even more old and broken but that part is even more true than the claustrophobia thing. I feel completely left out of conversations in places where they are required.

I know these are petty concerns vs public health and safety but it's just legitimately how I feel and people have to know that even relatively rational people like me are staring to not care anymore.

I could go on a rant again about public health measures and why everyone can pick holes in them where they don't work very well but I suspect that'll go down as well as when I tried to explain it Muz. Maybe you (and me, we are the same age) are getting old :laugh: 

I don't know if it's true or not but those interstate truckies that went to the Cross Keys a few weeks back didn't end up causing an outbreak here, the mask wearing in the venue might have had an impact. There may have been other reasons but normally its these sort of enclosed spaces that cause a problem. Entirely speculation but thats why the mask mandate is in place still.

Anyway, I think yours, tsf's etc feelings on the situation are completely understandable. Compliance dropping shouldn't be unexpected and as many have mentioned we should have been in a much better situation than we are now.

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

molnupiravir

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

dirkvanadidas - 2 Oct 2021 1:45 AM
molnupiravir

I'm assuming you have problem with this too?

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

I don't blame you man.
The goodwill of the general population has largely been exhausted I think.

Lots of people in the middle (ie not hardcore pro/anti lockdowns) have had enough and we know if the pollies had done their jobs we would have hit 80% months and months ago.

Frankly I'm pretty close to not wearing a mask anymore too. I fucking hate them, I can't breathe in them and they make me feel faint if it's longer than 5 minutes. The people that wear them alone in their cars or out on the streets when they don't have to drive me bananas too. If they want to live their life in perpetual hiding then go your hardest. I've done it without fail and without complaint up till now but if the rules aren't eased by say Christmas then I'm done.

I know that's gonna rile a lot of people up but if the medicos have their way we will be wearing them for the rest of our lives. They don't have to care about anything but public health (bluebird is right there) and if it were up to them we would all live our lives in hazmat suits with or without covid existing.

Morning rant over. I'm just pissed coz I have a bulging disc in my back that pinched a nerve and have been in constant agony for 4.5 weeks and all my fears of being too old to have my first kid (39) came true before she was even 6 months old and I'm over it aha

On another note, had my 2nd pfizer jab yesterday and haven't really noticed any after effects besides the slightly sore arm so that's good.

Here's me being a chronic asthmatic reading people say they're can't breathe with mask . It gets really annoying when I hear or read people say that.  My last servere case of asthma was during the thunderstorm asthma event and and  that nearly killed me
mcjules
mcjules
World Class

sydneyfc1987 - 2 Oct 2021 11:16 AM
dirkvanadidas - 2 Oct 2021 1:45 AM

I'm assuming you have problem with this too?

I suspect some anti-vaxxers won't have a problem with it which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
It's pretty exciting news though,  tablets that can be given to infected people that they can take at home and dramatically reduces hospitalisation and deaths (not as much as the vaccine but 50% is still pretty good) is going to make a huge difference to ending the pandemic.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

mcjules - 2 Oct 2021 2:59 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 2 Oct 2021 11:16 AM

I suspect some anti-vaxxers won't have a problem with it which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
It's pretty exciting news though,  tablets that can be given to infected people that they can take at home and dramatically reduces hospitalisation and deaths (not as much as the vaccine but 50% is still pretty good) is going to make a huge difference to ending the pandemic.

Oh absolutely it's very promising. 

We clearly need a multi-pronged approach to getting COVID to something we can live with.  A combination of vaccines and post-infection treatments can help us achieve that.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

tsf don't blame you what you've been doing and obviously manymany more there doing the same.
Unfortunately many also wouldn't be vaxxed unlike yourself and your relos.
Many of you also like to get back to Glady - why do you guys bother watching/reading ? I've hardly watched any pressers since this started in my own city (for they drive you nuts) but just read a little to keep informed but overall all I have to do is listen to the fam members they are my informates.

Your cbd issues have run way deeper than ours we experienced in sth west sydney, I'd hate to think where we'd be at IF we had experienced as long lockdowns as you guys for thats  the issue people have got so fed up.
People themselves have to take ownership whats occured But its the powers your under who has forced the behaviour at hand no matter how much you spin its not.
AJF last few lines in his post says it all.
Below is from a melb mate listening to your 3aw :

“You know I am critical of this government, but it’s built by an attitude, I think, which is one of ordering people and bullying them into doing things and not convincing them.
“And when things go wrong – it’s your fault.
“You had a nebuliser, it’s all your fault, you went to a grand final party, you did this, it’s all your fault.
“I think that’s the reason for the depth of this resentment.
“We are not being led and encouraged and having things explained.
“We are being bullied and pushed and threatened.
“And it is driving me up the wall – it’s driving lots of people up the wall – because it is undemocratic and it is unwise.
“It is not the way to lead in a crisis.
“And there has been stuff-up after stuff-up.”
In my mates closing :
Stick Leadership V Carrot Leadership.

When people believe you and trust you they will follow your lead.

When you berate and dictate and punish people do the opposite.

Victoria is exactly where it is because of Dans leadership style.

It's the result of career politicians who live in a shallow bubble and don't engage with the general public beyond token appearances. It's become cliche, but they're out of touch. 

As one example, did anybody see Kerry Chant on those NSW Govt. COVID safe ads a couple of months ago? She sounded like a Primary school teacher explaining to a bunch of kindergarten kids why they're not allowed to go out of bounds.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

well looks like the Melb protesters no matter what angle all these people came from is showing in the infection numbers now more than ever.....
Is this what they wanted ? lol one wonders the screams of freedoms as one angle for some what did they achieve.

As a abiding citizen I'd be so livid, just as I was regards to the sthern sydney people in our city.

Be interesting IF we get a spike in the next week due to the NRL GF.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class

LFC. - 5 Oct 2021 3:23 PM
well looks like the Melb protesters no matter what angle all these people came from is showing in the infection numbers now more than ever.....
Is this what they wanted ? lol one wonders the screams of freedoms as one angle for some what did they achieve.

As a abiding citizen I'd be so livid, just as I was regards to the sthern sydney people in our city.

We're trending downwards and if there was no grand final, the trend would put us around 250 a day when we open up. Testing numbers are down mind you, but if things hover around 600, it may be due to the NRL GF, but at 600 a day, that is hopefully a manageable number for our health system.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I look at it two ways - the protestors are idiots, but that's because they're just generally morons who can't make a clear intelligent point.

As for the GF, frustrating but I can't blame people too much, 

bluebird2
bluebird2
Rising Star
Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)

I like how health officials think 80% double dose is too risky to open up, but if everybody at the NRL GF had put something over their mouth and nose that would have been enough to stop an outbreak at a major event

Interesting to see that its been 100 years since the Spanish Flu outbreak. Despite major breakthroughs in technology, research, communication, global sharing and understanding Australia is still using the same archaic approach

If it wasnt safe enough to have the NRL GF without face masks, then it wasnt safe enough to have it with them. Any outbreaks that result are 100% on the health officials. They are just lucky the number of cases were negligible and the chances somebody infected was actually there would be minimal to none. I can guarentee you they'd be using it to "prove face masks work" so they can be in place for another 100 years

Edited
3 Years Ago by bluebird2
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

To me the very worst deaths I read about daily have been the ones in aged care facility.  Already vulnerable, perhaps alone, perhaps unable to have family visit & to be struck down like that. Those poor oldies wouldn't have had a chance.  I hope the aged care facilities are held accountable for this in some way or moving forward be more rigorous with the health & hygeine of their employees & visitors.  No one should be within coee of those places if they're not double vaccinated, and that means everyone.  
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

tsf - 5 Oct 2021 7:39 PM

I look at it two ways - the protestors are idiots, but that's because they're just generally morons who can't make a clear intelligent point.

As for the GF, frustrating but I can't blame people too much, 

oh for sure the protester/s and hangers on are idiots.

I done get the people who do or have complied relax their mindset mind you.
Its like jumping ship long before its actually sinks into the risk/unknown.
You've gone the hard yards why jeopardise near the end game. (ok as for you guys in Melb what you've been subjected to and how long I'll give the rope but your pushing the boundary at the same time).....
I've only just seen my aging parents twice the last couple of weeks thanks to our 5k radious rule, if we all did the same as so many now who go here there and everywhere hats to become.
I don't get our beachs of late so crowded, not much general distancing.

EZ, I don't see many of our deaths of late are in aged care, sure some but most are people 50/60/70yrs not in aged care unless I'm mistaken.
Most not vaxxed and who knows of their underlying issues and some have never even had a test in some case's.
Its never that clear during the announcements.

I agree on the Aged Care facilities in general as you mention.
Big divide would be the Fed run compared to private.
Speaking from my mother inlaw perspective, she's in a private one from the moment vax's became availabe her facility sent msgs to all carers/family member contacts for vax approval, don't think anyone said no.
The other point apart from no visiting rights was delivery drivers weren't allowed in premise's but consignments dropped off in loading dock no entry.
There has been 2 close contact scenarios with staff that had been addressed.
My wife has had sleepness nights since covid started despite the good management I report, so far so good.

The Fed ones, whoa I feel for them greatly, their aged care management I'm sure there is many failings within and the Gov period.
Very sad scenario for many.

Love Football

tsf
tsf
Legend

Heard someone with Corona talking on the phone today...fucking hell they sounded bad like real bad....gasping for air. 45 years old, fit ...wasn't vaxxed and poor fucker is now panicking, Day 9 of it......
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

Had Pfizer first dose yesterday, Woke up in the middle of the night in a sweat, small head ache, burning sensation on my arm, mild neck and arm pain, and a weird tooth tingling sensation(some people on reddit have reported same thing?). I also had some chest pain on the right side but that might’ve been related to asthma or indigestion(which I had earlier after dinner). Had vivid dreams all night too. 

It was all pretty mild and I was able to get back to sleep without any meds. Woke up in the morning feeling fine and was good all day
Edited
3 Years Ago by Glory Recruit
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search