PARAMOUNT/10 secure Socceroos/Matildas/FFA Cup/Asian Champions League rights

PARAMOUNT/10 secure Socceroos/Matildas/FFA Cup/Asian Champions League...

Author
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
https://10play.com.au/ffa-cup/web-extras/2021/players-perspective-zander-guy/tpv210921tubhk

Have we ever had coverage like this before?  CH10 really starting to make fantastic stuff.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

bettega - 25 Sep 2021 10:00 AM
AnthonyC - 25 Sep 2021 8:18 AM

I'm not sure you can say that as a general rule.

We''ll have to wait and see what transpires on Monday night in this particular case.

Looking across all 12 clubs, there are only 3 or 4 ownership groups which might have a tiny bit of controversy attached to them.  So you wouldn't really call that widespread or a pattern.

From a pure footballing perspective, you could argue that the Jets being owned by three other A-League clubs is a bigger controversy than anything 4 Corners will uncover.

Having said that, there are two clubs where the financial backers are largely anonymous to the football family.   That may or may not be an issue, depends on who these backers are.  You wouldn't want to be backed by a Chinese property developer at this point in time.

The other thing is, and I'm not sure this is an issue at all, but I've often wondered whether foreign ownership of A-League clubs could allow for forms of money laundering.

I am surprised more noise isnt made about this by the gambling houses to be honest. I don't know much about sports gambling to be honest  but isn't this a bit too easy to influence results and corrupt odds etc? I know that there is a culture of owners in Eastern European leagues owning one or two "patsy" teams in the country  but this is usually criminal and done "on the sly" with ownership hidden by other entities/people to get around the illegalities. How is it allowed to be so open and upfront in Australia?
Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Think the push is about to start..... me thinks....

On "The Living Room" last night, WSW full back was a special guest, short story of his career, lots of talk about the A-League, short penalty shots against the shows regulars... was well done... plus saw some Football ads as well...
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

And of the regulars is Argentinian, so you'd hope he'd give it a bit of a push along.

Proud2BeCanberran
Proud2BeCanberran
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

And on Paramount+ now they have Socceroos and Matildas games as well as Asian WCQs.

Be nice if it could get some A-League material there now.
BA81
BA81
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

bettega - 16 Oct 2021 10:29 AM
And of the regulars is Argentinian, so you'd hope he'd give it a bit of a push along.

You mean Miguel? He's from Spain, but point taken.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Tara Rushton returns to the A-Leagues, as Channel 10 and Paramount+ Australia drop their star-studded commentary team for the 2021/22 Season 🎙⚽ https://bit.ly/2XoTAlT #WeAreALeagues
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
FFS, how the fuck did Archie Thompson get the gig 🤮
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Bowden - 19 Oct 2021 8:17 AM

As much as I hate his commentary, he probably works for the casual fans.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

If anyone has seen him on masterchef, why does he seem like a more confident person on that than he does as someone on a football broadcast. 

However if he gets the right training he can be good as a bit of light entertainment, somewhat like bozza  but with less angry rants.
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Interested to see who comms the games Simon and Andy don’t do?
jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

He is the designated larrikin that everyone has been crying out for 

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
jaymz - 19 Oct 2021 9:24 AM

Surely there are larrikins available that can also complete a coherent sentence in front of a camera. That’s got to be a non-negotiable attribute to work in TV. 

Daniel McBreen is one who comes to mind.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I mean, yeah, I was the biggest critic of Thompsons inability to talk coherently on camera for a long BUT I caught one of the last games of the season that he was co-commentator for and he had actually improved a lot.

While that's not saying much, I do think he is getting better and the more comfortable he gets the more his personality will come through and feel less forced.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Bowden - 19 Oct 2021 9:30 AM

Daniel McBreen is one who comes to mind.

I did hope he would get a role for sure.
Would have him over any of the Socceroos panel the other night.

He would really help a Milligan (for example) be less robotic too I think just being next to him.

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

They've definitely gone for a younger group. Archie is the oldest bloke there after Hill and Harper.
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

I certainly was not crying out for this imbecile.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 19 Oct 2021 10:37 AM

I certainly was not crying out for this imbecile.

yer I don't where anyone got that memo re larrikan - throw in archie.
FFS what a random.

Yes Breen has had runs on the board, done ok.
Bowden, maybe his Jets coaching role is his pref ? not sure but I've been around the NPL sidelines last few seasons I can see he loves it, quite animated in his tech area.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

BRFC_92 - 19 Oct 2021 8:40 AM
Interested to see who comms the games Simon and Andy don’t do?

What are the cheese and tomato guys doing?lol
GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Trying to make Fartchie tombstone footballs equivalent to Matthew Johns is not going to end well
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

so the paramount plus page is fucking awful.

do you think we will get it upgraded to the american format before kick off or are we stuck with this aids?

no profiles (despite supporting multiple simultaneous screens), no lists/favourites, no record of what you have been watching so you can pick it up again, football has only just been added, the games replayed in 480p? -either way you can hardly even make out the numbers on the back of jerseys, no options to change resolution generally. NO APP!!! - not supported on tvs ffs.  

what a fucking disaster it will be if this is it.

this is not a dig at 10s coverage which has been surprisingly good. amazing to see a network that is invested in the game instead of shitting on it.  they better be supported by a decent streaming service.

Edited
3 Years Ago by inala brah
Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class

Summary of 10's broadcast team…

Hosts:
Tara Rushton
Niav Owens
Scott Mackinnon

Callers:
Simon Hill
Andy Harper.

Commentary and Analysis:
Archie Thompson,
Mark Milligan
Georgia Yeoman-Dale
Bruce Djite
Alex Brosque
Amy Chapman
Luke Wilkshire.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

inala brah - 19 Oct 2021 1:56 PM
so the paramount plus page is fucking awful.

do you think we will get it upgraded to the american format before kick off or are we stuck with this aids?

no profiles (despite supporting multiple simultaneous screens), no lists/favourites, no record of what you have been watching so you can pick it up again, football has only just been added, the games replayed in 480p? -either way you can hardly even make out the numbers on the back of jerseys, no options to change resolution generally. NO APP!!! - not supported on tvs ffs.  

what a fucking disaster it will be if this is it.

this is not a dig at 10s coverage which has been surprisingly good. amazing to see a network that is invested in the game instead of shitting on it.  they better be supported by a decent streaming service.

You do know that 10s team is also paramounts as well. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Fuck Tara Rushton. 

Part of the human garbage collective that acted as Football Australia's propagandist attack dogs & got Stajic sacked. 

Never forget. 

Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ for tonight's coverage 
Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class

OK how do I start this...

Massive credit must go to APL for the CBS deal....

On the weekend, the rugby match between Australia and Japan was not shown on 9... only streamed on Stan... The only reason I can think for this is because the suits at 9 believe the Japan V Australia match would not rate that well...

That 10 are broadcasting all matches including junior matches is huge ....

Spoke to a senior Australian sports journalist on Sunday, and he says 10 is hell bent on making Football work... he was gobsmacked at the extent 10 has got behind Football... its kinda all hands on deck.... he said expect much more to come...

But back to 9 and Stan... if I was a rugby fan I would be beyond pissed... so glad we went with 10...
JiMMM
JiMMM
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)

Midfielder - 25 Oct 2021 10:49 AM
OK how do I start this...

Massive credit must go to APL for the CBS deal....

On the weekend, the rugby match between Australia and Japan was not shown on 9... only streamed on Stan... The only reason I can think for this is because the suits at 9 believe the Japan V Australia match would not rate that well...

That 10 are broadcasting all matches including junior matches is huge ....

Spoke to a senior Australian sports journalist on Sunday, and he says 10 is hell bent on making Football work... he was gobsmacked at the extent 10 has got behind Football... its kinda all hands on deck.... he said expect much more to come...

But back to 9 and Stan... if I was a rugby fan I would be beyond pissed... so glad we went with 10...

The signs are already pointing to really positive partnership, Saturday's coverage was very good from start to finish, if that is what 10 will produce we are in for a fantastic season. Coupled with that the game was the highest rated sport program for Saturday, and gave 10 their highest ratings share of the entire year. Everything is coming up roses at the moment hopefully it will continue for the long term.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

I just hope the can build up the coverage over the next month so the week before the season starts we are seeing football everywhere,  give it that lead in week we've always been hoping for, perfect timing that NSW and Vic are opening up so much as well,  for fans in the stands that first week. 
kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Ds98 - 19 Oct 2021 8:21 AM

As much as I hate his commentary, he probably works for the casual fans.

There's a reason he's football's representative on masterschef
Paul01
Paul01
Pro

Matildas game won't be on the main channel.
Looks like 10 Bold.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search