Official South Melbourne FC thread

Official South Melbourne FC thread

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
all the best for the season matey.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

LFC. - 15 Feb 2022 3:07 PM
all the best for the season matey.

Thanks LFC. You too with APIA and SydCro.....and all the other clubs you have connections with you legend.
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Feb 2022 2:14 PM
chas

Promotion Chasers or Relegation Battlers this year ?

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

numklpkgulftumch - 16 Feb 2022 10:43 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Feb 2022 2:14 PM
chas

Promotion Chasers or Relegation Battlers this year ?

Damn good question, Ill let you know my thoughts on Friday I guess? Weve signed an attacking squad and promoted a few exciting youth players..... Who knows.
South have got Bergers, Bentleigh and Knights in the first 3 weeks, should be a good litmus test of where we are early in the season
FORZA HELLAS
I think Green Gully are the ones to watch this year, they signed Bonada (spelling?) from Dandenong Thunder who I really rate.... Not sure about other squads but Avondale have put a massive target on their backs whinging to the federation about missing out on a title last season and now having points for the first round this year count retrospectively towards last years competition .... Hope they choke massively but rate that little shitbird Valentini and even ZInni even though he was pretty meh for us... Towns is a decent little mf but Boland is cooked ... hopefully :)

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 16 Feb 2022 11:42 AM
numklpkgulftumch - 16 Feb 2022 10:43 AM

Damn good question, Ill let you know my thoughts on Friday I guess? Weve signed an attacking squad and promoted a few exciting youth players..... Who knows.
South have got Bergers, Bentleigh and Knights in the first 3 weeks, should be a good litmus test of where we are early in the season
FORZA HELLAS
I think Green Gully are the ones to watch this year, they signed Bonada (spelling?) from Dandenong Thunder who I really rate.... Not sure about other squads but Avondale have put a massive target on their backs whinging to the federation about missing out on a title last season and now having points for the first round this year count retrospectively towards last years competition .... Hope they choke massively but rate that little shitbird Valentini and even ZInni even though he was pretty meh for us... Towns is a decent little mf but Boland is cooked ... hopefully :)

I'm hoping Thunder do well. I coached Flo Indalecio in 2020 before Covid hit and he went on to sign with Newcastle United U23. Hoping he does well on his return to Australia and can get an A-league contract. 
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 16 Feb 2022 12:25 PM

I'm hoping Thunder do well. I coached Flo Indalecio in 2020 before Covid hit and he went on to sign with Newcastle United U23. Hoping he does well on his return to Australia and can get an A-league contract. 

Excited to see him play is a bit of an understatement.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Any idea why he's back and Melb - couldn't get a gig in Syd PL1 do you know ?

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 16 Feb 2022 1:15 PM

Didnt realize he was back this season ... back at Thunder guys or just Melbourne? Interesting.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

LFC. - 16 Feb 2022 1:15 PM

I think better deal in Melbourne.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Of side interest will be how many turn up to watch tonights game.

I'm expecting 2,000 or there abouts.

Others have said 3,000-3,500.

Will be interesting in terms of the broo haha over AL attendances, midweek attendances etc

More importantly an indicator of NSD potential.

With FA heavy hitters in attendance that will get the numbers up by 10, at least.

Another issue
What is everybody thoughts if  SBS was to broadcast the NSD?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Arthur - 17 Feb 2022 8:39 AM

Will be interesting in terms of the broo haha over AL attendances, midweek attendances etc

With FA heavy hitters in attendance that will get the numbers up by 10, at least.

Another issue

SBS would be great for NSD, is there any interest in it from them?

Im going to give https://npl.tv/ a go for the rest of the NPL games they look like a pretty slick production ... Count me and another 4 confirmed as definite tonight so at least 15 in attendance :)

ITS GAME DAY!!!!!! FORZA the MIGHTY HELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Another issue

Pretty much on the money with the predicted crowd.
Game was of decent standard.
A NSD has some potential I would say.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Arthur - 18 Feb 2022 8:10 AM

Pretty much on the money with the predicted crowd.
Game was of decent standard.
A NSD has some potential I would say.

Well that was fun, great to see Hellas playing with some attacking flair for the first time in whats seems like a decade :) Forgot what it was like to have pacy wingers that can also create and to actually have the big man up top play in his more effective role as a target man, holding #9. Take a bow Harrison Sawyer, got your well deserved goal, almost scored a rocket of header and overall MOM for me... Langlois, Webb and Mikkolla are FANTASTIC additions, to answer a comment above nope, not relegation battlers this year I think, infact (I know its one match and very very early) we should be up there in the top 4 this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_XmvQc2rtI
Spot on Arthur with the crowd, I guesstimate about 1800-2000 as well, raucous Clarendon Boys sang all night, overalll great to be back at the football.....
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

3 eggs on toast please :) Highlights of all 4 goals from different angles ... great precursor to what a NSD would look like I think.
https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1494443025082171411

Tom AUFC
Tom AUFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Ange leading the contingent of coaches overseas, including Muscat and Valkanis. What do they have in common? Graduates of South Melbourne FC.

Is South Melbourne FC that greatest club in the land? How can a club, possessing the history and infrastructure, with a track record of producing players - and now coaches - ascending to the highest echelons of the game, still be left out of the first tier of professional football in this country? A club with a culture of producing players and coaches that are of a particular cultural ilk and quality, and not just robots from our soul-destroying national curriculum.

Given all the issues the game is having in this country, surely it’s decisions like these that play a big part.
Clubs make up a national team. We don’t want all of our players and coaches to be the same. It makes us too predictable!
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

Tom, SMFC influence on the game runs deep in todays game;

John Anastasiadis Ass Coach WUFC - might be a stretch but CEO and Chairman may have been SMFC supporters
Ross Pelligra - new AUFC owner - SMFC sponsor and backer of last AL bid
Chris Nikou - FA Chairman - past or lapsed SMFC supporter
Paul Trrimboli - MVFC
Kimon Taliadoros - FV CEO

I'm sure there's more
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Arthur - 24 Feb 2022 2:29 PM

John Anastasiadis Ass Coach WUFC - might be a stretch but CEO and Chairman may have been SMFC supporters
Paul Trrimboli - MVFC

I'm sure there's more

Joe Palatsides
Patrick Kisnorbo
Mehmet Durakovic ......
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro

Paul Trrimboli - MVFC

I'm sure there's more

Fascinating.  Wasn't    he    Chairman   when   WU   were   given   the   licence ?

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Remote Control - 24 Feb 2022 10:56 PM

Fascinating.  Wasn't    he    Chairman   when   WU   were   given   the   licence ?

Jeff Kennet was also our #1 ticket holder in the 90s.....  these slimy bastards change allegiances to suit their career..... nothing else.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

6 points, 6 goals from 2 x games....., hmmmmmm... certainly a different team this year.
https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1497391933517627392?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Ingham's match  winner was a belter... welcome to the club son....
OG Melbourne derby on Friday night down by the lake.  In a move to help underprivileged franchise supporters the club is inviting Aleague members in for free, just show your membership to the guys at the stadium ...  will be a good chance for any WU fans to see the one stadium  in Australia they will never host a match in. Hahahahahahaha

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y79kasifr7E
GOALS, GOALS, WEVE GOT GOALS HERE..... 5/5 FORZA THE MIGHTY HELLAS........
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 19 Mar 2022 10:28 PM

Crowd ? 60 ?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 20 Mar 2022 12:45 AM

Crowd ? 60 ?

Yeah it was pretty crappy, almost like a mid-week Aleague match.... I reackon just under 1000. Not sure why there were almost NO Hume supporters, pre pandemic they would turn up in decent numbers to Lakeside and make a lot of noise...... Hume have gutted their team this year, lost 3-4 solid players and I hear they are struggling financially so maybe alot of their support has jumped ship, they are 0/5 and shipping goals for fun... Their poor 17 year old keeper had a howler against us.

Anyway, the South train keeps rolling along... Tasty away fixture against Green Gully this Saturday .... its been a long time since the table looked so wonderful.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

How's the goal at the 47 second mark. Hahahaha.

Never seen that before. Seen GKs throw them in the goal but not that.

Who's the big #9 with the nimble feet?

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
hellas_johnny
hellas_johnny
Semi-Pro

Munrubenmuz - 21 Mar 2022 12:47 PM

Who's the big #9 with the nimble feet?

harry sawyer, trialled with sydney and played in hong kong. holds up the ball very well at times absolute workhourse.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Anyone check for Malaysians with ear pieces behind the goal? 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

hellas_johnny - 21 Mar 2022 1:38 PM

harry sawyer, trialled with sydney and played in hong kong. holds up the ball very well at times absolute workhourse.

Is a QLD lad, he had two disrupted season with us prior top this season, due to covid and injury and has never been played as a true, back to the goals #9... Big man always had a good engine but is now loving life, being the spear in a 3 pronged fast attack... he will get his 10-15 goals this season and 20-30 assists ...... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 21 Mar 2022 1:43 PM

Anyone check for Malaysians with ear pieces behind the goal? 

Hahahahah I missed it, Sawyers grubber of a shot was "saved" and I turned away in disgust at the missed chance only for everyone around me to start cheering at the "goal". .....  That poor young keeper man, he looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he was walking off the pitch at half time... Held his own in the second half though
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer the keeping error was bad as......

Damn great long thrower n11 right, 3rd goal from that was a rippa.
Defense was rubbish giving so much room for the 4th and 5th, big boy well away.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search