Official South Melbourne FC thread

Official South Melbourne FC thread

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Another year ANOTHER 4th round draw against Melbourne Knights.... of the hundreds of other balls in the bowl yet AGAIN its ours... why do they even pretend its a random draw anymore ?

Fuck that Im not going. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1768964963983384586?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Great day out in the sunshine of Altona :) Great press and squeeze lads, keep it up... one foot in front of the other.
Oakleigh fan
Oakleigh fan
Weekender
Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)

Good luck tonight, Souths going to need it hehe. 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Oakleigh fan - 22 Mar 2024 1:57 PM
Good luck tonight, Souths going to need it hehe. 

No Valentini, No Eliopoulos and a fractured dressing room with disgruntled coaching staff... I think it may be the other way around bud ... ho ho ho.... 

Anyway, its always interesting at the "house of stoush" Im sure Akis wife has arranged Astro to ref the match so well have to play a little better to walk away with the three points... We'll see what pans out eh :P
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Adam Bavcar and the linos did their best on Friday but sadly Oakleigh couldnt manage to get any of our players sent off and only crippled one forward (no card no foul ... cheers Bavca well ignored) Amazingly a 3 game suspension "disappears" when  the pimps play South.... If it wasn't so tragic it would be hilarious.... 

Lads played their best, Nice cameo from young Bol, Peios brilliant, Maxxie busted a gut, Harry valiant, Lopez safe as houses, two CBs made Salmon non existent, Morgan great to push that speedster wide all match, Bonada (I hope) isn't serious injury and we have cup football to take care of this week.

FORZA HELLAS.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Good to get the win in the cup against the old foe but to serious things now, our away match in Dandy has been pushed out to 7.30 ... lets go boys, make it 8 weeks undefeated please :)

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1775282281986326766?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

looks like the club is polling for a possible logo change for next season.... overwhelming support for the logo on the right. AGM is on in a couple of weeks so hope to hear if so.

My favourite was one done by a fan (well done Antonis Tsolakis) I saw online a mixture of old and new.. add the EST 1959 on the white cross and this is a thing of beauty :)

https://i.postimg.cc/nhRWKmj8/S-M-HELLAS.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/smfc59/
https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1775418097588924847?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

May be an image of American football, football and text that says "PICK YOUR FAVOURITE LOGO HELLAS 1959 EST. SOUTH MELBOURNE FC S. M. HELLAS"

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

3 hard earned points at George Andrews.

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1776586848401260615?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Season rolls on, hanging on to top spot for dear life..

FORZA HELLAS.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Wow.... just wow. Javi Lopez, take a bow son.... Stepped up to deny a dubious penalty, got called for encroaching (pfffft make your own minds up) and then repeated the save against a different penalty taker ...  Best keeper in Australia hands down ....

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1779419586439393292?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Three tasty goals (Andy's was a cracker and we should have had 1-2 more) and three tasty points.... South train steams ahead ..... 9 rounds in, undefeated, 3 points clear and plus 13 GD..... FORZA HELLAS.

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1778757253333409821?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Emphatic win by the boys at a tough ground to get points from. Very solid performance by all, big Harry with the hattie to stake his claim for yet another golden boot season :)

Mid week football on Wednesday, we face Eastern Lions, hopefully with a win to see us face Preston the following round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TXANT8Txgg

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

$10 entry, ANZAC eve football, windy and wet Melbourne evening, 7.30 kick off....... 

Wouldn't be anywhere else in the universe :)

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Belated congratulations to the Mighty South Melbourne Powerchair FC on winning the VPL championship , with an incredible win on penalties against Westvale Olympic.

FORZA HELLAS lads, another trophy for our cabinet ... well done :)

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Double header on Easter Saturday.. Nice and early, leaves enough time to get home and head to church for midnight mass...

Kalo Pascha kai Kali Anastasi - Foodzesty

Totti10
Totti10
Under 7s
Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 1:17 PM
Double header on Easter Saturday.. Nice and early, leaves enough time to get home and head to church for midnight mass...

Kalo Pascha kai Kali Anastasi - Foodzesty

Should be a Cracka game. What’s the go with Avondale do the Italians get behind them at all in Melbourne ? I’ve seen they play next to the Calabria club so not sure if they have any backing or not 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Totti10 - 1 May 2024 3:45 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 1:17 PM

Should be a Cracka game. What’s the go with Avondale do the Italians get behind them at all in Melbourne ? I’ve seen they play next to the Calabria club so not sure if they have any backing or not 

Preston v South will be the curtain raiser for the Champonship next year... The Lions boys are probably shopping around for meat for the cookup as we speak :)  have been looking forward to it for a few seasons and finally we meet at a time when both clubs are doing well both on and off the park... I would be surprised if less than 5-6 thousand turn up even if it is mid week.

As for Avondale, they had a small but vocal group turn up with Italian flags to last years GF but havent seen them since nor expecting them at Lakeside on the weekend. Infact, because of Orthodox Easter the turn out will be pretty poor. from our fans too.  Avondale dont have alot of rusted on support from the Italian soccer community as far as I know, storied clubs like Bulleen, Brunswick (Zebras AND Juve - but thats another story), Werribee and Royals maybe, but Avondale arent really liked as far as I can tell. 

Its a passion project for local builder as far as I can tell from the outside... everyone down here is still scratching their heads as to why/how they exist.
Edited
8 days ago @ 4:40 PM by Monoethnic Social Club
Totti10
Totti10
Under 7s
Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)Under 7s (20 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 4:37 PM
Totti10 - 1 May 2024 3:45 PM

Preston v South will be the curtain raiser for the Champonship next year... The Lions boys are probably shopping around for meat for the cookup as we speak :)  have been looking forward to it for a few seasons and finally we meet at a time when both clubs are doing well both on and off the park... I would be surprised if less than 5-6 thousand turn up even if it is mid week.

As for Avondale, they had a small but vocal group turn up with Italian flags to last years GF but havent seen them since nor expecting them at Lakeside on the weekend. Infact, because of Orthodox Easter the turn out will be pretty poor. from our fans too.  Avondale dont have alot of rusted on support from the Italian soccer community as far as I know, storied clubs like Bulleen, Brunswick (Zebras AND Juve - but thats another story), Werribee and Royals maybe, but Avondale arent really liked as far as I can tell. 

It’s a passion project for local builder as far as I can tell from the outside... everyone down here is still scratching their heads as to why/how they exist.

Yeah Brunswick juve were huge in 60’s and 70s 15-20 thousand when they played south Melbourne apparently.
it’s a shame the Italians don’t get behind a team down there.
Goodluck this Saturday mate 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Totti10 - 1 May 2024 5:14 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 4:37 PM

Yeah Brunswick juve were huge in 60’s and 70s 15-20 thousand when they played south Melbourne apparently.
it’s a shame the Italians don’t get behind a team down there.
Goodluck this Saturday mate 

Cheers mate, you too against Sydney NPL.

As for the Italians, most of my spaghetti mucnhing friends gave up on soccer when Carlton SC folded 20 years ago... mainly tragic AFL fans now.  There was a spreadsheet/flow chart doing the rounds a few years ago showing all the mergers, in-fighting, splits and re-mergers of the Italian clubs in Melbourne.... Somehow the Italians make Greeks look united. lol
Totti10
Totti10
Under 7s

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 May 2024 10:15 AM
Totti10 - 1 May 2024 5:14 PM

Cheers mate, you too against Sydney NPL.

As for the Italians, most of my spaghetti mucnhing friends gave up on soccer when Carlton SC folded 20 years ago... mainly tragic AFL fans now.  There was a spreadsheet/flow chart doing the rounds a few years ago showing all the mergers, in-fighting, splits and re-mergers of the Italian clubs in Melbourne.... Somehow the Italians make Greeks look united. lol

Italians are fucked we just hate eachother more than anyone else hahaha.
South vs Preston in the cup gonna be huge 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

is that australian cup? 

and when is it? 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 2 May 2024 10:43 AM
is that australian cup? 

and when is it? 

Tuesday May 21st 8pm kickoff... Garbage for families but I dare say it will be a bit of a monster crowd (at least for NPL level) Ive had old South fans come out of the woodwork telling me they are coming down for this..... mark it in your calendar this will be what the championship will look like next year.... at least in Melbourne.

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1785823717366374885?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Two of Australia's biggest club's will meet in the Dockerty Cup / Australia Cup, as we take on fellow NST Foundation Club Preston Lions on Tuesday May 21st at BT Connor Reserve.Stay tuned to specific ticket details in the coming week once confirmed.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 May 2024 10:59 AM

Tuesday May 21st 8pm kickoff... Garbage for families but I dare say it will be a bit of a monster crowd (at least for NPL level) Ive had old South fans come out of the woodwork telling me they are coming down for this..... mark it in your calendar this will be what the championship will look like next year.... at least in Melbourne.

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1785823717366374885?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Two of Australia's biggest club's will meet in the Dockerty Cup / Australia Cup, as we take on fellow NST Foundation Club Preston Lions on Tuesday May 21st at BT Connor Reserve.Stay tuned to specific ticket details in the coming week once confirmed.

awesome, it's my night off coaching too
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 2 May 2024 11:19 AM

awesome, it's my night off coaching too

I havent been to BT Connor in more than a decade.. apparently the cevaps are on point :) Really keen to see how this plays out and hoping for no crowd troubles ...although worried a few dickheads will make their way down ... Should be a spicy affair either way..... 
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)

Huge.
First meeting between the two clubs since when?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Beretta - 2 May 2024 11:30 AM

Huge.
First meeting between the two clubs since when?

Gotta be at least 14 years I reckon. I remember some crowds trouble in 2006 or 7 but honestly (apart from womens games) cant remember the last time we played them .They wen't down I wanna say in 2009 or thereabouts?... I vaguely recall a pre-season friendly ages ago but dont think it was open to the public???? 

This will be big with both clubs wanting to "show off" and get the win .... can't wait.
tsf
tsf
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 May 2024 11:25 AM
tsf - 2 May 2024 11:19 AM

I havent been to BT Connor in more than a decade.. apparently the cevaps are on point :) Really keen to see how this plays out and hoping for no crowd troubles ...although worried a few dickheads will make their way down ... Should be a spicy affair either way..... 

I just sent the pic you posted to some serb mates and they were texting me at the same time about it lol

can't wait 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 2 May 2024 11:52 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 2 May 2024 11:25 AM

I just sent the pic you posted to some serb mates and they were texting me at the same time about it lol

can't wait 

Fucken Balkaners hahahahahha we all think the same sometimes... hahahahah
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search