BDP

Author
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
hounddog - 1 Jul 2024 3:27 PM
Forwards wise we have some bigger players coming back from injury in reserve grade. 

It isn't easy for bigger guys to play our defensive system.

I would like to see more size especially in the first 20 mins.

However, I also think Mann / Hayward is our best lock rotation in attack. 

I am almost tempted to add more size / defence and compromise on attack.

Hayward is the best passing lock, followed by Mann and the difference in our attack is stark.

We might be able to train up Salmon, Morrin or Curran to start at lock and play that role. Hayward does it best, because really we are asking the lock to play like a halfback. 

It is critical to get right most of our good attack comes off Hayward or Mann digging into the line and committing defenders. On the other hand we don't want to be overrun in the forwards at the start of a semi.

Hayward is vital at lock because our halves arent up to scratch.

Its working for us at the moment, but to go to next level, we need the halves to own this team and be the best players more often than not.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Marki - 2 Jul 2024 2:27 AM
hounddog - 1 Jul 2024 3:27 PM

Hayward is vital at lock because our halves arent up to scratch.

Its working for us at the moment, but to go to next level, we need the halves to own this team and be the best players more often than not.

Halves need the forwards to at least breakeven in the yardage battle.

In a semi. I would probably start King at lock, with Patolo and Hughes at prop.

Bring Mann on for Patolo after 10 mins.

Have Hayward,  Curran and Sutton/Todd on the bench and use 4 interchanges first half.

It we hold our own in the forwards in the first 10-20 mins our ball movement speed and fitness come into it at the back end. 

Often the grounds are drier at semi-final time allowing a faster game.

Sharks have a big pack, they intentionally disrespected us by trying to roll though us up the middle, like they have previously. Their game plan suited the conditions, we were coming off a short turnaround are we're far from full strength.  When CC and Marhoney talk about sides bullying our players previously, I am sure that the Sharks are one of the teams they were talking about.

Warriors is another test, Dragons-Kinghts-Parra-Roosters-Sharks-Warriors that is a sequence of games against bigger packs and opponents who see themselves as contenders. Often in wet conditions with a few players out injured,  suspended or playing with injury. 

If we only end up dropping the Roosters game,  that is a good result. 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Fekking climate change activists still stopping trains in the Hunter... Daft fekkers...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Tracey and Mann back in the side. Preston still injured, probably back after the bye.

Sutton returning in reserve grade,  Fifita can't be far away.

Reserve grade middles are Farmer, Patolo, Sutton,  Todd and Knight.  Surely one or 2 of them will soon be good enough to play NRL. 

Hayes 44 tackles and 2 trys playing second row in reserve grade,  a good day's work.

Hayes, Todd and Skelton in the NRL extended squad, any one is a possible late inclusion. 

Even though he has a broken finger or 2, I expect Kiks to play as he is probably in a bit better shape than last week and it is an important game.

I think that they are looking for a good opportunity to give Hayes or Todd a run.

Sutton was carrying injuries most of last season.  He will need a few games to get up to speed,  but is the reserve grade middle most likely to add something to our NRL team. 
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

dman2018 - 2 Jul 2024 4:19 PM
Fekking climate change activists still stopping trains in the Hunter... Daft fekkers...

Imagine being so stupid -
1. You believe in the 'catastrophe'...
2. You think stopping trains and cars will sway the Govt and it's constituents....

An hour away from home on a bus now... Murphy gets me again with my car in the shop for two days...

When I get home I'm gonna fire up the incinerator and offer to burn the street's rubbish... All while knowing my revenge will be almost half as pointless as their efforts to garner support or make change....

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 2 Jul 2024 7:52 PM

Imagine being so stupid -
1. You believe in the 'catastrophe'...
2. You think stopping trains and cars will sway the Govt and it's constituents....

An hour away from home on a bus now... Murphy gets me again with my car in the shop for two days...

When I get home I'm gonna fire up the incinerator and offer to burn the street's rubbish... All while knowing my revenge will be almost half as pointless as their efforts to garner support or make change....

Isn't the train electric?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Protesting is a bad idea.

There are better ways of communicating their message.

Bake some cookies and give them away at train startions.

Brew some beer... 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 2 Jul 2024 8:23 PM
dman2018 - 2 Jul 2024 7:52 PM

Isn't the train electric?

Not electric heading West of Hamilton ... we don't got none of them heres fancy solar trains or thum ther' wind powered trucks neither...

Their intended targets also carrying significant amounts of coal... Which nobody needs... And they require various forms of lubricant...

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 2 Jul 2024 8:26 PM
Protesting is a bad idea.

There are better ways of communicating their message.

Bake some cookies and give them away at train startions.

Brew some beer... 

For Cookies and beer I'll 100% support anything...
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Caught the Eurostar from London to Paris and a TGV from Madrid to Barcelona....

Australia will never get a fast train. We would never allow a mosquito colony be affected by fast moving trains, and the risk of derailement when a train goes more than 110kph is too large for auatralia to accept.

No fast train for you, as much as some like the idea of it...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 3 Jul 2024 7:12 AM

Caught the Eurostar from London to Paris and a TGV from Madrid to Barcelona....

Australia will never get a fast train. We would never allow a mosquito colony be affected by fast moving trains, and the risk of derailement when a train goes more than 110kph is too large for auatralia to accept.

No fast train for you, as much as some like the idea of it...

Doing fast trains well costs a lot of money.

They are excellent in Japan because they have the population density.

We would probably need to lay new track for the entire route.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

dman2018 - 2 Jul 2024 9:29 PM
hounddog - 2 Jul 2024 8:26 PM

For Cookies and beer I'll 100% support anything...

Depends on what tyoe of cookies they're peddling.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

It's a sad day for us older Bulldog supporters. RIP Geoff Robinson you were one of the toughest Canterbury Bankstown forwards ever.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 3 Jul 2024 12:30 PM
It's a sad day for us older Bulldog supporters. RIP Geoff Robinson you were one of the toughest Canterbury Bankstown forwards ever.

Yep an absolute legend on and off the field.

I hope that the boys wear black arm bands as a mark of respect for Robbo on Saturday,  he deserves that and more.

Ideally the crowd will get a chance to show their respect. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

ODF - 3 Jul 2024 12:14 PM
dman2018 - 2 Jul 2024 9:29 PM

Depends on what tyoe of cookies they're peddling.

I only had one type in mind...
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 3 Jul 2024 7:38 AM
Marki - 3 Jul 2024 7:12 AM

Doing fast trains well costs a lot of money.

They are excellent in Japan because they have the population density.

We would probably need to lay new track for the entire route.

And therein lies part of the problem....
We will probably encounter an ant colony that the Greenies will never allow us to displace and tye whole project will be suspended for 20 years while the EPA does its thing....

I wont even mention the sound might wake up native plants and the train will have to keep to under 110km/hr to not wake them.....

Pipe dream.

We have more hope in Roosters getting caught with the cap.....
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Mutch Misses... Less time being a whiny bitch at refs, team mates, the board.. More leading your team to victory when things get tough might be the way to go... I reckon most of the team can't stand him... I reckon he thinks he's better than the rest of them and displays it on the firwls and at training... and is the reason they don't perform with a quality squad the majority of he time...
Him and TBaz as FT coach will fit nicely blaming everyone else for everything....

Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Any chance we can sign Blaze
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 4 Jul 2024 8:30 PM

I reckon we should put in a big money bid just to screw Parra.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Micko - 4 Jul 2024 8:30 PM

To play where???...
Anywhere will do the obvious answer...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Eel lose by 10 or more back where they belong, adding to their extensive wooden spoon collection. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Funny seeing the amount of bitching in the media about our current pest Lou... In addition to him being binned for waving patting someone on the head the year...

Yet not one Hack Grub Germoulist will say anything, nor Ref do anything about Mutch Misses ongoing ref harrassment and pro fouls...

At least I can take solace in him leading Parra to. 45 year + premiership drought...

Bwahahahahahha...

#MMDS....

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

dman2018 - 4 Jul 2024 8:46 PM
Funny seeing the amount of bitching in the media about our current pest Lou... In addition to him being binned for waving patting someone on the head the year...

Yet not one Hack Grub Germoulist will say anything, nor Ref do anything about Mutch Misses ongoing ref harrassment and pro fouls...

At least I can take solace in him leading Parra to. 45 year + premiership drought...

Bwahahahahahha...

#MMDS....

Good ..
And then the bitch wants to challenge...
You're not the captain you turd... Shut the fekk up, stop harrassing the ref and take a shower U flat track bully...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 4 Jul 2024 9:36 PM
dman2018 - 4 Jul 2024 8:46 PM

Good ..
And then the bitch wants to challenge...
You're not the captain you turd... Shut the fekk up, stop harrassing the ref and take a shower U flat track bully...

I think that he got binned for being a whinging flat tracker.

Look at the table Mitch.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 4 Jul 2024 9:41 PM
dman2018 - 4 Jul 2024 9:36 PM

I think that he got binned for being a whinging flat tracker.

Look at the table Mitch.

I hate seeing souths win...
Except when I don't ..

That dude is an overrated turd... And proves it it every second week... I'd not more frequently....

Bring back Nath for game 3!!!...
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker
Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)

I remember watching Robbo, the whole crowd will just erupt every time he ran the ball up. 
He brought down the Parramatta Wall ..

Marki
Marki
World Class

zoz2015 - 4 Jul 2024 11:13 PM

I remember watching Robbo, the whole crowd will just erupt every time he ran the ball up. 
He brought down the Parramatta Wall ..

RIP Robbo.

Parra lose on the day of his passing. 
Even in the afterlife, he is screwing with Parra and making them lose.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I think that if we keep the Warriors to less than 18 points we probably win.

That because they have conceded 375 points this season to our 251.

They have scored 344 points to our 315.

The Eels have scored 325 and conceded 470. Mitch must be collecting the defensive coach's wage.

However,  our attack has been better with Tracey at fullback, Sexton at halfback and with Xerri and Critter in the centres.But in particular Mann and Hayward at lock.

We made 8 linebreaks and 43 tacklebreaks against the Eels, that is a measure of our attack and their defence.

I would at least consider slotting Hayes into the side this week, 44 tackles in reserve grade last week and defence can win the game for us.

Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
ODF
ODF
Pro

Sharts are in freefall, I wonder whether they will end their  slump before the finals arrive. Interesting times ahead.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 5 Jul 2024 7:55 PM
Sharts are in freefall, I wonder whether they will end their  slump before the finals arrive. Interesting times ahead.

That is our best chance of finishing top 4.

Get in there and other teams might take points off each other. 

We might need to beat the Broncos in Brisbane which is a tough ask. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search