BDP

Author
dman2018
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
hounddog - 9 Jul 2024 10:13 PM
Micko - 9 Jul 2024 9:01 PM

Sexton is a much improved player.

His issue has been confidence, I think that is still OK as he was heavily involved. 

The improvement in his defence is remarkable, I almost prefer him to Hutch in defence now.

I agree that the main issue was moving the ball too slowly or not standing deep enough. 

We have been up against a skinny 10 the last few weeks, I have never seen a ref not give so many clear 6 agains.

We made 466 tackles in that game, which is a lot more than most games 400 is a high number, some of the mistakes towards the end were probably just fatigue .

Overall the team played well and was unlucky not to score a few more trys, different players made the errors, no single player was to blame. 

Overall while we haven’t scored a lot of trys recently the attack is much improved this season.  We have a purpose and can be dangerous both sides of the field. Kicking game also improved,  particularly Sexton in the red zone.

I have noticed execution has dropped off.  I don't mind if we spend most of the week doing ball work and playing touch. We can return to normal training after the bye.

Might not take much of a tune-up to get the team humming.  Main thing is the players all want to do it.

Gold...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

dman2018 - 10 Jul 2024 7:45 PM
hounddog - 10 Jul 2024 7:34 PM

No prizes... But a simple thank you HD...

I did suspect that you got the right answer first and won the slab.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

C'mon Tigpies!!!...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 12 Jul 2024 4:46 PM
C'mon Tigpies!!!...

At least I know who I want to win this game.

Last night it was hard to decide. 

Happy enough with the end result, at full strength Souths are more dangerous. 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 12 Jul 2024 4:59 PM
dman2018 - 12 Jul 2024 4:46 PM

At least I know who I want to win this game.

Last night it was hard to decide. 

Happy enough with the end result, at full strength Souths are more dangerous. 

No Trell makes a massive difference...

How big is next week for Club, Team, and fans!!!... I'm equally excited and anxious!!!.. I've started drinking already...

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Max The King might be out for 8 weeks of he needs surgery on his broken wrist which looks likely.  Battled through more than 10 games with a broken wrist.

Time for the young middles Farmer, Patolo, Fifita and Hopoi to step up. 

And we might need to play Knight for a few games.

Sutton and Todd already out for most of the season,  Todd a chance to be back around the same time as King.

If we make the Semis, King will be back. And if we can't make the Semis from here without King we would have been making up the numbers anyway..

I expect the defence to drop off a bit without King and Salmon, but this is a chance for the young guys to step up.

I was considering picking Farmer and Patolo anyway. Our attack should be better and this is great experience for the young guys. 

I am still optimistic, let's see what the young guys have got.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 13 Jul 2024 12:35 PM
Max The King might be out for 8 weeks of he needs surgery on his broken wrist which looks likely.  Battled through more than 10 games with a broken wrist.

Time for the young middles Farmer, Patolo, Fifita and Hopoi to step up. 

And we might need to play Knight for a few games.

Sutton and Todd already out for most of the season,  Todd a chance to be back around the same time as King.

If we make the Semis, King will be back. And if we can't make the Semis from here without King we would have been making up the numbers anyway..

I expect the defence to drop off a bit without King and Salmon, but this is a chance for the young guys to step up.

I was considering picking Farmer and Patolo anyway. Our attack should be better and this is great experience for the young guys. 

I am still optimistic, let's see what the young guys have got.

Massive blow if surgery required... At least  he'll have fresh legs for grand final....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I am optimistic that Farmer will go well when he gets a chance.

Like Sexton, many fans calling for him to get an opportunity.

I will be happy with a similar result.

This is an opportunity for all of our young middles to get excited and step up to the challenge.

No official word yet on King, but NRL Physio has knicknamed him Zeus.

Bulldog Zeus approves and the Greek God Zeus is also happy,

I am confident that this nickname will stick.
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

All Parra have left to play for is the spoon.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

It would be interesting to be a voyeur lurking in the Eels fan page. I bet they're blowing up deluxe.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 13 Jul 2024 7:40 PM
All Parra have left to play for is the spoon.

They already have quite the collection... I wish them well in their 2024 pursuit...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

ODF - 13 Jul 2024 7:52 PM
It would be interesting to be a voyeur lurking in the Eels fan page. I bet they're blowing up deluxe.

How sick would U have to be to lurk there???... 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 13 Jul 2024 8:40 PM

Would be cheaper than paying to watch stand up comedy and funnier. But I would need to be fumigated for 48 hours afterwards. 

Edit: This was a joke, I would never read a Parra fan forum.
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

That is not an easy question to answer. If one could toss their BDP classiness aside for one moment they may successfully venture down to The Kennel, but to lurk in the eels forum, or any other teams forum for that matter, one would have to almost denounce their allegiance to the Bulldogs.
So in answer to your question "How sick would U have to be to lurk there???"..... I'd say about Marki level.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

ODF - 14 Jul 2024 11:16 AM

That is not an easy question to answer. If one could toss their BDP classiness aside for one moment they may successfully venture down to The Kennel, but to lurk in the eels forum, or any other teams forum for that matter, one would have to almost denounce their allegiance to the Bulldogs.
So in answer to your question "How sick would U have to be to lurk there???"..... I'd say about Marki level.

Im insulted!
Whilst i venture over at TK for some news, rumours and game updates when i cant watch for whatever reason, i certainly wouldnt go to another teams forum!

Someone at TK usually does the dirty work anyway so its quicker and easier to get the goss from there instead.
ODF
ODF
Pro

Don't be insulted Marki, I doubt any BDPers would even bother.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 14 Jul 2024 2:34 PM
ODF - 14 Jul 2024 11:16 AM

Im insulted!
Whilst i venture over at TK for some news, rumours and game updates when i cant watch for whatever reason, i certainly wouldnt go to another teams forum!

Someone at TK usually does the dirty work anyway so its quicker and easier to get the goss from there instead.

What does TK say about the following players?
1. Farmer 
2. Patolo
3. Hayes

The game against the Cows is critical and we probably need one of these guys to step up,

My impression is lots of fans rate Farmer. 

NSW cup did lose and the defence didn't seem great.

Hayes is a secondrower my impression is that he is a good defender.

I guess we will find our soon.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marzhew no  tackles and no missed tackles didn't get close to laying a hand on anyone.

I don't rate the Knights coach, the game was lost on team selections. 

We don't want the Knights playing the Broncos back into form.
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Ok so this is wierd....
Im about to go to the beach in 39 degree heat and watch a SOO decider with my son on my mobile phone.

This internet better hold up, along with my power bank.

Next time you people complain, spare a thought for me....

Go QLD!
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 17 Jul 2024 7:08 PM
Ok so this is wierd....
Im about to go to the beach in 39 degree heat and watch a SOO decider with my son on my mobile phone.

This internet better hold up, along with my power bank.

Next time you people complain, spare a thought for me....

Go QLD!

RUOK???....

Go the Blues!!!...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Very disappointing with all the ball we had in that half... Too much dropped ball and some awful short kicking and pass selection from the halves ... One in particular...

Inclined to agree with DCE re Calamurray being sent for coming of the bench... Never seen that outcome before, with an unlucky Barney sitting down for something he didn't do...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

How good!!!...

Marki
Marki
World Class

This is disgusting....
Qld lose.....
The sand is burning my feet.....
My beer went warm within 3mins of arriving AND they only had small bottles.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Most SOO players probably need a rest, increases our chances against the Cows.

Vital game, I am pumped. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 18 Jul 2024 12:16 PM
Most SOO players probably need a rest, increases our chances against the Cows.

Vital game, I am pumped. 

Probably... But... Critical for them too... And on the back of SOO loss I reckon they're all putting their hands up to help erase the memory/feeling asap...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I wonder who tripped over the black cat, crashed into the mirror and broke it at the Warriors...

Watching the poor guy meltdown on easy goal kicks was painful.

We have Burto, Sexton, Critter and Hayward who can kick goals.

Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Jack Underhill. I heard off a mate that he killed it for us against Newtown. He got a start in the 8 jersey this weekend and apparently was pretty good. One to keep an eye on. 

Harry Hayes should do well tomorrow in firsts if he gets a run. He is a weapon. 

Really looking forward to this game tomorrow. If we can knock over the rednecks this weekend. Then follow up with the bozo scum next weekend we could somehow make the top four. Dreams are free baby. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Good win in reserve grade with a young side,

Hat-trick of trys by Jordi.

I would like to see a 100 sprint race at training between Jordi, Fox, Wilson, Tracey, Xerri and Skelton, Jordi might win it.

Hopoi played which firms up my hunch for this game.

Hughes and Patolo might start at prop with Farmer on the bench.

No Fifita in reserve grade, he might travel up with the NRL side, train, but not play.

Hayes, Hutch and Skelton probably also travelling up with the boys.

Dman is right Cows players are playing at this stage, Cotter and Robson must be fatigued. Doesn't change our game plan, we want to play up tempo.

I am optimistic that our young props will take a step forward in this game and match it with the Cows.
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 20 Jul 2024 5:33 PM
Jack Underhill. I heard off a mate that he killed it for us against Newtown. He got a start in the 8 jersey this weekend and apparently was pretty good. One to keep an eye on. 

Harry Hayes should do well tomorrow in firsts if he gets a run. He is a weapon. 

Really looking forward to this game tomorrow. If we can knock over the rednecks this weekend. Then follow up with the bozo scum next weekend we could somehow make the top four. Dreams are free baby. 

I have been wondering about Underhill we do have some good young middles. 

I rate Todd who unfortunately has missed most of this season with a broken arm.

Hard to emphasise how big a loss Sutton and Todd were this season,  I am slightly concerned about the defence without King. If Sutton or Todd was playing,  I would be a lot more confident. 

Hayes is the other smokey for team selection,  especially if we are not 100% confident that Preston is right or we don't want to try playing with 3 big props.

IMO it is a good time to try more size, but that might weaken our defence. 

I have a hunch that Hayes used to play wing. The club had him listed as a winger in his profile.  Tall thin second rower who looks like he might be fast. Stats say that he makes plenty of tackles, 

Regardless of how Cirro goes, good teams and coaches find a way to get the win.
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

It worries me having to play both the rednecks at home over the next two weeks. Penalty count will be close to impossible to win
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search