BDP

Author
dman2018
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ODF - 6 Aug 2024 9:05 PM
I think V'Lad and abdo are taking the piss out if us. They have scheduled.... you guessed it... Gerard Sutton to ref our game. Who would have thought!.

We can beat him!!!...
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Gremlins?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Posting to get crap off the  screen.

Go Dogs.

Go Dogs.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

One more post should do it.

Go Dogs.

Go Dogs.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

The Kennel podcast guys also think that Underhill might play.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Filthy spammers...
Go Dogs!!!...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Moses to chooks rumour...
Great!!!... Will be awesome seeing them miss eight most years and not win a comp in the next 7 years....
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Great!!!... Will be awesome seeing them miss the eight most years, and not win a comp in the next 5 - 7 years....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 8 Aug 2024 5:16 PM
Great!!!... Will be awesome seeing them miss eight most years and not win a comp in the next 7 years....

Yes 2 clubs weakened in the same move.

The Broncos might want Sexton, I will trade for Pat Garigian, Kobe Hetherington,  Xavier Willision and $20 million, plus 10 slabs of beer agent fees for you and I. I don't want any of their other players.

We have got O'Neill and Woods. 

Edited
Last Month by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 8 Aug 2024 5:35 PM
dman2018 - 8 Aug 2024 5:16 PM

Yes 2 clubs weakened in the same move.

The Broncos might want Sexton, I will trade for Pat Garigian, Kobe Hetherington,  Xavier Willision and $20 million, plus 10 slabs of beer agent fees for you and I. I don't want any of their other players.

We have got O'Neill and Woods. 

Èels maybe weaker a few flat track games a year... but not when it matters...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Well this is a fun watch...Dogs trythis month...

https://youtu.be/Yu9WrJbcT_k?si=Pz1ypiwrfl15ELlp

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 8 Aug 2024 8:37 PM
Well this is a fun watch...Dogs trythis month...

https://youtu.be/Yu9WrJbcT_k?si=Pz1ypiwrfl15ELlp

Yep great to watch.

Also shows how potent our short kicking game is these days

That area was very poor 2007-2022. We have gone from being one of the worst to one of the best.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Souths  / Melbourne game was poor, lots of dropped ball, bad options and poor decisions from Souths. 

Storm seems to struggle to put them away or bundied oft at half-time, I am not sure which is worse.

I am slightly less worried about the Dragqueens now.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

The dragqueens are on a high because they have overestimated the storms capabiliities. Melbourne are nott the benchmark they used to be. I feel that st merge might keep up with us for 60 mins but the Dogs fitness should be a telling factor.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 9 Aug 2024 1:41 PM
The dragqueens are on a high because they have overestimated the storms capabiliities. Melbourne are nott the benchmark they used to be. I feel that st merge might keep up with us for 60 mins but the Dogs fitness should be a telling factor.

It is weird this season. 

Teams like the Sharks and Storm seemed to be travelling well, then seemed to wobble off the rails.

Teams like the Cows and Titans were ordinary earlier in the season, but are playing much better now.

The Dragqueens are just inconsistent and even the Roosters seem to be lacking grit under pressure. 

I am not sure why there was so much dropped ball in the Souths / Storm game, both teams made 13 errors, which seems high. It wasn't just that, attack and defence from both sides was patchy at times. Sometimes the attack looked great often because the opposition defence was poor. Then at other times the attack looked so poor the defence didn't do much.

I wonder what Bellyache is thinking, he seemed unusually calm given what was dished up.

Hopefully the conditions allow us to move the ball with minimal errors and high completions.  Dragqueens are probably inconsistent because games go with posession. Get a run of possession on them and they usually drop out of the contest.

Sutton usually means a stop / start game with 6-agains only broken up by penalties,  captains challenges and all 26 players on the field getting totally frustrated with the ref.

We need a fast dry track to speed the game up, while the ref is trying to slow it down and hog the limelight. 

Edited
Last Month by hounddog
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Heavens to mercetroid there goes Des for the season. If you look at their draw, it's Titans, exit, stage left.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

ODF - 9 Aug 2024 7:57 PM
Heavens to mercetroid there goes Des for the season. If you look at their draw, it's Titans, exit, stage left.

What's better is Parra with one of their best chokes in recent years.....

Tigers were worried they had picked up their 3rd spoon in a row, but Parra has put themselves in the frame again!
ODF
ODF
Pro

The riff my have won, but they don't impress me much.
Marki
Marki
World Class

ODF - 10 Aug 2024 12:05 AM
The riff my have won, but they don't impress me much.

That comeback was more than impressive.

In fact it was scary. All players lifted afew gears and they looked unstoppable.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 10 Aug 2024 5:03 AM

In fact it was scary. All players lifted afew gears and they looked unstoppable.

Still not even the Riff look unbeatable.

Most teams seem to make errors and often fail to defend them.

As for the Tits, I don't know what happened there. When the heat was on they reverted to type.

We need to keep winning at  least we rarely leak soft trys.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Parra have leaked plenty of points all season,  particularly late in games.

Choking is what Parra do best.

The Riff did attack well when they switched on.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
ODF
ODF
Pro

Against a top 8 side they won't have the luxury of being in cruise control for 60 minutes and then step up a gear.
ODF
ODF
Pro

When you think about it, the three personnel we acquired from the riff are probably the three they should have held on to. Ciraldo, Crichton and Burton were integral componets of their engineroom and they are now driving the Bulldogs.
Yay Us.

Edited
Last Month by ODF
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Marki - 6 Aug 2024 8:54 PM
hounddog - 6 Aug 2024 10:43 AM

Never like him. Never will. Hope we dont go near him.

Agree. I don’t rate him at all. Looks like he catches with his feet and runs with his hands. One of the most uncoordinated players I have seen. 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Marki - 6 Aug 2024 8:57 PM
Harry Hayes has really impressed me. He is a good size and runs great lines into gaps.

He straightened our attack the other day with direct runs in between defenders. Got us back on an even keel when we were dominated prior.

I look forward to seeing more of him.

Harry has been incredible. Reminds me of a young Steve Price. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 10 Aug 2024 2:02 PM
Marki - 6 Aug 2024 8:54 PM

Agree. I don’t rate him at all. Looks like he catches with his feet and runs with his hands. One of the most uncoordinated players I have seen. 

Has got mistakes in his game, but has played some SOO. 

We have a lot of good young middles, we need a few older players to bridge the gap.

Big NAS is another forward who might be out of favour at his current club.

When players are unwanted the often come for less money and with a determination to prove their doubters wrong, 2 years for lower money is a reasonable gamble on those guys. Often their old club will chip in some cash.

Ryan Matterson from the Eels is another candidate. 

Out of these three NAS would be my preference followed by Matterson, Horsbough is 3rd pick, but better than no one.

IMO Armone replaces Tetevano, the other guy might be replacing Knight, we also have 2-3 good young props we want to promote, but can use development contacts, with top 30 starting in 2026.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

hounddog - 10 Aug 2024 2:26 PM
Micko - 10 Aug 2024 2:02 PM

Has got mistakes in his game, but has played some SOO. 

We have a lot of good young middles, we need a few older players to bridge the gap.

Big NAS is another forward who might be out of favour at his current club.

When players are unwanted the often come for less money and with a determination to prove their doubters wrong, 2 years for lower money is a reasonable gamble on those guys. Often their old club will chip in some cash.

Ryan Matterson from the Eels is another candidate. 

Out of these three NAS would be my preference followed by Matterson, Horsbough is 3rd pick, but better than no one.

IMO Armone replaces Tetevano, the other guy might be replacing Knight, we also have 2-3 good young props we want to promote, but can use development contacts, with top 30 starting in 2026.

Matterson would suit our system. NAS maybe not so much 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Big worry this round. Big scores. Teams are all off. Defence is terrible. Refs have given too much room. And easy six agains. 

We need to score plenty to win.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 10 Aug 2024 4:50 PM
Big worry this round. Big scores. Teams are all off. Defence is terrible. Refs have given too much room. And easy six agains. 

We need to score plenty to win.

Raiders and Broncos being lapped after playing us does raise some questions.

But we might have contributed to that.

Fast open game with lots high completions suits us.

Being on the wrong end of a constant stream of 6-agains and penalties would make it very tough to win.

No easy games for us, this should be tough unless we can kick away.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I will not be totally surprised if Hutchinson and Underhill come in for Hayward and Hopoi.

We might just want a bit more size.

As long as Hutch and Mann are not on the field at the same time,  it will work. 

Hutch set up  2 trys and scored one in reserve grade last week. That might be a factor. 
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search