An incredibly boring, repetitive thread about ethnic clubs

An incredibly boring, repetitive thread about ethnic clubs

Author
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Benjamin wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:
I think it's time you stopped living in the past.

Our experiences are in the past, but there's a footballing future in our hands.

And this is the key point.

We don't want to live in the past.

We want to live in the future with the rest of you. We WANT to move forward, but we aren't allowed.

I agree.. Finding the right roadmap to the ultimate destination, for all to follow, is a top priority.

Edited by heart_fan: 17/8/2010 05:01:01 PM
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Minimalistix wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:
What a crying shame that these small-time racist clubs are still trying to destroy the game in this country. You'd think they'd have learned that that is not the way forward.

just a bunch of whiney bitches cause they cant have there ethnic only clubs in the A league.

They talk about what there clubs have done for football in australia yet demographically if they had the format clubs have now it would of been alot more successful and there clubs would still be in the top level.but no they choose to alienate people and go for ethnicitys=racist=unaustralian.

and whys it racist? because its disrespectful to ALL people living in australia because they cant/wouldnt want to go to a football match where they feel alienated and most importantly this is australia.

not crotia or greece or italy etc.

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:39:18 PM

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:43:49 PM

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:47:24 PM

Canadians, nor New Zealanders seem to have a problem embracing ethnic Club, only your red neck type do, aka, majority of A-league supporters.

maybe cuz they dont give a shit about football?with ethnic clubs canada isnt gonna embrace football why would they when a team in there location is serbia something?obviosly there only gonna get support from serbians and considering the population of canada is canadian , football is never gonna build there.

and its the same with australia it wont grow with ethnic clubs your a moron if u want ethnic only clubs and dont want to mix with the rest of the population.

Lack of respect for the country you live in.

Edited by glory recruit: 17/8/2010 04:00:23 PM
Minimalistix
Minimalistix
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I got no problem with ethnic clubs mixing with the rest of the population, it is you who has an issue with mixing with ethnic clubs. don't pin this back on us.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

oh yeah id like to c u follow a club called anglo saxon australian united?

ofc you've got no problem with it because you are part of a minority , id bet you have a problem with it in your heritaged country.though you'll say you wouldnt.

Edited by glory recruit: 17/8/2010 04:03:53 PM

Edited by glory recruit: 17/8/2010 04:04:17 PM
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Glory Recruit wrote:
oh yeah id like to c u follow a club called anglo saxon australian united?

ofc you've got no problem with it because you are part of a minority , id bet you have a problem with it in your heritaged country.though you'll say you wouldnt.

Edited by glory recruit: 17/8/2010 04:03:53 PM

Edited by glory recruit: 17/8/2010 04:04:17 PM

anglo saxon united? thats a bit ridiculous in comparison to SOUTH MELBOURNE which actually represents a suburb and part of our city, what the hell does anglo saxon united represent? what city/suburb would they be from? come back with something better if you can.
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Ethnic clubs have their place in the game, as do broadbased clubs.

Finding what that is though is the hardest part.

Like it or not, clubs like SMFC were, and still are, viewed with caution, due to the nature of what they were associated with. When the broader public hear the name, they think of a brand which was mono-ethnic and home to scenes of crowd violence, usually racial based. Whether or not it is the actual reality is not the point, it is a damaged product for the game at this stage, as it is what is embedded in peoples heads. Unfortiunately siitautions, which led to this court case, really have not helped in the PR department for the FFV or SMFC. No one won that war.

The ultimate way forward is for the state leagues to be strengthened up, for all clubs to get their correct representative cut of transfers and for a FFA Cup style comp to be started.

The main punishment the SMFC, and clubs that were perceived to have the same values, was to be excluded from the HAL, for a fresh start. They should not be penalised forever though, as they do have a definate place in the sport.

Hank
Hank
Amateur
Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Minimalistix wrote:
Arthur wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Quote:

Please explain the practised policy of exclusion, with examples if you could.

And the answer to the above, is?

I went to a Sydney Croatia game. I was greeted in Croatian by the ticket seller. The chanting at the game was 95% Croatian. There was violence towards the opposition during the match.

Hmmmm.

And they serve Croatian food too.

scouser_roat would have been appalled with the amount of ethnic food at this game, like the Cevapi :D haha

FC Bossy have the best Cevapi though (awaits for all the Serbs and Cro's to go off at me)

Hey, Spider says the best Cevapi in Sydney is at King Tom so end of story:p

Guys, guys, guys; best Cevapi is hands down Jensen Park - Bankstown City Lions...
Hank
Hank
Amateur
Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)Amateur (630 reputation)

Minimalistix wrote:
Being Jewish is also ethnicity moron.

No shit you Division 2, reserve grade muppet; I'M FUCKING JEWISH!

Do you think that's what he was talking about when he exclaimed the Sydney FC board were Jewish? I was trying to make a simple point to the rather simple TheKAT...
PAOKTZI
PAOKTZI
Amateur
Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)

Hank wrote:
Minimalistix wrote:

Do you think that's what he was talking about when he exclaimed the Sydney FC board were Jewish? I was trying to make a simple point to the rather simple TheKAT...

which synagogue do you go to? the same one sydney fc board goes to?
Hank
Hank
Amateur

PAOKTZI wrote:
Hank wrote:
Minimalistix wrote:

which synagogue do you go to? the same one sydney fc board goes to?

Never said I went... Where do you get your back waxed, the same place as the Olympic canteen ladies?
Minimalistix
Minimalistix
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

are the 10 cent pieces you pay these Olympic ladies earned, or found on the ground :lol:
Minimalistix
Minimalistix
Semi-Pro

i fucked ur daddy ;)
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Heart_fan wrote:

Like it or not, clubs like SMFC were, and still are, viewed with caution, due to the nature of what they were associated with. When the broader public hear the name, they think of a brand which was mono-ethnic and home to scenes of crowd violence, usually racial based. Whether or not it is the actual reality is not the point, it is a damaged product for the game at this stage, as it is what is embedded in peoples heads. Unfortiunately siitautions, which led to this court case, really have not helped in the PR department for the FFV or SMFC. No one won that war.

The ultimate way forward is for the state leagues to be strengthened up, for all clubs to get their correct representative cut of transfers and for a FFA Cup style comp to be started.

The main punishment the SMFC, and clubs that were perceived to have the same values, was to be excluded from the HAL, for a fresh start. They should not be penalised forever though, as they do have a definate place in the sport.

Funnily enough, Perth Glory spent (IIRC) 1998 or 1999 on a good behaviour bond with the NSL/SA because of several incidents of crowd misbehaviour. Perth, broad-based, a few thousand k from the nearest 'ethnic' NSL club, yet badly behaved... Must be a mistake.

Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class

Benjamin wrote:
Heart_fan wrote:

Funnily enough, Perth Glory spent (IIRC) 1998 or 1999 on a good behaviour bond with the NSL/SA because of several incidents of crowd misbehaviour. Perth, broad-based, a few thousand k from the nearest 'ethnic' NSL club, yet badly behaved... Must be a mistake.

As I just said, it is the nature of the mindset of the public. The violence that occured at some matches, which were linked to SMFC supporter groups at the time, were based on ethnic lines. I think thats where things get very unsettling for the broader public.

As I said before, I am not saying that it is right or wrong, as to the media reporting or the accuracy of the public perception, but it still holds a very bad memory of the sports history.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I know what you are saying. I'm not discounting it. I just think it's a bit rich to use public perception as fact - which is what many seem to do.

Widescale public perception is that the A-League is rubbish and can't survive - do we believe that or do we form our own opinion, push forward and try to build it?

End of the day, I'd still argue that the trouble wasn't ethnic. It was football trouble. Many of the clubs happened to come from an ethnic background... But if Olympic met with South, and trouble followed, was that ethnic trouble? How can it be trouble caused by ethnicity when both sets of fans have the same background..?

It's to do with rival teams rather than rival races.

Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class

Benjamin wrote:
I know what you are saying. I'm not discounting it. I just think it's a bit rich to use public perception as fact - which is what many seem to do.

Widescale public perception is that the A-League is rubbish and can't survive - do we believe that or do we form our own opinion, push forward and try to build it?

End of the day, I'd still argue that the trouble wasn't ethnic. It was football trouble. Many of the clubs happened to come from an ethnic background... But if Olympic met with South, and trouble followed, was that ethnic trouble? How can it be trouble caused by ethnicity when both sets of fans have the same background..?

It's to do with rival teams rather than rival races.

I think it is possible that things actually stemmed from the trigger points that really caused the issues. For example, with the waving of Greek and FYI Makendona flags, for instance, and the subsequent reactions that seemed to stem from such actions, many issues seemed to flow at those games.

It was football violence, but it is very debateable if the root cause was more based on ethnic tensions, or devisions based on race, or if it was pure footballing passion. It is the unknown.

Edited by heart_fan: 18/8/2010 03:57:34 PM
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

I cannot believe that PAOKTZI or whatever needed to start a thread in AF when this perfectly good thread was available for him to post his rubbish in.

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

General Ashnak wrote:
I cannot believe that PAOKTZI or whatever needed to start a thread in AF when this perfectly good thread was available for him to post his rubbish in.

His argument really was that why should NSWPL stories be put in 'Grass Roots' when they're an
'Australian club'...

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

Because it is the forum for all state league matters and the grass roots? Is it that hard to figure out?

Plus the only people who actively denegrate their clubs are themselves with their stupid and illogical ramblings.

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

“...But Dome insists that the club has the fight to take home the A-League championship after what has already been their best finish ever.

“This is a ‘home’ Finals match for us and although we can’t celebrate with all our supporters at Sky Stadium, we want as many Kiwis as possible to tune into the game this Saturday night at 7pm on Sky Sport 7," Dome said.”

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/this-club-has-sacrificed-more-than-any-other-in-the-a-league-552135

So if you are a NZ ethnic come along

sav
sav
Hacker
Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)

I Think alot has changed since then. I guess the A-league was the step that was needed to be taken, as the NSL clubs where more based on their ethnic roots, and truly didn't appeal to a broader range of supporters. In saying that i am of ethnic background and my father was an ex professional footballer, and the reason my parents ended up in Australia (thank god) was due to the introduction of the Philips soccer league to which my Dad arrived as one of the new contracted players back in 77.After dad retired he stay involved in a particular NSL club and  i spent abit of my youth watching the happenings around the club at the time. I cant say i was passionate about this Particular club or any NSL club, but i do remember being excited about some of the player that would play for the clubs especially at national level. the positives i can draw towards these clubs is that they still provide a platform for kids to go up the ranks (my nephew is playing for a rival club at u15 level). i can see nowdays the coaching and the way the kids play is quite professional, i mean if you go watch a game now you will think to yourself, if we keep going like this in 5-10 years our socceroos are going to be EPIC. Now obviously there is still politics (different thread i know) and all the kids want to play for the wanderers or Syd fc (in that age group) but its a great positive that these clubs are also there competing, and offering these kids a pathway, to which it can benefit our national team and national game. i can also note from experience, that a state league club is very expensive to run. there are lots of fees and costs (i know the kids pay high regos) but that does line FNSW pockets and not the clubs, and the clubs are pretty much funded by the relevant ethnic communities donations or passionate individuals. this in turn keeps the club afloat for these kids to continue the pathway and hopefully get picked up by A league clubs and continue their footballing journey and thus produce more socceroos (i love the socceroos :) ).

i am also a big SydFc fan, but i truly dislike the Cove. i remember one game in  particular there was an AFC game on, and i foolishly decided to sit with the Cove. the chants were absolutely disguising with thinks like " with a nick nack paddy whack give a dog a bone asian b#%tards F%#k off home" (that was one of the softer ones). 
unfortunately racism does pop up from time to time. 

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

sav - 11 Nov 2020 8:07 AM
I Think alot has changed since then. I guess the A-league was the step that was needed to be taken, as the NSL clubs where more based on their ethnic roots, and truly didn't appeal to a broader range of supporters. In saying that i am of ethnic background and my father was an ex professional footballer, and the reason my parents ended up in Australia (thank god) was due to the introduction of the Philips soccer league to which my Dad arrived as one of the new contracted players back in 77.After dad retired he stay involved in a particular NSL club and  i spent abit of my youth watching the happenings around the club at the time. I cant say i was passionate about this Particular club or any NSL club, but i do remember being excited about some of the player that would play for the clubs especially at national level. the positives i can draw towards these clubs is that they still provide a platform for kids to go up the ranks (my nephew is playing for a rival club at u15 level). i can see nowdays the coaching and the way the kids play is quite professional, i mean if you go watch a game now you will think to yourself, if we keep going like this in 5-10 years our socceroos are going to be EPIC. Now obviously there is still politics (different thread i know) and all the kids want to play for the wanderers or Syd fc (in that age group) but its a great positive that these clubs are also there competing, and offering these kids a pathway, to which it can benefit our national team and national game. i can also note from experience, that a state league club is very expensive to run. there are lots of fees and costs (i know the kids pay high regos) but that does line FNSW pockets and not the clubs, and the clubs are pretty much funded by the relevant ethnic communities donations or passionate individuals. this in turn keeps the club afloat for these kids to continue the pathway and hopefully get picked up by A league clubs and continue their footballing journey and thus produce more socceroos (i love the socceroos :) ).

i am also a big SydFc fan, but i truly dislike the Cove. i remember one game in  particular there was an AFC game on, and i foolishly decided to sit with the Cove. the chants were absolutely disguising with thinks like " with a nick nack paddy whack give a dog a bone asian b#%tards F%#k off home" (that was one of the softer ones). 
unfortunately racism does pop up from time to time. 

Sounds like one that was modified from games against Victory
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Hmmm, it is imperative that these types continue to heap shit on the  ALeague on the WU thread like usual.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search