Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/gallery-15.html
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

H&G: Bid by 'Meriton' (Lim) is still on table and better than nesv, as is an offer from Mill Financial!
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
12.34pm:Back to court: "Representative for Hicks and Gillett claims case against them paints 'misleading picture of the issues'. This case is not about, he says, the owners trying to maintain their ownership of the club. They accept reality that their ownership will shortly come to an end. It's also not about owners trying to put spanner in the works regarding a sale. The owners accept that some sort of sale will have to occur. They are not intent on stopping sale to NESV. The owners' issue is that the board did not properly enter into the NESV agreement in that the directors did not properly consider alternative offers and so it is they who are in breach of the terms of the sale agreement with RBS."

Scum.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

i just can't believe this is happening to the club... the whole thing with Lim and Hicks is just soul destroying if it happens
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

12.40pm: H&G's represenatitives: "This is not about the owners trying to force Liverpool into administration or another form of insolvency. Claims RBS themselves could force sale through. This dispute then is about maintaining terms of the sale agreement: mainly that all alternative offers are properly considered by the board before an offer is accepted."
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

I love the way H&G are saying that this wasn't in the best interest of the club despite rejecting offers of over 100m MORE than the NESV bid.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

H&G QC: Bid by Mill Financial (hedge fund who now own G's shares) would pay off all debt and committ to 100m on new stadium
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

12.42pm: The secondary offer that H&G's representatives refer to is from Mill Financial. The offer includes repaying all debts and putting £100m towards the new stadium. Mill Financial took over some of Gillett's stake. Mill Financial were meant to meet Broughton last Thursday to discuss a possible takeover but it was cancelled. Hicks and Gillett's representative wants to know why this meeting was cancelled. Mill Financial remain interested in buying Liverpool.

this is out of the blue for me... i heard something a while back but that was ages ago
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
H&G QC: Bid by Mill Financial (hedge fund who now own G's shares) would pay off all debt and committ to 100m on new stadium

When are those american cnuts going to get the message?
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

The Doctor wrote:
i just can't believe this is happening to the club... the whole thing with Lim and Hicks is just soul destroying if it happens

Wont let it happen
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

im not nervous anymore, i just feel sick, just i don't know if i could actually take this if they get away with this, i know it'd be arsehole but i'm actually starting to think i might consider walking away from liverpool
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
im not nervous anymore, i just feel sick, just i don't know if i could actually take this if they get away with this, i know it'd be arsehole but i'm actually starting to think i might consider walking away from liverpool

Don't be afraid of the dark, mate.

Just wait for that goddamn lark. It's coming.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

The Doctor wrote:

I'm nervous, I feel sick, I've got the shakes and I'm fairly sure I'm a whisker away from crying.
Quote:
12.53pm: A tweet: "Mr Justice Floyd likes to think about his decisions over lunch, so don't expect #LFCTRIAL judgment before 2pm." We shall soon find out...

Get fucked. I can't take much more of this.

And yes, if Hicks is successful in keeping hold of the club, I too am considering nolonger supporting them. They mean everything to me, but I couldn't sit here and watch that.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

So, we wait until midnight...
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

imnofreak wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Don't be afraid of the dark, mate.

Just wait for that goddamn lark. It's coming.

IS IT... thats what i want to know is it... i could take relegation, one of my mates is a leeds supporter and i remember how devestated he was when it happened, and i've got a sunderland who's learnt to live with that possobility, i can accept relegation, but this whole financial mess, the potential owner being a man united supporter, everything that is wrong with the game, it has to be worth the effort, doesn't it?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

I just realised something...the Mills deal is irreleevant. Because it's an ownership structure involving Tom Hicks it won't be approved by the EPL because he's sent the club into administration.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

just... this is horrible, this is just i don't know how to describe this, i remember Istanbul, i remember getting beat by Leeds when we were 3-0 up, i remember John Arne Riise against United, i remember Murphy, Steve Macmanaman, The Spice Boys, fuck i ever remember that Roy Evans, but fuck just don't let this happen, just don't
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

thats lunch
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

so about 10 past 12
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

The court is in recess.

Looks like we'll have to wait about an hour for the verdict now.
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

jesus
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

From LFC

Didn't Broughton say that the meeting took place but Hicks and Gillett refused to take part in that meeting? This was the meeting before which Hicks attempted to sack Purslow and Ayre. If so, the claim that no meeting of the board took place rests entirely on the assumption that the removal of P and A was legitimate, therefore their meeting with Broughton did not constitute a board meeting. If the judge rules that the removal of P and A was illegitimate, then the meeting was a board meeting, and H&G were asked to take part but refused to.

imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

And again

12.59pm: H&G's representative in court: "Claims Meriton wrote letter to Hicks and Gillett on Friday evening asking 'what was going on' regarding their takeover bid."

This is such an obvious set up!

So Mr Lim didn't know for three days that NESV's bid had been accepted when the rest of the world did? And when he found out on Friday afternoon, he wrote a letter to Hicks and Gillett instead of ringing them?

No chance. Hicks got in touch with him and told him to write a letter so he could use it in court.

The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

scouse_roar wrote:
jesus

no... Martin Broughton
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

imnofreak wrote:
From LFC

Didn't Broughton say that the meeting took place but Hicks and Gillett refused to take part in that meeting? This was the meeting before which Hicks attempted to sack Purslow and Ayre. If so, the claim that no meeting of the board took place rests entirely on the assumption that the removal of P and A was legitimate, therefore their meeting with Broughton did not constitute a board meeting. If the judge rules that the removal of P and A was illegitimate, then the meeting was a board meeting, and H&G were asked to take part but refused to.

This should be the reality of the matter. It should be stiched up pretty quickly.
Quote:
no... Martin Broughton

+1.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

I have faith in MB and the board. Lets get this shit sorted, please.

I'm not panicking... think we're in a good position.

35mins...
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

imnofreak wrote:

well i'd like you taking a penalty for my life if your not panicking or ready to be admitted
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

1.10pm: Over lunch we will try to analyse what has been argued this morning. And clear up who is actually bidding for Liverpool Football Club.

Contrary to earlier impressions, it would seem that Meriton and Mill Financial are not the same bidder. It is believed that Peter Lim and Meriton are, in fact, the same bidder. I have amended earlier copy to reflect this.

Mill Financial are understood to still be involved, but it is unclear in what capacity.

imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
imnofreak wrote:

well i'd like you taking a penalty for my life if your not panicking or ready to be admitted

Gotta say, I'm pretty good from the spot :P

I'm just trying to keep it all under control until it's sorted. Stressing doesn't help anything.

Maybe it's my years of performing as well... I'm used to being under pressure.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

Funky's an eager observor but hasn't said anything... just thought id note that :)
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search