The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13 Champions!

The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13...

Author
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
massive atmosphere - so close thought we had it with a minute to go - roar fans were shocked with plenty walking out - but alas im devastated..... so close so frikin close
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Sorry, lads. We didn't want it to happen like that. Football can be cruel.
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:
Sorry, lads. We didn't want it to happen like that. Football can be cruel.

Thanks Scouse - enjoy the party!!!
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Yeh too right if we were going to come second - let it be to a football playing team like the roar
stinger061
stinger061
Hacker
Hacker (359 reputation)Hacker (359 reputation)Hacker (359 reputation)Hacker (359 reputation)Hacker (359 reputation)Hacker (359 reputation)Hacker (359 reputation)Hacker (359 reputation)Hacker (359 reputation)Hacker (359 reputation)Hacker (359 reputation)

Just want to back up the praise for the Mariners fans.

I was sat in the bay next to the bulk of the Mariners fans and you guys were fantastic throughout and played a massive role in what was a simply sensational day of football. I've never seen a more shattered group of people after the game but I was delighted to see so many stick around, no doubt partly due to the shock of what had happened but also to acknowledge your players as well as the efforts of the Roar.

There were no crowd issues at all during or after the game as far as I am aware and you guys handled yourselves impeccably throughout.

Thankyou for being a part of such an amazing day
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

stinger061 wrote:
Just want to back up the praise for the Mariners fans.

I was sat in the bay next to the bulk of the Mariners fans and you guys were fantastic throughout and played a massive role in what was a simply sensational day of football. I've never seen a more shattered group of people after the game but I was delighted to see so many stick around, no doubt partly due to the shock of what had happened but also to acknowledge your players as well as the efforts of the Roar.

There were no crowd issues at all during or after the game as far as I am aware and you guys handled yourselves impeccably throughout.

Thankyou for being a part of such an amazing day

It was an amazing event , the torrential downpour , the exhilaration of being up by two and the silence of the stadium , then one and then two goals to even it up and the devastation of losing it in the shootout. So glad i was there to experience it.

But its only time between us and massive glory , the way we have been transformed under Arnie is extraordinary and our journey has only just begun.

Look out a league!
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
All of the above about our prospects for next season are correct but... that's like 7 months away! It's gonna take a while for the pain to stop :'(
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

I keep saying "I still cant believe it!" , must have said it a thousand times and when I just put my kids to bed they asked " do you believe it yet dad?" and i replied " i still cant believe it!"
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

go you yellow wrote:
I keep saying "I still cant believe it!" , must have said it a thousand times and when I just put my kids to bed they asked " do you believe it yet dad?" and i replied " i still cant believe it!"

I think it was a little surreal waking up today for Roar fans too. Can't imagine how you guys feel. Hope you guys keep your team together - if so I feel a new 'rivalry' beginning.

Great away support at Suncorp. Arnold, Ryan and others all very classy in their post-game speeches/interviews. Congrats.
HaJo
HaJo
Fan
Fan (55 reputation)Fan (55 reputation)Fan (55 reputation)Fan (55 reputation)Fan (55 reputation)Fan (55 reputation)Fan (55 reputation)Fan (55 reputation)Fan (55 reputation)Fan (55 reputation)Fan (55 reputation)

Class all round. Heard no negatives from these guys
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

HaJo wrote:
Class all round. Heard no negatives from these guys

Yeh nothing but class interactions all day , walking around the ground inside and out , roar fans were awesome , offered and took a great snap of me and family in suncorp , and the following the game had a meal in milton and had some great discussions with roar fans in the restaurant.

Sounds corny but a great night for football!

Btw bring on the mariners dynasty!
one_toouch
one_toouch
Hacker
Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)

if they can keep the core of their sqauds together we will have 2 well coached teams that Aus football can support as opposed to the current relics embarrassing us ATM
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

one_toouch wrote:
if they can keep the core of their sqauds together we will have 2 well coached teams that Aus football can support as opposed to the current relics embarrassing us ATM

well we have 19 of 22 under contract for next year - so we pretty much will unless someone makes big cash offers for our young fellas - which will only help the cause...

MARINERS DYNASTY on its way.....
ned7
ned7
Amateur
Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)

Echo the sentiments of all the other Roar fans in here. One thing though, that makes me even happier that we won, is that we didnt have to put up with Arnie's smugness/arrogance had your mob won... I just cant stand that bloke so much...

I do enjoy his psychology lessons though :lol:
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Bit of Arnie bashing going on in all the GF threads so I thought I'd post this here. I'm not sure if anyone caught Fox FC on Tuesday night but Arnie's interview was very interesting from a CCM supporter's perspective. He spoke about inheriting 4 central strikers and having no wingers. When he spent a couple of weeks at Chelsea with Guus he had the same problem and was playing a 4-4-2 narrow diamond which is apparently the next best to a 4-3-3. Anyway I thought we punched well above our weight this year and I'm expecting big things for next year especially if we find those pacy wide men and offload Mrdja and McBreen.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

neverwozza wrote:
Bit of Arnie bashing going on in all the GF threads so I thought I'd post this here. I'm not sure if anyone caught Fox FC on Tuesday night but Arnie's interview was very interesting from a CCM supporter's perspective. He spoke about inheriting 4 central strikers and having no wingers. When he spent a couple of weeks at Chelsea with Guus he had the same problem and was playing a 4-4-2 narrow diamond which is apparently the next best to a 4-3-3. Anyway I thought we punched well above our weight this year and I'm expecting big things for next year especially if we find those pacy wide men and offload Mrdja and McBreen.

How exciting is this ? love the anticipation....
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Hey lads , josh rose picked up the mariners medal, i think he was a very worthy winner! As the premier left back in the league - well done josh

Edited by go you yellow: 21/3/2011 03:36:09 PM
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

go you yellow wrote:
Hey lads , josh rose picked up the mariners medal, i think he was a very worthy winner! As the premier left back in the league - well done josh

Edited by go you yellow: 21/3/2011 03:36:09 PM

Yep.

Josh Rose: Player's player of the year

Matt Simon: Golden Boot with 11 goals this season (followed by Kwas with 10).

Honourable mention: Matt Ryan for an outstanding season in which he won not only the young player of the year voted by every A-League player, but also the the Joe Marston Medal for man of the match in the Grand Final.

=d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d>

go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Also confirmed Nik Mrdja is retiring, freeing up space for another Arnie recruitment opportunity.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

go you yellow wrote:
Also confirmed Nik Mrdja is retiring, freeing up space for another Arnie recruitment opportunity.

Is there an official link for this? I need it if there is one.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

aghhh perez is going home - on compassionate grounds - being released from final year of contracts
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

cbowden9000 wrote:
go you yellow wrote:

Arnie confirmed it Monday at the mariners medal presentation, I also thought I read it somewhere , ill try and find it
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

It was on the world game site , story was Arnold maps out next assault. I cant post the link sorry.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

go you yellow wrote:
cbowden9000 wrote:
go you yellow wrote:

Arnie confirmed it Monday at the mariners medal presentation, I also thought I read it somewhere , ill try and find it

Yeah I know it's confirmed but the stupid club website never has anything!!! I need a solid link, preferably from the official A-League or CCM website.

-Oh and damn it Perez!!!
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Yeh its a shame , he didnt play a lot but was quite influentiall upon the game we now love and really got the midfield diamond working. Hope the club sorts out its finances to get the cash Arnie needs to get the right guys on the park next season.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Has Singo stumped up the cash yet to save the day?
ccmpete
ccmpete
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Joffa wrote:

I read in the SMH today that Singo has backed down as the Mariners believe they can handle it or something like that. I'll see if I can find the article online.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

ccmpete wrote:
Joffa wrote:

I read in the SMH today that Singo has backed down as the Mariners believe they can handle it or something like that. I'll see if I can find the article online.

well that is a positive for CCM, not that Singo wouldn't be good value to have on board.

Any idea how membership sales are tracking?
ccmpete
ccmpete
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

wrote:
Meanwhile, advertising guru John Singleton is believed to have backed away from a takeover of Central Coast Mariners.

The Mariners, meantime, met their wage bill last week despite ongoing cash problems. Singleton's mooted investment now looks unlikely. Club chairman Peter Turnbull declined to elaborate, saying: ''The wages were always going to be paid, it was never going to be any different.''

The Mariners, unbeaten in 11 pre-season games so far, open the season with a grand final rematch against Brisbane on October 8.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/culina-out-for-year-but-striker-still-jets-priority-20110920-1kjk4.html#ixzz1Yaa7CLdw

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/culina-out-for-year-but-striker-still-jets-priority-20110920-1kjk4.html
ccmpete
ccmpete
Semi-Pro

Joffa wrote:
Any idea how membership sales are tracking?

Last I heard, about a month ago, numbers were about 3000... I think. :d
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search