Coaching courses and badges.

Coaching courses and badges.

Author
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Draupnir wrote:
That's great though mate. Congratulations on the position anyway, it gives hope to others, heh.

Are you going to go for a community course first or an elite one?

I guess I'll try a community course first, just to get the feel for them. Then move on through the elite courses.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Nice! If you get that done in time, you should come and possibly join tjwhalan, Steelinho and I for the Central C license in Canberra this October.
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

That could be interesting meeting some of the guys from here face to face. I'll look into it.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Draupnir wrote:
Nice! If you get that done in time, you should come and possibly join tjwhalan, Steelinho and I for the Central C license in Canberra this October.

Steelinho already has his C Licence.

He is currently doing his B Licence.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Decentric wrote:
Draupnir wrote:

I know, I'm jealous! He said a few pages back that he'd be up for doing the Youth C license which is run in conjunction with the Senior C license.

Edited by Draupnir: 29/5/2013 06:18:33 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
Draupnir wrote:
That's great though mate. Congratulations on the position anyway, it gives hope to others, heh.

Are you going to go for a community course first or an elite one?

I guess I'll try a community course first, just to get the feel for them. Then move on through the elite courses.

Even though I've done the C Licence and KNVB Youth Certificate, I feel like I know absolutely nothing[/i[i]] about football compared to the local FFA staff coaches and the NTC assistant coaches.

Most of these guys take the local FFA courses, including the regional FFA Advanced Coaching C Licences and the imminent regional B Licence.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I should also say that one of my instructors has said the new FFA NC C LIcences are possibly harder than old A Licences a decade ago.

The courses are getting more difficult all the time. FFA want Australian coaching courses to be world renowned. Apparently only Japan and Australia are able to construct the content of their own licences that are different to the Asian Confed generic licences.

A few years ago in Europe only Holland, France and Italy were able to formulate their own national courses that differed from the generic UEFA licences.
switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

the cost of doing all these courses must be quite pricey. I mean if they keep revising the course content after you have finished it, isn't it going to be a financial burden?
Im curious because i was thinking of doing these courses just like you guys but work and paying off the mortgage have limited any free time i have.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

switters wrote:
the cost of doing all these courses must be quite pricey. I mean if they keep revising the course content after you have finished it, isn't it going to be a financial burden?
Im curious because i was thinking of doing these courses just like you guys but work and paying off the mortgage have limited any free time i have.

It really is a bit of a stretch. TJ and I mentioned a page back that the prices for the central C license including accommodation is ridiculous at $2640. Taking into account that the C license basically doesn't even exist in the UEFA confederation it's massively disappointing. Sure, it's an investment into your own future, but what can the average C license holder be expected to be paid in a position where a C license is required?

The Pro Diploma being so expensive (I think it's around $5k+) kind of makes sense as you need multiple years of high level experience, so there'd be plenty of time to save up for that - Unless you're on a great salary at an A League club or they pay for it.

It might be worth looking at doing them regionally switters, if you live anywhere near where they offer it of course. Decentric will be able to let you know more about that route, but it's held over a number of days over a couple of months so it's easier to plan things around it.

Edited by Draupnir: 29/5/2013 07:11:16 PM
the.football.God
the.football.God
Fan
Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)

The FFA keep saying they deliver the courses as cheaply as possible for its participants but that's hard to believe when you see the difference in prices for this C License. The accommodation is nowhere near that much for a week, it's more like a third of that usually for state teams that stay there.
tjwhalan
tjwhalan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Has anyone else looked at the Youth C in Canberra in October

I asked the NNSW TD and he said there would be a regional one next year but their Idea of Regional is Newcastle which is basically just as expensive even if it is a little closer.

Edited by tjwhalan: 5/8/2013 10:03:52 AM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

tjwhalan wrote:

I asked the NNSW TD and he said there would be a regional one next year but their Idea of Regional is Newcastle which is basically just as expensive even if it is a little closer.

I may go to some of this.

This will have the Youth Component of the new C Licence. The one I did earlier this year was for Senior players.

I thought the C Licence was excellent, but I think Possession Football would agree with me, the KNVB Youth Training Certificate we did was excellent augmenting the FFA Advanced Courses.

I also found the Skills Acquisition Program 2 day course invaluable for coaching technique. The FFA state Regional conference was also good for emphasising the value of rondos.

Underpinned by these other three courses, the C Licence was a very good course. However, only 4 of our intake of 24, did the SAP 2 day course. I think the other 20 needed the SAP course as well as the C Licence. Without the underpinning courses, I'm not so sure about the value of the FFA C Licence. However, I didn't do the FFA Senior Licence as a precursor.

I've done some coaching this year with a football mate's state league club senior team. He has a FFA Senior Licence. I'm surprised how he lacks confidence with the 1-4-3-3. He is a brilliant player manager though.

Edited by Decentric: 5/8/2013 11:49:46 PM
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

tjwhalan wrote:

I will be attending the Senior C in October in Canberra. It's run in conjunction with the Youth module for much of it and they overlap a bit from what I've read and asked/been told.

I will be in Sydney by the time it starts so Canberra or Newcastle is fine with me.. Probably cheaper for Newcastle but more of a hassle for me as it will be staggered days instead of a residential week..
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Draupnir wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Draupnir wrote:

I know, I'm jealous! He said a few pages back that he'd be up for doing the Youth C license which is run in conjunction with the Senior C license.

Edited by Draupnir: 29/5/2013 06:18:33 PM

There is an expectation in this state, that those of us working with youth, do the Youth part of the C Licence. That is even for those guys who did the C Licence this year, where there was only a Senior component. It is free for us. However, the local dates don't suit. I have a few music events and other social events to attend. I have relatives in the ACT, so I' ll start making contact with Capital Football about the C Licence. It would be intersting to meet up with you, TJ Whalan and Steelinho.

I think Rob Sherman is one of the instructors. We had him in Hobart, as a guest instructor. He was good.

Edited by Decentric: 11/8/2013 04:40:07 PM
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Am thinking of doing my Senior Football Certs and Licence this upcoming October.

https://coaching.footballaustralia.com.au/public/coaching/course.asp?UDF35=219&courseID=58464&courseFull=0

Do you need to be an official coach of a team to do it? I have been unofficially helping a guy coach a juniors team (currently under 15s) for 2-3 years now, I take a large amount of my senior teams trainings when our coach can't make it, and have 5 years or so of state league football experience playing. There'd be no issues me signing up to this, yeah?

tjwhalan
tjwhalan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

pv4 wrote:
Am thinking of doing my Senior Football Certs and Licence this upcoming October.

https://coaching.footballaustralia.com.au/public/coaching/course.asp?UDF35=219&courseID=58464&courseFull=0

Do you need to be an official coach of a team to do it? I have been unofficially helping a guy coach a juniors team (currently under 15s) for 2-3 years now, I take a large amount of my senior teams trainings when our coach can't make it, and have 5 years or so of state league football experience playing. There'd be no issues me signing up to this, yeah?

No you would be fine, they want as many people around football as possible taking these courses so they would be glad to have you there.
tjwhalan
tjwhalan
Semi-Pro

I just got confirmation of entry in the Central C license and just skimming over the readings (one document has over 250 pages) I am very impressed with the content. One of the topics I found interesting was the exercises requiring analyzing several photos of team shape during matches, firstly describing what is wrong (in accordance to you footballing philosophy) and then going on to implement desired changes in a training session.
I wont have time to read through it all until uni finishes but I cant wait, it looks like it will be an extremely detailed course.

I might upload some of the content here for discussion as I haven't seen any advanced pathway material on here. I'm assuming it wouldn't infringe any copyright law, would it?

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

tjwhalan wrote:
I just got confirmation of entry in the Central C license and just skimming over the readings (one document has over 250 pages) I am very impressed with the content. One of the topics I found interesting was the exercises requiring analyzing several photos of team shape during matches, firstly describing what is wrong (in accordance to you footballing philosophy) and then going on to implement desired changes in a training session.
I wont have time to read through it all until uni finishes but I cant wait, it looks like it will be an extremely detailed course.

I might upload some of the content here for discussion as I haven't seen any advanced pathway material on here. I'm assuming it wouldn't infringe any copyright law, would it?

When is the FFA going to finally release the Revised NC? Its been a while....
tjwhalan
tjwhalan
Semi-Pro

The revised curriculum as I understand it will just go in greater detail on how to implement the curriculum objectives. I heard a few months ago it was later this year so it must be soon.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

tjwhalan wrote:
The revised curriculum as I understand it will just go in greater detail on how to implement the curriculum objectives. I heard a few months ago it was later this year so it must be soon.

Ok thanks mate, i just realised this after going through this thread earlier i actually wonder why its taken so long anyway lol.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I'm attending the Senior and Youth C License in Sutherland from Saturday. Anyone here attending?
tjwhalan
tjwhalan
Semi-Pro

theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
I'm attending the Senior and Youth C License in Sutherland from Saturday. Anyone here attending?

God, FNSW organizes coach education poorly, I would have definitely gone to that one if I knew it was on.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

tjwhalan wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:

God, FNSW organizes coach education poorly, I would have definitely gone to that one if I knew it was on.

There's a lady called Tricia at FNSW - find her email and ask her to put you on the email list for coaching courses. She emails the people on her list information every time something comes up.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I was going to attend the C Licence and do the Youth content in Canberra. However, we have a big club Gala Day on the 13th, which clashes with the Canberra C Licence.

I've only done the senior C Licence as the youth component wasn't available earlier this year. The new youth Regional C Licence course clashes with social events.:cry:
tjwhalan
tjwhalan
Semi-Pro

Southampton academy documentary

Good documentary on Southamptons academy, also the website its from isa really goodsource for articles and videos.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Just completed a MiniRoos course. Very interesting and informative.

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

TheSelectFew wrote:

Never heard of it. Is that the official name?
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Grassroots discovery phase. 3-9 year olds. FFV sanctioned.

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Grassroots discovery phase. 3-9 year olds. FFV sanctioned.

Awesome. What did they go through and what did you learn?
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Just signed up for another coaching course. they are a good thing everyone should do them but from what i have seen it wont make a good coach from a bad one. JMO
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search