Eurosnobs

Eurosnobs

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
anyone have any stories on dealing with eurosnobs, arguments, debates or even converting one??
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 13 Mar 2019 12:26 PM
anyone have any stories on dealing with eurosnobs, arguments, debates or even converting one??

CR7!!!!!

hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I once called some people on Facebook, watching some exhibition match between some HAL club and Juventus, plastic flogs & they got angry at me.

BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

As angry as I used to get at them, eventually you realise the HAL simply hasn't the high-ground to convert them or whathaveyou.

Once we adhere to the global model in full and they STILL don't want a bar of it...then yeah you can call them out for the gloryhunting posers they are. But no one in their right mind should be resentful @ them for wanting no truck w/the joke plastic closed-comp that's been the HAL since day one.

Edited
3 Years Ago by BA81
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Who the hell is this douche?

You're not the  saviour of football. Here's how you convert them, make it better.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Decentric
LFC.
LFC.
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

silly thread.

Love Football

Georgeg
Georgeg
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)

Most people I know have some love for the game. They may be casuals but if they are into football then they are into football. 
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

I used to hate eurosnobs now im turning into one cause our game is run by donkeys
newton_circus
newton_circus
Amateur
Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)

BA81 - 13 Mar 2019 2:00 PM
As angry as I used to get at them, eventually you realise the HAL simply hasn't the high-ground to convert them or whathaveyou.

Once we adhere to the global model in full and they STILL don't want a bar of it...then yeah you can call them out for the gloryhunting posers they are. But no one in their right mind should be resentful @ them for wanting no truck w/the joke plastic closed-comp that's been the HAL since day one.

totally agree here!

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

vincenzogold - 13 Mar 2019 2:25 PM
I used to hate eurosnobs now im turning into one cause our game is run by donkeys

I used to watch heaps of HAL, now I am also turning into a "eurosnob" because HAL is difficult to watch because
- it is so slow and the constant back passing is boring
- its hard to sustain a relationship with a club when every season there is massive player recycling,
- it is hard to take seriously when it is the only league in the world that thinks giving Bolt a professional contract is a good idea
- there are no incentives to improve or consequences for poor performance (ie CCM's record)
- if I wanted to watch pensioners, I'd go down the local park and watch the over 35's
- the development pathway is broken

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

AJF - 13 Mar 2019 3:11 PM
vincenzogold - 13 Mar 2019 2:25 PM

I used to watch heaps of HAL, now I am also turning into a "eurosnob" because HAL is difficult to watch because
- it is so slow and the constant back passing is boring
- its hard to sustain a relationship with a club when every season there is massive player recycling,
- it is hard to take seriously when it is the only league in the world that thinks giving Bolt a professional contract is a good idea
- there are no incentives to improve or consequences for poor performance (ie CCM's record)
- if I wanted to watch pensioners, I'd go down the local park and watch the over 35's
- the development pathway is broken

Same.

The player recycling is what shits me the most.  How many clubs has Mitch Nicholls played for?

Member since 2008.

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Man have I seen some crap Euro games. Turns me off to know the millions the players get paid there. Extremely poor value for consumer money.
Rather watch the HAL.

In a resort somewhere

AJF
AJF
Pro

paulc - 13 Mar 2019 3:41 PM
Man have I seen some crap Euro games. Turns me off to know the millions the players get paid there. Extremely poor value for consumer money.
Rather watch the HAL.

So this mornings Juve Atleti game offered no value for money, as opposed to what MV put up last night against the seconds at Sanfrecca.

You really are delusional

Josh
Josh
Pro

I love how the eurosnobs love their euro team so much yet have never seen them play live. If you support your team go and watch them
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)