Eurosnobs

Eurosnobs

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
anyone have any stories on dealing with eurosnobs, arguments, debates or even converting one??
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 13 Mar 2019 12:26 PM
anyone have any stories on dealing with eurosnobs, arguments, debates or even converting one??

CR7!!!!!

hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I once called some people on Facebook, watching some exhibition match between some HAL club and Juventus, plastic flogs & they got angry at me.

BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

As angry as I used to get at them, eventually you realise the HAL simply hasn't the high-ground to convert them or whathaveyou.

Once we adhere to the global model in full and they STILL don't want a bar of it...then yeah you can call them out for the gloryhunting posers they are. But no one in their right mind should be resentful @ them for wanting no truck w/the joke plastic closed-comp that's been the HAL since day one.

Edited
5 Years Ago by BA81
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Who the hell is this douche?

You're not the  saviour of football. Here's how you convert them, make it better.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

silly thread.

Love Football

Georgeg
Georgeg
Hacker
Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)

Most people I know have some love for the game. They may be casuals but if they are into football then they are into football. 
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

I used to hate eurosnobs now im turning into one cause our game is run by donkeys
newton_circus
newton_circus
Amateur
Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)

BA81 - 13 Mar 2019 2:00 PM
As angry as I used to get at them, eventually you realise the HAL simply hasn't the high-ground to convert them or whathaveyou.

Once we adhere to the global model in full and they STILL don't want a bar of it...then yeah you can call them out for the gloryhunting posers they are. But no one in their right mind should be resentful @ them for wanting no truck w/the joke plastic closed-comp that's been the HAL since day one.

totally agree here!

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

vincenzogold - 13 Mar 2019 2:25 PM
I used to hate eurosnobs now im turning into one cause our game is run by donkeys

I used to watch heaps of HAL, now I am also turning into a "eurosnob" because HAL is difficult to watch because
- it is so slow and the constant back passing is boring
- its hard to sustain a relationship with a club when every season there is massive player recycling,
- it is hard to take seriously when it is the only league in the world that thinks giving Bolt a professional contract is a good idea
- there are no incentives to improve or consequences for poor performance (ie CCM's record)
- if I wanted to watch pensioners, I'd go down the local park and watch the over 35's
- the development pathway is broken

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

AJF - 13 Mar 2019 3:11 PM
vincenzogold - 13 Mar 2019 2:25 PM

I used to watch heaps of HAL, now I am also turning into a "eurosnob" because HAL is difficult to watch because
- it is so slow and the constant back passing is boring
- its hard to sustain a relationship with a club when every season there is massive player recycling,
- it is hard to take seriously when it is the only league in the world that thinks giving Bolt a professional contract is a good idea
- there are no incentives to improve or consequences for poor performance (ie CCM's record)
- if I wanted to watch pensioners, I'd go down the local park and watch the over 35's
- the development pathway is broken

Same.

The player recycling is what shits me the most.  How many clubs has Mitch Nicholls played for?

Member since 2008.

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Man have I seen some crap Euro games. Turns me off to know the millions the players get paid there. Extremely poor value for consumer money.
Rather watch the HAL.

In a resort somewhere

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

paulc - 13 Mar 2019 3:41 PM
Man have I seen some crap Euro games. Turns me off to know the millions the players get paid there. Extremely poor value for consumer money.
Rather watch the HAL.

So this mornings Juve Atleti game offered no value for money, as opposed to what MV put up last night against the seconds at Sanfrecca.

You really are delusional

Josh
Josh
Pro

I love how the eurosnobs love their euro team so much yet have never seen them play live. If you support your team go and watch them
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

AJF - 13 Mar 2019 3:56 PM

So this mornings Juve Atleti game offered no value for money, as opposed to what MV put up last night against the seconds at Sanfrecca.

if you were a Atleti FAN you would not of got your value for money 
AJF
AJF
Pro

Melbcityguy - 13 Mar 2019 3:58 PM

if you were a Atleti FAN you would not of got your value for money 

True, but you cant argue that Juve havent received sufficient paybeck from their investment in Ronaldo!

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Pick and choose hey lol.

The Euros put all their eggs in one basket with $100's of millions per team and yet still produce crap. Poor value for entertainment overall but if you're addicted like druggies are you'll be prepared to pay for it. At least the HAL is cheap and just as entertaining.

In a resort somewhere

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

AJF - 13 Mar 2019 4:03 PM

True, but you cant argue that Juve havent received sufficient paybeck from their investment in Ronaldo!

the man is a freak 
AJF
AJF
Pro

paulc - 13 Mar 2019 4:05 PM

Pick and choose hey lol.

The Euros put all their eggs in one basket with $100's of millions per team and yet still produce crap. Poor value for entertainment overall but if you're addicted like druggies are you'll be prepared to pay for it. At least the HAL is cheap and just as entertaining.

The best you have is the HAL is cheap, wow, thats really put me and all the 99.999% of football fans who think European leagues are better than the HAL in our place

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

paulc - 13 Mar 2019 4:05 PM

Pick and choose hey lol.

everyone has an opinion hey and what satisfies them.

I'm the type who enjoys both, that way my eyes are wide open for there is good a bad in everything, cheap product expensive product.

Love Football

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

AJF - 13 Mar 2019 4:03 PM

Ronaldo is a freak, there are not too many running around, nor many before him.

CR7 & Messi & then there is a pretty big gap.

Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

As a football fan I don't care who is playing, what competition they are playing in, as long as it's football I will watch it. Unfortunately many put politics and their little agenda not to help the game they profess to love.

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

What are these "Eurosnobs" you talk about?? 🤔

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Im going to bring two points 
1. Eurosnobs just prefer better football the HAL quality just isnt there for people used to watching top quality football if the HAL was quality football and the best players played in it then would we call them HAL snobs? (of course not)  - thus the solution is to improve the HAL 

2. I dont blame anyone for not loving the HAL it is incredibility plastic. The league lacks so many things that i dont blame anyone for not taking it too seriously - No promotion/relegation, the moronic salary cap, no real community engagement and the idiotic finals play offs 

I honestly dont believe in euro snobs because they just enjoy football the way it is meant to be played....the way the rest of the world plays it (bar the MLS) 

Perhaps i am a eurosnob  but i dont mind the HAL but i honestly feel it lacks heart/banter/passion perhaps as the years go on it will continue to improve

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
5 Years Ago by Davstar
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

I guess id consider myself a bit of a Eurosnob convert me? LMAO 

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Zoltan
Zoltan
Hacker
Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)

The problem is when youth coaches from Europe keep telling our young talent that European kids are that much better. From that moment (and if the kid agrees) you have lost 95 pct of the battle. if our young players don't atleast 'think' we are equal then we will win nothing. 

Sport is 95 pct mental

I dont reckon Cahill, Harry and Viduka ever thought they were second best.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Zoltan
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Another loss by an Aus club in the ACL. A(nti-football) League.

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

The way I deal with 'eurosnobs' is by ridiculing peoples' needs to place stupid labels on things.
sethman75
sethman75
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

A League is what happens if you took European football, then took away all the talented players, then all the passion from the fans, then all the history and rivalry, then all the money and excitement and then added incompetent refs and VAR.

What is left is an boring, slow empty shell.

Sure that will convert thousands of new fans.......

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Many Eurosnobs are Eurosnobs because of family history. It gives them that connection and sense of belonging. I understand where they’re coming from a little bit.
For the life of me though, I can’t fathom how the Eurosnobs with no family connection think.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search