Eurosnobs

Eurosnobs

Author
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Melbcityguy - 18 Mar 2019 3:14 PM
Decentric - 18 Mar 2019 2:36 PM

thank you everyone here should be looking to discuss issues to improve the game if not you might as well go join bigfooty 

The problem is - to discuss issues to improve the game here, you have to address the current state of the game, etc...  Some are in complete denial about the current state of the game and immediately accuse you of downtalking the local game as soon as you start to analyse shortcomings.

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 18 Mar 2019 2:22 PM
Benjamin - 14 Mar 2019 1:02 PM

They couldn't.

They didn't qualify for  a WC in 32 years of NSL.

Interesting observation, particularity since NSL was formed in 1977 and was only around for 28 seasons.

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 15 Mar 2019 9:52 AM

Sadly, as time has progressed this forum has become a lot more cynical and negative. The culprits probably aren't very happy in their lives off forum.

Perhaps the posters on here are a reflection of the wider footballing community and are losing interest in the HAL. Just check out the Fox numbers for the Saturday night MV BR match, 19K! If that doesnt give the fanboys a reality check, not sure what will.

Finally, trying to deflect the HAL's problems onto peoples personal lives is quite cynical & negative, dont you think?

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Benjamin - 18 Mar 2019 2:54 PM
Decentric - 18 Mar 2019 2:44 PM

The squad developed in the NSL era is considered to be our Golden Generation - that's not selective information.  As the Golden Generation players have dropped away, so to has the quality of the national team.  You and I both know that given an Asian qualification pathway, with the back up of a play-off for being the 5th best team in the federation, the 1998, 2002 and 2006 squads would have breezed into the world cup finals.

I think Asian football has improved immeasurably since that epoch, but so have other federations.

I don't like the term GG. It has connotations of a naive 'European fan boy mentality'. European football isn't a homogeneous entirety, but one that exudes heterogeneity in terms of quality of European nations overall.

Some of the GG pundits on TV, exude a lack of knowledge about contemporary football compared to their mates who've studied contemporary  coach education since they hung up their boots.

In terms of  club careers the term GG may have merit, but in terms of international football in the same era,  the supposed GG didn't qualify for the WC in 1994, 1998 and 2002.

When I go back to the old videos, most of  the GG players don't look that good when one uses comprehensive technical football performance criteria to evaluate the GG players in Socceroo games - and -   the tactics look naive. Poignantly, global  football has improved markedly since.

I know these points that have been discussed ad infinitum on here. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Group: Awaiting Activation
AJF - 18 Mar 2019 4:03 PM

Perhaps the posters on here are a reflection of the wider footballing community and are losing interest in the HAL. Just check out the Fox numbers for the Saturday night MV BR match, 19K! If that doesnt give the fanboys a reality check, not sure what will.

Finally, trying to deflect the HAL's problems onto peoples personal lives is quite cynical & negative, dont you think?

I'm guilty of the first sentence, AJF!

People who constructively elucidate issues as to why  football is declining are fine.

It is some who take delight in laughing at any failure of our national teams, and, club teams in the ACL that is the issue.

My decline in interest in the HAL, is because Gallop and Lowly knocked back an excellent bid for a team in my neck of the woods.

It is more to do with Fox running football in Oz, and their overlord, Murdoch ( who has induced me to become a political activist against everything he stands for) who  dictate where football will be played that is my grievance.

I'd have also been much keener on the HAL if a new bid had included an established NPL club like South Melb, SU, Melb Knights, ( to see if it works) or/and a regional club, like Canberra. If not Tassie at least give the ACT a go, or Wollongong.

If you are correct that MV and Roar only drew 19 000 spectators, football is struggling even more than I thought.

I blame mismanagement, ego and vendettas, at the highest level football governance for destroying the game in the last four years.

Sadly, we've already seen in in the Tony Labozzetta era in the NSL.  

Edited
3 Years Ago by Decentric
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

Group: Moderators
Decentric - 18 Mar 2019 9:48 PM
Benjamin - 18 Mar 2019 2:54 PM

I think Asian football has improved immeasurably since that epoch, but so have other federations.

I don't like the term GG. It has connotations of a naive 'European fan boy mentality'. European football isn't a homogeneous entirety, but one that exudes heterogeneity in terms of quality of European nations overall.

Some of the GG pundits on TV, exude a lack of knowledge about contemporary football compared to their mates who've studied contemporary  coach education since they hung up their boots.

In terms of  club careers the term GG may have merit, but in terms of international football in the same era,  the supposed GG didn't qualify for the WC in 1994, 1998 and 2002.

When I go back to the old videos, most of  the GG players don't look that good when one uses comprehensive technical football performance criteria to evaluate the GG players in Socceroo games - and -   the tactics look naive. Poignantly, global  football has improved markedly since.

I know these points that have been discussed ad infinitum on here. 

Asian football has moved forward...  Global football has moved forward...  Yet our football has stood still...  Once again, not a strong defence for the quality of the A-League, the FFA's actions, etc.  If our "Golden Generation" wasn't that good - what does that say about the current squad?
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Sadly, as time has progressed this forum has become a lot more cynical and negative. The culprits probably aren't very happy in their lives off forum.

A plethora of positive posters have left 442 in the last five years - and - their loss has detracted from the quality of the forum.  

Good on you for starting threads, Melb City Guy.

Some who incessantly criticise others, never start any threads, never have constructive ideas or see anything positive in what others post.

To digress,  what some local female politicians have incurred from male online trolls has been made public. One can only deduce they are sadists - but also cowards.  

some good posting Decentric and and agree you thoughts re Melb City Guy. there are way too many half glass empty negative flogs doing the rounds.  
localstar
localstar
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

A plethora of positive posters have left 442 in the last five years - and - their loss has detracted from the quality of the forum.  

Good on you for starting threads, Melb City Guy.

Some who incessantly criticise others, never start any threads, never have constructive ideas or see anything positive in what others post.

To digress,  what some local female politicians have incurred from male online trolls has been made public. One can only deduce they are sadists - but also cowards.  

People are entitled to express and opinion, decentric, without you commenting on their private lives.

LFC.