WCQ Playoff: UAE vs Socceroos | 7 June 2022

WCQ Playoff: UAE vs Socceroos | 7 June 2022

Author
aek4969
Fan
Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Jun 2022 1:23 PM
LFC. - 7 Jun 2022 12:18 PM

Mate I know your going to hate me for this but I dont think Im gonna get up for this tomorrow..... I just can't. Dont expect you to understand but this is so disappointing I just dont want to even entertain the faint glimmer of hope because Im sure it is just going to lead to NOTHING. First time in a VERY VERY long time.

In saying that I really, really, really hope I am just being melodramatic and I wake up in the morning and the headlines read "Socceroos Triumph" and 40 posters calling me a weak willed, plastic supporter... I really do :) 

"Socceroos Triumph"   and then we face Peru. Far out....
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Mate I know your going to hate me for this but I dont think Im gonna get up for this tomorrow..... 

I am in the same boat.

Having said that I couldn't watch in 02 qualifier the second leg, but that was because I was too nervous. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

aek4969 - 7 Jun 2022 1:40 PM

"Socceroos Triumph"   and then we face Peru. Far out....

Id still take it..... won't believe it, but Ill still take it :)
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Podiacide - 7 Jun 2022 12:58 PM
How soon after the match are replays normally available on paramount? I might struggle for 4am.

Paramount, I'd say somewhere between 8-12 hours, that's what I've noticed for roos and a-league matches. 
I'd check 10play, in the past roos games have been up a few hours after the end of the broadcast.  
It's so poor, it's been 12 months now,  they should have start over,  pause function already and full matches should be up only a few minutes after the broadcast.  #still complaining.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 7 Jun 2022 1:44 PM

I am in the same boat.

Having said that I couldn't watch in 02 qualifier the second leg, but that was because I was too nervous. 

I havent really  missed many Roos games, but always had hope leading up to any game... this time around...just numb..... :( 
Eg I watched Australia v Brazil in 06 sitting on a milk crate in front of a 24inch tube TV in an empty travel agents office at Venice Airport with 3 Italian cleaners and my wife while on honeymoon hahahahahahah and still expected to win
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)

tsf - 7 Jun 2022 1:13 PM
Old games came up last night on youtube, watched a bit of Uruguay 06 game....

Damn, we were lucky. A lot of fans cry about decisions at the WC but Popovic shouldve been off very early in that game.

The stadium and excitement though - incredible. Amazing seeing the uruguayans freak out from the reception 

You are right about Popa.He was targeting the Uruguayan playmaker Recoba and if had not been subbed for Harry K would have had a red card.

A Uruguayan mate of mine said the booing of his team would have shaken them as they didn't regard Australia as a proper football nation and therefore the crowd would not have been so patriotic.He said booing of an opponent and their anthem  prior to a big match is commonplace in S America.
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)Amateur (686 reputation)

Mate I know your going to hate me for this but I dont think Im gonna get up for this tomorrow..... I just can't. Dont expect you to understand but this is so disappointing I just dont want to even entertain the faint glimmer of hope because Im sure it is just going to lead to NOTHING. First time in a VERY VERY long time.

In saying that I really, really, really hope I am just being melodramatic and I wake up in the morning and the headlines read "Socceroos Triumph" and 40 posters calling me a weak willed, plastic supporter... I really do :) 

If we win will you watch the Peru game?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Booney - 7 Jun 2022 1:53 PM

If we win will you watch the Peru game?

Hahahahahahah probably... hahahahahahah
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Jun 2022 1:51 PM
tsf - 7 Jun 2022 1:44 PM

I havent really  missed many Roos games, but always had hope leading up to any game... this time around...just numb..... :( 
Eg I watched Australia v Brazil in 06 sitting on a milk crate in front of a 24inch tube TV in an empty travel agents office at Venice Airport with 3 Italian cleaners and my wife while on honeymoon hahahahahahah and still expected to win

ha ha awesome. I was behind the goals for that one :) 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

haha MSC always good being the black adder and I'll neva hate you :)
I hear you BUT not having confidence has been the norm for yonks watching our Roos not just this game.
We've been faint glimmer of hopes for so long.
Forgetting that easy early run of wins in this campaign we have hardly looked the better playing side most games but in patchs and the worst is struggling to score from the chances.
Thats US, the pressure is on as we all know, lacking in so much, converting those few chances more than anything else, thats the money ball.
Storey of our lives BUT I can't help myself when its our NT - forget the plastics its our colours/badge/country warts and all thats why I'll get up for it......

Love Football

dave
dave
Weekender
Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Jun 2022 1:56 PM
Booney - 7 Jun 2022 1:53 PM

Hahahahahahah probably... hahahahahahah

tsf - 7 Jun 2022 2:09 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Jun 2022 1:51 PM

ha ha awesome. I was behind the goals for that one :) 

So was I on the right hand side of goals was awesome, the atmosphere was something else nothing in Australian sports comes close to it and i have been to a couple AFL grand Finals but still dosent come close to that atmosphere that day was something i will never forget 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

dave - 7 Jun 2022 3:22 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Jun 2022 1:56 PM

tsf - 7 Jun 2022 2:09 PM

So was I on the right hand side of goals was awesome, the atmosphere was something else nothing in Australian sports comes close to it and i have been to a couple AFL grand Finals but still dosent come close to that atmosphere that day was something i will never forget 

Jealous of you both... When Brazil scored in the dying minutes I had this sweaty old Italian guy hugging me telling me  "Va tutto bene" Australia can still make it out of the group 2 nil to Brazil is nothing... They wanted me to stay and watch the next game as the next flight was 2 hours later. and the airport was empty ... I WAS ON MY HONEYMOON the wife would have killed me... hahahahah just remembered how surreal it is to follow this squad sometimes :)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 7 Jun 2022 2:09 PM
haha MSC always good being the black adder and I'll neva hate you :)
I hear you BUT not having confidence has been the norm for yonks watching our Roos not just this game.
We've been faint glimmer of hopes for so long.
Forgetting that easy early run of wins in this campaign we have hardly looked the better playing side most games but in patchs and the worst is struggling to score from the chances.
Thats US, the pressure is on as we all know, lacking in so much, converting those few chances more than anything else, thats the money ball.
Storey of our lives BUT I can't help myself when its our NT - forget the plastics its our colours/badge/country warts and all thats why I'll get up for it......

Damn you LFC, Ill have to wake up now :)
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Jun 2022 4:00 PM
LFC. - 7 Jun 2022 2:09 PM

Damn you LFC, Ill have to wake up now :)

Jurgen if you please :laugh:
I suspect things haven't changed she still would kill you even more as the years have gone by hahaha

Love Football

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I'll probably get up BUT the advantage of this game is if we win, there's another game in a week. If we lose, it's better you didn;t get up
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

tsf - 7 Jun 2022 1:13 PM
Old games came up last night on youtube, watched a bit of Uruguay 06 game....

Damn, we were lucky. A lot of fans cry about decisions at the WC but Popovic shouldve been off very early in that game.

The stadium and excitement though - incredible. Amazing seeing the uruguayans freak out from the reception 

we were lucky. But it just seemed to be fated for that night. Recoba should have buried an early chance which would have made the task very tough. I turned to my son and said I think we are going to Germany. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 7 Jun 2022 4:31 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Jun 2022 4:00 PM

Jurgen if you please :laugh:
I suspect things haven't changed she still would kill you even more as the years have gone by hahaha

Your not wrong brother. hahahahahahah
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Davide82 - 7 Jun 2022 4:33 PM

I'll probably get up BUT the advantage of this game is if we win, there's another game in a week. If we lose, it's better you didn;t get up

I dont mind losing ... Ive watched Liverpool lose Champions League and Hellas lose two derbies in the last 4 weeks The game goes for 90 minutes and the ball is round as they say,,,, its the way we will lose (I suspect) tomorrow morning that really really shits me....
Proud2BeCanberran
Proud2BeCanberran
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Ffs Taggart and Sainsbury are likely to be ruled out.
SEroos
SEroos
Super Fan
Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)

UAE to win 2-1. Our goal to come from a set piece because we are incapable of scoring from open play. Would love to be wrong.
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

scubaroo - 7 Jun 2022 1:50 PM
Podiacide - 7 Jun 2022 12:58 PM

Paramount, I'd say somewhere between 8-12 hours, that's what I've noticed for roos and a-league matches. 
I'd check 10play, in the past roos games have been up a few hours after the end of the broadcast.  
It's so poor, it's been 12 months now,  they should have start over,  pause function already and full matches should be up only a few minutes after the broadcast.  #still complaining.

I watched last week's friendly on replay at 9am, so only a few hours after it finished. They are getting better. 
Johns
Johns
Super Fan
Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Jun 2022 4:51 PM
Davide82 - 7 Jun 2022 4:33 PM

I dont mind losing ... Ive watched Liverpool lose Champions League and Hellas lose two derbies in the last 4 weeks The game goes for 90 minutes and the ball is round as they say,,,, its the way we will lose (I suspect) tomorrow morning that really really shits me....

Wright and Maclaren to start
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Proud2BeCanberran - 7 Jun 2022 6:16 PM
Ffs Taggart and Sainsbury are likely to be ruled out.

?? Why’s that? 
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Balin Trev - 7 Jun 2022 6:27 PM
Proud2BeCanberran - 7 Jun 2022 6:16 PM

?? Why’s that? 

Missing from training. Brilliant 💩
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Balin Trev - 7 Jun 2022 7:18 PM
Balin Trev - 7 Jun 2022 6:27 PM

Missing from training. Brilliant 💩

Why do Australian players seem to be so injury prone? I don’t keep tabs on other countries so much, do we have more injuries than others?
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

FFS!!!!!! Nothing has gone right for us since Souttar's injury!! Tom Rogic better have a frign good reason for leaving us in the lurch & Arnold's decision not to include Cummings is now going to fuck us royally 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

FFs Taggart and Sainsbury with niggles. It'll be Wright and Maclaren for sure.
verrelli
verrelli
Super Fan
Super Fan (172 reputation)Super Fan (172 reputation)Super Fan (172 reputation)Super Fan (172 reputation)Super Fan (172 reputation)Super Fan (172 reputation)Super Fan (172 reputation)Super Fan (172 reputation)Super Fan (172 reputation)Super Fan (172 reputation)Super Fan (172 reputation)

“Pretty much the whole purpose of playing that game was for Aaron Mooy” said Arnie in press conference today re: the Jordan game. Seriously? That has got to be the stupidest thing I’ve heard him say, and I’ve heard plenty. If that was his reason for scheduling the Jordan game rather than to prepare the whole team as best as possible for UAE game, then something is wrong.

Arnie also said in press conference that 14 of our 18 qualifiers this campaign were in Middle East. Fact check - not true! 11 of 18 were. Not a big deal in isolation maybe except that Arnie repeatedly puts out bullshit facts that no-one calls him out on and the inaccuracy in what he claims always serves to emphasise how hard the campaign has been and to fend off any criticism. The bloke is a complete fraud! The one beauty of these games is that at least if we do lose, I won’t need to put up with him any longer. I wonder if he’ll go into hiding and refuse to front up like he has when his teams have failed in the past, particularly after the 2007 Asian Cup. I suspect so! 
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Was on the fence over getting up for this one, might give it a miss now.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

I thin we must put Boyle in the middle and play our wingers over Maclaren. Stensness could start at CB under Arnold.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search