Gay sex ‘gives you worms’

Gay sex ‘gives you worms’

Author
humbert
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Fredsta wrote:
humbert wrote:
The problem stems from the perception that religious moderates indulge in a la carte religion. i.e. they aren't sincere in their beliefs because they pick the good, and discard the bad.

There's no written rule that you devote yourself to the entirety of the subject and that goes for all walks of life, it's only the absolute extreme of the fundamentalists that take the literal word of the Bible in it's entirety.
Personally i went to a Catholic school where we were encouraged to accept the facets of the Catholic faith that appealed to us and to challenge those that don't, for example I still consider myself a part of the Catholic faith but I don't believe in a God and I'm not a homophobe. It's taking a very naive view of religion if you think everyone follows things blindly and are not 'sincere' if they don't challenge certain aspects.

I understand where you're coming from. But I'm sure you can appreciate the inverse. If a religious text really is from God, then it shouldn't be subject to reinterpretation. God is by nature, eternal. Thought experiment; There is a Muslim/Christian who truly does believe that the Bible/Quran is divine remit, and who conducts himself as such. They justify hatred of jews/non-believers/women/gays as such. How can you, as a fellow believer, convince them otherwise?
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
A16Man wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
yawn

Anything constructive to say?

read back through the thread. plenty of info contributed,
however reposting childish gifs, memes and videos of comedians isnt constructive
its merely reducing it to a schoolyard level of engagement

Coming from the person whose argument was 'if you're defending gay rights you are gay'. :lol:

your whole concept of rights is screwball. gays are asking for privileges that arent afforded to those who are straight.
they have all the same rights as straight people, currently. simple concept.

all you and they want is to change the definition of a word which is currently based on biological facts.

why not change the definition of the various words describing genitalia while you're at it because its discriminatory that different genders should have different organs?

They're asking to be able to have a marriage like straight couples. How is that privileges? Fail that, what is wrong with them having a civil union? They just want their relationship recognised like straight couples. There's no privilege to that.

The definition of the word is based on a religious belief.

marriage is a privilege granted by the state, not a right. how many times must i repeat this...
its based on the union of members of the opposite gender who are capable in most instances of bearing children

gays are allowed to have civil unions with each other already.

gays can be granted the privilege to marry members of the opposite sex if this choose to, however many choose not to. it has nothing to do with rights.

why do they want their relationships recognised by the government like straight couples?
what is so important that the government provide its blessing in unholy matrimony?

what about ladies only gyms? should they be illegal based on discrimination?
what about gender defined toilets? should they be illegal based on discrimination?

Gays are not permitted civil unions in Australia.

Not allowing gays to marry is as discriminatory as me refusing to employ a muslim due to his/her prayer requirements sighting it as a privilege. The same could be said of a smoker who wastes time each day smoking.

You're losing sight of the point here. [size=9]They have ladies only gyms for women to be more comfortable,[/size] if you don't like it, find another gym. [size=9]The toilet matter is for privacy.[/size] What idiotic arguments.

I want those people to be recognised because they're people like us straight people and they love who they love. They biologically can't change it so why do we prevent them having the same recognition?

It's important from a moral standpoint in that they are not seen as lesser citizens or lesser couples due to their sexual preference. F*ck me how is this difficult for you to understand?

why do women need to be more comfortable? are you suggesting they are different to men?
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
humbert wrote:
The problem stems from the perception that religious moderates indulge in a la carte religion. i.e. they aren't sincere in their beliefs because they pick the good, and discard the bad.

There's no written rule that you devote yourself to the entirety of the subject and that goes for all walks of life, it's only the absolute extreme of the fundamentalists that take the literal word of the Bible in it's entirety.
Personally i went to a Catholic school where we were encouraged to accept the facets of the Catholic faith that appealed to us and to challenge those that don't, for example I still consider myself a part of the Catholic faith but I don't believe in a God and I'm not a homophobe. It's taking a very naive view of religion if you think everyone follows things blindly and are not 'sincere' if they don't challenge certain aspects.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same, raised a catholic, went to a catholic school, was taught about evolution and condoms and I was even an altar boy when I was 12.

But if you don't believe all of the faith, its hard to believe even some of it. For example:

Did Jesus really believe he was the son of God, or was he lying, or was he just experiencing a schizophrenic delusion?

Or did he never exist the first place?

Or….. did he exist, was just some good guy who helped people, and then someone made up the whole part about God and miracles to make it more credible to the people of the time.

It all seems so silly. If people were just compassionate to minorities like this jesus character was, whether real or not, we wouldn't have all the stupid bad shit that comes from religion.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
A16Man wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
yawn

however reposting childish gifs, memes and videos of comedians isnt constructive

Coming from the person whose argument was 'if you're defending gay rights you are gay'. :lol:

your whole concept of rights is screwball. gays are asking for privileges that arent afforded to those who are straight.

all you and they want is to change the definition of a word which is currently based on biological facts.

why not change the definition of the various words describing genitalia while you're at it because its discriminatory that different genders should have different organs?

They're asking to be able to have a marriage like straight couples. How is that privileges? Fail that, what is wrong with them having a civil union? They just want their relationship recognised like straight couples. There's no privilege to that.

marriage is a privilege granted by the state, not a right. how many times must i repeat this...
its based on the union of members of the opposite gender who are capable in most instances of bearing children

gays can be granted the privilege to marry members of the opposite sex if this choose to, however many choose not to. it has nothing to do with rights.

why do they want their relationships recognised by the government like straight couples?
what is so important that the government provide its blessing in unholy matrimony?

what about gender defined toilets? should they be illegal based on discrimination?

Not allowing gays to marry is as discriminatory as me refusing to employ a muslim due to his/her prayer requirements sighting it as a privilege. The same could be said of a smoker who wastes time each day smoking.

You're losing sight of the point here. [size=9]They have ladies only gyms for women to be more comfortable,[/size] if you don't like it, find another gym. [size=9]The toilet matter is for privacy.[/size] What idiotic arguments.

I want those people to be recognised because they're people like us straight people and they love who they love. They biologically can't change it so why do we prevent them having the same recognition?

It's important from a moral standpoint in that they are not seen as lesser citizens or lesser couples due to their sexual preference. F*ck me how is this difficult for you to understand?

why do women need to be more comfortable? are you suggesting they are different to men?

:lol: oh no we're really doing this.

I'm suggesting it is a preference to have these types of gyms. As in, they don't want roid freak perverts like the ones that attend my gym staring at them all day.

How is it discriminatory if there are other options for men?

Are you suggesting that if gay people have a problem with not being able to marry members of the same sex that they should enter an empty hetro marriage and be unhappy if they desire marriage?
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

unsurprising the majority of card carrying atheists are former catholics, which is a sect designed to destroy christianity

Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Fair enough, but I disagree about the Bible being the divine word of God, I was always taught that it is a collection of works from religious scholars many of which is open to individual interpretation. To put it into context we were taught to think of it as a library with many different genres, which is true considering you've got chapters on history right through to fiction like the parables. I mean an obvious example would be the walking on water story which isn't meant to be viewed as an actual account of events but rather a story to illustrate the strength of faith, no different to the sort of shit you see in childrens stories like Aesops Fables.
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro

benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
A16Man wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
yawn

I'm suggesting it is a preference to have these types of gyms. As in, they don't want roid freak perverts like the ones that attend my gym staring at them all day.

Are you suggesting that if gay people have a problem with not being able to marry members of the same sex that they should enter an empty hetro marriage and be unhappy if they desire marriage?

yes, i feel unhappy and empty at gyms that contain no females
it should be my human right to attend gyms populated with more women because it makes me feel happier and fulfills my desires
humbert
humbert
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
Fair enough, but I disagree about the Bible being the divine word of God, I was always taught that it is a collection of works from religious scholars many of which is open to individual interpretation. To put it into context we were taught to think of it as a library with many different genres, which is true considering you've got chapters on history right through to fiction like the parables. I mean an obvious example would be the walking on water story which isn't meant to be viewed as an actual account of events but rather a story to illustrate the strength of faith, no different to the sort of shit you see in childrens stories like Aesops Fables.

Yes, but you're not really the source of the problem. Christianity has been tempered by the historical experience of secularism, and anti-clericalism. Islam, is a different story altogether. Critical thinking is seen as an overt threat. And this stems from the faith mentality. Hence, many are inclined to the view that religious literalism has reared its ugly face again, and react accordingly.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

ricecrackers wrote:
unsurprising the majority of card carrying atheists are former catholics, which is a sect designed to destroy christianity

:lol:

You're are actually quite funny sometimes, and I'm not even having a go.

Out of interest, what religion are you?

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
A16Man wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
yawn

it should be my human right to attend gyms populated with more women because it makes me feel happier and fulfills my desires

:lol: So basically you do not recognise the love between two men or two women?

You believe they do not love each other and are just lustful?

Good grief :lol: :lol: :lol:
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro

benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
A16Man wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
yawn

i'm using the same words you used in your previous post
why are they interpreted differently when applied to my situation? i feel discriminated against

why is a gays happiness more important than mine?
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
A16Man wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
yawn

why are they interpreted differently when applied to my situation? i feel discriminated against

You can't apply those situations to homosexual marriage. It's laughable :lol:

You also didn't answer my questions :)
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro

benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
A16Man wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
yawn

what does marriage have to do with love anyway?
you can love someone and not be married
you can marry someone and not love them

argument is moot
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
A16Man wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
yawn

argument is moot

That is not the point of this thread. It is about people who love each other and want their relationship recognised like straight people can.
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro

benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
A16Man wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
yawn

argument is moot

That is not the point of this thread. It is about people who love each other and want their relationship recognised like straight people can.

(this thread had a point?)
they want their love blessed by the government?
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

benelsmore wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
i'm sick of hearing about gay human rights every day to be honest. i think its used as a means to get at any country in the crosshairs and a lot of the time the reporting is not even accurate. (russia example cited earlier)

in western countries i really dont understand what the issue is. gays have the same rights as everyone else. they dont have to sit up the back of the bus because they're gay, they dont have to go to different schools and pubs because they're gay and they're not working in cotton fields for no wages because they're gay.

But they can't even have a civil union because of their sexual preference. I thought marriage was meant to be about love. It's discrimination.

This is another reason why Christianity has completely f*cked the world. It's roots are entwined through western legal systems and every religious idiot against these unions is too arrogant to see it. I wish Constantine I was executed before he brought Christianity to power.

Sorry, but I resent that. Yes there should be a way to recognise homosexual union, but if you're implying that marriage is about discrimination, then you're off your rocker.

It's also worth noting that some Christian groups are some of the biggest supporters of homosexual union.

Marriage is about love between two consenting adults not what man thinks God approves of.

It's clearly discrimination. They cannot get married because of their sexual orientation. How is it not discrimination?

If marriage is defined as love between a man and a woman as per the bible then maybe we should stop inter-racial marriages also in accordance with that book?

Its amusing (and pathetic) how selective religious people can be about what they do and do not endorse as acceptable.

I guess at least there are some reasonable Christians. Perhaps they need to talk to the homophobes out there who can see past the end of their own noses?

No it's not. That's what you want it to be!
The whole issue here is that marriage isn't what people want it to be anymore, so they're trying to change it. Simple as that.

The Interracial marriage issue was to do with Jewish law :roll: please try and keep the points relevant.
If you're going to have a go at Christianity, at least come with your guns loaded and not just dribble on your chin.

Let me make this clear, I'm all for homosexual union because of my secular beliefs, however I don't see why marriage as an institution has to change as opposed to just providing a new opportunity to allow gay men and women to be unified.
99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Has the ability to get divorced been there since marriage began?
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Eastern Glory wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
benelsmore wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
i'm sick of hearing about gay human rights every day to be honest. i think its used as a means to get at any country in the crosshairs and a lot of the time the reporting is not even accurate. (russia example cited earlier)

in western countries i really dont understand what the issue is. gays have the same rights as everyone else. they dont have to sit up the back of the bus because they're gay, they dont have to go to different schools and pubs because they're gay and they're not working in cotton fields for no wages because they're gay.

But they can't even have a civil union because of their sexual preference. I thought marriage was meant to be about love. It's discrimination.

This is another reason why Christianity has completely f*cked the world. It's roots are entwined through western legal systems and every religious idiot against these unions is too arrogant to see it. I wish Constantine I was executed before he brought Christianity to power.

Sorry, but I resent that. Yes there should be a way to recognise homosexual union, but if you're implying that marriage is about discrimination, then you're off your rocker.

It's also worth noting that some Christian groups are some of the biggest supporters of homosexual union.

Marriage is about love between two consenting adults not what man thinks God approves of.

It's clearly discrimination. They cannot get married because of their sexual orientation. How is it not discrimination?

If marriage is defined as love between a man and a woman as per the bible then maybe we should stop inter-racial marriages also in accordance with that book?

Its amusing (and pathetic) how selective religious people can be about what they do and do not endorse as acceptable.

I guess at least there are some reasonable Christians. Perhaps they need to talk to the homophobes out there who can see past the end of their own noses?

No it's not. That's what you want it to be!
The whole issue here is that marriage isn't what people want it to be anymore, so they're trying to change it. Simple as that.

The Interracial marriage issue was to do with Jewish law :roll: please try and keep the points relevant.
If you're going to have a go at Christianity, at least come with your guns loaded and not just dribble on your chin.

Let me make this clear, I'm all for homosexual union because of my secular beliefs, however I don't see why marriage as an institution has to change as opposed to just providing a new opportunity to allow gay men and women to be unified.

Well no we're becoming a more liberal society where we tolerate people more than what we did in the dark ages (in religious terms up to about 1990 :lol:). The issue is that homosexual couples want to be recognised the same way that straight couples are and I don't see a reasonable means of denying them that.

If i'm going to have a go at Christianity you'll know ;) Either way, the big 3 have a big influence on this issue.

I don't see why marriage has to change other than by relaxing the definition a little bit. What affect does it have on anyone? Is the world going to fall apart if homosexuals steal marriage away from the Abrahamic religions? :lol:
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

11.mvfc.11 wrote:
Would gay people be happy with a civil union, carrying all the legal and social benefits that marriage provides? Why do they need the title of marriage, when it's connotations with religion and its oppression of homosexuality are so strong?

Whether you like it or not, there are as many religious and non-religious people who would be uncomfortable with gay marriage as there are who wouldn't.

Civil unions for homosexual couples is the way forward.

From what I've seen that's a compromise most will make. Essentially the end game is for all marriages to be equal. I don't see why that shouldn't happen then again i'm not a narrow minded c*nt with my nose in other peoples business :lol:
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

Is there any other reason why gay marriage would hurt society other than, its a really old tradition that people don't want to change and it'll cost taxpayers in government administrative costs?
humbert
humbert
Semi-Pro

Marriage is sanctioned by the government. As such, it becomes a civil matter. Discrimination in such cases is wrong. How difficult can it be?

If you want to preserve 'marriage', lobby the government to remove its self from the marriage question entirely. Leave marriage to the clergy and their flock.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

I don't see the issue with Gay marriage. If they want to marry then let them. At the end of the day, make it a civil marriage if the religions refuse to consent to it being in their churches.

Our political leaders cannot claim to take a religious high ground on this issue, they are most of them atheists as it is.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

Well said Zimbos
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

zimbos_05 wrote:
I don't see the issue with Gay marriage. If they want to marry then let them. At the end of the day, make it a civil marriage if the religions refuse to consent to it being in their churches.

Our political leaders cannot claim to take a religious high ground on this issue, they are most of them atheists as it is.

Zim that's the first step. When I worked at Subway years ago my manager was gay and his problem was that religion claimed ownership of the word marriage when it isn't really theirs to dictate.

While I think a civil union would work i'm not gay and thus probably don't understand the affect that not being considered a 'married' couple in a legislated sense has on a person.

Can you please sort out all religious institutions? You're far more reasonable than most religious people I've spoken to on this topic :)

Edited by benelsmore: 3/3/2014 04:17:10 PM
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro

u4486662 wrote:
Is there any other reason why gay marriage would hurt society other than, its a really old tradition that people don't want to change and it'll cost taxpayers in government administrative costs?

how many reasons why not do we need?

how about tell me some worthwhile reasons why? only a tiny minority of people will actually take advantage of it, why bother?

when did this become an issue all of a sudden? even gays didnt even care about this until recently...now all of a sudden they believe they're being discriminated against over something they cared little about until big non governmental organisation money got involved in promoting this agenda

and to what end?

what will be next? two gay men having the right to bring up a child?

surely no one can foresee any problems with allowing that to become law :roll:
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

benelsmore wrote:

Zim that's the first step. When I worked at Subway years ago my manager was gay and his problem was that religion claimed ownership of the word marriage when it isn't really theirs to dictate.

Religions claim ownership of marriage because marraiges happen both in a religious context and a civil context. They both recognise or have to recognise the religion. Ill take my religion for example because I don't understand how the others do it, but Islam will have a religion by its laws and then also do the civil marriage. If you married by civil and not Islam, then Islam doesn't recognise your religion. So I think its similar in the other religions.

It's another issue of religion verse reason/logic if you will. I think its also fair to understand that marriage existed before democracy or politics, so the idea that it was never religions is a bit of a debatable point I guess.

benelsmore wrote:
While I think a civil union would work i'm not gay and thus probably don't understand the affect that not being considered a 'married' couple in a legislated sense has on a person.

Can you please sort out all religious institutions? You're far more reasonable than most religious people I've spoken to on this topic :)

I think the issue comes when people who are religious and gay want to have their marriage done religiously too. If religion is against homosexuality, then how can it condone such a marriage.

Haha, sort out religious institutions? I wish.

I must say, I know im going off on a tangent here, but of late I have been quite angry with Muslims, especially those where I live and in western first world countries. All they ever talk about is sad stuff, and disaster, and how they hate the west for this and that, and its all just terrible shit. We don't actually stop and think about what we have and how privileged we are. Perhaps living a life of joy, peace, and acceptance. It is all, "I hate that person, and this sucks, and oh my word, everybody fear the ending of the world." Its a whole other issue though, its just damn bloody annoying.

Also, on a side note to homosexuality. Since when did it become an event? Why does every time someone have to make an announcement that they gay? People don't go around proclaiming their sexuality in public. If someone is gay, then let them be gay. There is no need to glorify it or to make it a proclamation. You straight, then you straight. You gay, then you gay. It shouldn't have to be an event and it shouldn't have to be glorified. We live in 2014 for petes sake. If we still can't accept people for who they are then we have all failed Dr Seuss.

Edited by zimbos_05: 3/3/2014 04:49:15 PM
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

ricecrackers wrote:
u4486662 wrote:

Tell us more man. Tell us more.

Including providing evidence, how children raised in same sex couples are adversely affected. Go on.

This ought to be good.
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro

u4486662 wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
u4486662 wrote:

Including providing evidence, how children raised in same sex couples are adversely affected. Go on.

This ought to be good.

you dont have to be einstein to realise that pedos will take advantage of it
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

ricecrackers wrote:
u4486662 wrote:
ricecrackers wrote:
u4486662 wrote:

This ought to be good.

Plenty of pedophiles in heterosexual couples. Most children who are abused sexually are abused by a member of their own family.

In fact, I would argue that, gay couples who adopt are less likely to abuse children because sex offenders who are on a register would not be able to adopt children.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

ricecrackers wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA. That's just classic.

I must say though. I don't agree with homosexuality personally, but even as a religious person, im not going to sit here and believe silly excuses against gay marriage such as, "can you imagine what would happen if two gay men adopted a kid"
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search