Western United Thread

Western United Thread

Author
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 22 Feb 2019 9:41 PM
sub007 - 22 Feb 2019 9:34 PM

Well je does have a willing  capo in a andy tran . He is equally deluded and is very smithersesque

If he's like Girt, then this ain't gonna end well.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Jimmy boy blocked me

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sub007 - 22 Feb 2019 9:44 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 22 Feb 2019 9:41 PM

If he's like Girt, then this ain't gonna end well.

He is smithers to jims burns.  When i had a go at jim . Mr tran did the smithers.  I think tsf you know andy
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

I'm part of that Facebook group too, I do wonder how many of the 1.4k are genuine fans and how many are there for the shitshow that it will inevitably become.
Edited
5 Years Ago by 433
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

433 - 22 Feb 2019 9:57 PM
I'm part of that Facebook group too, I do wonder how many of the 1.4k are genuine fans and how many are there for the shitshow that it will inevitably become.

Most just liked the page like most aleague fans do. I litterally was invited by jim . Now i cant find the group as he put it in hidden
kavorka
kavorka
Amateur
Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)

So, to divert the conversation, has anyone actually met or know anyone who has said they will go and watch Western United play?

For the record, I have not come across anyone, actually, most people I have asked don't even know that a new team is entering the comp next season
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

kavorka - 23 Feb 2019 10:53 AM
So, to divert the conversation, has anyone actually met or know anyone who has said they will go and watch Western United play?

For the record, I have not come across anyone, actually, most people I have asked don't even know that a new team is entering the comp next season

I haven't personally but i don't live in the Western suburbs. 
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

that's a funny thread

Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

I’m in their western catchment zone, yet also don’t know anyone that has said they will follow them yet.

Must say though, given the way that Melbourne City are going these days, if the offering was compelling enough I am sure many would jump across in the western region.

I just feel that Western United have bungled this process badly. Engagement is a buzzword with no substance when it comes to their a risk so far. They need to lift their game very quickly.
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

I don’t think City have much of a following at all out west so I don’t think theirs any fans to poach to begin with. I don’t see Western United changing much in regards to the 2 cbd teams.
kavorka
kavorka
Amateur
Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)

I really think sanity should prevail and the FFA should delay them entering the comp UNTIL this new stadium is built and ready....ie in 3-4 years time.

Then when they enter they call themselves Wyndham FC or whatever

Perhaps they can enter a W league and youth team next season to build some type of 'identity' that plays out of Tarneit or Werribee etc

Playing in a different city as "Western United" with no attachment whatsoever has got disaster written all over it.

Reminds of the time the Brisbane Bears played out of the Gold Coast. What a complete fuckup

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

southmelb - 23 Feb 2019 11:35 AM
I don’t think City have much of a following at all out west so I don’t think theirs any fans to poach to begin with. I don’t see Western United changing much in regards to the 2 cbd teams.

City have fans down here  but its mv heartland. Wu need to target the kids of African  and indian decent who love epl but dont watch the hal. Sadly the communtiy forums are after the  fact when the club has already colours and name.  
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

I have. I don't think they will have any problem growing once the new stadium opens. its the first 2 years that will be worrysome. Their second marquee just has to be a big name.
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Just seen on Facebook they are heavily linked with Georgievski and Pain.

Really was surprised to see the Mariners haven’t offered Pain a contract yet. Wtf? He’s a melbourne lad so it makes sense they target him.
Georgievski and Risdon as LB and RB makes a strong pairing.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

aussie pride - 2 Mar 2019 8:03 PM
Just seen on Facebook they are heavily linked with Georgievski and Pain.Really was surprised to see the Mariners haven’t offered Pain a contract yet. Wtf? He’s a melbourne lad so it makes sense they target him.Georgievski and Risdon as LB and RB makes a strong pairing.

Georgie has already signed . Pain i think wants back in melbourne. Georgie got a huge pay increase too apparently .still hush hush
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

Thread needs to be renamed

Western Thread
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

bohemia - 3 Mar 2019 6:45 AM
Thread needs to be renamed

Western Thread

Agreed.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I just don’t understand why this team isn’t advertising more. They should stick their face out everywhere so much that people get sick of it but at least they know who the hell they are.
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 25 Feb 2019 10:00 AM

I have. I don't think they will have any problem growing once the new stadium opens. its the first 2 years that will be worrysome. Their second marquee just has to be a big name.

Nah.  Their first season has to be successful on the pitch.  Top 3 finish.

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 4 Mar 2019 9:42 AM
I just don’t understand why this team isn’t advertising more. They should stick their face out everywhere so much that people get sick of it but at least they know who the hell they are.

Money.  I know someone who knows someone who works in the fitness department of a club I won't name who says he was offered LESS money to work for Western.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 4 Mar 2019 10:01 AM
Melbcityguy - 4 Mar 2019 9:42 AM

Money.  I know someone who knows someone who works in the fitness department of a club I won't name who says he was offered LESS money to work for Western.

this is going to be worse then melbourne heart 
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Greek press are reporting Kone May return to Greece as Western aren’t in a financial position to sign a marquee...will keep an eye on that.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Provide a link please

ARNIE= LEGEND

azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

southmelb - 4 Mar 2019 1:32 PM
Greek press are reporting Kone May return to Greece as Western aren’t in a financial position to sign a marquee...will keep an eye on that.

hahaha what shit show. I can't wait to see this all unfold
walnuts
walnuts
Legend

southmelb - 4 Mar 2019 1:32 PM

lolololol
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Most of us saw it coming as soon as we learned they were being seriously considered ahead of Dandenong and South Melbourne.

southmelb
southmelb
World Class

https://www.aek21fans.gr/2019/03/blog-post_18.html?m=1

Could be returning to Aek
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

According to the google translate

"It looks like it's the future of Panayiotis Cone in Australia, since Melbourne's newly established club, Westers Melbourne Group, faces particular difficulties.As all this seems, the new team of the Greek team does not meet the requirements of the League and is not expected to be ready to join the A League in time."

Interesting

ARNIE= LEGEND

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

southmelb - 4 Mar 2019 2:40 PM

I don't speak Greek, but going by google translation it almost sounds like it's possible WUFC wanted to use the FFA marquee fund for Kone but have been declined.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend

RedKat - 4 Mar 2019 2:47 PM
According to the google translate

"It looks like it's the future of Panayiotis Cone in Australia, since Melbourne's newly established club, Westers Melbourne Group, faces particular difficulties.As all this seems, the new team of the Greek team does not meet the requirements of the League and is not expected to be ready to join the A League in time."

Interesting

This is interesting - imagine if Western United was delayed for another 12 months.

The more I see coming from this organisation, the more I'm convinced they're making it up as they go along.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search