Western United Thread

Western United Thread

Author
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
RedKat - 4 Mar 2019 2:47 PM
According to the google translate

"It looks like it's the future of Panayiotis Cone in Australia, since Melbourne's newly established club, Westers Melbourne Group, faces particular difficulties.As all this seems, the new team of the Greek team does not meet the requirements of the League and is not expected to be ready to join the A League in time."

Interesting

That translation sounds more than just Kone being a problem.

Looks like WMG won't be able to join by next years comp...
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Kone wouldnt be that keen to return to Greece as Aek will pay him peanuts. But it could be a case of better than nothing.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

gotta love the irony of it being reported in Greece that a player is having second thoughts due to the club not having enough money. i don't believe a word of it.  
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 4 Mar 2019 3:21 PM
gotta love the irony of it being reported in Greece that a player is having second thoughts due to the club not having enough money. i don't believe a word of it.  

'reported' on a greek fan site. i.e. bullshit
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Yeah they would make stuff up just for the fun of it ..supporter groups likes Aeks original21 are very much on the inside..if they are claiming a player is ready to return you better believe somethings up.
southmelb
southmelb
World Class

Cheap irrelevant dig.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Lou Sticca posted in their fan group on fb that they have signed quite a few players already (both HAL and overseas based players). They haven’t been announced because some players are in finals contention while others don’t want to be frozen out from their current clubs.

A fan replied asking about the rumours about Kone. Lou’s response implies that the rumour was bs.

He also mentioned old mate. Old mate then commented in the most high and mighty way possible.
Edited
5 Years Ago by sub007
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

southmelb - 4 Mar 2019 3:45 PM

Cheap irrelevant dig.

True though.

Champagne Football
Champagne Football
Super Fan
Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)

bohemia - 4 Mar 2019 3:33 PM

'reported' on a greek fan site. i.e. bullshit

100%.  My thoughts exactly. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
sub007 - 4 Mar 2019 6:13 PM
Lou Sticca posted in their fan group on fb that they have signed quite a few players already (both HAL and overseas based players). They haven’t been announced because some players are in finals contention while others don’t want to be frozen out from their current clubs.

A fan replied asking about the rumours about Kone. Lou’s response implies that the rumour was bs.

He also mentioned old mate. Old mate then commented in the most high and mighty way possible.

Seems to have deleted his comment, unfortunately. What did he say?
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

The comments still there.

He said “You know that I have gone out of my way to make everyone feel welcome here from the bottom to the top.”

“I want the board to feel free to comment anytime.”

The rest of it was thanking Lou.
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

This club has to actually get out there and stay on the front foot, or else people will talk and question what’s going on.

The way that Melbourne City operate these days is turning people off investing their time, money and effort following that club, so we can only hope Western United can get their act together.

The key priorities:
- Have fan forums, don’t just talk about the one in August 2018 and online polls as evidence of engagement.
- Get stadium deals in place for the interim period.
- Start advertising, even if it’s jyst to create some buzz and awareness that the club exists.
- What’s going on with the new stadium? Get moving on this signature piece of the bid, or else people will question whether it will happen.
- Be transparent on the ownership group. So much secrecy isn’t a good foundation for a club to build on.

They seem to be doing ok with player signings, but so many pieces of the puzzle don’t add up so far.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

If they don’t do something by finals time it’ll be a big worry
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

I got blocked from their page, someone post screenshosts
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Heart_fan - 4 Mar 2019 10:25 PM
This club has to actually get out there and stay on the front foot, or else people will talk and question what’s going on.The way that Melbourne City operate these days is turning people off investing their time, money and effort following that club, so we can only hope Western United can get their act together.The key priorities:- Have fan forums....

do you need fans to have a fan forum?

Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Betters, Maybe that’s what they are scared of.. just how dismal the turnout would be.

I did notice that they were at the Pako festival in Geelong recently, with a small stall which was a start but long way to go.

Do they even have an office set up anywhere? Can’t seem to locate anything.
Champagne Football
Champagne Football
Super Fan
Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)

Heart_fan - 5 Mar 2019 10:44 AM
Maybe that’s what they are scared of.. just how dismal the turnout would be. 

I think that is exactly why they aren't running any forums.  They have a lot of work to do to make this a success.  I have no doubt they will assemble a decent team, but will anyone turn up to watch?
Sure, they will have their own stadium, but the site is in shit creek which os not going to be convenient for many people to get to.  Not from Melbourne suburbs and not from Geelong.  OK, the council is giving them some land.  I'm sorry, but the location is just wrong.  It needed to be somewhere near the Princes Freeway, like Williams Landing or something , but then they wouldn't get free land would they? 
And then there's the shitty name.  If they had said beforehand that they may not have 'Melbourne' in the name, it would have opened people's minds to suggest better names.  Having Western without Melbourne is just dumb.  Where the f### is Western??
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

So presumably the mascot for Western United is a Clint Eastwood with a fistfull of dollars?
First-touch
First-touch
Super Fan
Super Fan (116 reputation)Super Fan (116 reputation)Super Fan (116 reputation)Super Fan (116 reputation)Super Fan (116 reputation)Super Fan (116 reputation)Super Fan (116 reputation)Super Fan (116 reputation)Super Fan (116 reputation)Super Fan (116 reputation)Super Fan (116 reputation)

So this is western United’s leaked logo apparently

Source: Dailyfootball Show FB page

football innit.

BA81
BA81
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

First-touch - 5 Mar 2019 12:36 PM
so this is Western United’s leaked logo apparently

That's only marginally-less sh1t than if Sticca and Horvat had drawn it themselves w/crayons😂😂

kavorka
kavorka
Amateur
Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)

jesus....that's terrible
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Champagne Football - 5 Mar 2019 12:10 PM
I think that is exactly why they aren't running any forums.  They have a lot of work to do to make this a success.  I have no doubt they will assemble a decent team, but will anyone turn up to watch?
Sure, they will have their own stadium, but the site is in shit creek which os not going to be convenient for many people to get to.  Not from Melbourne suburbs and not from Geelong.  OK, the council is giving them some land.  I'm sorry, but the location is just wrong.  It needed to be somewhere near the Princes Freeway, like Williams Landing or something , but then they wouldn't get free land would they? 
And then there's the shitty name.  If they had said beforehand that they may not have 'Melbourne' in the name, it would have opened people's minds to suggest better names.  Having Western without Melbourne is just dumb.  Where the f### is Western??

wrong. they are running 3 fan forums. Yes its strange that they are running them after already deciding name and colours, but they are conducting them. and the stadium isn't in shit creek if you know your geography. 

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

BA81 - 5 Mar 2019 12:43 PM

That's only marginally-less sh1t than if Sticca and Horvat had drawn it themselves w/crayons😂😂

The U looks like a V

Maybe they should link up with VfL Wolfsburg. They are green and white :)
Savic
Savic
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Burztur - 5 Mar 2019 1:09 PM
BA81 - 5 Mar 2019 12:43 PM

The U looks like a V

Maybe they should link up with VfL Wolfsburg. They are green and white :)

That's wow underwhelming. Their name, date and WV is all it says. I suppose they can redesign it later when they stand for more I s'pose.
I'll finish on a positive, I do like the font.
sub007
sub007
World Class

So this is western United’s leaked logo apparently Source: Dailyfootball Show FB page

Don't mind it but it reminds me of Heart's logo.
Savic
Savic
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

sub007 - 5 Mar 2019 1:36 PM

Don't mind it but it reminds me of Heart's logo.

Are they trying to pick up the Victory fans in the Western Suburbs? 
Western Victory.
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Kinda looks like Melbourne United’s logo
Champagne Football
Champagne Football
Super Fan

Feed_The_Brox - 5 Mar 2019 1:04 PM
Champagne Football - 5 Mar 2019 12:10 PM

wrong. they are running 3 fan forums. Yes its strange that they are running them after already deciding name and colours, but they are conducting them. and the stadium isn't in shit creek if you know your geography. 

I do know my geography.  I have driven through that area and you are partially correct. It's not Shit Creek, it's Tarneit, but the outskirts of Tarneit .  So it's about as far west as you can get and still be able to call it Melbourne. (Which is ironic, since they left Melbourne out of their name.)
You cannot possibly think that Tarneit is a better option than somewhere close to an M1 off ramp between Melbourne and Geelong (free land and property developments aside).
Champagne Football
Champagne Football
Super Fan

So this is western United’s leaked logo apparently Source: Dailyfootball Show FB page

Couldn't they round off the point at the bottom of the U to make it look a bit less like a V?  Or did that cost extra?
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Doesn't get much more generic than that. If that's really what they have chosen, than that is just one more disappointment. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search