Western United Thread

Western United Thread

Author
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Feed_The_Brox - 30 Apr 2019 1:07 PM
MarkfromCroydon - 30 Apr 2019 12:49 PM

you're wrong. 

Do tell.
If you can point me to a proposed planning scheme amendment, or permit application I’d be grateful.
I haven’t seen anything yet.
Kate may be a good operator, but even she has to follow the legal planning process.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

They have a forum now.

http://westernunitedfans.freeforums.net/?fbclid=IwAR3FrkWzbXHmUAAws1dEZch9YMC-MsV3PH8JbDPd-zHQt4ss7a-WqVTEf4o

evolution
evolution
Hacker
Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)

Had a quick look at their forum out of curiosity. Not much on there yet but I did see a few post already that are critical of big Jim and the new active name so this should be entertaining at the very least.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 30 Apr 2019 2:13 PM
Do tell.
If you can point me to a proposed planning scheme amendment, or permit application I’d be grateful.
I haven’t seen anything yet.
Kate may be a good operator, but even she has to follow the legal planning process.

its taking longer than expected, but its not gonna delay an October 2021 opening. Let's remember that one of the rumoured silent investors is the Wyndham City Council itself.   
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 2 May 2019 10:46 AM

its taking longer than expected, but its not gonna delay an October 2021 opening. Let's remember that one of the rumoured silent investors is the Wyndham City Council itself.   

Getting pretty close to a two year turn around

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

There's a few if's but's and maybe's.

Jim's Active Support sounding already like a bust.

This is becoming a complete train wreck. Can't say thaat I am not loving it. :)

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 2 May 2019 10:55 AM

There's a few if's but's and maybe's.

This is becoming a complete train wreck. Can't say thaat I am not loving it. :)

i agree with you TSF what about the friendly with leeds united? 

no marquee signings

no stadium

invisible in the western suburbs 

playing in an afl stadium

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

haha, yeah. I have heard a splinter has already started. 

Melbcityguy - 2 May 2019 11:00 AM
i agree with you TSF what about the friendly with leeds united? 

no marquee signings

no stadium

invisible in the western suburbs 

playing in an afl stadium

i don't live in the west, but know plenty that do and they claim they are getting a lot of headlines in the local rags. and they do have a marquee signing. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by Feed_The_Brox
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 2 May 2019 11:18 AM

i don't live in the west, but know plenty that do and they claim they are getting a lot of headlines in the local rags. and they do have a marquee signing. 

i hope you're right and i am wrong because i can see another melbourne heart 
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

The use and development of the stadium requires planning permission. Whether the proponent is a private developer or Council matters not. 
To date, there is no record of any application being lodged.
At an absolute minimum, the application will likely take 4-6 months if it is called in and fast tracked by Dickie (State Minister for Planning).
Then get the building permits and tender out for construction.
I reckon even if they have a fully designed proposal, and lodged an application tomorrow morning, they will not START to build this until March-April 2020 at the earliest. It’ll be a tight squeeze 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Tarneit is a 2 minute drive for me.

It's not happening. If it does it's going to be an absolute clusterfuck. 1 lane roads here, 1 lane roads there, housing developments as far as the eye can see.

Fuck Tarneit.

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Have I got a bridge to sell you.

I don't live there but I go there once every few weeks (unfortunately) and I can tell you that I've seen sweet FA media coverage. No signage, no advertisement blitz, no nothing. They've only got 5k likes on Facebook, which is absolutely minuscule considering what the other clubs have (I know they haven't kicked a ball but still, you'd think there'd be some excitement around the announcement of a new team).
Edited
5 Years Ago by 433
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

This is the A-Leagues Fyre Festival. 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

I live In werribee and we heard sweet fuck all about anything . Who ever told you about the headlines is pulling your leg as local press isnt mentioning anything besides what we already know. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 2 May 2019 1:05 PM

The use and development of the stadium requires planning permission. Whether the proponent is a private developer or Council matters not. 
To date, there is no record of any application being lodged.
At an absolute minimum, the application will likely take 4-6 months if it is called in and fast tracked by Dickie (State Minister for Planning).
Then get the building permits and tender out for construction.
I reckon even if they have a fully designed proposal, and lodged an application tomorrow morning, they will not START to build this until March-April 2020 at the earliest. It’ll be a tight squeeze 

Ding ding ding.  But there is something swirling In the council town planning area.  Neighbour works for Wyndham city council and there seems to be a hold up on a particular area of Wyndham city council planning 

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

Melbcityguy - 2 May 2019 11:53 AM
i hope you're right and i am wrong because i can see another melbourne heart 

it will be another Melbourne Heart if they keep on the same track. the way they have gone about things since the licence announcement has been extremely disapponting. their only saving grace is the stadium. and putting aside all the disagreements about the timing of the build, permits, etc. you have to remember that if WU are not playing in Melbourne by 2021, then foxtel will be within their rights to withhold their $5 million. Thats another reason why I have no doubt it'll be completed in time.  
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Even if we bring in promotion relegation and the return of clubs like South Melbourne and Melbourne Knights, each area is still going to need a broadbased club to represent it so in the long term clubs like Western Melbourne, South West Sydney and South East Melbourne make sense for the future of the game. 

Beaten by Eldar

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 3 May 2019 5:13 AM
MarkfromCroydon - 2 May 2019 1:05 PM

Ding ding ding.  But there is something swirling In the council town planning area.  Neighbour works for Wyndham city council and there seems to be a hold up on a particular area of Wyndham city council planning 

There is also the semi-related issue of the Sayer Rd train station. Earlier this year, Wyndham city council requested funding from both the Federal and State government for this station to be fast-tracked, but I don't think it has actually eventuated. There is obviously still a few years for this to happen, but as it stands right now, there is no concrete timeline for the building of the station.
simione001
simione001
Amateur
Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)

and they haven't released any real detailed plans for development other than some artists impressions. its a worry.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Jim's Franchises

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

someguyjc - 3 May 2019 10:09 AM
There is also the semi-related issue of the Sayer Rd train station. Earlier this year, Wyndham city council requested funding from both the Federal and State government for this station to be fast-tracked, but I don't think it has actually eventuated. There is obviously still a few years for this to happen, but as it stands right now, there is no concrete timeline for the building of the station.

it has to happen soon. not just because of the stadium but because nearby Tarneit and Wyndhamvale train stations are at 100% capacity. as things stand right now it is proposed to be built "between 2022 and 2027," but it has to be fast tracked.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro

Feed_The_Brox - 3 May 2019 3:21 PM

it has to happen soon. not just because of the stadium but because nearby Tarneit and Wyndhamvale train stations are at 100% capacity. as things stand right now it is proposed to be built "between 2022 and 2027," but it has to be fast tracked.

From what I've heard, the streets are absolutely clogged with parked cars every day due to the inadequacy of the Tarneit station carpark. Unfortunately, the needs of the community don't always materialise into action from the government. If the council cannot secure state/federal funding for the station to be fast-tracked, then it simply won't happen until the already proposed 22-27 time frame. Hopefully it does get sorted, but right now it's looking a bit bleak.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

someguyjc - 3 May 2019 3:50 PM
Feed_The_Brox - 3 May 2019 3:21 PM

From what I've heard, the streets are absolutely clogged with parked cars every day due to the inadequacy of the Tarneit station carpark. Unfortunately, the needs of the community don't always materialise into action from the government. If the council cannot secure state/federal funding for the station to be fast-tracked, then it simply won't happen until the already proposed 22-27 time frame. Hopefully it does get sorted, but right now it's looking a bit bleak.

That ain't a rumour its the truth. Due to the fact people from tarneit, trugganina , some from hoppers use the station . The car park is going to get upgraded soon.  But the proposed sayers station needs to come asap  .the werribee  line is also in need of a upgrade 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 3 May 2019 5:13 AM

Itll happen eventually.  Maybe when I'm in my 50s

Savic
Savic
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Why has Marco Kurz not been linked with this gig?
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Savic - 5 May 2019 10:05 PM

No idea. 

I'd be very surprised if they didn't go after him tbh.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

because Rudan will be named coach. now that the Nix are out and have announced his replacement, I'm sure Rudan will be announced at WU this week. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Has this team started offering memberships?
sub007
sub007
World Class

Feed_The_Brox - 6 May 2019 9:07 AM

because Rudan will be named coach. now that the Nix are out and have announced his replacement, I'm sure Rudan will be announced at WU this week. 

He hinted at not coaching next year. I think he’ll get the Macarthur job after Milicic knocked it back.

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro

Melbcityguy - 6 May 2019 2:53 PM
Has this team started offering memberships?

Nope. They haven't even finalised their branding yet. With roughly 5 months before the start of the season, they really need to get a move on. My prediction is that they will make a few announcements the week after the grand final.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search