New stadia/upgrades to be built if we win 2023 World Cup

New stadia/upgrades to be built if we win 2023 World Cup

Author
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The FFA have been talking about an 'home of football' for years and years, I remember when the FFA want one around Homebush in 2005 if I recalled but like many things when it comes to football matters its never been a priority for the old regime.
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

I’m hoping WU or Team 11 can somehow get some footballing infrastructure here in Victoria on the back of it.
Even if it’s training infrastructure the game still benefits the sport long term.

Same applies to Brisbane.

Ideally a longer lead in would’ve been better for lobbying and gaining infrastructure but we can worry about that if we get awarded the privledge.
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

aussie pride - 24 Jun 2020 1:19 PM
I’m hoping WU or Team 11 can somehow get some footballing infrastructure here in Victoria on the back of it.
Even if it’s training infrastructure the game still benefits the sport long term.

Same applies to Brisbane.

Ideally a longer lead in would’ve been better for lobbying and gaining infrastructure but we can worry about that if we get awarded the privledge.

This.

we don’t need more than 1 totally dedicated Matildas facility in Australia. If someone thinks they should have one in each capital or even 2 total I just can’t see the logic.

All the capitals besides of the primary place could build a facility that Matildas can play but it should also have a football club playing there imo.
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Brian Kidd - 24 Jun 2020 8:51 AM
scott20won - 24 Jun 2020 12:16 AM

Are YOU really a true Football supporter or one of these closet AFL supporters on this forum, pretending to be a Football surporter???

I like AFL, League and the soccer 
rooboy91
rooboy91
Hacker
Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 24 Jun 2020 9:04 AM
paladisious - 23 Jun 2020 1:49 PM

correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you're not allowed more than 2 stadiums in 1 host city. So Bankwest is not needed if the SFS is completed on time. I'm more interested to see if the FFA will try to get Marvel Stadium included in the bid... just to outrage AFL bogans.  

Just play the Qatar game and count the council areas as separate cities.
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

scott20won - 24 Jun 2020 2:43 PM
Brian Kidd - 24 Jun 2020 8:51 AM

I like AFL, League and the soccer 

The fact that you used the redundant term "soccer" tells anyone all they need to know. 
con m
con m
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Brian Kidd - 24 Jun 2020 10:16 AM
melbourne_terrace - 24 Jun 2020 5:04 AM

You're a rare commodity on this forum my friend, as you actually "get" how this CROOKED system REALLY works and how we need to exploit it to benefit Football!

We've suffered through 15 years of the Lowy's "olive branch" diplomacy, of "turning the other cheek" in response to the media's relentless and unjustified attacks upon the game and where has Lowy's strategy gotten us????

I can certainly see ALL the benefits that the Lowy's have received from their strategy, but I'm damned if I can see any benefits that Football has received from it - It fact, where we are standing at this point in time, absolutely ZILCH, NOTHING, NADA!!!

Frank and Steven Lowy, NEVER ONCE stood up to the media to defend the sport, in fact they made absolutely certain that Football couldn't defend itself at all by virtually "hog-tying" Football's hands and legs behind it's back and "muzzling" any dissenters to their dictatorial rule. These two bastards are entirely responsible for the game's current situation.

I believe in the Buddhist concept of "Karma" where a person, who has intentionally caused serious harm to others is condemned to suffer retribution from "above" for the rest of their life for those sins.

In Frank Lowy's case, he is now suffering in his own private hell, caring for wife who suffers from a particularly debilitating form of dementia for the remainder of their lives, rather than flying all over the world enjoying their celebrity and fortune at Football's expense........................I'd call that Karma!!!

Anyway, it's way past time for the sport to "tear off" Lowy's restraints and start to assert ourselves confidently by "demanding our fair share!"

One act the FFA can achieve quickly, and send a powerful message of intent to BOTH the media and to rival sports, announcing the game's new "assertive, combative, take no prisoners attitude", is to call and ask both FIFA and the AFC to contact Chinese President Xi Jingping to ask him to ban the AFL's annual jaunt to Shanghai.

And another one, also ask President Xi, to force the closure of ALL of Ch7 proprietor Kery Stokes' mining business interests in China!

The huge profits Stokes receives from his Chinese mining interests are used to cross subsidise the massive losses from his virtually bankrupt Ch7 television network and in turn are used to fund BOTH the AFL and Cricket........................."That will kill two birds with one stone!!"

And let it be widely known that the FFA instigated the actions, in retaliation for years of discrimination and will be actively seeking out other entities who have wronged the game for similar treatment. 

If Football has learnt anything from the past 17 years, it is that the veracity of that old business adage - "Good Guys Always Finish Last!"

Personally I'm totally over the Lowy's "olive branch diplomacy", that has been championed by their slavish defenders, especially Midfielder.

It has been a "complete and utter failure"

Where has this totally useless strategy gotten the game?

As Einstein is believed to have once said - "Doing the same thing over and over again, but each time expecting a different result, is the definition of insanity"

Time for total rethink on strategy and a complete change of direction, punters!

We can't do any worse by adopting a more robust and aggressive strategy as the Lowy's way of doing things simply hasn't worked.

I agree that something does need to change because it has not worked up until now'
scott20won
scott20won
Pro

charlied - 24 Jun 2020 6:13 PM
scott20won - 24 Jun 2020 2:43 PM

The fact that you used the redundant term "soccer" tells anyone all they need to know. 

That I like the soccer
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

So you do want the government to fund a facility purely for football because we already might have one.  Weird.
scott20won
scott20won
Pro

“March 5, 2019 — 5.11pm

FFA chairman Chris Nikou has thrown his backing behind an ambitious plan to establish a state of the art home base for Australia's womens soccer team, the Matildas, in Victoria.

Nikou is set to endorse the Football Victoria initiative at a breakfast in Melbourne on Wednesday morning.

The plan would see the creation of a $60 to $80 million elite training centre for soccer in this state with the Matildas to be the biggest beneficiaries.

Football Victoria received a $200,000 grant from the Andrews Government to fund a feasibility study for the development and local government interest has already been strong.

Peter Filopoulos, Football Victoria chief executive, says that seven municipalities have already put in expressions of interest to provide land for the facility.

The organisation also now plans to lobby the Federal Government and the State Government for funding for a scheme it says will be a key driver for not just soccer but women's sport in this country.

''Already the City of Casey, Latrobe University, Maroondah, Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Darebin and the regional city of Greater Shepparton have expressed an interest in being the base for the centre,'' Filopoulos said.

''We see it as an elite centre which any national team at any age group could use to set up for pre match camps or training programmes, but we would like to see it focus particularly on the Matildas and give them the chance to make Victoria their home base.

''We would like to see it developed by 2022 if that were possible as that would be a year before the Women's World Cup in 2023, a tournament that Australia is bidding to host.''Our commitment to the women's game in this state is strong. We have had a 24 per cent increase in participation this year and we have seen strong growth in women's and girls.

''We have a target of 35 per cent female participation by 2022, and by 2027 we would hope to see an equal gender split of 50/50 with what we also anticipate would be larger numbers overall,'' Filopoulos said.

The state body already has a soccer set up at Darebin, but what is envisaged is on a much larger scale.

The Football Victoria plan would see a new centre boasting half a dozen full size pitches with floodlights and a small boutique stadium with a capacity of up to 5,000 where matches against low drawing opponents might be staged.

In addition there would be a high performance centre and gym, a theatrette and educational facilities.

''We think it's an exciting proposal and would benefit the game, and the women's game in particular, greatly. It would be fantastic for the Matildas to have their own home from home to prepare for games and major tournaments,'' Filopopulos says.

''We would also like it to be a centre which would cater for the best junior girls and young women who are part of the Emerging Matildas program. Australia has so many good young players and we believe they deserve the best facilities we can provide to help their development.''

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-back-football-victoria-s-plan-for-80-million-home-for-matildas-20190305-p511xw.html

I guess if the NSW government pays for the one in Sydney and Vic and federal government pays for the one in Melbourne it could work. But I don’t think the federal government should or would pay for 2 Matildas facilities that have the same function. 

Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Football needs investment in facilities everywhere and the needs are so great that we can't afford duplication.  To be honest Victoria needs to grow football at the grassroots because that is where it is weakest having the lowest percentage of registered players in the country.  It is doing a good job at increasing player numbers but even their "ambitious" target of 100k by 2025 (2026?) will fall well short of the National average of 2.2% of population.  I wonder whether putting the projected funds into more and better local facilities would be more helpful in the long term.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I hope Shepparton gets it, just to stick it to the "home of football" people. If we ever get out arse in gear it won't be far from the Melbourne-Sydney high speed rail link so that should be perfect.
scott20won
scott20won
Pro

Tbone - 23 Jun 2020 10:40 AM
So it looks like we might actually win the rights to host the  women’s 2023 World Cup.

Usually there is a lot of development and construction ie new stadiums, upgrade to existing stadiums and new training facilities built leading upto and after the World Cup.

While I understand its not the men’s World Cup but I would be expecting some much need and substantial funds being put towards upgrades of the stadiums selected to host matches and future fund for new stadiums.

womens sport is going through the roof here and it’s a great vote grabber putting money into woman’s sport! 

So I expect the FFA to really get so traction and being in some dollars for infrastructure.

what stadiums need and upgrade? And what new stadiums around the country could be built or have been planned but awaiting funding?

WA:
The $32.5 million State Football Centre, to be jointly and equally funded by the State and Federal Governments, will be located in Queens Park. Described by the Government as a "centre of excellence", the facility will contain two soccer pitches for high-performance, junior and community football programs, with the capacity to host training camps for national and international teams.The centre will include permanent seating for up to 700 people, with extra seating available for up to 4,000 spectators.

Premier Mark McGowan said the centre was expected to be completed by mid-2023.

"If the FIFA Women's World Cup comes to Australia in 2023, this will be an opportunity for a training facility and potentially a place for our Australian team to be based when they're here in Perth," Mr McGowan said.”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-14/wa-government-to-build-state-football-centre-in-perth/12353774

SA:
“Hindmarsh Stadium will receive more than $3 million worth of improvements, including 3500 temporary seats, should the Australia-New Zealand 2023 Women’s World Cup bid succeed.”
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/hindmarsh-stadium-set-for-3-million-worth-of-upgrades-if-australianew-zealand-2023-womens-world-cup-bid-succeeds/news-story/c954115b1750858b88b93134f2ff4a3b

“Federal election funding pledge moves $26 million Gepps Cross soccer hub closer to reality”

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/local-soccer-sa/federal-election-funding-pledge-moves-26-million-gepps-cross-soccer-hub-closer-to-reality/news-story/e92ff5ff5cd4e234e7f29cc0d75faa18

Vic: Matildas home
NSW: Matildas home

Qld:

“We would of course need support from state and federal government and Stadiums Queensland, and there’s an election coming up this year (in October) but we think it’s a realistic concept which could be up and running in under three years.

“Queensland is becoming more and more a sporting destination (with Australia’s 2023 Women’s World Cup bid and 2032 Olympic bid) and this venue would fill an existing gap in stadium infrastructure.”

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/brisbane-roar-ramp-up-plans-for-60-million-new-home

Most of it seems ok. Not sure if there is more. The outlier is Qld. I’m not aware of Qld Football wanting to build a centre or the state gov. It’s only Fong wanting a free stadium atm. State government may point to the Dolphin Oval development.

con m
con m
Pro

Gyfox - 25 Jun 2020 12:34 AM
Football needs investment in facilities everywhere and the needs are so great that we can't afford duplication.  To be honest Victoria needs to grow football at the grassroots because that is where it is weakest having the lowest percentage of registered players in the country.  It is doing a good job at increasing player numbers but even their "ambitious" target of 100k by 2025 (2026?) will fall well short of the National average of 2.2% of population.  I wonder whether putting the projected funds into more and better local facilities would be more helpful in the long term.

is vic weakness because of afl domination ?
Brian Kidd
Brian Kidd
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
conm - 24 Jun 2020 7:42 PM
Brian Kidd - 24 Jun 2020 10:16 AM

I agree that something does need to change because it has not worked up until now'

Good.................You obviously "get it" that offering "olive branches" to "pit-bulls", only results in getting your hand badly mauled!

Football, the TRUE game of Australias 1914-1918 First World War heroes and original ANZACs

Aussie Rules, Rugby League and Cricket, the TRUE games of Australias 1914-1918 First World War shirkers, frauds and cowardly draft dodgers

Brian Kidd
Brian Kidd
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)

scott20won - 24 Jun 2020 11:47 PM
“March 5, 2019 — 5.11pm

FFA chairman Chris Nikou has thrown his backing behind an ambitious plan to establish a state of the art home base for Australia's womens soccer team, the Matildas, in Victoria.

Nikou is set to endorse the Football Victoria initiative at a breakfast in Melbourne on Wednesday morning.

The plan would see the creation of a $60 to $80 million elite training centre for soccer in this state with the Matildas to be the biggest beneficiaries.

Football Victoria received a $200,000 grant from the Andrews Government to fund a feasibility study for the development and local government interest has already been strong.

Peter Filopoulos, Football Victoria chief executive, says that seven municipalities have already put in expressions of interest to provide land for the facility.

The organisation also now plans to lobby the Federal Government and the State Government for funding for a scheme it says will be a key driver for not just soccer but women's sport in this country.

''Already the City of Casey, Latrobe University, Maroondah, Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Darebin and the regional city of Greater Shepparton have expressed an interest in being the base for the centre,'' Filopoulos said.

''We see it as an elite centre which any national team at any age group could use to set up for pre match camps or training programmes, but we would like to see it focus particularly on the Matildas and give them the chance to make Victoria their home base.

''We would like to see it developed by 2022 if that were possible as that would be a year before the Women's World Cup in 2023, a tournament that Australia is bidding to host.''Our commitment to the women's game in this state is strong. We have had a 24 per cent increase in participation this year and we have seen strong growth in women's and girls.

''We have a target of 35 per cent female participation by 2022, and by 2027 we would hope to see an equal gender split of 50/50 with what we also anticipate would be larger numbers overall,'' Filopoulos said.

The state body already has a soccer set up at Darebin, but what is envisaged is on a much larger scale.

The Football Victoria plan would see a new centre boasting half a dozen full size pitches with floodlights and a small boutique stadium with a capacity of up to 5,000 where matches against low drawing opponents might be staged.

In addition there would be a high performance centre and gym, a theatrette and educational facilities.

''We think it's an exciting proposal and would benefit the game, and the women's game in particular, greatly. It would be fantastic for the Matildas to have their own home from home to prepare for games and major tournaments,'' Filopopulos says.

''We would also like it to be a centre which would cater for the best junior girls and young women who are part of the Emerging Matildas program. Australia has so many good young players and we believe they deserve the best facilities we can provide to help their development.''

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-back-football-victoria-s-plan-for-80-million-home-for-matildas-20190305-p511xw.html

I guess if the NSW government pays for the one in Sydney and Vic and federal government pays for the one in Melbourne it could work. But I don’t think the federal government should or would pay for 2 Matildas facilities that have the same function. 

Why shouldn't they???

Football, the TRUE game of Australias 1914-1918 First World War heroes and original ANZACs

Aussie Rules, Rugby League and Cricket, the TRUE games of Australias 1914-1918 First World War shirkers, frauds and cowardly draft dodgers

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

We need both, we are seriously short on both grassroots pitches but we also need elite facilities than just City's complex in Bundoora. It's not like the state football centre in Darebin is anything more than a couple of plastic pitches and Victory are still training in a public field. 

Viennese Vuck

Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

conm - 25 Jun 2020 7:37 AM

is vic weakness because of afl domination ?

That is a good question Con.  A football association was founded in Victoria two years after NSW in 1884 and the numbers now are 75k in Victoria and 300k in NSW.  There has to be a reason for such a large disparity.  There are numerous stories told of the treatment of football in Victoria during the first half of the 20th century that support the view that the dominance of AFL has suppressed football in that state but why then has the dominance of Rugby League in NSW not had the same effect?

I grew up in NSW in the 1950's and football was strong numerically before the bulk of the post war migrant wave saw it grow more quickly.  As a kid I found no pressure to play one code over another either from my family, my peers or from societal attitudes.  Interestingly I never heard of disparaging comments like "shielas, wogs and poofters" until Johnny Warren's book.  Maybe those attitudes existed in the south eastern suburbs of Sydney where Johnny grew up or maybe they came about after the 1957 rebel league that saw elite football dominated by migrant based clubs but in grassroots football in the western suburbs there was none of it to my knowledge.  All I saw was the number of migrant kids involved in junior clubs increasing and their parents getting involved in the many roles in running a club just like what was happening at school.  Football in western Sydney is strong because of the ability of people to get stuck in and work together no matter what background so the kids have a game to play and out of that has come a large number of players and a continuous stream of talented players that have populated local and national teams.

My experience of football culture in western Sydney may be different to others in western Sydney and I certainly don't have an understanding of how football "works" in other parts of the country so I can't answer the question about the effect of AFL on football's numbers in Victoria but looking at the near 100% growth there in the last 15 years and the goal to increase it by another 30-40% over the next 5 years if it has been held back in the past it doesn't have to be the case now and in the future.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
melbourne_terrace - 25 Jun 2020 11:18 AM

We need both, we are seriously short on both grassroots pitches but we also need elite facilities than just City's complex in Bundoora. It's not like the state football centre in Darebin is anything more than a couple of plastic pitches and Victory are still training in a public field

That's not entirely true though. Sure, the public have access to the field outside AAMI Park when Victory or Storm aren't using it, but it's also adjacent to some of the best facilities on the planet, where Victory are the primary tenant. What does it matter what happens to the patch of grass when the team isn't using it?

This isn't to say that football doesn't need its own infrastructure, which is plainly the case more broadly.
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
Brian Kidd
Brian Kidd
Hardcore Fan

Gyfox - 25 Jun 2020 11:37 AM

That is a good question Con.  A football association was founded in Victoria two years after NSW in 1884 and the numbers now are 75k in Victoria and 300k in NSW.  There has to be a reason for such a large disparity.  There are numerous stories told of the treatment of football in Victoria during the first half of the 20th century that support the view that the dominance of AFL has suppressed football in that state but why then has the dominance of Rugby League in NSW not had the same effect?

I grew up in NSW in the 1950's and football was strong numerically before the bulk of the post war migrant wave saw it grow more quickly.  As a kid I found no pressure to play one code over another either from my family, my peers or from societal attitudes.  Interestingly I never heard of disparaging comments like "shielas, wogs and poofters" until Johnny Warren's book.  Maybe those attitudes existed in the south eastern suburbs of Sydney where Johnny grew up or maybe they came about after the 1957 rebel league that saw elite football dominated by migrant based clubs but in grassroots football in the western suburbs there was none of it to my knowledge.  All I saw was the number of migrant kids involved in junior clubs increasing and their parents getting involved in the many roles in running a club just like what was happening at school.  Football in western Sydney is strong because of the ability of people to get stuck in and work together no matter what background so the kids have a game to play and out of that has come a large number of players and a continuous stream of talented players that have populated local and national teams.

My experience of football culture in western Sydney may be different to others in western Sydney and I certainly don't have an understanding of how football "works" in other parts of the country so I can't answer the question about the effect of AFL on football's numbers in Victoria but looking at the near 100% growth there in the last 15 years and the goal to increase it by another 30-40% over the next 5 years if it has been held back in the past it doesn't have to be the case now and in the future.

A very interesting read.

I truly can't fathom HOW Aussie Rules was able to achieve this outcome???

Aussie Rules players were known to be the "COWARDS" who avoided going to off to fight during the first World War, like the Bubonic Plague and yet they have somehow orchestrated, with the help of Rupert Murdoch's father Keith Murdoch, to COMPLETELY re-write the Australian war history record to portray these "pathetic, snivelling excuses"  as Australia's living embodiment's of the First World War ANZACS!

FFS!!! It is a uncontested FACT that from the various sporting codes, it was Football that supplied the "vast majority" of the contingent of soldiers that fought and died at BOTH Gallipoli and the Western Front during the Great War.

FOOTBALLERS ARE THE ONLY TRUE ANZACS!

Aussie Rules, Rugby League and Cricketers were ALL shirkers and cowards!

Brian Kidd
Brian Kidd
Hardcore Fan

Barca4Life - 24 Jun 2020 12:53 PM
The FFA have been talking about an 'home of football' for years and years, I remember when the FFA want one around Homebush in 2005 if I recalled but like many things when it comes to football matters its never been a priority for the old regime.

Why would Frank have wanted to move the headquarters of "his" FFA out to the boondocks of Homebush???

He was already on a fantastic "little earner" charging the game exorbitant rent for a couple of unused shoebox offices in the tower of his Westfields Eastlakes Shopping Centre.

rooboy91
rooboy91
Hacker
Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)

Victoria still has a few leagues outside of FV control though?
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend

rooboy91 - 25 Jun 2020 4:01 PM

Victoria still has a few leagues outside of FV control though?

So does NSW.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Heard upgrades will go on at ANZ stadium in some capacity.
QLD need a new stadium in the south east.
Matches will also be playef in main arena in Launceston, in Tassie, which is a round field. What's wrong with playing in rectangular stadiums only?
Edited
4 Years Ago by soccerfoo
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Brilliant result to win the bid.

The FFA needs to lobby hard all aspects of government levels for funding.
Training facilities and boutique venues hosting ‘lead in’ games once countries land should be the target.

We actually have a strong opportunity where governments need to spend to try a resuscitate the economy during a recession so we need to be opportunistic and capitalise on the this as we may never see these scenario pop up again.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Gyfox - 25 Jun 2020 4:15 PM
rooboy91 - 25 Jun 2020 4:01 PM

So does NSW.

So does QLD - notably the Church League which had 15,000 players a few years back. 
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

aussie pride - 26 Jun 2020 7:13 AM
Brilliant result to win the bid.

The FFA needs to lobby hard all aspects of government levels for funding.
Training facilities and boutique venues hosting ‘lead in’ games once countries land should be the target.

We actually have a strong opportunity where governments need to spend to try a resuscitate the economy during a recession so we need to be opportunistic and capitalise on the this as we may never see these scenario pop up again.

It will happen.
This will be a game changer, money will flow into the game on the back of this.

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

what are the rules regarding host stadiums? i believe FIFA take over a couple of weeks out from the first game? So the Storm can't play at AAMI Park for 6 weeks for example? Maybe we should get a couple of AFL stadiums involved just to piss them off.  
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 26 Jun 2020 9:25 AM
what are the rules regarding host stadiums? i believe FIFA take over a couple of weeks out from the first game? So the Storm can't play at AAMI Park for 6 weeks for example? Maybe we should get a couple of AFL stadiums involved just to piss them off.  

I know we're using the Lonnie stadium

aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class

Feed_The_Brox - 26 Jun 2020 9:25 AM

The thought of watching a World Cup game on an AFL ground makes me sick.
Id rather focus on improving rectangular grounds than trying to deliberately upset the status quo on petty politics.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search