Eurosnobs

Eurosnobs

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
AJF - 13 Mar 2019 3:11 PM
vincenzogold - 13 Mar 2019 2:25 PM

I used to watch heaps of HAL, now I am also turning into a "eurosnob" because HAL is difficult to watch because
- it is so slow and the constant back passing is boring

Interesting you've made this assertion from  the perspective of a highly trained football coach, AJF.

From watching football in Spanish and French leagues I'd suggest there is just as much back passing in the patient build ups of most of their clubs.

I'd contend that most HAL teams play a similar style to them at a lower standard and not as well.

Looking at the last round and this round  so far, I'm quite happy with the HAL standard.

Although as Benjamin eruditely  suggests, because we are improving very slowly, compared to some of  our Asian rivals, effectively we are stagnating in relative terms. We are in a confederation  that is improving fast. Long term it can only be good for our football.

I'd also contend that many of international teams like Spain, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany and Croatia also use the back pass in patient build ups similar to most HAL clubs.

From an  analytical perspective, when the KNVB and Dutch first critiqued the game in Australia in the   four main moments of the game;

Ball Possession;

Defensive Transition;

Ball Possession Opposition;

Attacking Transition;

the ball was in DT and AT too much.

In other words teams were constantly battling for possession  of the ball. Neither team had the tactical and technical ability to maintain the ball for sustained periods and were able to progress the ball up the pitch in the build up with relative proficiency. Teams had to work very hard to maintain the ball.

Now there has been a decided improvement in teams being able to retain the ball in Ball Possession for much longer periods - and - gain territory. This is a commendable achievement. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
vincenzogold - 13 Mar 2019 2:25 PM

I used to watch heaps of HAL, now I am also turning into a "eurosnob" because HAL is difficult to watch because

- its hard to sustain a relationship with a club when every season there is massive player recycling,

I used to live in England, and maintained interest in the game after moving here for some 20 years. 

I also lost interest though in the constant recycling of players and few Scousers playing for my club, Liverpool.

Is the current EPL, and other big five leagues in Europe, much  different from the current HAL in player turnover?
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 20 Oct 2019 10:30 AM

I used to live in England, and maintained interest in the game after moving here for some 20 years. 

I also lost interest though in the constant recycling of players and few Scousers playing for my club, Liverpool.

Is the current EPL, and other big five leagues in Europe, much  different from the current HAL in player turnover?

Yes, because they don't keep players to one year contracts.
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Decentric - 20 Oct 2019 10:30 AM

Much different when the competition is only 15 years old but 160+ players have been at 3 or more clubs.  Fitzgerald is 27 years old and at his 6th A League team lol. Tongyik is 22 and at his 5th side lol.  Reddy has played for 70% of the teams in the competition. By the age of 25 Cernak was at his 6th A League team. We are into our fifteenth season and last I checked in that time period over 25 players had played for half the teams in the competition. 

These numbers do not include players who have had multiple stints for the same side. For example, Djulbic who is at Perth Glory for the third time in 10 years lol.

I mean Brisbane last season brought in Babalj who was warming the pine in India ffs lol. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by JonoMV
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

localstar - 19 Oct 2019 2:49 PM
Decentric has a very low opinion of the intelligence of some Eurosnobs....!

Whoever changed the wording of my post- you are a dickhead!

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

localstar - 20 Oct 2019 12:00 PM

That is very poor form from whoever did. Regardless as to how one feels about a post, changing a post wording without stating who changed and why said post was changed is not on at all!!!

*This coming from a previous mod on other forums and/or games. 

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

localstar - 20 Oct 2019 12:00 PM

Any closer to solving the mystery of the phantom post changer?  Have you made a formal complaint to any mods?  Surely their would be some kind of audit trail that would indicate who the wanker responsible is.
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

'Every second Aussie is a Leeds fan': English giant on verge of reawakening

”...Many of the Whites' Australian fan-base came to support the club during their last period of success at the turn of the century.

Thanks to the likes of Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka, and the other Australians who succeeded them, Leeds have enjoyed a healthy following down under for more than 20 years.

The support base in Australia is a healthy mixture of ex-pats from Yorkshire, and Australians who warmed to the club in the late 1990s and early 2000s – particularly younger fans who were discovering European football for the first time.

....But when Leeds were relegated from the Premier League in 2004, much of their adolescent fanbase disappeared – many choosing to support Liverpool, where Harry Kewell was now plying his trade.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/every-second-aussie-is-a-leeds-fan-english-giant-on-verge-of-reawakening-20200714-p55c0f.html

Dont really care about Liverpool. As a Leeds fan I am happy when Man U don’t win. That doesn’t mean I want Liverpool or Man City to win however. 

Edited
4 Years Ago by scott20won
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

scott20won - 17 Jul 2020 4:24 PM

'Every second Aussie is a Leeds fan': English giant on verge of reawakening

”...Many of the Whites' Australian fan-base came to support the club during their last period of success at the turn of the century.

Thanks to the likes of Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka, and the other Australians who succeeded them, Leeds have enjoyed a healthy following down under for more than 20 years.

The support base in Australia is a healthy mixture of ex-pats from Yorkshire, and Australians who warmed to the club in the late 1990s and early 2000s – particularly younger fans who were discovering European football for the first time.

....But when Leeds were relegated from the Premier League in 2004, much of their adolescent fanbase disappeared – many choosing to support Liverpool, where Harry Kewell was now plying his trade.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/every-second-aussie-is-a-leeds-fan-english-giant-on-verge-of-reawakening-20200714-p55c0f.html

Dont really care about Liverpool. As a Leeds fan I am happy when Man U don’t win. That doesn’t mean I want Liverpool or Man City to win however. 

Will be interesting to see if this is still the case, if all these 'fans' come back out of the woodwork
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

NicCarBel - 18 Jul 2020 8:34 PM
scott20won - 17 Jul 2020 4:24 PM

Will be interesting to see if this is still the case, if all these 'fans' come back out of the woodwork

I think they are many LU fans.

I wasn’t happy especially when playing League 1 but in a way it was ok because now I am 40. I didn’t “have” to go to the pub every Saturday afternoon and watch the games because you could never get them. I know I would have though.

Big 4 fans in Aus is Man U, Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle 

scott20won
scott20won
Pro

Anyway, hope Hernandez plays and has a good next season. He has been very good last few years.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

scott20won - 18 Jul 2020 10:00 PM
NicCarBel - 18 Jul 2020 8:34 PM

I think they are many LU fans.

I wasn’t happy especially when playing League 1 but in a way it was ok because now I am 40. I didn’t “have” to go to the pub every Saturday afternoon and watch the games because you could never get them. I know I would have though.

Big 4 fans in Aus is Man U, Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle 

I certainly hope that is the case. I do have a soft spot for Leeds
scott20won
scott20won
Pro

NicCarBel - 19 Jul 2020 12:51 PM
scott20won - 18 Jul 2020 10:00 PM

I certainly hope that is the case. I do have a soft spot for Leeds

#superwhites

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I'm really happy for a Yorkshire fella I play football with, he went to Perth for their games last year.
Glad to see an great ol club back in the top flight.

Love Football

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

paulc - 13 Mar 2019 4:05 PM
AJF - 13 Mar 2019 3:56 PM

Pick and choose hey lol.

The Euros put all their eggs in one basket with $100's of millions per team and yet still produce crap. Poor value for entertainment overall but if you're addicted like druggies are you'll be prepared to pay for it. At least the HAL is cheap and just as entertaining.

Wow, just spotted this post. Can’t believe how one can be so delusional. lol
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

they should really go after leckie.... he would suit Bielsas system of just constant pressing/running...
scott20won
scott20won
Pro

jas88 - 20 Jul 2020 3:24 PM
they should really go after leckie.... he would suit Bielsas system of just constant pressing/running...

I’m not sure.

Imo the goal should be to finish 14th-17th next season. I don’t really see any Australians I would want (that would be available).

Possibly Mcgree But he would be cheap and on the bench. 

Premier League is too high a standard for Leckie I think. He would have had a crack already I think if offers had come. Even when he was in form in Bavaria he went to Berlin and not England.

i think there may be many players to choose from as it would be an attractive club for players to join at the moment.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

If the epl stops and the a league keeps it’s momentum could be another chance to get the eurosnobs 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 6 Jan 2021 8:29 AM
If the epl stops and the a league keeps it’s momentum could be another chance to get the eurosnobs 

don't forget there are other euro leagues that may not be effected.
Anyway, I doubt many would change their habit but for a very small %.
Myself as an eg for as you know I'm heavily invested in the EPL/Championship and keep close tabs on SerieA/LaLiga BUT I'm also heavily invested with my local grass roots football and NPL.
Hence my interest since AL started, I support our game, I'm invested, whereas say the average eurosnob has his/hers kids playing locally or academies, would they make the time for NPL or AL ? doubt it.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

LFC. - 6 Jan 2021 12:35 PM
Melbcityguy - 6 Jan 2021 8:29 AM

don't forget there are other euro leagues that may not be effected.
Anyway, I doubt many would change their habit but for a very small %.
Myself as an eg for as you know I'm heavily invested in the EPL/Championship and keep close tabs on SerieA/LaLiga BUT I'm also heavily invested with my local grass roots football and NPL.
Hence my interest since AL started, I support our game, I'm invested, whereas say the average eurosnob has his/hers kids playing locally or academies, would they make the time for NPL or AL ? doubt it.

I find the eurosnob is usually ages 14-25 and going by what’s cool. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Melbcityguy - 6 Jan 2021 1:39 PM
LFC. - 6 Jan 2021 12:35 PM

I find the eurosnob is usually ages 14-25 and going by what’s cool. 

there is plenty more mature eurosnobs imo.

As for your demographic I get it, got 2 sons and players, the eldest hardly cares re AL, been to some games last few years the derbies if at all and prior.
He's a passionate Spurs supporter, stays up all night watching EPL over the weekend (as all 3 of us do) - I ask him to come some other AL games, couldn't be bothered says it sucks meh.......
2nd eldest he's just passionste full stop, plays NPL, LFC watcher with me, reads everything football all OS comps and local comps, comes to AL games and many NPL games.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

A league all stars vs Barcelona is lose loss for the a league if

barca wins a league is shit

if a league wins they beat Barca’s thirds team 

I hope a league beats them 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 12 May 2022 10:09 PM

Is this the one being "coached" by Dwight? Is he having a pre game camp with the whole squad to go over the game plan and tactics? Maybe a few sessions to work on set pieces?  Blame the Eurosnobs all you want matey , the fact that some dumbc#nt promoter has you already cheering for the "Aleague Allstars" means you've already lost.....
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Theses games are a cancer IMHO. Leave the gimmicks for other sports. The fact that you can't tackle or run at 100% tells me that they are waste of money.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 12 May 2022 11:07 PM

Theses games are a cancer IMHO. Leave the gimmicks for other sports. The fact that you can't tackle or run at 100% tells me that they are waste of money.

yep its show trial game more than anything else.......
Just like any pre season game, you don't put in 100% but worse for these ones the ledger will be a draw or a 3-2 win to Barca to present it was a really close contest but thankyou for the gate takings.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 17 Oct 2019 2:18 PM
WSF - 17 Oct 2019 1:48 PM

Nearly as plastic as supporting a mono ethnic social club who just happens to field a semi pro football team on the side.

Hahahah I wasnt posting back then but must have read this back when I was just a passive observer.... whatever happened to the original Latinosnob from Croydon?
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 12 May 2022 11:07 PM

I remember going to Sydney vs Arsenal and promising to myself I'd never go to another game like this. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search