Ange to Tottenham Hotspur

Ange to Tottenham Hotspur

Author
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
tsf - 13 Aug 2024 9:44 AM
Doesn't seem like they've gotten much quality come in last two seasons 

Another big part of Ange's job was to clear the deadwood. He's done that really well and finally gotten rid of those hanging around draining the squad mood. 

A closer look at players new to the set up paint a good picture. I think it's true that every signing was an upgrade for the player. That's ok and they'll grow with the club but getting someone in from, say, Chelsea (well, Gallagher is heavily linked) or PSG didn't happen.
Vicario came with some doubts and rawness but had a great first season. 
Porro was on loan and now the permanent deal has seen him thrive.
van de Ven was a revelation at the back and I believe is the fastest centre back in the world?
Udogie returned from loan and Ange turned him into one of the best players in the team and he's definitely in the league's top 5 left backs.
Maddison thankfully picked up where he left off and had a great first season.
Johnson and Kulusevski entered the squad new and have done well with the latter doing more than expected. 
Given Werner's struggles at Chelsea, Ange got so much out of him despite being underdone.
Solanke's price tag makes me sceptical but good luck to him and I hope I'm wrong.

I didn't realise Dragusin was only 22 so that's promising while Gray and Bergvall have big prices for being 20 or younger so let's see if they come through.
Pasquali
Pasquali
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Tottenham sign Odobert! Great signing!
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Oliver Skipp on the cusp of joining Leicester. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

5am tomorrow is Spurs time to show their wares and welcome back Foxs.
Will be watching with my regular cafe and toasty.

Tottenham suspended Yves Bissouma for Monday's Premier League opener at Leicester after he filmed himself inhaling laughing gas last weekend.
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/premier-league/news/leicester-city-tottenham-confirmed-lineups-starting-11-team-news-spurs/c6f1c411c9d94e4f8420a1c9

Love Football

jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

seems to have signed alot of young players and wingers too.. good to see. Just hope he gets the chance to develop them. Could be a very good team in a few years.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Signings: Timo Werner (re-signed on loan from RB Leipzig), Lucas Bergvall (bought from Djurgarden), Archie Gray (bought from Leeds United), Yang Min-Hyeok (will join from Gangwon FC in January), Dominic Solanke (bought from Bournemouth), Wilson Odobert (bought from Burnley)

Departures: Eric Dier (released), Ivan Perisic (released), Ryan Sessegnon (released), Japhet Tanganga (released), Tanguy Ndombele (released), Joe Rodon (sold to Leeds United), Troy Parrott (sold to AZ Alkmaar), Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (loan to Marseille), Matthew Craig (loan to Barnsley), Bryan Gil (loan to Girona), Yago Santiago (sold to Elche), Carey Bloedorn (loan to Aveley), Nile John (sold to CD Feirense), Emerson Royal (sold to AC Milan), Dane Scarlett (loan to Oxford United), Jamie Donley (loan to Leyton Orient)

Love Football

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Spurs lead and toying with a tame Leicester. Solanke doing well outjumping Faes. Spurs pressing and covering not allowing Leicester an inch.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

johnszasz - 20 Aug 2024 5:35 AM
Spurs lead and toying with a tame Leicester. Solanke doing well outjumping Faes. Spurs pressing and covering not allowing Leicester an inch.

Good thing leicester prioritized cbs who can circulate possession over a backs to the wall cb like souttar
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well 1-1 

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Old warrior Vardy.
i expected he’d get a goal and it was soft defence Ange

Love Football

Edited
Last Month by LFC.
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

Bentancur out cold

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

grazorblade - 20 Aug 2024 6:11 AM
johnszasz - 20 Aug 2024 5:35 AM

Good thing leicester prioritized cbs who can circulate possession over a backs to the wall cb like souttar

Yeah and remember folks, Souttar can't pass... His passing game is better than most. Those long balls over the years have been lethal. I've moved on and I hope he succeeds at Sheffield United. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Fox’s pressing forcing spurs mistakes and openings.
It’s a contest now.
Foxs opened em up Vardy open on one with keeper should have put it away.
Ange wanting to make 4 subs ! Good decision it’s not working but delay Bentacur concussion concerns coming off.
77th min changes happening 

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Leicester could jag this the way it’s going 

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Richarlson had the moment but not to be.
2nd half was ordinary or did Leicester step up.

Love Football

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Sketchy second half by Spurs and only a few period where Leicester looked composed. Maybe Leicester will be tough for many visitors this season. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I thought Spurs were decent in the first half but didn’t take their chances to go further up, in the second half Leicester had one chance and they took it but the Spurs competely lost control of the game in the second half.
The subs helped but really need to sign a proper No.6, Sarr who is the No.8 didn’t connect well in defensive transitions which made the game more frantic than it should have.

I also feel they miss something in the final third, I’m not convinced by Johnson and Son looks to lack some sharpness to he’s game on the left and he’s too far wide to get involved in the attack maybe Ange needs to change this up a little and get Udogie overlapping rather than play that inverted role as Son is alot more dangerous closer to the box.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Barca4Life - 20 Aug 2024 7:34 AM
I thought Spurs were decent in the first half but didn’t take their chances to go further up, in the second half Leicester had one chance and they took it but the Spurs competely lost control of the game in the second half.
The subs helped but really need to sign a proper No.6, Sarr who is the No.8 didn’t connect well in defensive transitions which made the game more frantic than it should have.

I also feel they miss something in the final third, I’m not convinced by Johnson and Son looks to lack some sharpness to he’s game on the left and he’s too far wide to get involved in the attack maybe Ange needs to change this up a little and get Udogie overlapping rather than play that inverted role as Son is alot more dangerous closer to the box.

You could say the typical game of 2 halves.
Created enough 1st and Maddison ran the game with ease.
Agree Barca re Son.
Hes too wide - 2nd half non existent actually to me and that’s a huge loss for them.
I can see Solanke being effective once they get to know each other.
I’d put Son playing behind Solanke.
Johnson is good out wide but his choice when and where to release isn’t smart enough for me.
For the lack of possession Leicester had they exposed Spurs defense quit easy.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LFC. - 20 Aug 2024 7:59 AM
Barca4Life - 20 Aug 2024 7:34 AM

You could say the typical game of 2 halves.
Created enough 1st and Maddison ran the game with ease.
Agree Barca re Son.
Hes too wide - 2nd half non existent actually to me and that’s a huge loss for them.
I can see Solanke being effective once they get to know each other.
I’d put Son playing behind Solanke.
Johnson is good out wide but his choice when and where to release isn’t smart enough for me.
For the lack of possession Leicester had they exposed Spurs defense quit easy.

Agree with both of these points mate...  Vardys goal was a bit of a lightning strike on a sunny day but, not sure what Romero was doing but old fox in the box Vardy got in where he was needed... long season ahead.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep ol Vards, wtaching the replays even the pundits, Keane/Owen watched and pointed out Romero just jogged right by Vards instinctively to get back int he middle, like hello your seeing the main ol stirke weapon all on his own.
Ball fly's over Vards on his own easy puts it away.
Where was Porro.
I mean thats rule #101, this is Spurs main issue defense.
Ange would be spewing inside imo.
71% possession
13 corners to 2.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Football banter at its best LOL

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.skysports.com/football/video/30998/13199965/he-is-back-jamie-vardys-cheeky-message-to-spurs-fans-after-being-subbed-off&ved=2ahUKEwintfvg14KIAxXq5DQHHRA1DE8QwqsBegQIDBAE&usg=AOvVaw07yGpdsGTKHhHiEl-WG8gI

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DrES1aqy9-jg&ved=2ahUKEwintfvg14KIAxXq5DQHHRA1DE8QwqsBegQIDhAG&usg=AOvVaw3wv5wzEV6XmgPoOM3-tORj

Love Football

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

I think ultimately defence will be this teams undoing. Nobody ever marks anyone on set pieces/crosses. Up the other end the quality isnt there to capitalise on possesion dominance.

At one point Spurs had a corner and they went all the way back to the keeper with it lol. Some of what they dish up looks like Angeball but often its too laboured and slow.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

too much youth I think... team gets frustrated very easily. See Romero and VDV whinging at Vardy as he went off.

Teams know they can rustle their feathers and they just lose their heads after that.

Was cool to see the old 4-1-4-1 from Ange at the end.

Should of went for Palhinha
Edited
Last Month by jas88
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Yep their youth isn’t up to it yet and against a promoted club even though Leicester have seasoned campaigners.
That very blond kid, he’s good in the ball but tries to play too much, he thought he would beat a few defending in the sideline and then lost the ball.
Spurs keeper was going off at him saying just smash it back upfield to buggery lol which was right.

Love Football

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Everton a walkover this season but good to get a 4:0 win. Forest with a handy win at Southampton. Brighton definitely fulfilling some people's predictions early. Palace meanwhile open with 2 losses. Very early days of course. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

That's a new one. 4th official pulls a hamstring. Probably jolted trying to understand an Ange 'Nah, yeah' and has to be replaced. I get it hurts but get the guy an armchair! Even more interesting is the replacement ends up running the line with the initial linesman assuming the role of 4th official. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Is Odobert serious with that miss? 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

watching the LFC united game there was 3 sitters that should have been put away, thats football.
Why did Ange sub Maddison.
Spurs had enough possession (84%) chances to win 3games.
12 corners.
Finish the key.
They need Solanke back to see IF he gets better converstion rate.
Newcastle scored all 3.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LFC. - 2 Sep 2024 9:20 AM
watching the LFC united game there was 3 sitters that should have been put away, thats football.
Why did Ange sub Maddison.
Spurs had enough possession (84%) chances to win 3games.
12 corners.
Finish the key.
They need Solanke back to see IF he gets better converstion rate.
Newcastle scored all 3.

Great win at the "theatre of screams" this morning. Fergie must have been cringing in his seat with Ten hag... Mancs lucky to keep it to 3.

Spurs match before that, Spurs were high octane but sheesh the turn overs by Kulesevski and the lack of vision by Odebert... should have got a point at least out of that.... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer Kulusevski is a waster so so many times AND IMO a Ange selection fail.
Why not put Son at 9, yes we knw he better out wide but he has far more football sense than 1 footed and trying to beat too many Kulusevski.
They dominated so much you'd be licking your arse's HTF you lost that game.

Ange should sit them in the room to review how to dominate and convert at the "theatre of wannabees" haha.....
Backline covered the attack, midfield linked and beasted 2balls and intercepts and the front 3 fired on all cyclinders.
Wonderful display of complete football.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search