2024 Australia Cup

2024 Australia Cup

Author
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Australia cup continues tonight 
SoccerLogic
SoccerLogic
Amateur
Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)

Is it just me or has this year's edition of the Australia Cup been more fun?

There seems to have been a game on every second night, the games have been entertaining and even the stadiums seem to have improved.

I also reckon the FA's social media game has improved for the comp.

I don't know, just me?
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)

SoccerLogic - 27 Aug 2024 11:03 PM
Is it just me or has this year's edition of the Australia Cup been more fun?

There seems to have been a game on every second night, the games have been entertaining and even the stadiums seem to have improved.

I also reckon the FA's social media game has improved for the comp.

I don't know, just me?

The games have been great. The crowds look bigger. Yeah the socials are more active. Probably what I've missed is the club history segments they would do on the broadcasts.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

There is still a lot of work to do the coverage is shite. 

They don't talk about any of other games that are doing on and the commentary is monotone. We also need a midweek show to talk analysis.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

looking forward to the Spirit game tonight - small ground (synthetic) not much seating so will be standing room more than anything.
I expect a good crowd having never had a APL visit.
7 of us going, luv to see Spirit cupset but I can't see it happenning.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LFC. - 28 Aug 2024 9:35 AM
looking forward to the Spirit game tonight - small ground (synthetic) not much seating so will be standing room more than anything.

I want Spirit to win for you big man but I just can't seem to see it happening either... enjoy.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

HappyGuus - 27 Aug 2024 11:36 PM
SoccerLogic - 27 Aug 2024 11:03 PM

The games have been great. The crowds look bigger. Yeah the socials are more active. Probably what I've missed is the club history segments they would do on the broadcasts.

It was windy as hell in Melbourne last night yet the crowd at Hume v Srbija looked pretty damn healthy ... the Olympico goal was hilarious... felt so gutted for the poor Srbija keeper, Hume was playing with 13 players in the second half with that wind... :P
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 27 Aug 2024 1:25 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Aug 2024 10:09 AM

This has nothing to with Rangers. Please keep on point.

"point" is that keeper errors happen at ALL levels of football and not admiring a brilliant strike on goal for the sheer beauty of it is a reflection of your hatred for all things non-plastic in this country.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Aug 2024 10:18 AM

It was windy as hell in Melbourne last night yet the crowd at Hume v Srbija looked pretty damn healthy ... the Olympico goal was hilarious... felt so gutted for the poor Srbija keeper, Hume was playing with 13 players in the second half with that wind... :P

yer wind sure helped that corner mind you wtf the GK went to near post was a fail.
That scorer has a good left peg, that following shot in the highlights was good touch as well setting it up.

Love Football

HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)

Did you see that kickoff into the wind? Too funny. It was like they were playing on the west coast of Tassie!

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Aug 2024 10:16 AM

I want Spirit to win for you big man but I just can't seem to see it happening either... enjoy.

yer will be a bridge to high to climb I expect.
Spirit only experienced top NPL from this season due to the 16 Club shuffle for all grades.
Small Club but run very well, finished 11th considering playing against seasoned NPL1 Clubs and above CCM/WSW and Bulls.
They are a minnow and more so vs MV.
MV I see last game used Fornaroli/Arzani/Piscopo amongst other seasoned players so I expect being R16 they will have a pretty strong line up.
They'll either get blown off the park or put on a top defensive effort.
Good night out nonetheless.
Early spring weather, will be around 20 @ koff, bit windy right now but should subside.

Love Football

SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Aug 2024 10:21 AM
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 27 Aug 2024 1:25 PM

"point" is that keeper errors happen at ALL levels of football and not admiring a brilliant strike on goal for the sheer beauty of it is a reflection of your hatred for all things non-plastic in this country.

If that had been in the A league, you masturbation level would have been off the planet.
Any word on the shite crowd ?
THUG
THUG
Under 7s
Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)

I'll be at the Spirit vs MV game as well, cheering on the Spirit. Great that they managed to get the game at Christie Park. Hopefully a lot of local club teams rock up. 
Will be massive if they get the win! Would love the council to put in a decent grandstand and cover from the rain at Christie, could be a great, small sized, stadium, to go with the new fitout.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 28 Aug 2024 1:56 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Aug 2024 10:21 AM

If that had been in the A league, you masturbation level would have been off the planet.
Any word on the shite crowd ?

For the Mcarthur vs Newcastle match?  No idea on the crowd I didnt watch.

In regards to my wanking.... well if you are willing to pay Ill send you my only fans details.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

THUG - 28 Aug 2024 2:08 PM

I'll be at the Spirit vs MV game as well, cheering on the Spirit. Great that they managed to get the game at Christie Park. Hopefully a lot of local club teams rock up. 
Will be massive if they get the win! Would love the council to put in a decent grandstand and cover from the rain at Christie, could be a great, small sized, stadium, to go with the new fitout.

Enjoy, both of you...
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

HappyGuus - 28 Aug 2024 11:52 AM

Did you see that kickoff into the wind? Too funny. It was like they were playing on the west coast of Tassie!

Ive been to ABD on many a freezing cold winter's night mate... Nothing like that blast coming in off the "swamp" between the grandstand and Pasco Vale Rd.... Brutal ... watching last nights game the ball was "dancing" above head height, the players looked cooked running into the wind all match.... 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Was watching first half of victory vs spirit now perth vs Morton city 
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Vergos goal: https://www.facebook.com/share/r/qFGBVPZDyDweBecZ/?mibextid=oFDknk
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

It ends 4-0. Into the quarters.
Edited
Last Month by Quicky
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

confirmed Australia Cup quarter final fixtures,
Moreton City Excelsior v Melbourne Victory
Oakleigh Cannons v Macarthur
Adelaide United v Western Sydney Wanderers
Hume City v South Melbourne

Exact dates, venues, and kickoff times to be announced by Football Australia week commencing Monday September 2nd with ties to be played either Wednesday September 11, Saturday September 14, Sunday September 15.
Totti10
Totti10
Super Fan
Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)

Another cupset and I believe a record number now 4 pro sides knocked out by the part timers. The gap is well and truely the closest it’s been 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Totti10 - 29 Aug 2024 9:39 AM
Another cupset and I believe a record number now 4 pro sides knocked out by the part timers. The gap is well and truely the closest it’s been 

Excelsior!!!!!!! what a nuts game.... well done to such a new club.... seriously happy for them :)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Brenton1986 - 29 Aug 2024 12:19 AM
confirmed Australia Cup quarter final fixtures,
Moreton City Excelsior v Melbourne Victory
Oakleigh Cannons v Macarthur
Adelaide United v Western Sydney Wanderers
Hume City v South Melbourne

Exact dates, venues, and kickoff times to be announced by Football Australia week commencing Monday September 2nd with ties to be played either Wednesday September 11, Saturday September 14, Sunday September 15.

Only 4 Aleague clubs left.... interesting.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Aug 2024 9:56 AM
Brenton1986 - 29 Aug 2024 12:19 AM

Only 4 Aleague clubs left.... interesting.

Its great 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I hope hellas smash Hume....see their supporters trying to fight families and stealing flags off little kids. All posing like they're green street hooligans...no wives/sisters for them to fight since they make them all stay at home so instead they attack children of the opposite team....pathetic 
tsf
tsf
Legend

saw some of the perth game. My god they looked bad 

also that penalty for Heidelberg did not look a penalty to me. 

MV the favourites you reckon of what;s left but you never know. 

Hellas MV needs to happen!
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 29 Aug 2024 11:15 AM
saw some of the perth game. My god they looked bad 

also that penalty for Heidelberg did not look a penalty to me. 

MV the favourites you reckon of what;s left but you never know. 

Hellas MV needs to happen!

Bergers v Oakleigh as actually a fascinating struggle, ebbed and flowed like a classic cup game... never could tell who was gonna win until the very end.... Perth was abismall but going 1 player down early cooked them, still epic from Moreton Bay .... As for Victory, it was a training match, Spirit never really showed much... 

Absolutely Hellas Victory final would be the best thing ever... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 29 Aug 2024 11:13 AM
I hope hellas smash Hume....see their supporters trying to fight families and stealing flags off little kids. All posing like they're green street hooligans...no wives/sisters for them to fight since they make them all stay at home so instead they attack children of the opposite team....pathetic 

Anadolu are a funny mob... past few seasons they have had nothing crowds, I mean 20 people and couple of dogs, but this year, because of the change of president (I hear its the main reason??) they have gone ultra-nationalistic Erdogan style Ottoman Empire mode with flags and drums and black hooded 15 year olds jumping up and down all game... Its fun to watch them try and be "hard"... They where seriously outnumbered by Serbs at their own home match so not surprising they tried it on with families and kids.... 

We host them on Friday night and then again they host us for the Australia Cup ... weve already gone 3/3 this year, Im hoping for a 5/5
tsf
tsf
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Aug 2024 11:29 AM
tsf - 29 Aug 2024 11:13 AM
. weve already gone 3/3 this year, Im hoping for a 5/5

Do it. Shut them up :)
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

called it for the Spirit MV game and wasn't surprised, one of my sons said 4nil pre koff, should put some $$ down.
Mind you what a HOOT being at the small ground on a windy pre spring eve (light chill still) and pretty much full house.
  • NWS Spirit have lost 16 of their 30 NPL NSW games this season
  • NWS Spirit have failed to score in their last 2 NPL NSW games
  • Melbourne Victory won 4-1 against Lambton Jaffas in the previous round
Don't know how it looked on TV or mobiles but enjoyed the game watching some good play that I expected of MV - Spirit put up a fight but by 30mins 1 down and you could tell thats it.
Teague had enough time to set himself up delivered a sound range strike into the net.
Spirit kept trying but ball retention due to being shut down quick (pressing) forced errors lost ball even though they got more play in MV's last third than expected at times.
Man they tried to kick the crap out of poor Arzani, he acted a few too many times doing the usual scream stay on the ground then jumps back up running, some of the banter was funny as......
Wind really effected the ball in the air, some corners by Spirit if they times their runs better could have plucked one now and then.
Rest of the goals were played too quick for the part timers, quick play from centre to flanks then low cross's to be tapped in.
Some nice play but when your allowed or make that space always looks easy.
Seeing Forno on was good seeing his skill set and movement.
Good luck to Spirit Club, was a showcase for the area and supported very well, I had to park the furthest I ever had in all my years going to this ground.
Just what our semi pro NPL's need having their moment in the football limelight, making R16 was well beyound their abilities but good on them.
Just drop the kids chanting, it was cringe haha

WOW Excelsior, when I checked the score and red card I had high hopes they would finish PG off.
What a coup for them and the game.
MSC when I saw Bergs equalised that late I thought they may have got one of those gutting wins against Oak but not to be.
Good luck vs Hume I expect the win.
Imagine how Excelsior must feel matching up against MV.
Go the Oak/Excelsior and SMH.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search