The A-league Expansion Thread

The A-league Expansion Thread

Author
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
grazorblade - 27 Sep 2024 4:38 PM
libelous - 27 Sep 2024 3:35 PM

Compromise i support is just having a rule that a league clubs cant get relegated below the nst

They've already had the compromise for 20 years and done nothing with it. Compromising now isn't a brand new thing that's hip and cool and never been tried before.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

bohemia - 27 Sep 2024 6:10 PM

They've already had the compromise for 20 years and done nothing with it. Compromising now isn't a brand new thing that's hip and cool and never been tried before.

not trying to be difficult but not sure what you mean by saying there has been a compromise for 20 years? It's been a closed league for 20 years not a compromise?

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

grazorblade - 27 Sep 2024 6:50 PM
bohemia - 27 Sep 2024 6:10 PM

not trying to be difficult but not sure what you mean by saying there has been a compromise for 20 years? It's been a closed league for 20 years not a compromise?

Grazor, ur being difficult now!
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

libelous - 27 Sep 2024 3:35 PM

Compromise i support is just having a rule that a league clubs cant get relegated below the nst

I don't think they even need to do that. If the top two divs have 16 teams each, there would have to be 30 teams better than an APL team for them to be relegated... I can't see that happening, at least in the next decade. And if they are that rubbish then they should get what they deserve, really.

We should've done the aggressive expansion a decade ago and had the NST well bedded in by now. So frustrating.

Edited
Yesterday @ 8:11 PM by HappyGuus
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

HappyGuus - 27 Sep 2024 8:11 PM

I don't think they even need to do that. If the top two divs have 16 teams each, there would have to be 30 teams better than an APL team for them to be relegated... I can't see that happening, at least in the next decade. And if they are that rubbish then they should get what they deserve, really.

We should've done the aggressive expansion a decade ago and had the NST well bedded in by now. So frustrating.

I agree its frustrating

the compromise would be just to make it happen, as you say it would just be something on paper that probably wouldn't affect anything real but might grease the wheels 
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

grazorblade - 27 Sep 2024 8:29 PM
HappyGuus - 27 Sep 2024 8:11 PM

I agree its frustrating

the compromise would be just to make it happen, as you say it would just be something on paper that probably wouldn't affect anything real but might grease the wheels 

Yeah true, it would give the APL clubs security, although probably unnecessary. But the federation clubs and their supporters would never let up about it, no different from how it is now.

This goes towards the "earning respect" factor, it has to be as legitimate as possible.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search