Why is the media so against football?

Why is the media so against football?

Author
ducky42
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
conm wrote:
girtXc wrote:
Kapow/Misterfootball/barklystreebullshit/skeptic/socceroossupporter
just bugger off back to big foody,or alternately go back to your blog where you have a massive loyal following of 1 person

if that is a photograph of Misterfootball/barklystreetend then he looks surprisingly normal :-k

Can you not see the evil in his eyes? :evil:
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

That is not Mr Football, he was a blogger for MV on this site for goodness sake people. Kapow! & socceroossupporter are not Mr Football.

Deleted photo at request of a friend.

Edited by General Ashnak: 22/7/2010 03:39:19 PM

Edited by General Ashnak: 23/7/2010 11:51:21 AM

Edited by General Ashnak: 23/7/2010 04:25:57 PM

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

girtXc
girtXc
World Class
World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)

conm wrote:
girtXc wrote:
Kapow/Misterfootball/barklystreebullshit/skeptic/socceroossupporter
just bugger off back to big foody,or alternately go back to your blog where you have a massive loyal following of 1 person

if that is a photograph of Misterfootball/barklystreetend then he looks surprisingly normal :-k

Nup-thats a photo of the only person that has made Barklys blog a favourite-thats his entire fan club despite the incredible amount of crap hes spewed out
No12
No12
Hacker
Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)

FIFA has cleared its WC bid investigation and there is very little about it on the news unlike the big newspaper story about the allegations. Good luck Lowy with the deformation case hope you send them broke. Another proof of anti-football agendas by mainstream media.
Football is undisputed by far biggest sport in the world. FIFA has more countries participating in the WC competition than the UN members. Something so big and the media has so little positive to say about it in Australia.
Shame some people on this forum can not see this and please take your who is who dicusion on another tread
:-({|=
skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/australias-2022-world-cup-bid-cleared-20100723-10n96.html

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/australias-2022-world-cup-bid-cleared-20100723-10nna.html

http://www.watoday.com.au/breaking-news-sport/australias-2022-world-cup-bid-cleared-20100723-10n96.html

Quote:

Australia's 2022 World Cup bid cleared
July 23, 2010 - 10:39AM

Australia's bid for the 2022 World Cup has been cleared of any impropriety by soccer's global governing body, FIFA.

An investigation into the conduct of Football Federation Australia's (FFA) bid for the tournament has been conducted by FIFA since allegations of improper conduct were aired by Fairfax newspapers.

However FIFA have given the bid a clean bill of health, writing to the FFA to inform them.

"We stated all along that those damaging allegations were false," said FFA chief executive Ben Buckley.

"Subsequently we have been cleared by the federal government, independent auditors and now by FIFA.

"With this behind us we can now concentrate on our bid to bring the biggest sporting event in the world to Australia in 2022.

"If we are successful it will be a thrilling result for football fans and provide a lasting legacy for all major sports and a huge benefit to the national economy."

The FFA, chaired by Australia's richest man Frank Lowy, have subsequently commenced defamation proceedings against The Age.

spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Its actually defamation taken from the word defamed. not deformation taken from the word deformed. ](*,) \:d/ ](*,) \:d/ ](*,) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Edited by spathi: 23/7/2010 02:15:37 PM
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

spathi wrote:
Its actually defamation taken from the word defamed. not deformation taken from the word deformed. ](*,) \:d/ ](*,) \:d/ ](*,) :cool: :cool: :cool:

It is good to get words spelt and used correctly. A correct use for deformation is given in the sentence below.

Deformation that Pim used against Germany played straight into their hands. He should have stuck with his normal 4-2-3-1.
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

Gyfox wrote:
spathi wrote:

It is good to get words spelt and used correctly. A correct use for deformation is given in the sentence below.

Deformation that Pim used against Germany played straight into their hands. He should have stuck with his normal 4-2-3-1.

:lol:

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

girtXc
girtXc
World Class
World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)

skeptic wrote:
http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/australias-2022-world-cup-bid-cleared-20100723-10n96.html

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/australias-2022-world-cup-bid-cleared-20100723-10nna.html

http://www.watoday.com.au/breaking-news-sport/australias-2022-world-cup-bid-cleared-20100723-10n96.html

Quote:

Australia's 2022 World Cup bid cleared
July 23, 2010 - 10:39AM

Australia's bid for the 2022 World Cup has been cleared of any impropriety by soccer's global governing body, FIFA.

An investigation into the conduct of Football Federation Australia's (FFA) bid for the tournament has been conducted by FIFA since allegations of improper conduct were aired by Fairfax newspapers.

However FIFA have given the bid a clean bill of health, writing to the FFA to inform them.

"We stated all along that those damaging allegations were false," said FFA chief executive Ben Buckley.

"Subsequently we have been cleared by the federal government, independent auditors and now by FIFA.

"With this behind us we can now concentrate on our bid to bring the biggest sporting event in the world to Australia in 2022.

"If we are successful it will be a thrilling result for football fans and provide a lasting legacy for all major sports and a huge benefit to the national economy."

The FFA, chaired by Australia's richest man Frank Lowy, have subsequently commenced defamation proceedings against The Age.

Problem is the damage has already been done.Throw enough mud and some will stick.

I don't see anyone talking about the millions Qatar are spending to host Brazil v Argentina in November,or infact their unbelievable tactics with CAF or even why Bin Hammann is announcing the host of the Asian Cup 2015 in January next year.
I don't see them talking about Qatars unbelievable CO2 emissions which are the worst in the world per capita by a huge margin,over double the next nation,or how Bin Hammann lends his helicopter to Sepp.
All other bids have deficiencies yet I'm not seeing any investigative journalism into them

Vested interests:oops: :oops:
con m
con m
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Quote:

I am glad with this course of action

At least it will cause them to be more cautious the next time the Bogans proceed to misinform

Diegos Son
Diegos Son
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

I hope the FFA go after The Age for what they did. Even bigger case for it now.
Mister Football
Mister Football
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Diego's Son wrote:

To date, I can't see that anyone has disproven anything that The Age published.

I've heard Buckley pronounce that it's "unhelpful" (well, greater scrutiny is never desired by anyone spending public money!), but I haven't seen anyone stand up and say: this specific matter reported by The Age is false.

I've heard plenty say: well, you need to do this sort of thing, don't be naive, etc

But that's not a really solid basis for a defamation suit.
girtXc
girtXc
World Class

Mister Football wrote:
Diego's Son wrote:

I've heard Buckley pronounce that it's "unhelpful" (well, greater scrutiny is never desired by anyone spending public money!), but I haven't seen anyone stand up and say: this specific matter reported by The Age is false.

I've heard plenty say: well, you need to do this sort of thing, don't be naive, etc

P1SS OFF

I will get you banned before the week is out

Edited by girtXc: 28/7/2010 10:25:34 AM
Mister Football
Mister Football
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
girtXc wrote:
Mister Football wrote:
Diego's Son wrote:

P1SS OFF

I will get you banned before the week is out

Edited by girtXc: 28/7/2010 10:25:34 AM

You are the one uttering profanities, yet you are inclined to get me banned?

That is an odd set of morals you have there.
girtXc
girtXc
World Class

You're the TROLL

You are the one that has tried to damage football in this country

You are the one that opposes everything that football strives for in this country

GO
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Has anyone noticed this year Footballs coverage on News & Fairfax papers and web sites is down and as for 7, 9 & 10 their coverage is no where near what it has been recently.

Two things I noticed last week… twas waiting for a coffee and picked up the TerrORgraph [Ok newspapers readship down I understand] so went looking for the A-League it was roughly a third of one page 12 to 14 pages from the back… in nightly news shows the A-League coverage seems a lot latter in the sports reports and a fair bit less.

Given that 9, own Fairfax and since the take over Fairfax has gone from calling it Football back to having a soccer tag…

Funarch
Funarch
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)

It is common among the people from the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand to bag Football. 

The rest of the world doesn't, to my knowledge. 

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

a lot of people in the media have no idea about the game i noticed the same with tennis so they just don't say anything or bag it 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search