An incredibly boring, repetitive thread about ethnic clubs

An incredibly boring, repetitive thread about ethnic clubs

Author
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Minimalistix wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:
There's a reason why mono-ethnic clubs don't have broad-based appeal, and that's because they're mono-ethnic.

I'm not Croatian, therefore I would not be welcome at your club. I'm not Greek, so I wouldn't be welcome at Olympic. Unfortunately, that's the way you set your clubs up, in a racist, elitist way which excluded the majority of football fans. The amount of violence which surrounded the NSL was very real and it did involve a lot of conflict transference - lots of tension between ethnic groups. It was like a war zone every match day.

do i have to start pulling out youtube videos and newspaper links to violence in the A-league, i really can't be bothered, but I will do it, lol:-$

Glory Recruit wrote:

these clubs shouldnt even be allowed in state league imo or any for that matter.

ofcourse though if they change there ethnic ties(like there names and logos) then they can stay and even join the a league.

And this is exactly why you're a no body in football. Clubs like Bankstown Lions and Bonnyrigg White Eagles, have ALWAYS been in the State League, and didn't even participate in the NSL, and you expect them to be thrown out cause you're a racist fuck?

sydneycroatia58 wrote:

The amount of violence that surrounded the NSL was a whole lot less than was portrayed. There was not a whole lot more violence around the NSL than there is today, it's just back then football was seen as a sport just for wogs and they were portrayed as hooligans who couldn't go to a football game without fighting when that is just not true. Even now in the NSWPL there is no violence, no war zone as you described.

Precisely correct, the violence is not much different as well. Especially in the last 10 years of the NSL, it what probably even better then what it is now.

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:

these clubs shouldnt even be allowed in state league imo or any for that matter.

ofcourse though if they change there ethnic ties(like there names and logos) then they can stay and even join the a league.

[]

So where would you propose these clubs go then, if not in the state league.

The only 2 that still have ethnic ties in their name are Marconi and Sydney Olympic.

And even so, Olympic changed it's Club name, even before it became (racially) compulsory.

spathi wrote:
Names with ethnic ties is one thing, but supporters that chant in any other language that is not English is another. The sooner these clubs assimilate the better for Australian football.

And how exactly does it make it better if 20-30 people start chanting in English, rather then in Cro/Greek? How does it improve Australian football? I can think of MANY more ways that Australian football can improved, like better funding for grass root football, clinics, overhauls of State League hierarchy, BUT NO! THE ANSWER TO IMPROVE AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL, IS TO GET 20 CROATS IN MELBOURNE, 20 CROATS IN SYDNEY, AND 20 GREEKS IN SYDNEY TO CHANT IN ENGLISH :oops: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) you are THE biggest moron I have ever come across in a forum.

Glory Recruit wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:
The point is how would the croatians like a serbian ethnic club in there league? i mean really its disgraceful the god damn federal goverment should of stepped in lol.

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 04:34:32 PM

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 04:35:07 PM

Um we do have a Serbian Club in our league#-o

so its a serbian club based in croatia? not a serbian club based in serbia?

and these clubs have nowhere to go unless they can come up with a proper bid and from memory dont south melbourne have the greek stripes?the melbourne knights still have crotian colours.and most of its players are crotian.how does this make football in australia move forward?

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 06:07:44 PM

maybe some of these Clubs are content with where they are. Bonnyrigg had a chance to join the NSL, and would have been one of the biggest Clubs in it, but declined to do so. So i really dont see what your point is?

Glory Recruit wrote:
The difference between gold coast and knights is that the knights wear red white and blue for crotia.

and according to wikipedia that is the truth.(melbourne knights)

So you expect a Club to throw away of 50 years of History and Culture to meet your racist demands? Once again, this is why you are a no body in Australian football.

RedshirtWilly wrote:

This is true, however walk into Bonnyrigg sports club (which im guessing you never would :P) and you're greeted with a giant poster of "AVALA FC"

Even at the Blacktown V Sydney United semi last weekend, the United supporters were chanting "Sydney Croatia" and even spoke in that language.

And when you also walk in the Bonnyrigg Sports Club, directly to the left is a Chinese restautant ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) LOL!

Get over it, they can chant Sydney Croatia, and we can chant Pan-Ellinio - it is the old name to our Clubs, football Clubs all over Europe in there chants often use previous names of the Club, and I can only see this being an issue for you if you're a racist, which I would have MORE respect to you, if you just openly admitted you're a racist.

Villaboy wrote:
Sydneycroatia, I think you are missing the point. Yes, Sydney United fans chant "Sydney Croatia" and speak in Croatian because that is how they were brought up, but do you not realise that this alienates anyone that does not speak Croatian??
I used to go to a few Olympic games every season. Not because I am of Greek heritage, but because they played good football and were devloping the likes of Emmo and Nick Carle at the time. I would not go to any game thet there was a chance of the rivalries extending off the pitch. But the games I did go to, I was stared at as I would walk in with my family. The stands were filled with old Greek men, making no attempt to integrate into Australia, because they were more comfortable in their Greek surroundings. One time, going to buy some food, they had to go and get someone that could understand english!! How is this type of atmosphere going to attract non-greeks to the club en-mass?? I went to Sydney United and Marconi games as well, to find pretty well the same atmosphere, and I did not feel welcome.
Out of all the NSL games I attended, I felt the most welcome at Parramatta Power games. Why is this?? No ethnic affiliation meant a broad spectrum of supporters.

I very much highly doubt that people were staring at you as you walked in :roll: [/quote]

Racist fuck?having a ethnic only club in another country is racist to all its inhabitants you fucking idiot:)
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

How about you prove any of these clubs are ethnic only before you go on another hollow rant about how they shouldn't be allowed in Australia. How about you prove that these clubs turn away people that aren't of a certain ethnicity, prove that they turn away players that aren't of a certain ethnicity and when you can do that go on all the rants you want.
Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
How about you prove any of these clubs are ethnic only before you go on another hollow rant about how they shouldn't be allowed in Australia. How about you prove that these clubs turn away people that aren't of a certain ethnicity, prove that they turn away players that aren't of a certain ethnicity and when you can do that go on all the rants you want.

Again, missing the point. It is not about clubs excluding players and fans, it is the alienation felt by fans not belonging to that ethnic culture.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Villaboy wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

Again, missing the point. It is not about clubs excluding players and fans, it is the alienation felt by fans not belonging to that ethnic culture.

No, his point was that these clubs are racist and only for ethnics and that they exclude players and fans of other nationalities when it's just not true. He's an idiot who just throws about claims of racism and that these clubs should not be allowed to play on Australia.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

I find it funny that going by Glory_recruits views on what's racist, the man most people praise for starting the A-League, Frank Lowy, is a racist than :lol:
Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Villaboy wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

No, his point was that these clubs are racist and only for ethnics and that they exclude players and fans of other nationalities when it's just not true. He's an idiot who just throws about claims of racism and that these clubs should not be allowed to play on Australia.

I dont think the clubs themselves are racist, and by saying waht I am gonna say next, I am not calling you one, but...... Would you support a Serbian club??
A serious question.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

If I was brought up supporting them like I was with United than probably wouldn't have a problem with it. But I don't think I could pick it up once I'm
on my teens.
PAOKTZI
PAOKTZI
Amateur
Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)Amateur (648 reputation)

please post a-league violence videos so we can pass them all over the a-league
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

What a crying shame that these small-time racist clubs are still trying to destroy the game in this country. You'd think they'd have learned that that is not the way forward.
Minimalistix
Minimalistix
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

it was the way forward till Lowy's beloved Hakoah went broke and left the NSL.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
scouse_roar wrote:
What a crying shame that these small-time racist clubs are still trying to destroy the game in this country. You'd think they'd have learned that that is not the way forward.

Would love it if you could explain how we are (a) racist, (b) trying to destroy the game.

Just one shred of evidence to support either argument, please. Actually, sod the evidence, just give me a logical theory.
TheKAT
TheKAT
Super Fan
Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
scouse_roar wrote:

the only person who seems to be racist is you mate
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

TheKAT wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

the only person who seems to be racist is you mate

Mmmm:-k

Edited by joffa: 15/8/2010 02:37:06 AM
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Benjamin wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

Would love it if you could explain how we are (a) racist, (b) trying to destroy the game.

Just one shred of evidence to support either argument, please. Actually, sod the evidence, just give me a logical theory.

for me the nsl trully represented our country, we had a mix of australian clubs formed by hard working immigrants mixed in with your new clubs as well, every type of club in an inclusive national league setup, if these clubs were such racists they would have done everything possible to ensure that clubs like perth glory never got a look in, if we are being brutally honest its a more racist setup today.
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

southmelb wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

for me the nsl trully represented our country, we had a mix of australian clubs formed by hard working immigrants mixed in with your new clubs as well, every type of club in an inclusive national league setup, if these clubs were such racists they would have done everything possible to ensure that clubs like perth glory never got a look in, if we are being brutally honest its a more racist setup today.

+1 =d>
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:
Here you go, TheKAT, PAOKTZI etc.

Talk about your shitty ethnic clubs here and stay out of the section where we discuss real clubs.

Maybe you can even dream your unattainable dreams of being part of the A-League.

Cheers.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
I find it funny that going by Glory_recruits views on what's racist, the man most people praise for starting the A-League, Frank Lowy, is a racist than :lol:

I find it funny that the first opportunity you got to call me racist you did it lol.you think unaustralian is racist because i said its unaustralian to have ethnic only clubs lol?.i find it funny your a little cry baby and a drama queen.

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:34:27 PM

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:51:29 PM

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 04:59:26 PM
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

scouse_roar wrote:

just a bunch of whiney bitches cause they cant have there ethnic only clubs in the A league.

They talk about what there clubs have done for football in australia yet demographically if they had the format clubs have now it would of been alot more successful and there clubs would still be in the top level.but no they choose to alienate people and go for ethnicitys=racist=unaustralian.

and whys it racist? because its disrespectful to ALL people living in australia because they cant/wouldnt want to go to a football match where they feel alienated and most importantly this is australia.

not crotia or greece or italy etc.

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:39:18 PM

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:43:49 PM

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:47:24 PM
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

oops.

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 04:59:09 PM
Minimalistix
Minimalistix
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Glory Recruit wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

just a bunch of whiney bitches cause they cant have there ethnic only clubs in the A league.

They talk about what there clubs have done for football in australia yet demographically if they had the format clubs have now it would of been alot more successful and there clubs would still be in the top level.but no they choose to alienate people and go for ethnicitys=racist=unaustralian.

and whys it racist? because its disrespectful to ALL people living in australia because they cant/wouldnt want to go to a football match where they feel alienated and most importantly this is australia.

not crotia or greece or italy etc.

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:39:18 PM

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:43:49 PM

Edited by glory recruit: 15/8/2010 03:47:24 PM

Canadians, nor New Zealanders seem to have a problem embracing ethnic Club, only your red neck type do, aka, majority of A-league supporters.
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

southmelb wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

Yes, the destructive, crushing segregation where race isn't part of the club or it's identity at all.

DAMN YUO LOWY YOU RACIST!
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Glory Recruit wrote:

Once again for the noisy kids at the back who won't (or can't) listen... The only people who refer to these clubs as 'ethnic only' are those who don't like them. There is no exclusion. I feel extremely strongly about this because I am a non-'ethnic' who supports one of these supposedly 'ethnic only' clubs and I've never had so much as a raised eyebrow in my direction at any match in the NSL or VPL.
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

macktheknife wrote:
southmelb wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

Yes, the destructive, crushing segregation where race isn't part of the club or it's identity at all.

If we want an inclusive national league the door should be open for all clubs just like the nsl days, so yes with the current hal setup being a closed shop designed to keep certain clubs out that is a more racist setup.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

southmelb wrote:
macktheknife wrote:
southmelb wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

If we want an inclusive national league the door should be open for all clubs just like the nsl days, so yes with the current hal setup being a closed shop designed to keep certain clubs out that is a more racist setup.

i agree with the premise that the A-League should be open for all and I do not have a problem with a Broadbased State League or former NSL club being in the competition. I think the some of the concerns raised are valid, whether they are based on ignorance or not, it is reasonable for concerns to be talked through constructively.

My aim is to see the game grow and that is why I have advocated for a regionally based second tier and for an Australia cup comp...and if you recall I think a third tier based on the State Leagues could also be viable and inclusive.

Excluding clubs out hand is silly in exactly the same casually dismissing peoples concerns is also silly.

We all support the one code and we all want football to succeed in Australia and New Zealand...now where's the common ground.
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Villaboy wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:
Villaboy wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:

there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?

With that statement, you have just put your argument back quite a way. Why should anyone be limited to the choice of club they support purely on ethnicity?? That point of view is the whole point of the argument against ethnically aligned clubs.
At the "anglo saxon" teams, I sat between and amongst people of many different ethnicities, but becasue the club itself had not aligned with anyone, everyone was accepted.

my question was to scouse, i stated that i meet alot of aussie and maltese etc of Sydney United Fans along the years...now scouse said he isnt cro, greek etc and called us pissant clubs...now id say he is the narrow minded C**T...

Thats why i asked the question if you felt threatened by these "ethnic background" clubs then why didnt you go to an ang sloaxon aussie team, simple question really.....

And the simple answer to your simple question is...... Why should he have to??

you can support them now, but not back then??

mmm yer makes sense doesnt it...:roll:

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro

19-SU-58 wrote:
Villaboy wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:
Villaboy wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:

there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?

With that statement, you have just put your argument back quite a way. Why should anyone be limited to the choice of club they support purely on ethnicity?? That point of view is the whole point of the argument against ethnically aligned clubs.
At the "anglo saxon" teams, I sat between and amongst people of many different ethnicities, but becasue the club itself had not aligned with anyone, everyone was accepted.

my question was to scouse, i stated that i meet alot of aussie and maltese etc of Sydney United Fans along the years...now scouse said he isnt cro, greek etc and called us pissant clubs...now id say he is the narrow minded C**T...

Thats why i asked the question if you felt threatened by these "ethnic background" clubs then why didnt you go to an ang sloaxon aussie team, simple question really.....

And the simple answer to your simple question is...... Why should he have to??

you can support them now, but not back then??

mmm yer makes sense doesnt it...:roll:

Why are un-aligned clubs, Anglo clubs?? I dont see a Union Jack or British colours being incoporated into any A-League clubs emblem, or strip.
The only one that comes close to having an ethnic affiliation is the Roar, but they dont chant in Dutch.

Edited by villaboy: 15/8/2010 09:45:33 PM
StarvinMarvin
StarvinMarvin
Hacker
Hacker (301 reputation)Hacker (301 reputation)Hacker (301 reputation)Hacker (301 reputation)Hacker (301 reputation)Hacker (301 reputation)Hacker (301 reputation)Hacker (301 reputation)Hacker (301 reputation)Hacker (301 reputation)Hacker (301 reputation)

Benjamin wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:

Once again for the noisy kids at the back who won't (or can't) listen... The only people who refer to these clubs as 'ethnic only' are those who don't like them. There is no exclusion. I feel extremely strongly about this because I am a non-'ethnic' who supports one of these supposedly 'ethnic only' clubs and I've never had so much as a raised eyebrow in my direction at any match in the NSL or VPL.

South Melbourne is truly a multicultural club. Why just look at their board memebers! :roll: :roll: :roll:

President
Leo Athanasakis

Chairman
Nick Galatas

Secretary
George Koukoulas

Treasurer
Peter Parthimos

Board of Management
Ange Dallas - Director of Football
Dr George Triantos - Corporate Sales, Marketing & Events
Tony Margaritis - General Business / Merchandise
Tom Kalas – Youth Development
George Koukoulas - Venue Management
Lucky Chrisomalidis - Sales

Administration
Nicki Tsourekis - Operations Manager
George Kouroumalis - Media & Communications Manager
Michael Dimoudis - Web Site Manager
John Kyrou - Club Historian
Paul Zarogiannis - Video Production
Nick Szkilnik - Operations & Events Assistant

Great pathways for those involved in the club but dont have a greek background hey.
skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

With the words being used such as segregation, exclusion, assimilation, un-Australian, integrate, and such questions as "can you read English?", this thread has much more in common with a One Nation speech to the party faithful.

Scouse, you claim to be bored of this subject, yet you bring it up once again and contribute with vigour. Give people credit for an inkling of intelligence please. Do you think the premise for doing so isn't transparent?

I doubt I'll see a substantial acceptance of the many hundreds, if not thousands of immigrant founded clubs around the country nor a compromise at the national level in my lifetime by many in the game. It took 50 years to rid the 'Ethnics' of any influence in the national game and it will now be clung to with a white knuckle fist. As can be seen in this forum, there's those that even call for 'Ethnic' founded clubs to be excluded from all levels of Australian football.

A renouncing of your ancestry, a name change by deed poll, a Mr. Smith, Jones and Brown on your board, speaking English with a nasal Aussie accent and a lighter shade of skin bleaching might be enough to please some, but what's worth paying that price?

chris
chris
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

StarvinMarvin wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:

South Melbourne is truly a multicultural club. Why just look at their board memebers! :roll: :roll: :roll:

President
Leo Athanasakis

Chairman
Nick Galatas

Secretary
George Koukoulas

Treasurer
Peter Parthimos

Board of Management
Ange Dallas - Director of Football
Dr George Triantos - Corporate Sales, Marketing & Events
Tony Margaritis - General Business / Merchandise
Tom Kalas – Youth Development
George Koukoulas - Venue Management
Lucky Chrisomalidis - Sales

Administration
Nicki Tsourekis - Operations Manager
George Kouroumalis - Media & Communications Manager
Michael Dimoudis - Web Site Manager
John Kyrou - Club Historian
Paul Zarogiannis - Video Production
Nick Szkilnik - Operations & Events Assistant

Great pathways for those involved in the club but dont have a greek background hey.

Is that the best you can do?

chris
chris
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

skeptic wrote:
With the words being used such as segregation, exclusion, assimilation, un-Australian, integrate, and such questions as "can you read English?", this thread has much more in common with a One Nation speech to the party faithful.

Scouse, you claim to be bored of this subject, yet you bring it up once again and contribute with vigour. Give people credit for an inkling of intelligence please. Do you think the premise for doing so isn't transparent?

I doubt I'll see a substantial acceptance of the many hundreds, if not thousands of immigrant founded clubs around the country nor a compromise at the national level in my lifetime by many in the game. It took 50 years to rid the 'Ethnics' of any influence in the national game and it will now be clung to with a white knuckle fist. As can be seen in this forum, there's those that even call for 'Ethnic' founded clubs to be excluded from all levels of Australian football.

A renouncing of your ancestry, a name change by deed poll, a Mr. Smith, Jones and Brown on your board, speaking English with a nasal Aussie accent and a lighter shade of skin bleaching might be enough to please some, but what's worth paying that price?

Whenever there are operational gaps and open for criticism - thus exposing the whole Franchise model - ethnic arguments are a welcomed distraction for a competition that is operating just slightly above the poverty line.....ppppfffffffttt - getting all to repetitive

the latest shit being trolled around is that smfc is jeopordising the 2022 WCB because we are in dispute with the FFV

#-o

Edited by Chris: 16/8/2010 03:04:07 PM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search