Coaching courses and badges.

Coaching courses and badges.

Author
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
krones3 wrote:
Just signed up for another coaching course. they are a good thing everyone should do them but from what i have seen it wont make a good coach from a bad one. JMO

What course? I'm currently doing the B licence at FNSW.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

just a skills acquisition workshop.

Im not too impressed with the trainer nor the fact that the same old coaches with the same old attitudes are still in control of football. Just parrots if you ask me.
signed up to get fresh ideas.
what i realy want to know about is motivation, competitive attitude and determined aggression. development.

Edited by krones3: 1/5/2016 08:31:55 AM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
Just completed a MiniRoos course. Very interesting and informative.

Never heard of it. Is that the official name?

Grassroots discovery phase. 3-9 year olds. FFV sanctioned.

Awesome. What did they go through and what did you learn?

The way they structure kids education is fantastic. Engagement. The key word. It's amazing.

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

krones3 wrote:
just a skills acquisition workshop.

Im not too impressed with the trainer nor the fact that the same old coaches with the same old attitudes are still in control of football. Just parrots if you ask me.
signed up to get fresh ideas.
what i realy want to know about is motivation, competitive attitude and determined aggression. development.

Edited by krones3: 1/5/2016 08:31:55 AM

Motivation, competitive attitude and determined aggression is something you can't teach. As a coach, you have to find ways that work for certain types of players. I've been coaching for 4 years and when I first started I expected every player to be highly motivated. Definitely not true but as a coach, you need to find out what makes your players tick.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

The way they structure kids education is fantastic. Engagement. The key word. It's amazing.

I've never coached kids that young and to be honest I don't think I'd do it well. Very different set of skills to coaching 13's, 14's, 15's, 16's and 18's (which is what I've coached).

Edited by theFOOTBALLlover: 2/5/2016 10:59:10 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

I've never coached kids that young and to be honest I don't think I'd do it well. Very different set of skills to coaching 13's, 14's, 15's, 16's and 18's (which is what I've coached).

Why is that?

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Why is that?

I enjoy working on the structure of the team - playing as a team. Coaching Miniroos is skills based.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Why is that?

I enjoy working on the structure of the team - playing as a team. Coaching Miniroos is skills based.

Where do you think they start learning the structures of the game.

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Why is that?

Ages 9-12 in SAP. Why?
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Why is that?

Ages 9-12 in SAP. Why?

Theyre learning about the game. You dont put them in 442 structures etc but you give them roles and you alternate to learn about the game.

Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
krones3 wrote:
Just signed up for another coaching course. they are a good thing everyone should do them but from what i have seen it wont make a good coach from a bad one. JMO

Found the Periodisation a pain when I did it.

In the A Licence the mini-thesis was arduous.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Brew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
krones3 wrote:

How many words and whats it all about?

andybram
andybram
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Does anyone know what the situation is in regards to transferring a coaching licence to England?

I have my Level 2 in England (C Licence). I shall be living in Australia for a few years and plan on taking my B licence in Australia, can this be transferred over to Uefa if I move back to England so I could go straight for my Uefa A or will I have to take the B course again back in England because they do not recognise the Australian B licence?

Thanks for any help
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

Brew wrote:
theFOOTBALLlover wrote:
krones3 wrote:

Periodisation is fantastic though. The difference it makes in the performance of a team is incredible.
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

andybram wrote:
Does anyone know what the situation is in regards to transferring a coaching licence to England?

I have my Level 2 in England (C Licence). I shall be living in Australia for a few years and plan on taking my B licence in Australia, can this be transferred over to Uefa if I move back to England so I could go straight for my Uefa A or will I have to take the B course again back in England because they do not recognise the Australian B licence?

Thanks for any help

http://www.thefa.com/st-georges-park/discover/coaching/fa-education-faqs/international-coaching-qualifications

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

dirkvanadidas wrote:
andybram wrote:

Thanks for any help

http://www.thefa.com/st-georges-park/discover/coaching/fa-education-faqs/international-coaching-qualifications

bad new s old chap

AFC Courses
Downgrade by one level e.g. AFC A Licence = UEFA B Licence
Unable to be uploaded to your FAN
As per equivalent level
You will be required to submit your certificate to FA Education. Once this has been received the home association will be contacted to confirm validity.

which is quite amusing having attended CPD events with UEFA 'A' tutors.

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

nffc2
nffc2
Under 7s
Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)

I am pencilled in for the B Licence in Canberra in October but I have worked out that it is going to cost me a minimum of $4,310. Is there a better way I could spend that money if I am not too worried about the actual licence part but more interested in learning as much as I can and if so, what?
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

nffc2 wrote:
I am pencilled in for the B Licence in Canberra in October but I have worked out that it is going to cost me a minimum of $4,310. Is there a better way I could spend that money if I am not too worried about the actual licence part but more interested in learning as much as I can and if so, what?

I'm currently doing my regional B licence in Sydney and it was only about $2400. Going to Canberra is a lot of money. Is there a regional B licence course you could do?
nffc2
nffc2
Under 7s
Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)

The closest capital to me is Brisbane and the B licence starts in late January each year and I work in a College so the timing is rotten. All staff are back the same week as the first 6 days of the course but you are absolutely correct that it is a much cheaper option.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search