The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
lolitsbigmic - 18 Sep 2019 11:38 PM
What is the go with halloway? Injured or something else?

Injured. Did his hammy - minor strain followed by a bit of a tear. 4-6 weeks out is typical but he was seen doing fairly aggressive warms ups before Saturday’s kit launch so can’t be far away. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Waz - 19 Sep 2019 6:23 AM
lolitsbigmic - 18 Sep 2019 11:38 PM

Injured. Did his hammy - minor strain followed by a bit of a tear. 4-6 weeks out is typical but he was seen doing fairly aggressive warms ups before Saturday’s kit launch so can’t be far away. 

Good to know more than "he is missing again".

Looking forward to him back on the park - I was hugely impressed with what he brought to our early pre-season games - regardless of it not being ALeague opposition.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Yeah he looked promising but we have seen so little of him so far .I hope he becomes something of a goal machine as we need someone who can pot them away . ROD, Inman and O'Shea can all put them away and are great goalscoring back up for a main striker but we need someone to be a 15-20 goals a season man .

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Got my memberships. Den 332/Row 12. 

Called the club line and got a recorded Jamie Young doing the “press one for ....” 😂
Edited
5 Years Ago by Waz
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

miron mercedes - 19 Sep 2019 1:57 PM
Yeah he looked promising but we have seen so little of him so far .I hope he becomes something of a goal machine as we need someone who can pot them away . ROD, Inman and O'Shea can all put them away and are great goalscoring back up for a main striker but we need someone to be a 15-20 goals a season man .

I saw more of him as someone to draw attention, hold the ball and bring the others into it.

He held the ball and won the ball well.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

CS - 18 Sep 2019 5:49 PM
Having seen most teams in action now, and seen the results, I'm prepared to fly a kite and say that I think that Fowler has pegged his imports from the UK at too low a level.  Whilst realising that this is not far off pin the tail on the donkey, my pick is that BR will struggle to rise above the middle of the table and a top 6 finish would surprise me.

That's what I've ben saying.

However, there is something positively different about this team that takes them so close in being a top contender. That's the feeling I get from what I've seen - that they're just a couple of good players away. Otherwise they will be predictable and mid table quality at best.

In a resort somewhere

Waz
Waz
Legend

Anyone go yesterday and have a match report?? 

The RSF planned a bus, downsized to a small bus, then a minibus, and then sent a 10 seater plus trailer... hardly an invasion but hey ;). 

I was was doing gradings yesterday so couldn’t travel but the guys/gals that did seemed to have a good time. They reported Wide Bay were making subs every 8 minutes, and parked the bus from the get-go (which to be fair they should) with Roar hitting the woodwork on 4 occasions. 

Its 9 wins out of 10 in preseason which has to be our best but I’ve nagging doubts over ROD and Holloway all the same. 
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Waz - 22 Sep 2019 6:44 AM
Anyone go yesterday and have a match report?? 

The RSF planned a bus, downsized to a small bus, then a minibus, and then sent a 10 seater plus trailer... hardly an invasion but hey ;). 

I was was doing gradings yesterday so couldn’t travel but the guys/gals that did seemed to have a good time. They reported Wide Bay were making subs every 8 minutes, and parked the bus from the get-go (which to be fair they should) with Roar hitting the woodwork on 4 occasions. 

Its 9 wins out of 10 in preseason which has to be our best but I’ve nagging doubts over ROD and Holloway all the same. 

you would assume if we are all a bit sceptical about our strikers then Fowler and Grant are too. However I remember watching Aloisi cruising along in blissful ignorance of what everyone but him could see . So I am not convinced coaches always see the obvious .

Waz
Waz
Legend

miron mercedes - 22 Sep 2019 8:57 AM
Waz - 22 Sep 2019 6:44 AM

you would assume if we are all a bit sceptical about our strikers then Fowler and Grant are too. However I remember watching Aloisi cruising along in blissful ignorance of what everyone but him could see . So I am not convinced coaches always see the obvious .

Agreed. At 4.5 goals per game so far he may not see a problem of course. Especially with 8 goals in 4 games against HAL opponents. 

I’d just be happier if ROD was banging them in. 
lolitsbigmic
lolitsbigmic
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)

Waz - 22 Sep 2019 10:36 AM
miron mercedes - 22 Sep 2019 8:57 AM

Agreed. At 4.5 goals per game so far he may not see a problem of course. Especially with 8 goals in 4 games against HAL opponents. 

I’d just be happier if ROD was banging them in. 

My thing with rod is that he doesn't really do much on the field. So unless he banging in goal I do question his role. When you have someone dynamic like dwh.

Anyway we shall see. 
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro

lolitsbigmic - 22 Sep 2019 1:20 PM

My thing with rod is that he doesn't really do much on the field. So unless he banging in goal I do question his role. When you have someone dynamic like dwh.

Anyway we shall see. 

Yes it is early days but I guess we have had a few years of being let down so those suspicions linger on until we are proven different.

Waz
Waz
Legend

Anyway we shall see. 

In a 3-5-2 the two forwards have a very definite role to play outside of just scoring so it should be easy to see what ROD does. And that’s my concern at the moment, maybe the system doesn’t suit him? 
Divine Right
Divine Right
Hacker
Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)

Waz - 22 Sep 2019 1:41 PM

In a 3-5-2 the two forwards have a very definite role to play outside of just scoring so it should be easy to see what ROD does. And that’s my concern at the moment, maybe the system doesn’t suit him? 

Maybe we should be bringing Berisha back into the fold? Proven goal scorer in the league, presses the defense though he is still a hothead
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Waz, next time you are talking to the club, can you find out what is happening with the black kit?
Ordered online and got sent the maroon one which I am returning. Online store supplier then said there was an issue with it and that they weren't getting any stock. The adult sizes have been removed from the online store also. Rebel don't seem to have it either. 
I've tweeted Pourre about it but he hasn't responded. All seems very strange. 
Stevie.J
Stevie.J
Fan
Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)

Mello-D - 22 Sep 2019 8:26 PM
Waz, next time you are talking to the club, can you find out what is happening with the black kit?
Ordered online and got sent the maroon one which I am returning. Online store supplier then said there was an issue with it and that they weren't getting any stock. The adult sizes have been removed from the online store also. Rebel don't seem to have it either. 
I've tweeted Pourre about it but he hasn't responded. All seems very strange. 

Same issue happened to me. I ordered the black jersey but was sent the maroon. 

I've sent the supplier an email but no answer just yet. I'll give them a call tomorrow. 

My guess is that it's an issue with the system and perhaps they've taken down the option to buy the black jersey until it's fixed. On my email indicating that they've sent the jersey it states that it's the black jersey, however on the confirmation email of purchase it shows the maroon jersey. 
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Stevie.J - 22 Sep 2019 8:41 PM
Mello-D - 22 Sep 2019 8:26 PM

Same issue happened to me. I ordered the black jersey but was sent the maroon. 

I've sent the supplier an email but no answer just yet. I'll give them a call tomorrow. 

My guess is that it's an issue with the system and perhaps they've taken down the option to buy the black jersey until it's fixed. On my email indicating that they've sent the jersey it states that it's the black jersey, however on the confirmation email of purchase it shows the maroon jersey. 

Their original response to me was:

We sincerely apologise that you have received the incorrect item. It has been brought to our attention that there is an issue relating to the product you have ordered. Unfortunately we do not have the correct stock to correct this error.

Then I emailed back asking if there was going to be a delay in getting the black one in, and if so whether I could just wait to exchange it. Their response to that was:

Unfortunately, we are not going to be receiving any more stock in.

Which is why I've asked Pourre and the club about it. 

Waz
Waz
Legend

Mello-D - 22 Sep 2019 9:23 PM

We sincerely apologise that you have received the incorrect item. It has been brought to our attention that there is an issue relating to the product you have ordered. Unfortunately we do not have the correct stock to correct this error.

Then I emailed back asking if there was going to be a delay in getting the black one in, and if so whether I could just wait to exchange it. Their response to that was:

Okay, will check. Should be the final nail in Umbro’s coffin if correct. 
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur

Waz - 22 Sep 2019 9:28 PM

Okay, will check. Should be the final nail in Umbro’s coffin if correct. 

Cheers! It all just seems very strange! 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

The Roar and jerseys don't seem to be the best of friends.
Stevie.J
Stevie.J
Fan
Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)

That's completely ducking ridiculous.

In short they're saying "We messed up, but deal with it". If they didn't have the item at least give me a refund to notify me. Sure that's annoying but not as much being sent something you didn't purchase. Now I have a jersey I had zero interest in purchasing and I'm $120 down.

Have they given you the option for a refund or at the very least to exchange it for one of the other jerseys?

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur

Stevie.J - 22 Sep 2019 10:02 PM

That's completely ducking ridiculous.

In short they're saying "We messed up, but deal with it". If they didn't have the item at least give me a refund to notify me. Sure that's annoying but not as much being sent something you didn't purchase. Now I have a jersey I had zero interest in purchasing and I'm $120 down.

Have they given you the option for a refund or at the very least to exchange it for one of the other jerseys?

Oh they definitely gave the option to return it for a refund. I would have been a lot more annoyed if they hadn't! 
Waz
Waz
Legend

I just spoke with David Pourre and he’s unaware of any issues with the Black kit. Rebel run both retail and on-line sales and the whole reason for the delayed kit launch was to allow Umbro to ship stock for retail sale. 

He’s checking the situation with Rebel this morning. 
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur

Waz - 23 Sep 2019 6:08 AM
I just spoke with David Pourre and he’s unaware of any issues with the Black kit. Rebel run both retail and on-line sales and the whole reason for the delayed kit launch was to allow Umbro to ship stock for retail sale. 

He’s checking the situation with Rebel this morning. 

Thanks Waz, perhaps the person I was emailing with got their wires crossed/didn't actually know what was happening. 
I definitely can't find any listings of the black kit in an adults size (kids size available online) on either the Roar shop or the Rebel online store. Whether it is available in stores is another matter. Might have to do a call around. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Mello-D - 23 Sep 2019 7:19 AM
Waz - 23 Sep 2019 6:08 AM

Thanks Waz, perhaps the person I was emailing with got their wires crossed/didn't actually know what was happening. 
I definitely can't find any listings of the black kit in an adults size (kids size available online) on either the Roar shop or the Rebel online store. Whether it is available in stores is another matter. Might have to do a call around. 

I was in Rebel Indooroopilly and they didn’t have the black shirt either. And the staff member I spoke too didn’t think they would be getting it in. 
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur

Waz - 23 Sep 2019 7:40 AM
Mello-D - 23 Sep 2019 7:19 AM

I was in Rebel Indooroopilly and they didn’t have the black shirt either. And the staff member I spoke too didn’t think they would be getting it in. 

Interesting! It'll be a real shame if we can't end up getting them! 
Divine Right
Divine Right
Hacker
Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)Hacker (330 reputation)

Mello-D - 23 Sep 2019 7:49 AM
Waz - 23 Sep 2019 7:40 AM

Interesting! It'll be a real shame if we can't end up getting them! 

I will be spewing if we can't get the black kit...hopefully Pourre can sort it out...
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

So they get everyone hyped to buy a black kit and then somehow stuff it up.

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur

MrBrisbane - 23 Sep 2019 2:22 PM
So they get everyone hyped to buy a black kit and then somehow stuff it up.

Haha, potentially. I've had a couple of people on Twitter say the same thing happened to them. Ordered black, received Maroon, got offered a refund or to keep the Maroon one only. 
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Mello-D - 23 Sep 2019 2:41 PM
MrBrisbane - 23 Sep 2019 2:22 PM

Haha, potentially. I've had a couple of people on Twitter say the same thing happened to them. Ordered black, received Maroon, got offered a refund or to keep the Maroon one only. 

Seems dodgy to begin that they are sending out kits that they know is not the right order, I mean going by what you have said it seems it has happened to a few people, maybe they hoped people wouldn't return it? 

jacksone10
jacksone10
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)

Fans have been demanding the black kit ever since they last got rid of it and now they are talking of not selling them? Whosoever decision that is is ridiculous as they would have decent sales for that particular jersey. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search