BDP

Author
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
So will Joey Leilua look good in blue? I say yes...rather him than Ramien..I think the dummy spit with Newcastle doesn't put him as a solid player
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Steveswr33333 - 17 Oct 2019 9:35 AM
So will Joey Leilua look good in blue? I say yes...rather him than Ramien..I think the dummy spit with Newcastle doesn't put him as a solid player

Joey can get caught out a bit in in defence at times, and has the odd brain explosion in attack.... but he is also a player who can make things happen... we need s few more attacking options so yes, but don't expect him to be perfect... we have to take the rocks with the diamonds... not as many rocks as he once had....
DanD
DanD
Rising Star
Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)

For those interested in V'lad our new RL Admin...there is a piece on 7.30 Report tonight on NSW Racing...not sure if it's controversial or not.
Witnit
Witnit
Weekender
Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)

Zef - 16 Oct 2019 4:55 PM
So I've just seen, courtesy of Bulldogs Twitter, footage of Jake Averillo, first time I've seen him that I know of..

Regular... what is he SG Ball?... watchers may know all about him and would probably tell me he needs to work on his defense or something and it's only SG Ball he's playing against and all the rest of it and all fair enough but....

... WTF! He's one of the most fluid and quick and light footed and natural and just f***in' pretty ball runners I've ever seen.

Where is he at in system?

I was actually a bit disappointed with the highlights they chose. They only showed his running game but i think there is more to Jake than that. Definite first grader of the future. May even get a taste next year i suspect. 
DanD
DanD
Rising Star
Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)

Geez just watched 7.30 Report and judging by V'lad's responses...we will miss Peter Beattie! Bloody woeful.
tony v_2
tony v_2
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

Love the way jurno s
say bulldogs 
cirquiling   that means we won’t get
laulua as it is the way it always turns
out , I thought easan masters would of
come ,he a good goal kicker but 
the cows signed him for 3 years
tony v_2
tony v_2
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

Feel so sorry for
jeremy marshall king his dad died in nz
on Tuesday in a bad tragic car accident
he posted a message on his instagram
Gee I feel for him & benji 
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

DanD - 17 Oct 2019 9:24 PM
Geez just watched 7.30 Report and judging by V'lad's responses...we will miss Peter Beattie! Bloody woeful.

The whole thing is terrible. He came across as if he was surprised that the industry he's been a major part of is basically about abusing animals & making them suffer.
What the animals are put through just for the racing aspect is bad enough, but all the images of idiots torturing the animals to death & so forth after they can't race anymore, it just makes me mad beyond words.
If the NRL hadn't found him they probably would've considered hitting Gallop over the head with a hammer until he was concussed stupid & suffering from amnesia, then bringing him back. I still hope he can clean up some of the existing mess & make some improvements but I very much doubt he can do much even if he wanted to.

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

tony v_2 - 18 Oct 2019 3:15 AM
Feel so sorry for
jeremy marshall king his dad died in nz
on Tuesday in a bad tragic car accident
he posted a message on his instagram
Gee I feel for him & benji 

Very sad news mate. Thoughts to their family.

DanD
DanD
Rising Star

BloodyNora - 18 Oct 2019 4:57 AM
DanD - 17 Oct 2019 9:24 PM

The whole thing is terrible. He came across as if he was surprised that the industry he's been a major part of is basically about abusing animals & making them suffer.
What the animals are put through just for the racing aspect is bad enough, but all the images of idiots torturing the animals to death & so forth after they can't race anymore, it just makes me mad beyond words.
If the NRL hadn't found him they probably would've considered hitting Gallop over the head with a hammer until he was concussed stupid & suffering from amnesia, then bringing him back. I still hope he can clean up some of the existing mess & make some improvements but I very much doubt he can do much even if he wanted to.

Very underwhelming performance, both his the screen interview and in the execution of his job..either a liar who knew that NSW horses are going to Qld knackeries for dog/human food or completely incompetent and had no idea about such an important part of NSW Racing legislation.

That investigation so telling. The horses are treated so inhumanely. Some had won half a mill for their owners only to get fed to dishlickers and Chinese (I presume).

Highlights that far too many thoroughbreds are sired on a hit and miss basis, then off to the slaughter yards for the next lot of 3-5 year olds to be flogged off for the almighty dollar.

V'lad not a very credible administrator based on those facts presented last night...and probably indicates he is bought as well. Sad.
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Dan, strangely enough it was Europe as their main customer for human consumption, followed to a lesser extent by Asia & Russia. It was a sick twist hearing they were being fed to greyhounds as well, as if canned pet food wasn't bad enough, although the latter was always unspoken common knowledge. Not that anyone knows whose job it is to keep it all legal etc.

If people don't have the rural estate to retire the animals to (& the funds) then they shouldn't be legally allowed to be involved. None of that mates at work chipping in to own a race horse stuff, they'd have nowhere to keep it, couldn't afford to feed it, let alone retire it. The ones that do have the larger properties, they're no angels either. As you said, they're guilty of breeding as many as they can hoping to find a quick one with the rest of the poor animals getting driven off to be killed. Well done to the ABC for bringing it to peoples attention at least. Hopefully there's a big crackdown to put a stop to it.

We'll have to wait & see how he goes once he starts at the NRL, but geez, it's a worry after all this stuff.

Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Tom Pacheco...China Blue
Do you see that old workhorse that they're whipping like a bull
the one with the heavy iron plow he's struggling to pull
He's almost twenty years old, time is not on his side
He was once a champion racehorse all the top jockeys would ride
He ran in the Kentucky Derby , he drew the outside post
And came in fourth of 18, the finish it was close
He won a dozen races at all the major tracks
There was a time when China Blue was the only horse to back.

He got bit by a rattle snake while grazing in the rain
His blood was badly poisoned, he was never quite the same
Then from owner to owner as he slipped down the grades
Til a rough track in Mexico was the last place he would race
He was sold to a carnival and like a freak exhibited
Where drunks would pay to throw hoops around his frightened head
He was won in a poker game in a blues bar in Flagstaff
His new master master fed him Methadrine just for a laugh
He was traded for a TV at a junkyard in Cheyenne
And chained to a rusty car wreck in the hot sun he would stand
With letters crudely painted on his sides in day glo red
Lowest prices anywhere, the advertisement said

A farmer found him starving in the snow all skin and bones
He needed a new workhorse so he brought him home
And nursed him back to health, then hitched him to a plow
China Blue the racehorse knew what slavery was now
A dog food company just bought China Blue my friends
In the muscle of a greyhound he'll be running once again
But tonight I'm going to stop it, I'll leave $200
I'm stealing that old horse I'm gonna take him in my truck
And I'll drive out to the desert where I'll set him free to roam
To join a herd of mustangs so he will not be alone
Where he can live his last years in peacea nd dignity
And die among the wild things that live in harmony.

Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro

DanD - 18 Oct 2019 10:22 AM
BloodyNora - 18 Oct 2019 4:57 AM

Very underwhelming performance, both his the screen interview and in the execution of his job..either a liar who knew that NSW horses are going to Qld knackeries for dog/human food or completely incompetent and had no idea about such an important part of NSW Racing legislation.

That investigation so telling. The horses are treated so inhumanely. Some had won half a mill for their owners only to get fed to dishlickers and Chinese (I presume).

Highlights that far too many thoroughbreds are sired on a hit and miss basis, then off to the slaughter yards for the next lot of 3-5 year olds to be flogged off for the almighty dollar.

V'lad not a very credible administrator based on those facts presented last night...and probably indicates he is bought as well. Sad.

The whole story is beyond sad...gonna play Roy Rogers doing "Four Legged Friend"..

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Steveswr33333 - 18 Oct 2019 12:42 PM
Tom Pacheco...China Blue
Do you see that old workhorse that they're whipping like a bull
the one with the heavy iron plow he's struggling to pull
He's almost twenty years old, time is not on his side
He was once a champion racehorse all the top jockeys would ride
He ran in the Kentucky Derby , he drew the outside post
And came in fourth of 18, the finish it was close
He won a dozen races at all the major tracks
There was a time when China Blue was the only horse to back.

He got bit by a rattle snake while grazing in the rain
His blood was badly poisoned, he was never quite the same
Then from owner to owner as he slipped down the grades
Til a rough track in Mexico was the last place he would race
He was sold to a carnival and like a freak exhibited
Where drunks would pay to throw hoops around his frightened head
He was won in a poker game in a blues bar in Flagstaff
His new master master fed him Methadrine just for a laugh
He was traded for a TV at a junkyard in Cheyenne
And chained to a rusty car wreck in the hot sun he would stand
With letters crudely painted on his sides in day glo red
Lowest prices anywhere, the advertisement said

A farmer found him starving in the snow all skin and bones
He needed a new workhorse so he brought him home
And nursed him back to health, then hitched him to a plow
China Blue the racehorse knew what slavery was now
A dog food company just bought China Blue my friends
In the muscle of a greyhound he'll be running once again
But tonight I'm going to stop it, I'll leave $200
I'm stealing that old horse I'm gonna take him in my truck
And I'll drive out to the desert where I'll set him free to roam
To join a herd of mustangs so he will not be alone
Where he can live his last years in peacea nd dignity
And die among the wild things that live in harmony.

I'm just glad your song had a happy ending....not sure I could take another verse if it didn't.

Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Steveswr33333 - 18 Oct 2019 1:54 PM
DanD - 18 Oct 2019 10:22 AM

The whole story is beyond sad...gonna play Roy Rogers doing "Four Legged Friend"..

On last night's evidence he'll be a perfect fit for Rugby League.
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

Mooloolabadog - 18 Oct 2019 5:08 PM

Yes that's what I'm afraid of. Seems he is just another well paid administrator not truly getting involved in all the finer intricacies of the job and welfare of all it's stakeholders ...always on time for tv appearances and liquid lunches tho :(
Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro

The phrase "burying his head in the sand' seems to be coming to mind. This story is just ridiculous in the sense the cruelty and lack of respect shown is just beyond the limits of decency and imagination.

Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Regards Asofa Solomon's ban.  Why is the NRL banning players from international duty.  Why are they not banning players from the NRL over which they have stewardship.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Well Dman has been lauding him like he is the Second Coming....

Oh he'll be coming any second now.....
Watch out!
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Gonna base opinions on a couple of minutes of cherry picked interview footage from a snowflake ABC trumped up stitch up... by same journo that tried to bring greyhound racing down...

Marki you probably haven’t even seen it...

Go to link if you want the other side of the story....
The ABC only ever present one side of an argument...

https://mdata.racingnsw.com.au/FreeFields/latest_news_full.aspx?ArticleId=52500&Article=Racing-NSW-Response-To-ABC-7.30-Report

Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro

dman2018 - 19 Oct 2019 10:10 AM
Gonna base opinions on a couple of minutes of cherry picked interview footage from a snowflake ABC trumped up stitch up... by same journo that tried to bring greyhound racing down...

Marki you probably haven’t even seen it...

Go to link if you want the other side of the story....
The ABC only ever present one side of an argument...

https://mdata.racingnsw.com.au/FreeFields/latest_news_full.aspx?ArticleId=52500&Article=Racing-NSW-Response-To-ABC-7.30-Report

Maybe some stats on number of charges laid and if any, penalties applied, may have been helpful in defending the industry..  Waller and Freedman seem concerned.
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

It's f***in' lauuuuuuughable the term "Horse Racing Industry". There simply is no such thing. It's the GAMBLING industry.

If it's really a horse racing industry then don't bet on them and then see how many go to watch them race, you'd get more at f***in' sailing and nobody watches sailing.

Just another example of humans exploiting dumb animals for cheap entertainment because we're so bored with our own intelligence.

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Mooloolabadog - 19 Oct 2019 10:22 AM
dman2018 - 19 Oct 2019 10:10 AM

Maybe some stats on number of charges laid and if any, penalties applied, may have been helpful in defending the industry..  Waller and Freedman seem concerned.

Maybe... 
And maybe they were given and edited out...

Anyway I’m off to practice my climate change dancing for the police cos ABC said it’s right...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Zef - 19 Oct 2019 10:40 AM
It's f***in' lauuuuuuughable the term "Horse Racing Industry". There simply is no such thing. It's the GAMBLING industry.

If it's really a horse racing industry then don't bet on them and then see how many go to watch them race, you'd get more at f***in' sailing and nobody watches sailing.

Just another example of humans exploiting dumb animals for cheap entertainment because we're so bored with our own intelligence.

Horses aren’t dumb...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Zef - 19 Oct 2019 10:40 AM

Oh and you can bet on sailing... but nobody still goes...
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro

dman2018 - 19 Oct 2019 11:16 AM

Maybe... 

Anyway I’m off to practice my climate change dancing for the police cos ABC said it’s right...

Edited out of Racing NSW's response?
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Maybe... 

And don’t forget, the ABC have refused to provide evidence in these alleged instances... pretty hard to charge someone with something without evidence...

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

And let’s all conveniently forget what is happening with D Weir at the moment...

Funny how the story comes out the week of the Everest... has similar tones to the ‘darkest day in Australian sport’....
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Mooloolabadog - 19 Oct 2019 11:25 AM

Edited out of Racing NSW's response?

Sorry thought you meant the interview....

Either way V’landys said there’d been no evidence of it occurring in NSW (a key point) so there couldn’t be any stats...
Witnit
Witnit
Weekender
Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)

Honestly that's exactly what i would have guessed was happening to old racehorses. Anyone who knows anything about country Australia knows that is where most animals end up when their purpose has expired. Facts.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search